Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2010, 08:16 AM   #31
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Party for the Senses-Part 2

Time for more of the PFTS!

Here's a room shot:

One of the wineries:

Ok, now back to the food! Here we have Seared Diver Scallop with Heart of Palm, Green Mango Relish with Grapefruit Sctoch Bonnet Mojo by Dominique Macquet from Dominique's on Magazine in New Orelans.

This had one of the longest lines of the evening...and it was so worth it! Look at the size of the scallop! They were cooking it all to order, so it was incredibly fresh & tasty!

Next we had Spicy Quince-Glazed Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Chilean Salsa Verde and Creole-Style Quinoa Salad by Ruth Van Waerebeek from Concha y Toro Winery in Chile.

This was one of Geoff's favorites, I found it to be a little spicy.

Now we have some cheese:

This is Braised Veal Short Ribs topped with a Pear and Cherry Chutney with Parsnip and Yukon Gold Potato Mash by Javier Pareja from Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resort Catering

...so funny story on this one: the bone was still on. So I couldn't cut through it for a bite. I didn't realize it was because there was a bone. So I didn't really try it because I got frustrated

Also because this was on the table too: King Crab Raviloi Infused with Truffles by Pascal Oudin from Pascal on Ponce in Miami

My hands down favorite. I even had two! (I had to make up for the Veal, right??) This one also had a large line, but totally worth it!

Next, Braised Beef Cheeks with Cabernet Dijon Mustard Reduction by John Sarich Culinary Director of Chateau Ste. Michelle in the Pacific Northwest, Washington

I have an aversion to fatty meats, more so than most people. So I wasn't crazy about this.

Next up, Fragrantly Spiced Local Day Boat Ahi Tuna Fregola Sarda with Mediterranean Accentuations by Anthony Scott & Richard Smich from Flying Fish Cafe at Disney's Boardwalk Resort

This was ok. By this time I was getting pretty full. I might have liked it better if I had it earlier in the evening.

Next up, Pecan Shortbread with Roasted Fig Goat Cheese-Micro Arugula and Crispy Pancetta, Sondra Bernstein & John Toulze from the girl &the fig in Sonoma, CA

We ate at the girl & the fig when we were out in Sonoma last year. My Mom loves them (I don't really know why) so I was happy to see they had something at the Party. I thought this was delicious, very light which was needed! Ironically, my Mom didn't like it!

This is Pan Seared Palmetto Squab Breast-Shrimp Okra Pilaf with Plum Glaze by Frank Lee from Maverick Southern Kitchen in Charleston SC

I disliked this. Not my favorite by a long shot. So, lesson learned: I don't like Squab

This is Halibut en Escabeche by Juan Carlos Rodriguez from The Ford Plantation Club in Richmond Hill GA

Now, most things were being made to order, so they were fresh and hot. The Halibut had gotten a reputation at the party as something to skip, so they had a lot coming out from the kitchen (it wasn't being prepared there.) Which made for a pretty picture, but the Halibut was ok. I don't think it was as bad as others, but it wasn't great.

Finally for the dinner portion, we have Citrus BBQ Pork Ribs Slow Roasted-Fall off the Bone Ribs with out own Tart & Tangy BBQ Sauce by Jose L Camey from Paradise 37 at Downtown Disney

This surprised me. I thought I was done with savory items, but Geoff brought this over and it was absolutely delicious!

...next up will be Part 3 which is all desserts!!
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:08 AM   #32
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Okay, you can just give me several plates of the King Crab Ravioli and several plates of the Scallop and I will be set to go. My stomach is now grumbling and telling me to feed it and that would be the perfect meal--no matter the time of day.

Keep them coming...you are doing great.
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2010, 03:57 PM   #33
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

OK, this seals it up! I want to do this for next year! Except we'll do the wine garden since we can't work without a guarateed seat. Everything looks so good!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:59 PM   #34
norybell
DIS Veteran

How did it take me four whole days to find this???

PFTS looks mouthwatering...so much food!
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

norybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #35
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Okay, you can just give me several plates of the King Crab Ravioli and several plates of the Scallop and I will be set to go. My stomach is now grumbling and telling me to feed it and that would be the perfect meal--no matter the time of day.

Keep them coming...you are doing great.
Oh those two items were so delicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
OK, this seals it up! I want to do this for next year! Except we'll do the wine garden since we can't work without a guarateed seat. Everything looks so good!
I think that's the biggest perk of the Wine View Lounge, the guaranteed seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
How did it take me four whole days to find this???

PFTS looks mouthwatering...so much food!
You weren't planning your trip, were you

I might as well finish up and do the desserts!
Old 10-14-2010, 04:13 PM   #36
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

And here I thought that PFTS was the sound made when you sit on a Disney bus seat and it has a bunch of air trapped under the cushion.

Great pictures and reporting Kelly!
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:23 PM   #37
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Party for the Senses-Part 3

Time for dessert!

This was the chocolate sculpture over at the Grand Floridian's table

And their dessert, Tropical Fruit Pave by Kristen Farmer from Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

This was so light and fruity, it was wonderful!

Next I stood in a looooooong line to get some chocolates! Hosted by Norman Love Confections in Ft Meyers, FL

It was so worth it. The orange one was a Passion Fruit flavor. It was to die for. Seriously.

Next up I had Warm Chocolate Almond Cake with Black Currant Sorbet by Lothar Neumaier, Executive Pastry Chef at Epcot

It was good, but I wasn't WOW'd by it.

Then I waited in another long line for Keegan Gerhard's dessert. I didn't particularly care to meet him, but I wanted to know if his food warranted his fame. Baby Charmel-Chocolate Carmel Tart-Sauteed Baby Bananas-Rum Cream-Caramel Ice Cream by Keegan Gerhard from Food Network Challenge and d Bar Desserts in Denver, CO

And??? It was pretty good. He was a very nice guy. The cream on top of the chocolate was so boozy that I pushed it to the side!

Finally, I had Vanilla Roasted Pineapple Lime Yogurt sorbet-Macadamia Crumble-Vanilla Bean Custard by Lisa Bailey from d Bar Desserts in Denver, CO and Creamy Strawberry Verrine with Strawberry Vodka by Lothar Neumaier, Executive Pastry Chef at Epcot

Both of these were our favorite desserts. Not too heavy and they had a lot of great flavor!

And then...we were done And headed outside for Illuminations to top off the evening. Geoff decided to grab some last minute champagne and he had to transfer it to a plastic cup when we left.

Overall: 10/10. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Side note: I did a review for the Disney Food Blog on Party for the Senses. It has more "detail" in it rather than all the pictures. I'll post a link when she has it up on the site!

Old 10-14-2010, 04:26 PM   #38
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
And here I thought that PFTS was the sound made when you sit on a Disney bus seat and it has a bunch of air trapped under the cushion.

Great pictures and reporting Kelly!
Well, that too...
Old 10-14-2010, 06:45 PM   #39
beansf
Mouseketeer

I am loving your photos and descriptions. Can't wait to read more!
beansf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:01 PM   #40
LisaD.
Earning My Ears

What is the Party for the Senses? I am assuming that you need tickets for this.

Thanks,

Lisa
LisaD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:23 PM   #41
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

So I know you said that you didn't EAT everything (some because they sat too long on the table etc...), but was that report pics of everything that they had to offer at the party? I'm trying to figure out if it is bigger than the CA version Taste. It looks to me like there was about the same amount of plates except, in CA one chef handles ALL of the desserts and he goes overboard.

There was a GREAT balance of meat & seafood in there, not a lot of veggies, but it all looked really good! I'm definitely in for next year!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:49 PM   #42
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Oh, it all looked so good. I am going to have to keep this in mind for next year's trip.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:27 PM   #43
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansf View Post
I am loving your photos and descriptions. Can't wait to read more!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaD. View Post
What is the Party for the Senses? I am assuming that you need tickets for this.

Thanks,

Lisa
It's a special event held every Saturday during Party for the Senses, we went to the very first one for this year. They had 25 different culinary stations and 23 beverage stations (wine, beer, 1 liquor, tea, & coffee.) It's from 6:30-9PM and the tickets are $135/per person with the option of adding the Wine View Lounge for $90/per person.

It's basically all you can eat and drink. You have reserved seating to the Eat to the Beat Concert. And there's live entertainment from a band and periodically there's Cirque performers as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
So I know you said that you didn't EAT everything (some because they sat too long on the table etc...), but was that report pics of everything that they had to offer at the party? I'm trying to figure out if it is bigger than the CA version Taste. It looks to me like there was about the same amount of plates except, in CA one chef handles ALL of the desserts and he goes overboard.

There was a GREAT balance of meat & seafood in there, not a lot of veggies, but it all looked really good! I'm definitely in for next year!
Well, the only thing I didn't take a picture of was the veggie offering from the ESPN Zone. Everything else I at least took a bite and shared it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Oh, it all looked so good. I am going to have to keep this in mind for next year's trip.
It was so much fun! I would definitely recommend it!
Old 10-14-2010, 09:22 PM   #44
Steve on LI
Earning My Ears

What an excellent review, now I can't wait until I do PFTS on 10/23.

Thanks!!!
9/89 = Carribean Beach
5/96 = Port Orleans (French Quarters)
5/97 = Port Orleans (French Quarters)
5/98 = Wilderness Lodge
5/99 = BWV (DVC)
5/00 = BWV
5/01 = BWV
7/02 = VB, BWV
7/04 = BWV, VB, SS
8/05 = BWV
5/06 = BWV
8/06 = BWV, VB
10/06 = BWV
8/07 = BWV, VB
Steve on LI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #45
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve on LI View Post
What an excellent review, now I can't wait until I do PFTS on 10/23.

Thanks!!!
You'll love it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: