Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2010, 01:19 PM   #106
patsal
I've discovered I don't need to be a control freak...and like it!

Same as before. your Key to the World Card will say the number of Adults (A) and Children (C), but the credits are all pooled together. When you order they will only let you order what your card says, as they always have, so if you go through the line and want 3 adult QS meals but your card says 2 adults that is all you will be allowed to order.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:07 PM   #107
free2div
Mouseketeer

NEED HELP W THIS Extra CCS

We are going in Oct. It will be 3 adults and 1 child with regular dining plan. Our granddaughter is booked in our room and we are paying for her DDP. We get there on Oct 7 but she will not be there until Oct 11..my question is..we will have 5 Childs counter service meals left over to use. How many of those can we use a day say for when she gets there with us? We also have another child age 9 on dining plan with his parents in our group. Would we be able to use her credits to buy him meals on our card? Hope this all makes sense but I hate to see them go to waste. Thanks
free2div is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2010, 07:24 PM   #108
Faldred
DIS Veteran

The credits are available from the moment of the original check-in and can be used by any member of the party (child, obviously) at any time. The credits belong to the room, not the person, and there is no restriction as to how often they can be used.

March 2009: Port Orleans Riverside ( Trip Report -- Dining Report ) -- May 2006: Vacation Village timeshare -- May 2002: Orange Lake timeshare
Faldred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:30 PM   #109
free2div
Mouseketeer

can I use

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faldred View Post
The credits are available from the moment of the original check-in and can be used by any member of the party (child, obviously) at any time. The credits belong to the room, not the person, and there is no restriction as to how often they can be used.
ok..have 2 adult and 1 child on our plan..say can I use 2 adult and 2 childs credits for 1 meal?
free2div is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:47 PM   #110
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

In one transaction you can purchase 2 adult meals and one child meal, as that is what will be printed on your key to the world card. You can purchase fewer than that in one transaction but not more.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:01 PM   #111
motogp
Mouseketeer

Kids ordering adult meal?

If you eat somewhere and there is not a children's menu, does your child still get a meal/drink/dessert like an adult on the DDP?
motogp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:48 PM   #112
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by motogp View Post
If you eat somewhere and there is not a children's menu, does your child still get a meal/drink/dessert like an adult on the DDP?
Yes, your child will get the same meal that an adult would at those locations.
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:50 AM   #113
arrie25
Earning My Ears

Is there any disney reataurant in toronta having children's menu...can anyone recommend me
arrie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:18 PM   #114
dismommy2
Mouseketeer

What about children under 2? Are they allowed to order anything off the children's menu?
Thank you!!!
dismommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:31 AM   #115
Faldred
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismommy2 View Post
What about children under 2? Are they allowed to order anything off the children's menu?
Thank you!!!
Children under 3 aren't covered by the dining plan at all. At buffets and other all-you-care-to-eat places, they eat for free anyway. Everywhere else, they can either share off the rest of the party's plates or additional food may be ordered for them out-of-pocket (including off the children's menu, of course).

March 2009: Port Orleans Riverside ( Trip Report -- Dining Report ) -- May 2006: Vacation Village timeshare -- May 2002: Orange Lake timeshare
Faldred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:15 PM   #116
lizziepooh
DIS Veteran

Are Child/Adult counter service credits combined?

Are the child and adult counter service credits on the dining plan all pooled together or do they show as (for example) 6 adult and 2 child credits remaining? I know kids are supposed to order from kids menu if available but how is it tracked? I'm just trying to figure out how we will know just which credits are remaining so as not to get mixed up. Thanks.
lizziepooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:08 PM   #117
lizziepooh
DIS Veteran

Adult/Child counter service credits

With the basic dining plan, how does the system keep track of how many remaining counter service credits are adult and how many are kids? Will it show the breakdown of child/adult credits remaining on a slip after the last person orders?
We will be a group of 8 (6 adults and 2 kids) who won't always be together at meal times.
lizziepooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:16 AM   #118
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

I've read other threads where people have said they've treated someone else in line. But how can you do that, if your card says 2A & 2C, how can you buy a fifth CS meal? I thought the system wouldn't allow that?

Also, what if I want to use one of my kids credits one day? For example - can I order 4 Mickey waffles platters, which would be 4 kids CS credits, then another time order 4 adult CS meals? Technically, it's using 4 of each, which is what we're entitled to.

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside

Last edited by Tricia1972; 10-25-2010 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Removed Quote - Quote was deleted because it violates Disney's written guidelines
momof2gr8kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:34 AM   #119
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2gr8kids View Post
I've read other threads where people have said they've treated someone else in line. But how can you do that, if your card says 2A & 2C, how can you buy a fifth CS meal? I thought the system wouldn't allow that?

Also, what if I want to use one of my kids credits one day? For example - can I order 4 Mickey waffles platters, which would be 4 kids CS credits, then another time order 4 adult CS meals? Technically, it's using 4 of each, which is what we're entitled to.

Unfortunately the system has been abused, so CMs have been instructed by Disney to process CS credits as indicated on the KTTW card.
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:52 PM   #120
disneyfan2kids
DIS Veteran

QSD and Child's Credits.

If I have QSDP and 2 adults and 2 children. If my DH takes my 2 kids for fish and chips (no child menu there) will they charge us 3 adult credits? I'd hate to get charged for adult credits...and then I'm stuck eating kids meals as a result.

disneyfan2kids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: