Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2010, 08:11 PM   #1
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

DIS Unplugged FFL - Week 6 - The end of the hit parade?

Finally out of the shadow of writing articles based on the Syfy trip last week...now I'm only back to my normal harried self - for those interested in the articles, Wizarding World of Harry Potter, etc. head over to scifistorm.org. It's still surreal to me and I'm afraid I've been spoiled that when I go back to WWOHP in December, it won't be the same...

I watched Brandon Meriweather put some hard hits on people, especially Todd Heap, in the Pats game. He kept launching himself into the opposing player, twice at least leading with his helmet. Now the NFL is coming down hard on him and others, and will be handing out suspensions going forward. I don't know if it will cut down on the number of concussions we've been seeing, but its a start at least. Nothing more frustrating than seeing your stud fantasy player go down to a concussion or other severe injury, especially when they are on the "no drop" list...

Big Ben is Back. I wonder if he has a "no motorcycles or stupidity" clause. Frankly, a "no stupidity" clause should be standard, but who'd be left to play?

In the MKC, the No Clue Crew dropped their second game in a row to the High Points team this week, the Everest Yetis, 109-78. We were all chuckling at the end of the drafts how the autopicker picked the Yetis QB last. Not laughing now. Kyle Orton is averaging over 18 points a week. And the Yetis had 84 points on the bench that would have constituted a legal team (aside from a kicker and D/ST), with a player on a bye. That would have beat the WINNERS of three matches this week, and would have tied the highest losing team.

This leaves the Smoke Eaters alone at the top at 5-1, who barely beat the hapless ESPN Club, 80-79. 4 teams are at 4-2.

Low points this week went to Wheezy's Warriors, losing to the Dis Uk (with the second lowest total), 62-55.

In the ECC, High Points went to the surging Carousel Of Doom, beating Boardwalk Buskers 107-79. Low Points went to Pluto's Revenge, losing to The Fins 97-51 in the "Somebody Had To Lose" game, as Pluto's Revenge drops from the 4-way tie for first, as did the Disney Chiefs, leaving the Fins and T-I-double-guh-err at the top at 5-1.

We also had a "Somebody Had To Win" game, with the former 1-4 teams of Brother Bears and Team DoleWhips, with the Whips winning 71-60.

Now back to the waiver wire...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: