Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2010, 02:54 PM   #1
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Chilly 4.0 The Quadrilogy - Day 2

Sunday 26th September 2010

I'm woken up by the air con coming on just before the alarm was due to go off. We are up early today to visit the WWOHP with Meryll and Simon who we due to pick up from Pop at 7:30am, we were running late and it was nearer 7:45am though. We arrive at Universal and park in King Kong row 201 at 8.20am. We walk towards the park and DH says to me "You have got the tickets haven't you?" and I just start laughing because its either that or cry as no I don't have the tickets, they are back at POFQ nice and safe in the safe. Mike suggests we just buy some but I tell him not to be silly its too much money so Mike and I head back to the car and our hotel agreeing a time and place to meet Meryll and Simon later. It takes us 40 minutes to get there and back so we enter at 9am, we find out later the park only actually opened at 8:50am so we didn't miss much.

We head straight to Forbidden Journey and we hardly have to queue. The queue is fab but its not my or DH's kind of ride as we both get motion sickness. We had a quick look in the shop but it was very busy and dark. We headed into the village for some photos then went to get some breakfast (cherry danish & blueberry muffin).

We head back into the village to meet Meryll and Simon, they tell us that they thought "forgetting the tickets" was a code and that they'd never see us again! We all go on Forbidden Journey again and get some photos in the queue.

As we walk back into the village we see a snake, there are a couple of Universal staff keeping everyone away from it, but Simon steps forward and quips, ďits ok I know parseltongueĒ, I think Iím the only one who laughs.

We also spot some singers who are all looking a tad hot in their costumes.

Next up everyone but me goes on Dragon Challenge and I queue up to get us all some Butterbeer, Iím just paying when they come off the ride. DH and I share a frozen one, and M & S get one of each, but we are only given 2 straws, the server tells me they are for the frozen drinks only as they make the cold drinks explode. Simon doesnít believe me but the server overhears and assures him itís true. We all enjoy are drinks in the owlery, after a bit Simon decides he needs to see for himself so sticks his straw in the drink and indeed us does froth up a bit, making the drink look pretty yucky.

We exit Potterland and head to Jurassic Park and the River Adventure which Meryll has an aversion to but we make her go on. As we go over the drop my hat flies off and possibly smacks the person behind in the face but the important thing is I didnít lose it! Next up is Ripsaw Falls, we um and ah about going on it but in the end decide we will accept Meryll, the 3 of us get soaked not by the big drop but by a tame earlier one. We give Popeye a miss. We all go on Spiderman, then DH and I do Dr Doom, and M & S do the Hulk. The park seems busy but all the queues are short.

We go back to Potterland and into the 3 Broomsticks for lunch. 3 fish n chips and a chicken n ribs for me, the queue was long but moved quickly, we are all gob smacked that they donít serve coke. We leave IOA and head into Universal and go on the Mummy. The park seems empty but then we see the queues for Disaster and Jaws and decide thatís where everyone is so give them both a miss. The day is getting very hot and we are drying off nicely, we head into MIB for some aircon. Simon asks if we are competitive and I say not really mainly because Iím rubbish at these rides. Guess what I won!

We all get a drink and find a nice seat in the shade to enjoy them. Simon asks if Iíll be doing a TR and if so to be nice to him in it, by now he has called me a geek at least twice so I tell him I wonít be. ET is the last ride we do, I say my name is Gertie and DH goes for Burt. We exit and get the standard globe shot, Meryll asks someone to take all 4 of us and she is very nice, waiting for the globe to spin round so she gets the word in, I tell Meryll she was clever to ask the lady with the huge camera round her neck to take the photo.

We drop off M & S at Pop and head back to POFQ, I write up my TR while DH channel surfs, he finds Back to the Future which is quite apt as Simon had been wearing a t-shirt from the film and people had been commenting all day on it. We find a card waiting for us signed by Mickey and Minnie with a photopass card in it.

DH and I grab some dinner in the Food Court, cheese pizza for me, Pepperoni for DH and a side salad to share. We drive over to MK and catch the ferry over, Wishes goes off as we sail across. Our aim is to watch the parade and I guess so where a lot of other people as MK is packed. (Sorry no photos as we took turns filming it.) We leave straight after the parade just as it starts to rain.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:43 PM   #2
DISWolves
Dreams really can come true !!!!

Great day at Universal............Who forgot the tickets
Glad it didn't spoil the rest of the day.

What drinks are available in 3 broomsticks if no coke
A lovely gesture with the photopass card

Looking forward to more updates
DISWolves is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2010, 05:16 PM   #3
fizz13
Dreams about being stuck on Space Mountain

sounds line a fab first park day. bit worried about forbidden journey now, my mum is a bit of a woose with rides but she was going to give this a try. probably not easy but can you try and describe the movement? was it jerky like dinosaur or more simulator like spiderman? are my boys gonna be freaked out scared by dementors?
sorry about the 20 questions, just really curious about this ride!
looking forward to more :-) x
fizz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:16 AM   #4
strawberry blonde
DIS Veteran

Great 2nd day Claire. At least your DH asked if you had the tickets. Mine just presumes that I have plus his driving licence, plane tickets etc

Love the photos
strawberry blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:23 AM   #5
florida sun
Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe
Don't you know who I am ??? I was on Dr Who
I'm dizzy just reading

DISboards Moderator

Great day Claire and lovely photos

florida sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:35 AM   #6
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISWolves View Post
What drinks are available in 3 broomsticks if no coke
They had lemonade (I think), butterbeer, beers, non alcoholic cider (which I had and was very nice) and thats it I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizz13 View Post
sounds line a fab first park day. bit worried about forbidden journey now, my mum is a bit of a woose with rides but she was going to give this a try. probably not easy but can you try and describe the movement? was it jerky like dinosaur or more simulator like spiderman? are my boys gonna be freaked out scared by dementors?
sorry about the 20 questions, just really curious about this ride!
looking forward to more :-) x
Its like spiderman but with more movement.

They do have dementors and I think they could be quite scary. The other thing is that you can't see anyone else riding with you or hold their hand or anything.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:33 AM   #7
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Great update and lovely pictures

I am amazed that you managed to get back with the tickets in such a short time
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:09 PM   #8
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

fab day Claire, shame that your DH forgot the tickets! still ya didn't loss much time.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:16 PM   #9
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongirlof12 View Post
fab day Claire, shame that your DH forgot the tickets! still ya didn't loss much time.
I forgot the tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
I am amazed that you managed to get back with the tickets in such a short time
Me to!
Old 10-29-2010, 04:47 AM   #10
jjk

Pete and I wait and watch some lovely baby lizards
I have always booked myself
"Play Up Pompey"

great day

[/IMG]

2000 Disneyland paris 2003 Ramada inn 2004 Quality inn plaza2005 Cumbrian lakes2006 Emerald Island July and December2007 Emerald Island May and July2008 Emerald Island and Contemporary Resort2009 Saratoga Springs 2010 Animal Kingdom lodge2011HRH Animal KingdomLodge 2012Holiday inn Miami ocean front /Animal Kingdom lodge
jjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:47 PM   #11
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

A lovely day. I'm glad I'm not the only one who forgets tickets!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:01 PM   #12
Tinks1984
We're having a mini party!
I couldn't believe how many there was in the bag!

Fantastic day, loved reading all about it. I'm glad you didn't miss out on too much with forgetting the tickets
Tinks1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:45 AM   #13
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

Great pics of WWoHP. I loved it there and I haven't even seen any of the films or read any of the books!
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:28 PM   #14
mark&sue
I keep trying to convert everybody, but they just don't want to be converted
I can only get a tag if its near the weekend. a monday, tuesday and some wednesdays are definately no tag days

can't believe how low your queues are. we were there in July and could not move in the parks. I did feel a bit sick on the ride but well worth it

susan
Oct 1992: off site - April 1998: Dixie Landings - Oct 1999: DL California - Oct 2000: Grosvenor Resort - Oct 2001: POFQ - Dec 2001:Disneyland Hotel - Oct 2003: Davy Crockets Cabins - Oct 2004: Grand Floridian -May 2005: SSR (DVC) & HRH - Oct 2005: New York Hotel - Oct 2006: SSR and BCV (DVC) - Aug 2007: SSR (DVC) and 1st Disney Cruise - July 2008: Sequoia Lodge - July 2010: Treehouse Villas - Sequoia Lodge: Oct 2010 - April 2011 Treehouse Villas/Portofino Bay
2012/13: Several trips to our Dream holiday Home in Spain
mark&sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:37 AM   #15
suzycute
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a great day - when you finally got there!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: