Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2010, 10:52 AM   #46
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
Could only make the Pep Squad
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!
 
tinker1bell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: In my wildest dreams
Posts: 6,360

Ever since we were planning for this trip, Stephanie found a video of the Magic coming to Barcelona May 24, 2007 and she was loving the fireworks. She kept saying there would be fireworks when we leave and they would say in the end,,,,

Happy Birthday Stephanie!!! in real big letters and in very small letters,,,,,

and Terry too!!

This video is awesome and I would play it occasionally when I was having a bad day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr64g1SMieg

So this first day was her birthday and it was jammed packed with fun and excitement. She was presented with a cake and we all sang Happy Birthday to her but we ended taking the cake back to the room.

Needless to say, we never got around to eating the cake. A few days later, Shaka asked if we were going to try to eat the cake cause around the strawberry there was a little Afro growing and he was concerned!!
We threw it away.
__________________
In loving memory of June,,09/04/06 "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone....." TERRYDevout Member of the Champagne Girls!!


tinker1bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:56 AM   #47
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
Could only make the Pep Squad
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!
 
tinker1bell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: In my wildest dreams
Posts: 6,360

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilk View Post
Hi Spa Twins,

Keep the report coming. I am enjoying the read.

Jon
Thanks Jon!!
__________________
In loving memory of June,,09/04/06 "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone....." TERRYDevout Member of the Champagne Girls!!


tinker1bell is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-17-2010, 02:22 PM   #48
Candy Apple
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 830

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
I am absolutely loving your report Terry and Steffy ... it is like reliving so many happy memories. I am also suffering badly with Post Holiday Blues, plus a bout of Disney Withdrawal Syndrome , so I am not a happy bunny at present. Reading trip reports is keeping me sane
I really must start mine as a form of therapy I think
Looking forward to your next installments
Reading trip reports does help with Disney Withdrawal Syndrome, but unfortunately we all know there is only one cure--get back on the ship ASAP!! Unfortunately, the cure is very expensive and not covered by any medical insurance.
__________________
DH, me, DS 16, DS 13
Candy Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:31 PM   #49
Steffy
I owe, I owe, It's off to work I go!!!
Knows the best way to fight the post-Disney trip depression is to plan another trip
 
Steffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Fantasyland
Posts: 4,953

We were finally on the Magic. It was so late by the time we got on that the rooms were ready. We went straight to our room and just teared up. It was so lovely. Huge double steamer trunk. Room to walk around the bed without stubbing our toes. We were in heaven.

And the verandah. Nice! We immediately hung the fish extender and slapped a couple of our magnets on the door. We’re home!


(Thanks ******!!!)
Terry had purchased a welcome tray with a bottle of Asti, petite fours and it was beautiful.



We decided just to eat a few, as we were starving. We tossed our stuff on the sofa and were on the way to Topsiders, when we ran into our wonderful room steward Shaka. It was love at first sight. After speaking with him, we knew we were in for the perfect cruise.

We dashed up to Topsiders and had lunch. Then we went straight to the spa. We did the tour and booked our alone times and also purchased our rainforest room passes. We went to the raffle drawing and didn’t win a thing. Oh well. At least we had our names in. You have to play to win!.

We dashed down for the dis party in the Promenade Lounge. There was a huge line for the lanyards that Erik and Jason had created for us. It was so good finally meeting them. And we meet Connie who had our pins and Krissann who had the glow in the dark bracelets. We were totally outfitted!! Then we stood for the group photo. I think it is somewhere on Facebook.

We had to go back to the room and hurry and get our life jackets for the drill. When we got back we tried to unpack, but soon the music from the deck party drifted down, and up to deck 10 we went! After the party we were going to unpack, but it was so close to 5:30 we knew we needed to be at the Treasure Ketch to get our purses!



And we experienced the first snag of the trip. For whatever reason, Disney was not releasing the purses until the 23rd! I even played the “It’s my birthday and I wanted it for dinner tonight” card. No purse. So we went to dinner at Animator’s Palette and met our wonderful table mates and servers.

For whatever reason, our server didn’t bring out my cake until after he had served everyone dessert and everyone was too full for even a small slice. So I took it back to my cabin. It was too large to fit into the beverage cooler, so I put it on the desk. It had a fresh strawberry on it. Make a note of this as that strawberry is the catalyst for one of Shaka’s funniest lines the entire trip.

I wanted to go see the show, but my head had been nodding towards my plate for the entire dinner. I had to take a Bonine that day so I wouldn’t get car sick during the tour, and I was exhausted. We returned to the room after dinner and Shaka had decorated our room!



And then I found a card that told me my son had sent me shipboard credits for my birthday. Woo Hoo! We unpacked and felt good enough to go to Cove Cafe for the geezer meet. Finally got my hug from Dr. Hug. We closed Cove Cafe and came back to the room. We sat on the verandah and just watched the smooth water pass us by. I had truly had the happiest birthday ever.

Last edited by Steffy; 10-17-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Steffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:15 PM   #50
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer
 
MrsMork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Montana where the sky IS big!
Posts: 16,393

Oh, Stephanie, DrHug loved hugging you. You give GREAT hugs and we both would love to have more of those. When we take our next roadtrip we will get a few!
__________________

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:40 PM   #51
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffy View Post
Hi Bernadette!

Hi Amy!

Hi Joanne!

Hi Sarah!

Hi Sarah!

Hi Jen!

Hi Corinna!

Hi luvdamouse!

Hi Tammi!

Hi Tia!

Hi Kathy!

Hi Jennifer!

Hi Andrea!

Hi Angie. I love you too.

Hi Walt and Di!

Hi Mandy!

Hi Deb!

Thanks!

Hi Debbie!

Hi Albert! Hi Ann!

Thank you all for following us on our adventure. We had so much fun.

I can share that I have been suffering from the worst bout of post Disney depression ever. I had to slap myself and remind myself that the holidays were coming. I could plan Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. And then I'll be in WDW for the marathon in January. So not too long.

But i really miss my bed being made for me. Towel animals. Great meals served. Dessert. Second helpings. Great conversation. The spa. Drink-o-day.

And just the wonderful privilege of being only a few steps away from someone with a yellow lanyard to talk to, get a drink with, share a meal with or lie beside on a deck chair just watching the ocean go by. I think the knowledge that traveling with 300 of my closest friends is just never going to happen again, is what took me over the edge. It was so much fun. A true trip of a lifetime.
Really enjoying the trip report so far. By the way, when are you getting to Orlando for the Marathon. We will only have one night (January 5th) in Orlando before heading on our Panama Canal cruise.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:39 PM   #52
west&east
DIS Veteran
 
west&east's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 937

Started reading your trip report and was wondering about the purses- then saw the pics. How do I get one of those???? Do I have to wait until August 2011 for my Magic Med cruise???? How did you find out about them to know to head straight to them??
__________________
Karen in Charlotte, NC

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
west&east is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:42 PM   #53
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
Could only make the Pep Squad
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!
 
tinker1bell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: In my wildest dreams
Posts: 6,360

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east View Post
Started reading your trip report and was wondering about the purses- then saw the pics. How do I get one of those???? Do I have to wait until August 2011 for my Magic Med cruise???? How did you find out about them to know to head straight to them??
We knew about them in January if I remember. We had gotten the original purses that came out about two years ago that you can now get at the parks and also on line.
This is the original design.


there are also a lot of other designs.
http://www.disneystore.com/women/clo...00765+1000293/

This Cruise Ship design for now is only available on the ships. Not sure if it will ever be available on line. It was a big topic for almost one chapter of our cruise thread.

I love both of my purses.

There are also some Dooney & Bourke purses that were designed just for the 55th anniversary of Disneyland and I am not sure if they are available anywhere else at this time besides Disneyland.
__________________
In loving memory of June,,09/04/06 "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone....." TERRYDevout Member of the Champagne Girls!!


tinker1bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:45 PM   #54
Steffy
I owe, I owe, It's off to work I go!!!
Knows the best way to fight the post-Disney trip depression is to plan another trip
 
Steffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Fantasyland
Posts: 4,953

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilk View Post
Hi Spa Twins,

Keep the report coming. I am enjoying the read.

Jon
Hi Jon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Apple View Post
Reading trip reports does help with Disney Withdrawal Syndrome, but unfortunately we all know there is only one cure--get back on the ship ASAP!! Unfortunately, the cure is very expensive and not covered by any medical insurance.
I was actually thinking about it!!! Then I remembered I had the marathon planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork View Post
Oh, Stephanie, DrHug loved hugging you. You give GREAT hugs and we both would love to have more of those. When we take our next roadtrip we will get a few!
I miss those hugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Really enjoying the trip report so far. By the way, when are you getting to Orlando for the Marathon. We will only have one night (January 5th) in Orlando before heading on our Panama Canal cruise.

Corinna
Not getting there until Thursday.
Steffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:40 PM   #55
Steffy
I owe, I owe, It's off to work I go!!!
Knows the best way to fight the post-Disney trip depression is to plan another trip
 
Steffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Fantasyland
Posts: 4,953

Sunday was a sea day. A very relaxing sea day. I had room service bring me a pot of coffee, some fruit and a few pastries to eat on the verandah. I woke up really early and just sat and watched the water. So calming.

We decided on Luminere’s for brunch. It was tasty. This was going to be a busy day. We had to make a lot of choices. We had a Cruise Critic meet at 2:00pm and a mojito tasting at 2:30. Plus Ducky Williams was onboard and was holding a seminar at 2:00. I wanted to go see Ducky Williams!

Terry really wanted to met Nobbi, the guy that started the Cruise Critic thread. So we went to the meet. The people that were there were all dissers that we had already met!! Nobbi had gone to the Ducky talk!!

We went to the mojito tasting.





What fun. Not only did we taste mojitos we actually made them. A regular, pineapple, watermelon and raspberry. My two favorites hands down were the pineapple and watermelon. Yum.

I delivered my fish extender gifts to the big and little kids. I finally got to the spa for a few moments.

We went to dinner at Parrot Cay. It was formal night.



This is the Captain and me.

I felt like a Princess and the photo turned out great. Dinner was very good.

After dinner I went to see Twice Charmed. I liked it a lot. I left there and went back to the room to change out of my formal and then went up to Cove Cafe. We are now the F.O.G. Fellowship of Geezers. What a great group of people. I am having the time of my life. Tomorrow is a port day. We are going to see the Rock of Gibraltar.

Last edited by Steffy; 10-17-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Steffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:00 PM   #56
tmfranlk
Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.
 
tmfranlk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: physically in St. Louis, mentally in WDW, but a Boston girl at heart...Go Sox!
Posts: 10,097

Stephanie - You look lovely!!! Great picture!

Loving all of the new updates! So fun!!
__________________
Tia , Phil , Terra (11) , Deva (3)



.............Art of Animation, I hope! -- March 14-23, 2014
tmfranlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:03 PM   #57
west&east
DIS Veteran
 
west&east's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 937

Mojitos!

Love the idea of a mojito tasting. Hadn't seen that on other ships. Is this routinely offered on Magic or was it just the transatlantic?
__________________
Karen in Charlotte, NC

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
west&east is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:19 PM   #58
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
Could only make the Pep Squad
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!
 
tinker1bell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: In my wildest dreams
Posts: 6,360

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east View Post
Love the idea of a mojito tasting. Hadn't seen that on other ships. Is this routinely offered on Magic or was it just the transatlantic?
Because there were so many in our group that had been chatting for two years, we knew there were tastings offered but we wanted to be together, so one very nice person in our group took names of those of us interested and contacted Disney Cruise Line and made the arrangements.
__________________
In loving memory of June,,09/04/06 "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone....." TERRYDevout Member of the Champagne Girls!!


tinker1bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:05 PM   #59
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict
 
TotallyAngelic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 6,671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffy View Post
We were finally on the Magic. It was so late by the time we got on that the rooms were ready. We went straight to our room and just teared up. It was so lovely. Huge double steamer trunk. Room to walk around the bed without stubbing our toes. We were in heaven.

And the verandah. Nice! We immediately hung the fish extender and slapped a couple of our magnets on the door. We’re home!


(Thanks ******!!!)
Terry had purchased a welcome tray with a bottle of Asti, petite fours and it was beautiful.



We decided just to eat a few, as we were starving. We tossed our stuff on the sofa and were on the way to Topsiders, when we ran into our wonderful room steward Shaka. It was love at first sight. After speaking with him, we knew we were in for the perfect cruise.

We dashed up to Topsiders and had lunch. Then we went straight to the spa. We did the tour and booked our alone times and also purchased our rainforest room passes. We went to the raffle drawing and didn’t win a thing. Oh well. At least we had our names in. You have to play to win!.

We dashed down for the dis party in the Promenade Lounge. There was a huge line for the lanyards that Erik and Jason had created for us. It was so good finally meeting them. And we meet Connie who had our pins and Krissann who had the glow in the dark bracelets. We were totally outfitted!! Then we stood for the group photo. I think it is somewhere on Facebook.

We had to go back to the room and hurry and get our life jackets for the drill. When we got back we tried to unpack, but soon the music from the deck party drifted down, and up to deck 10 we went! After the party we were going to unpack, but it was so close to 5:30 we knew we needed to be at the Treasure Ketch to get our purses!



And we experienced the first snag of the trip. For whatever reason, Disney was not releasing the purses until the 23rd! I even played the “It’s my birthday and I wanted it for dinner tonight” card. No purse. So we went to dinner at Animator’s Palette and met our wonderful table mates and servers.

For whatever reason, our server didn’t bring out my cake until after he had served everyone dessert and everyone was too full for even a small slice. So I took it back to my cabin. It was too large to fit into the beverage cooler, so I put it on the desk. It had a fresh strawberry on it. Make a note of this as that strawberry is the catalyst for one of Shaka’s funniest lines the entire trip.

I wanted to go see the show, but my head had been nodding towards my plate for the entire dinner. I had to take a Bonine that day so I wouldn’t get car sick during the tour, and I was exhausted. We returned to the room after dinner and Shaka had decorated our room!



And then I found a card that told me my son had sent me shipboard credits for my birthday. Woo Hoo! We unpacked and felt good enough to go to Cove Cafe for the geezer meet. Finally got my hug from Dr. Hug. We closed Cove Cafe and came back to the room. We sat on the verandah and just watched the smooth water pass us by. I had truly had the happiest birthday ever.
It was a wonderful way to spend a birthday. I had the cake too after dessert and I am ashamed to say we all but one managed a small slice as well as dessert !! Sorry you didn't get your purse ON your actual birthday but at least you still had it to look forward to!
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:17 PM   #60
UKANGEL
Champagne Girls Rule!
 
UKANGEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Reading, Berks, UK
Posts: 2,803

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffy View Post
And just the wonderful privilege of being only a few steps away from someone with a yellow lanyard to talk to, get a drink with, share a meal with or lie beside on a deck chair just watching the ocean go by. I think the knowledge that traveling with 300 of my closest friends is just never going to happen again, is what took me over the edge. It was so much fun. A true trip of a lifetime.



You put it exactly right there Steffy I can honestly say that the wonderful group of people we met made this cruise the best holiday I've ever had






__________________
Co-originator of The Champagne Girls....


WDW, DLP, and DCL cruising since 1996

UKANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.