Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2010, 10:32 PM   #286
KC78
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglaura View Post
I take a stack of lids from take-out drinks. If you turn it upside down and insert a popsicle or mickey bar through the straw x-cut, then the lid will catch any drips!
ABSOLUTE GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 2009-MNSSHP-BWV and AKV-Kidani
November 2010-DD's 6th B'day-OKW
Oct/Nov 2012 HALLOWEEN and DD's 8th B'day-AoA-LM and CSR
December 2013-Christmas-SSR

KC78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:33 AM   #287
drewsmomslp
Earning My Ears

I am loving the suggestions on this thread and have a nice little list going. Thought I'd add one. On our first trip our daughter was 3 and scared to death of the automatic flushing toilets ... which are of course the only kind in the parks. She was too little to block the sensor. Someone on a list like this suggested keeping a mini-post it pad in your pocket. The little squares are the perfect size to put up on the sensor then pull off when shes done!
drewsmomslp is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2010, 06:32 PM   #288
melnbil
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabooliss View Post
We had the monkey backpack for my DS, when we went, when he was 2 1/2.... He'd much rather have the freedom of the "leash" than have to hold my hand or be strapped in the stroller. We have the best photo of him and Aladdin chatting about his pet monkey!
Hmmm.... it would be handy to have it this trip (he doesn't run away anymore, but does get easily distracted still) , but at 6 1/2 I think he'd refuse!
My son will be 6 almost 7 in May when we go. My husband and I have seriously considered taking it just because he hates to hold our hands constantly, and we don't feel comfortable just letting him walk in his own.

melnbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #289
fireman1996
Earning My Ears

Awesome!!!!!!

I read back for months. My wife has done most of these but now I can suggest some to her this time, thanks everybody.
fireman1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:59 PM   #290
mwmom
5th Time Disney Visitor

Organizing

I liked the idea of the Dollar Store divider, so I got one of those (a canvas holder with dividers that folds flat when not in use) and put all of the little things I take with me in it. I was able to get nightlight, 2 small flashlights, small kleenex pkgs., small bottle of spray sunscreen, travel lysol spray, and many other "little items" and then I put that inside a medium size packing cube I ordered from ebags. This keeps everything upright, even though I have things that are twice as tall as the canvas divider thing. When I get there, I can just take it out and leave it on the desk. I can put my room key and other little things in there so they aren't all over the place. (BTW...I am planning on shipping this to the resort so it doesn't take up space in my luggage).

Also, I have to have my Poly Envelope (a type of plastic envelope I got at Target in the office supply section). I put a set of 5 dividers in there labeled: Airline/Car, Hotel, Dining, Maps/Directions, and Parks. I put all of my information in there and keep it in my backpack so I have everything handy and easy to find when I get to the airport, car rental counter, and hotel. I hate fumbling for papers at all of these places and this keeps me organized. I don't carry it around with me, so I just take the papers out that I might need for the park once I get there.

mwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:24 PM   #291
JenniJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewsmomslp View Post
I am loving the suggestions on this thread and have a nice little list going. Thought I'd add one. On our first trip our daughter was 3 and scared to death of the automatic flushing toilets ... which are of course the only kind in the parks. She was too little to block the sensor. Someone on a list like this suggested keeping a mini-post it pad in your pocket. The little squares are the perfect size to put up on the sensor then pull off when shes done!
I hate the auto flushing toilets as well. What works just a good as a post it is draping toilet paper over the senor. then when done take it off and flush it with the rest. You don't have to carry something extra. If the senor is flush with the wall, take the section of paper, get it wet (condensation from toilet) and stick to wall. It should hold.

JenniJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:28 PM   #292
DreamLiveLoveDisney
Mouseketeer

OMG! The plastic lid tip is the best tip ever!! With 4 kids, how have I never thought of this?!

Last edited by DreamLiveLoveDisney; 10-25-2010 at 06:34 AM.
DreamLiveLoveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:34 PM   #293
DLB
DIS Veteran

Talking Great ideas!

I wish I had something to add, but I think everything I add to offer was already mentioned! I did learn that there are some really creative and ingenius parents out there and I THANK YOU for it!
Old 10-24-2010, 06:55 PM   #294
disneydreaming4now
Mouseketeer

I dont have a lot of new tips to add, you guys have covered a lot of it!!! However, one that wasnt mentioned, I bought information (id) tattoos online for my son. It has the information under a pic of Mickey Mouse. Has If My Parents get lost, Please Call them at......(with our cell phone #s). I put the tattoo on him and it lasts all week. We also use the dog tag on a chain but i feel much better knowing the tattoo is there and its not going to fall off or Im not going to forget to put it on him one day, like a sticker or the dog tag. Its perfect for us!!! Just a thought....
Old 10-24-2010, 07:25 PM   #295
DLB
DIS Veteran

Where did you find those???

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreaming4now View Post
I dont have a lot of new tips to add, you guys have covered a lot of it!!! However, one that wasnt mentioned, I bought information (id) tattoos online for my son. It has the information under a pic of Mickey Mouse. Has If My Parents get lost, Please Call them at......(with our cell phone #s). I put the tattoo on him and it lasts all week. We also use the dog tag on a chain but i feel much better knowing the tattoo is there and its not going to fall off or Im not going to forget to put it on him one day, like a sticker or the dog tag. Its perfect for us!!! Just a thought....

I like the tattoo idea!
Old 10-25-2010, 05:03 PM   #296
nursesandy
Earning My Ears

My idea isn't what we pack, it is how we pack it. I use my Food Saver and use the roll of bags. You cut the bag to the length you need, fill it with what you want and then suck the air out of it. When the youngest ones were babies, we did this with the powdered formula. We made packets with formula measured out for one bottle and when we needed a bottle, we would fill the bottle with water from the closest water source, pour in the pre-measured bag and shake. I know you can buy these pre-measured already, but it is much cheaper to do this as well. You could also use zip-lock bags, but I like knowing that it is sealed and that I don't have to worry about it getting wet or handled too roughly. We do this with the powdered laundry detergent as well. DH jokes that one day security will think we are trying to smuggle drugs or something.

Today, I was packing for our upcoming trip and the pull-ups were taking up too much room. I stuck these in there and sucked the air out. Greatly reduced the volume that they were taking up and since we will use most of them while we are there, I won't have to worry about the size of them on the way home.
nursesandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:07 PM   #297
Readhed
Earning My Ears

Don't know if it's been mentioned (haven't made it thru entire thread!), but one of the best things I think I took last time was a pack of long pipe cleaners in lots of colors. Kids (mine and ones around us) had a great time making "things" while waiting on parades and in long lines. Kept them quite busy! Lite wgt for park bag+little money=sanity-priceless!
Readhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:38 AM   #298
50sgirl12
Earning My Ears

We're driving so we are picking up some of the freeze and serve daquiris they sell at wal mart or gas stations. Then we can just pour them into a cup and relax by the pool without buying the expensive bar drinks.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:02 AM   #299
Lilmattie13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sgirl12 View Post
We're driving so we are picking up some of the freeze and serve daquiris they sell at wal mart or gas stations. Then we can just pour them into a cup and relax by the pool without buying the expensive bar drinks.
Thats an awesome idea.
:
1997 Off Property, 1st visit *1999 All Star Sports*2001 off Property*2002 Off Property*2005 CBR*2006 DISNEYLAND Disney hotel*2007 POR *2008 Doubletree DTD*2008 SEPT GF *2009 Mar POR.* 2009 Sept POLY *2010 June SWAN*2010 Sept Yacht club*AKL Kidani Nov 2010*PoP June 2011*GF Sept 2011*HGVC Sea World Nov 2011
Lilmattie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:05 AM   #300
henderkm
Mouseketeer

Since everyone in my family wears glasses we pack a small glasses repair kit. We've had to use it while at WDW before. We also pack a lawn and leaf bag for our dirty clothes to keep them off the floor. Since we fly and now have to pay for luggage, the bag takes up less space than the collapsible hamper.
henderkm is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: