Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2010, 12:43 PM   #1
Wadekind
DIS Veteran

Lanyards

This will be our first cruise. I have seen lanyards for sale on Ebay that are black with red piping and red and white lettering that says Castaway Club. Are these the same lanyards available for purchase on board ship or for multiple x cruisers? I don't want anyone to think we are trying to pull something.
Wadekind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:49 PM   #2
cwdefouw
DVC Member since 1999

There are lanyards for sail in the Mickey's Mates shop onboard, several colors and varieties. However, I do not recall seeing the Castaway Club ones there in September on the Wonder. I think these may only be given out at check-in for returning cruisers.
cwdefouw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2010, 01:21 PM   #3
luvdamouse91
DIS Veteran

The Castaway Club lanyards they give you on board now show your Castaway Club status. (Silver, Gold & Platinum). As far as pulling anything off goes, I wouldn't worry about it. When we were on the WBTA we saw all different types of lanyards. Wear what you will feel most comfortable with, and fits your budget.

DCL (Wonder): 1/2000 (Bahamas), WBPC 5/2015
DCL (Magic): 1/2003 (E), 12/2007 (W),5/2009 (W),9/2010 (WBTA), 9/2012 (NY-CAN),11/2013, WBTA 2014
DCL (Dream): 5/2011 (B2B), 12/2011, 11/2014
DCL (Fantasy): 12/2012 (W)
HAL (DVC/Alaska/Zuiderdam): 5/2004
RCL (Serenade): 10/2011

Last edited by luvdamouse91; 10-26-2010 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
luvdamouse91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:23 PM   #4
When I Grow Up
Mouseketeer

The ones on ebay that are for sale (usually Pretty Cheap) are from the original Castaway Club. You got the same type on every repeat cruise. When they went to the tier system they did the Silver ones (Cruise #2 thru 5), Gold (Cruise 6 thru 10) and Platinum (11+)
They give them out as you check in. First time cruisers get nothing. The lanyard pouch is so handy to keep the Key to the world card in that most people buy a lanyard on board (DCL or other style). I would buy the ones on ebay and save a few $$'s Your castaway level is printed on your card and if you are a first time cruiser on DCL even the card is different. I see alot of the original lanyards in use. In fact they are much better because they dont have the adjustable buckles that irritate my neck. I have modified our gold ones to cut off the buckles and just sewed them to the correct length. Enjoy the cruise.
Regards
When I Grow Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:30 PM   #5
owensamo
DIS Veteran

If you are DVC members, you will get DVC lanyards as well, both in the stateroom gift (usually delivered on the first night) and at the member gathering. I usually end up wearing my DVC lanyard rather than my CC lanyard as it's more comfortable. Last time I ended up switching out the ID holder on my DVC lanyard for a CC one, though - the DVC lanyard didn't have a zip top!
owensamo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
castaway, club, lanyards

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: