Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2010, 03:16 PM   #16
RUDisney
Mom to Ivan & Kristina
so ruin cooking for me by introducing science into it ;)
Lost my last baby tooth at 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletgirl View Post
I enjoyed it surprisingly. The women were all, what you see is what you get.

Which housewife was talking about surrogates so she didn't have to experience pregnancy? I thought that was selfish.
Isn't it just as selfish to want a baby so much that you go through IVF? What difference does it make how someone constructs their family? Everyone makes their family the way they want to make it happen.

BTW, I adopted my kids so I wouldn't have to experience pregnancy. I guess I'm selfish, too.

In every case, including being pregnant yourself, it is a roll of the dice that everything will work out. A surrogate could change her mind and not want to give up the baby, IVF may not work and adoptions can fall through. Why would you judge someone who wants to grow their family in the way that they see as the best fit for themselves?

This is Igor.
RUDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:35 PM   #17
Anjelica
Self-Declared Queen of WebSphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUDisney View Post
Isn't it just as selfish to want a baby so much that you go through IVF? What difference does it make how someone constructs their family? Everyone makes their family the way they want to make it happen.

BTW, I adopted my kids so I wouldn't have to experience pregnancy. I guess I'm selfish, too.

In every case, including being pregnant yourself, it is a roll of the dice that everything will work out. A surrogate could change her mind and not want to give up the baby, IVF may not work and adoptions can fall through. Why would you judge someone who wants to grow their family in the way that they see as the best fit for themselves?
I think the way they portrayed it wasn't the whole truth. They made it seem like she did it for vanity reasons and not due to health, etc. I think that may be the confusion some folks are having with what she stated and even Taylor's remarks afterwards - at no point did they state it was due to health reasons.
Anjelica is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2010, 03:55 PM   #18
mhsjax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUDisney View Post

I think they made it sound like she didn't want to carry the baby for vanity reasons and yes that is selfish. IVF, I don't think is selfish, you are still carrying the baby and maybe that is the only way you can have one. As for you, and adopting, I don't care for what reason you do it, adopting is never selfish. But having someone else carry the baby to term because you don't want to damage your figure, then yep that is maybe not selfish, but way beyond any definition of vain.

PS And with the editing of these shows, I bet that is wasn't for vanity. She probably had some type of health reason for it.
mhsjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:30 PM   #19
SunnyP4Disney
Mouseketeer

The money these women have put the OC and Jersey Housewives to shame. These chicks have bank and their homes are to die for!
Self appointed resort guru! Since I was a wee thing I've stayed at Contemporary Resort (including Presidential suite), Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge (opening weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Coronado, POR (honeymoon), POFQ, Carribbean Beach, Pop, AOA Cars Suites (Cast Preview), ASR, Fort Wilderness Cabins, Disney Inn (now Shades of Green), Grand Floridian, Treehouse Villas, Fairway Villas (RIP) and Boardwalk, Disneyland Hotel, Davy Crockett Ranch (Paris), Hotel Santa Fe (Paris), & Sequoia Lodge (Paris)! Now, I make the magic for others!
SunnyP4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:40 PM   #20
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

I recently started watching the RH shows. I started off with NJ, DC and now I'm getting into Atlanta. But last night, I couldnt get through the first 15 minutes of BH. Those chicks are TOO fake! When Camille Grammer said she had 4 nannies, for 2 kids, I was done. Does she even have a career? I get it, she's a dancer, but seriously, 4 nannies? For 2 kids? I can't do it, I immediately deleted it from my DVR, can't do it!

Aug. 2003 Off Property; Nov. 14-20, 2008-Port Orleans Riverside; Sept. 2012 Free Dining @ Art of Animation
HonnyDipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:02 PM   #21
CarmenPeteron
Mouseketeer

Boring housewives of Beverly Hills

I was really looking forward to the premier episode but I found the ladies very shallow and boring. I find the other housewives from other cities more interesting. TV does not portray them in the most flattering way so it is amazing that these women participate. Most of the women on the Beverly Hills show seem to be very insecure.
CarmenPeteron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:25 PM   #22
jennyopenny
Mouseketeer

Camille has some sort of IBS type disease. Not sure why they did not put that in the show. It did surprise me how annoying she came across!
jennyopenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:46 PM   #23
scjo68
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=mhsjax;38602936
PS And with the editing of these shows, I bet that is wasn't for vanity. She probably had some type of health reason for it.[/QUOTE]

I think you are exactly right.

Years ago on a talk show,Kelsey discussed when their kids were born that they used a surrogate due to Camille's health. Clearly this was edited to make it look like she did this for vanity. It may be that she would rather not get into her health issues on the show. Her IBS has been discussed before, so it's not a secret.

I think they may be trying to set up some drama, ie., Camille getting judged as vain due to surrogacy, then the other wife (Taylor?) later finding out it was due to medical issues, so she's being judged too harshly.
scjo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:10 PM   #24
klj27
DIS Veteran

I will watch this one but I can't get past all the plastic surgery. I kept looking at their faces and being quite afraid.

"It's all good!"

'95 - Day Trip from Tampa : '97 - Villas at the Disney Institute : '98 - Boardwalk Villa : '00 - Downtown Disney : '02 - Downtown Disney : '03 - Downtown Disney : '05 - Port Orleans Riverside & Coronado Springs : '06 - Port Orleans Riverside, Wilderness Lodge & Vero Beach: '07 - Port Orleans Riverside : '08 - Port Orleans Riverside '10 Comort Inn LBV "11 Band Trip at the Rosen Plaza: '13 - Windsor Hills
klj27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:04 AM   #25
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

So I gave it a try and......snoooooze!! Not very exciting to me. And as another PP said, they have so much junk done to their faces it's distracting. It's all examples of plastic surgery gone horribly wrong. Yuck.

I did think the one gal (Taylor?) was kind of sad, the way she kept talking about having to keep looking like a 20 year old so her husband wouldn't leave.
DWGal210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:43 AM   #26
scjo68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
And as another PP said, they have so much junk done to their faces it's distracting. It's all examples of plastic surgery gone horribly wrong. Yuck.

I did think the one gal (Taylor?) was kind of sad, the way she kept talking about having to keep looking like a 20 year old so her husband wouldn't leave.
I was thinking the same thing about the plastic surgery. All of them have clearly had botox, though the same can be said about all the housewives on every season. Ever since OC, I always find it distracting how their faces don't really move.

THat said, some of the wives look much better than others. I thought Lisa and Kim both look their age, but very pretty. Kim does look like she has had too much sun. Kyle looks naturally pretty and still young. The others were just scary. I said to my DH, whose face looks like that? I remember when Adrienne's husband was on DR 90210. The first time I saw her I thought she was a very bad ad for her husband's work. I don't know if he did her work or not, but if I was in his office and saw her picture on his desk, I would run the other way.
scjo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:02 PM   #27
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!

I really enjoyed it. One of my new favorites. I think it's better than DC and Atlanta.
beattyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:18 PM   #28
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyP4Disney View Post
The money these women have put the OC and Jersey Housewives to shame. These chicks have bank and their homes are to die for!
I finally watched the first episode and I so agree with this. They are in a league of their own!

minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:28 PM   #29
goofinoff
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
I feel like we are in the middle of A Very Brady Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
So I gave it a try and......snoooooze!! Not very exciting to me. And as another PP said, they have so much junk done to their faces it's distracting. It's all examples of plastic surgery gone horribly wrong. Yuck.

I know!!!! That Taylor girl needs to STOP having procedures! She looks deformed!! When she was getting the injections done, her upper lip was so funny looking. It's way bigger than her bottom lip. I will never understand why they think they look better. I think it's hideous! She obviously has very low self esteem. Maybe she should find a guy who loves her for her. It seems like she's preparing herself for divorce.

I didn't enjoy this group. As much as everyone has said they didn't like DC, I did. I don't think I will bother with this one.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:46 PM   #30
mhsjax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofinoff View Post
I know!!!! That Taylor girl needs to STOP having procedures! She looks deformed!! When she was getting the injections done, her upper lip was so funny looking. It's way bigger than her bottom lip. I will never understand why they think they look better. I think it's hideous! She obviously has very low self esteem. Maybe she should find a guy who loves her for her. It seems like she's preparing herself for divorce.

I didn't enjoy this group. As much as everyone has said they didn't like DC, I did. I don't think I will bother with this one.
I am with you, I loved DC. They seemed more real, some of the others have way too much drama. At least we know that the big DC drama wasn't made up, we saw it happen before the housewives ever aired.
mhsjax is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: