Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2010, 08:55 PM   #31
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
Could only make the Pep Squad
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork View Post
I LOVE that the two of you are telling this story together. Actually, I LOVE the two of you!!
Thank you Angie. You are too kind. Did you notice we posted at the same time? I swear we did not talk except when I told her this afternoon to please put her input on the TR.

tinker1bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:05 PM   #32
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

The kind of friendship you share is precious and rare. Enjoy!

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2010, 09:39 PM   #33
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!

Driving to the port was exciting and with every twist and turn, we could see the magic and then we couldn’t. Finally coming down the home stretch, there she was all in her glory. She was just beautiful.

Check in went relatively smooth and then we went to get our pictures taken. Mickey liked my Pal Mickey but he really liked Stephanie’s Sailor Mickey. Then we started up the gangplank. Excitement was growing. Then we heard it…

Please Welcome Stephanie and Terry…The Spa Twins from Pa!!!

We went straight to our cabin and dropped off our carry on bags and met our room steward Shaka. He is a sweetheart, and took real good care of us. Then it was up to Topsiders to grab some lunch. Right after that, we went to the DIS meet and got our lanyards and said hello. Time for a group picture and then off to the Safety Drill. Right after that was the Sail Away Party. It was weird having it then when we were not sailing until about 9:30pm but it was great. My ring tone when Stephanie calls me is the Disney Cruise Ship Horn and I love it but it was time to hear it again. I cry every time and I know Stephanie has a video of it.

Last edited by tinker1bell; 10-15-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:42 PM   #34
tigger2on
I can't believe I read this WHOLE thing!
Mom to the Incredible Smiley Ryleigh

Excited to follow your adventure!
WDW trips with my kids: May 2001, December 2002, November 2003, May 2004, September 2004, October 2005, September 2006, May 2007, May 2008, February 2009, Sept/Oct 2009, February 2010, May 2011, October 2011, May 2012

DCL trips: Wonder 2001, 2004, 2010 Dream - 3x 2011Wonder 5-night 2013
tigger2on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:35 PM   #35
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!

We wandered around and got a few pictures and then went back to our cabin to unpack. I had ordered champagne and a little tray of goodies and we ate some of the candy and strawberries. With our packing almost finished it was time for dinner. Our tablemates were great. We sat with Jon and Candida,,,,Pilk and Photographer Goofy and Melanie and Gary,,,,Tweety0227. Our server was Sudama and assistant server was Marista.

As we were eating, Stephanie kept trying to do the face plant again. I kept nudging her so she could stay awake. We wanted to go to The Treasure Ketch since it was going to be open and we wanted our purses. After dinner, more walking around and getting pictures. Finally, we waited in line and the store opened fifteen minutes early. We all rushed in and could see that there were no purses out except for the ones at the counter under glass. We asked why and were told that the purses would be available for sale on our first sea day. That didn’t make sense and kept asking why. So at that point, we asked Dawn to put our names on a wait list. Stephanie even tried the “It’s my birthday and can’t I buy it now and you put it in my cabin that day??” and was told no. Some were told there was not a wait list. We were all confused because they were not on the same page with their excuses and we all were very frustrated. Afterward, I went over to Guest Relations and talked to Nombusa. She was a sweetheart but really could only take our complaint. I felt better because I told her that if they didn’t have enough in stock, just tell us the truth or whatever reason they had. Don’t come up with some flimsy excuse that did not make any sense. It seems that the final excuse was that some people were buying the purses and then selling them at the ports. Now whether that is the real reason, we will never know, but we kept making sure certain folks were made aware of our displeasure. By then, it was getting late and we were both very tired so we headed up to the cabin. Did more unpacking and got ready for bed. It seems that while we were at dinner our room steward Shaka put up some Happy Birthday decorations. He was so sweet to do that!!!

Old 10-16-2010, 09:36 AM   #36
MrsHeg
DIS Veteran

Loving the "tag team" report!
Old 10-16-2010, 02:08 PM   #37
Frodo UK
Mouseketeer & Old Geezer

Just loving your twin handed diaries. So much fun.
We are still trying to photoshop through far too many photos.

Frodo UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:19 PM   #38
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!

Thanks everyone for your kind words and encouragement.

Hubby had a small hernia operation yesterday and I was having major issues with my Vertigo. We looked kinda comical walking down the hallway out. Today hubby is feeling a little better and I am not feeling dizzy.

I will be back tomorrow with another installment. I am still having major issues with my Kodak Easy Share. It will not recognize them when I try to get them on Photo Bucket. Gonna make a call this evening when we get home from DD's house.

I know Stephanie is getting ready for another post as well.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:54 PM   #39
Steffy
I owe, I owe, It's off to work I go!!!
Knows the best way to fight the post-Disney trip depression is to plan another trip

After the almost monsoon conditions of the night before, Saturday began with a much welcome sight. Here comes the sun!

I was extremely thankful for that because, it's my birthday!! We went to the corner shop and got pastries and "American" coffee. We brought it back to the hotel and ate in the atrium.

We saw so many dissers there. Most were waiting for the bus that Stephen had hired to pick them and the dissers at Praktik Barcelona and get to the port.

We however, had a four hour tour planned. I was really excited.

The first place we stopped was this beautiful cathedral. At first we weren’t going to go in, but something drew us in. It was simply splendid. Took my breath away. I was really happy that I has some euros in coin, because I was able to light a few candles.

My camera couldn’t begin to capture the stunning beauty of the place, so I bought a book. What a great way to start my birthday.

We drove around and hit the hot spots of Barcelona. I could definitely spend a couple of days there. Four hours was not enough.

But did I tell you it was my birthday? As much as I was enjoying the tour, (and I had to have the gelato in Spain on my birthday!) I wanted to get to the ship. So very soon, the tour was over and we were on our way to board the Magic!

As we got the luggage out of the van, I could smell Sangria. Here is a picture of the cute bottle of Sangria we purchased from the department store on our way home from the Hard Rock Cafe.

Well my bottle had opened and it spilled all over my already soaked clothes. Phooey! I checked the bag and poured the rest of the Sangria down the drain. I smelled like a drunk. Terrific! Mickey would think I’m a lush. And I refused to throw away the bottle, so I had an empty Sangria bottle in my carry-on. Swell.

We got adorable embarkment pictures with Mickey, Pal Mickey and Sailor Mickey. My photos look horrible. I was so tired because I had to take Bonine to keep from getting carsick. I was also still exhausted from the jet lag. My eye’s bags had bags.

However, all that changed when we heard the words:

Please Welcome Stephanie and Terry…The Spa Twins from Pa!!

I can’t begin to tell you how wonderful it was to hear those words. Two long years in the planning, came down to 10 powerful words. We were actually on the Magic and we were going to bring her home.
Steffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:18 PM   #40
Steffy
I owe, I owe, It's off to work I go!!!
Knows the best way to fight the post-Disney trip depression is to plan another trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
Can't wait to hear about your trip!
Hi Bernadette!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisneyGirl02 View Post
I'm in! Can't wait to read more!
Hi Amy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoosGram View Post
I'm onboard! How's Chucky? We've got a few photos of the two of you.
Hi Joanne!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
Wooooooo Hooooooo !!!!

Signing on for your trip report
Hi Sarah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
Im here too! Can't wait to read more! I still remember the facebook posts about the missing items! Scary!
Hi Sarah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueeyes101817 View Post
cant wait to read more!
Hi Jen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I am looking forward to reading more.

Corinna
Hi Corinna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdamouse91 View Post
What a great time both of you were having! Can't wait to read about it.
Hi luvdamouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammi67 View Post
I'm in, Terry! Can't wait to read about it ALL!
Hi Tammi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfranlk View Post
Can't wait to hear all about it, Terry!!!
Hi Tia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom x4,grandma x4 View Post
Terry,
can't wait to read all of your report.
Since we had to cancel this cruise I will get to live it through your report

Keep it coming!!

Kathy
Hi Kathy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear74 View Post
love it so far. Can't wait to hear all about it.
Hi Jennifer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Apple View Post
Yeah! Another TR to help keep the Magic alive!!
Hi Andrea!

Quote:
I'm subscribing and can't wait to relive this trip with you!!
Hi Angie. I love you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt & Di View Post
Love it so far. Always like reading trip reports.
Hi Walt and Di!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKANGEL View Post
....lol and we were diverted to Madrid for 3 hours on the tarmac before arriving at Barcelona at 3 am eventually!!!

Love reading your TR Terry

Hi Mandy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3princes View Post
I'm loving the trip report Can't wait to read more. It is kind of ironic that I read about your rainy adventures while we're in the midst of a Nor Easter here I'm sure I've seen a few cats and dogs hitting the deck
Hi Deb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger2on View Post
Excited to follow your adventure!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHeg View Post
Loving the "tag team" report!
Hi Debbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo UK View Post
Just loving your twin handed diaries. So much fun.
We are still trying to photoshop through far too many photos.
Hi Albert! Hi Ann!

Thank you all for following us on our adventure. We had so much fun.

I can share that I have been suffering from the worst bout of post Disney depression ever. I had to slap myself and remind myself that the holidays were coming. I could plan Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. And then I'll be in WDW for the marathon in January. So not too long.

But i really miss my bed being made for me. Towel animals. Great meals served. Dessert. Second helpings. Great conversation. The spa. Drink-o-day.

And just the wonderful privilege of being only a few steps away from someone with a yellow lanyard to talk to, get a drink with, share a meal with or lie beside on a deck chair just watching the ocean go by. I think the knowledge that traveling with 300 of my closest friends is just never going to happen again, is what took me over the edge. It was so much fun. A true trip of a lifetime.
Steffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:29 PM   #41
birkner
DIS Veteran

Loving the trip report so far with all the great pictures. Looking forward to reading more!

Just a quick note that might have saved you some soaked clothes. We use wine diapers to put everything that might spill. One bottle actually broke on our trip and we were saved by the wine diaper.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:12 AM   #42
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by birkner View Post
Loving the trip report so far with all the great pictures. Looking forward to reading more!

Just a quick note that might have saved you some soaked clothes. We use wine diapers to put everything that might spill. One bottle actually broke on our trip and we were saved by the wine diaper.
So NOW she tells you about this!!

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:23 AM   #43
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So NOW she tells you about this!!
Well, I did post the link on the thread ages ago....
Old 10-17-2010, 04:42 AM   #44
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffy View Post
Thank you all for following us on our adventure. We had so much fun.

I can share that I have been suffering from the worst bout of post Disney depression ever. I had to slap myself and remind myself that the holidays were coming. I could plan Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. And then I'll be in WDW for the marathon in January. So not too long.

But i really miss my bed being made for me. Towel animals. Great meals served. Dessert. Second helpings. Great conversation. The spa. Drink-o-day.

And just the wonderful privilege of being only a few steps away from someone with a yellow lanyard to talk to, get a drink with, share a meal with or lie beside on a deck chair just watching the ocean go by. I think the knowledge that traveling with 300 of my closest friends is just never going to happen again, is what took me over the edge. It was so much fun. A true trip of a lifetime.
I am absolutely loving your report Terry and Steffy ... it is like reliving so many happy memories. I am also suffering badly with Post Holiday Blues, plus a bout of Disney Withdrawal Syndrome , so I am not a happy bunny at present. Reading trip reports is keeping me sane
I really must start mine as a form of therapy I think
Looking forward to your next installments
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:53 AM   #45
pilk
DIS Veteran

Hi Spa Twins,

Keep the report coming. I am enjoying the read.

Jon
WDW October2002 All Star Music, November 2005 All Star Movies, April 2008 SSR & AKL, October 2010 Caribbean Beach Resort, January 2012 AKL for Donald and Chip & Dale, March 2012 All Star Sport, October 2012 All Star, January 2013 WDW Marathon Weekend "Goofy" Pop Century

DCL May 2008 Western, Sept 2010 WBTA, May 2011 Alaska, March 2012 Fantasy, April 2012 Hawaii

DLMay 2012
pilk is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: