Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2010, 10:16 PM   #106
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmommy View Post
any chance you would like to share, your pictures are amazing and your pictures of Rome have inspired me to book the med next August.
Thanks, mkmommy!! Of course I can! I dont think I'm allowed to link another board here, so I'll pm you.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:35 PM   #107
MRAven
We Believe in The Dream that brings us The Wonders of The Magic to keep The Fantasy Alive for Ever

Great Trip Report

Great trip report

I enjoyed it very much. We are booked on the Med Cruise Aug 20th 2011. Your wanderfull pictures and comments really motivates anyone to take this itinerary; although our's is a little shorter, only 7 nights.

Do have a question: I read that most of your tours and/or shore excursions were with private companies, are these the ones from DCL or you were able to book them before the cruise.

I'm going to post the link of this thread on ours so other DissB can enjoy it too.

Disney Magic 7 Night Western Mediterranean Aug 20, 2011
Disney Fantasy 7 Nights East Caribbean Dec 29, 2012
Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western Caribbean Halloween Cruise Oct 26, 2013
Disney Magic 14 days West Bound Trans Atlantic Sep 6, 2014

MRAven is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2010, 03:38 PM   #108
guynwdm
It is a full time job just trying to keep up with all the posts.

I was on that cruise and made the mistake of booking the excursions through Disney. I will NEVER do that again. Most of them did not deliver what the description was in the booking guide. Examples, parts left off due to running out of time like the leaning tower of Pisa was a 5 minute photo stop instead of the 45 minutes of free time, Church tours dropped, the Rome tour ended 2 hours early. The cruise line did NOTHING. Disney really dropped the ball when it came to excursions. We did Monaco on our own for $50 for 2 including things that were not on the excursion that Disney offered. We did it faster, saw more and Disney would have charged us $300 for the same things.

Best advise is to do your homework on the location and determine what you want to see and do and book it yourself. You will see more and have a much better time and save a LOT of money doing it on your own.

Number of days spent at WDW resort in 2010 = 22
Number of days spent at DL resort in 2010 = 7
Number of days spent at DL resort Paris in 2010 = 4
Number of days spent on DCL in 2010 = 12
guynwdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:15 PM   #109
MRAven
We Believe in The Dream that brings us The Wonders of The Magic to keep The Fantasy Alive for Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by guynwdm View Post
I was on that cruise and made the mistake of booking the excursions through Disney. I will NEVER do that again. Most of them did not deliver what the description was in the booking guide. Examples, parts left off due to running out of time like the leaning tower of Pisa was a 5 minute photo stop instead of the 45 minutes of free time, Church tours dropped, the Rome tour ended 2 hours early. The cruise line did NOTHING. Disney really dropped the ball when it came to excursions. We did Monaco on our own for $50 for 2 including things that were not on the excursion that Disney offered. We did it faster, saw more and Disney would have charged us $300 for the same things.

Best advise is to do your homework on the location and determine what you want to see and do and book it yourself. You will see more and have a much better time and save a LOT of money doing it on your own.
Thank you for the heads up !

Disney Magic 7 Night Western Mediterranean Aug 20, 2011
Disney Fantasy 7 Nights East Caribbean Dec 29, 2012
Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western Caribbean Halloween Cruise Oct 26, 2013
Disney Magic 14 days West Bound Trans Atlantic Sep 6, 2014

MRAven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:18 PM   #110
Dicecatt
DIS Veteran

I used the DCL tours for Malta and for Tunisia, and didn't do any tour in Corsica. I'd be happy to give you a list of the private tour contacts I have, just PM me!

I did enjoy the Blue Grotto tour in Malta through DCL, and Tunisia went well also, but by Tunisia I was tired of being on a bus with a lot of people. I greatly prefer private tours. I found some great friends through connecting with other travelers through the DIS on the tours I set up!
Dicecatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:09 AM   #111
DCLShel
"Doesn't everyone have a 3-foot Mickey topiary in their house?"

Thanks for the great trip report! I will be doing the 10-day Med cruise in June, 2011 with DH and DD (11). However, first I'll be cruising with you on the MV of the Dream. See you onboard!
Disney Fantasy: March, 2012 (Maiden Voyage); June, 2013;Disney Dream: Jan, 2011 (Maiden Voyage); Disney Magic: Oct, 2004; Oct, 2005; Aug, 2006; Oct, 2007; Sept, 2008; June, 2009; June, 2011 Disney Wonder:Oct, 2006; July, 2008, June, 2012; Nov, 2013 Platinum Baby!

DCLShel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #112
Nala 84
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the great trip report We'll go on a 7 night Mediterranean Cruise in June, I'm so excited...
Nala 84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: