Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 03:08 PM   #31
MousePrincess
Earning My Ears
 
MousePrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MD
Posts: 70

Scratch that thought about the size of the Villa. I found some more pics and it will be fine. They might be in close quarters the 1st 24hrs in the indoor suite but they will be ok.
__________________
~K~ *J* DD(7) DS(5) DS(2)

POR 2008~CBR 2009~AKL 6/2010~CSR 12/2010~Disneyland 2011
WL/POLY 1/2012~AKL 11/2012~AKL 2013~YCR 2014
MousePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:18 PM   #32
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!
 
BamaTigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southeast Alabama
Posts: 2,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by MousePrincess View Post
Thank you for all the great info. I just made my reservations for our trip in Nov/Dec. We couldn't get a VIP the entire time but they will be in one for half of it anyway. We have a 27lb min pin/terrier mix and 35/40lb Shiba Inu and I feel they need the extra room. They have to share an indoor suite the first night they are there and a Villa the last 4 nights. The staff member I spoke with stated they would be fine in these together. I am still worrying from the pictures though. I would have made ressies earlier but we weren't originally going to have to board them. Our Min Pin is very fearful and I am also worried about him and other dogs but I will tell the staff members when we check in about it. It's good to know they can do other things with him instead if it's a problem. I will be sure to share our experience here!
Hello MousePrincess! You will LOVE the VIP suites. Im glad they will be in those the last four nights. If your min pin is fearful, tell the staff not to the playgroup, maybe substitute it for an extra cuddle time or extra walks. And also, be careful in the outdoor yard, its leashless, so watch out for the other big dogs! Some pet parents arent as careful as we want them to be!

If you have facebook, go to the facebook page. Its got ton of pics!
__________________

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-08-2010, 07:19 PM   #33
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!
 
BamaTigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southeast Alabama
Posts: 2,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by MousePrincess View Post
Scratch that thought about the size of the Villa. I found some more pics and it will be fine. They might be in close quarters the 1st 24hrs in the indoor suite but they will be ok.
LOL! The VILLAS are just a bit smaller than the VIP, but still nice and roomy!
__________________

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:09 AM   #34
LollipopPanda
Mouseketeer
 
LollipopPanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 175

Thanks for starting this thread. We are bring our shih tzu, and I like that I can come visit her. Right now, she is booked for the indoor room, but I am thinking about upgrading to the VIP. She doesn't really care for other animals though. Can I ask them to substitute some one-on-one time instead of playgroup time???

How much of a discount do AP holders get?
__________________
Susan

(9), (5)
LollipopPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:00 AM   #35
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!
 
BamaTigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southeast Alabama
Posts: 2,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by LollipopPanda View Post
Thanks for starting this thread. We are bring our shih tzu, and I like that I can come visit her. Right now, she is booked for the indoor room, but I am thinking about upgrading to the VIP. She doesn't really care for other animals though. Can I ask them to substitute some one-on-one time instead of playgroup time???

How much of a discount do AP holders get?
Yes you can ask to sub the playgroup for cuddle time or a walk. Thats what we did.

We got the VIP suites for 59.00 a nite. That was an AP and resort stay discount!
__________________

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #36
LollipopPanda
Mouseketeer
 
LollipopPanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 175

Thank you! do you think the VIP is worth $59 for just one dog? Part of me wants to let her stay there just because it has a TV and they could turn it up to drown out some of the other noise. She doesn't like other animals bothering her. She just wants to lay around and sleep. =)

What did you think about the Villas?
__________________
Susan

(9), (5)
LollipopPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:05 PM   #37
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!
 
BamaTigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southeast Alabama
Posts: 2,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by LollipopPanda View Post
Thank you! do you think the VIP is worth $59 for just one dog? Part of me wants to let her stay there just because it has a TV and they could turn it up to drown out some of the other noise. She doesn't like other animals bothering her. She just wants to lay around and sleep. =)

What did you think about the Villas?
I think so...the reason I prefer the suites over the villas, is the personal pet concierge. That alone is worth the extra money to me. They get more time with a person and more attention.

The villas looked real nice, they have the TV as well, and its not as big as the suite. I didnt like it alot cause its in a row of other villas, and there is alot of activity with the staff taking the other dogs out, the back and forth, etc.

If you have the extra to spend, i would shoot for the suite! And yes, its just fine for one doggie!
__________________

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #38
LollipopPanda
Mouseketeer
 
LollipopPanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 175

Thanks. I am going to call tomorrow and see what price they can give me for the VIP suite. If it is $59 with our AP, then we will definitely do it. I think she would be much happier.
__________________
Susan

(9), (5)
LollipopPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:06 PM   #39
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!
 
BamaTigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southeast Alabama
Posts: 2,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by LollipopPanda View Post
Thanks. I am going to call tomorrow and see what price they can give me for the VIP suite. If it is $59 with our AP, then we will definitely do it. I think she would be much happier.
You are so welcome! Please post if its a different price and let us all know!

And if you have facebook, please PM me cause they have a good page!
__________________

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:57 AM   #40
cherylp3
Florida Resident
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Davenport, FL (Orlando Area)
Posts: 4,738

does the Orlando best friends have a seperate fb page
__________________
Dreams DO come true!!
Booked on 2008 Member cruise!!

DVC Member Cruise 2003 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007
cherylp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:07 AM   #41
LollipopPanda
Mouseketeer
 
LollipopPanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 175

The VIP rooms and villas are booked.

I asked for the AP rates for future reference. She said the VIP room is $67, and a Villa is $51.
Maybe they gave you a better rate with three animals???

Oh well. Molly will have to be happy with her 4' X 8' area. I will be checking on her daily anyway.
__________________
Susan

(9), (5)
LollipopPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:11 AM   #42
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!
 
BamaTigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southeast Alabama
Posts: 2,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylp3 View Post
does the Orlando best friends have a seperate fb page
Yep, its

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lak...39930586023383

Best Friends Pet Care at Walt Disney World Resort..SEARCH THAT NAME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LollipopPanda View Post
The VIP rooms and villas are booked.

I asked for the AP rates for future reference. She said the VIP room is $67, and a Villa is $51.
Maybe they gave you a better rate with three animals???

Well, ours was 59.00 a nite and my other 2 were half off each. So, I dont know why they told you 67.00. Are you staying on site as well?


Oh well. Molly will have to be happy with her 4' X 8' area. I will be checking on her daily anyway.
__________________

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:27 AM   #43
MousePrincess
Earning My Ears
 
MousePrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MD
Posts: 70

Sorry you could not get a Villa or VIP Those are the same prices I was given for AP VIP-$67 and Villa $51. I also told them we were staying on-resort but they said they take the better of the 2 which was AP.

Sorry my post was a bit confusing. Our babies will be in an indoor their first night, VIP for a week, then Villa the last 4 nights. They do have a waiting list though which may be worth a shot esp since they don't require deposits or anything, maybe they will have cancellations or no-shows.

I added the FB page, thanks! I hope to talk to someone who will likely be their concierge or who can relay some info to them for us. Although Rocky has anxiety, he does like playgroups once he warms up, I just need to explain that he needs that time to adjust and see if they can accomodate. Our other dog gets anxiety and has gotten sick from it before so I would like to let them know that too. But from what I have read here I am confident they will let us know right away if there are any issues.
__________________
~K~ *J* DD(7) DS(5) DS(2)

POR 2008~CBR 2009~AKL 6/2010~CSR 12/2010~Disneyland 2011
WL/POLY 1/2012~AKL 11/2012~AKL 2013~YCR 2014
MousePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:59 AM   #44
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!
 
BamaTigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Southeast Alabama
Posts: 2,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by MousePrincess View Post
Sorry you could not get a Villa or VIP Those are the same prices I was given for AP VIP-$67 and Villa $51. I also told them we were staying on-resort but they said they take the better of the 2 which was AP.

Sorry my post was a bit confusing. Our babies will be in an indoor their first night, VIP for a week, then Villa the last 4 nights. They do have a waiting list though which may be worth a shot esp since they don't require deposits or anything, maybe they will have cancellations or no-shows.

I added the FB page, thanks! I hope to talk to someone who will likely be their concierge or who can relay some info to them for us. Although Rocky has anxiety, he does like playgroups once he warms up, I just need to explain that he needs that time to adjust and see if they can accomodate. Our other dog gets anxiety and has gotten sick from it before so I would like to let them know that too. But from what I have read here I am confident they will let us know right away if there are any issues.
Request to have STEPHANIE GARCIA. She is awesome and took really good care of my boys! She went above and beyond to take care of them! All of the staff is really good too. Ask for Leonora and shoot, the short haired blonde gal...cant think of her name....LOL
__________________

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:29 AM   #45
cherylp3
Florida Resident
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Davenport, FL (Orlando Area)
Posts: 4,738

Just an FYI - no playgroups on weekends
__________________
Dreams DO come true!!
Booked on 2008 Member cruise!!

DVC Member Cruise 2003 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007
cherylp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: