Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2010, 01:46 PM   #151
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyelf10 View Post
Jen- love this picture of Victoria!! Sooo cute!!!
Thanks! Mom was DETERMINED to get a picture of Victoria in her sailor dress with Minnie in hers. We about had to yank the hat off of Minnine to get one, but we did!!

Quote:
The cruise was great, I think it went by too fast this time. Wish I had more time to see everyone on the ship. dinner was nice and enjoyed catchiing up with my tablemates!!
Me too! I didnt get a chance to converse with you guys at the end of the table. But then again, Hawky talked enough for the whole table anyway! The way she embarrassed those poor boys. And to think she could steal my cutie boyfriend!

Quote:
Did anyone book another cruise while onboard? Sadly we didn't DH said we're already booked for 5/2011 so wait until then to book again.
I rebooked another back to back in April but it was just a dummy cruise. I dont think I will be able to go again until 2012. But I have 2 in my back pocket! With $100 per person deposits and 10% off! MUUHAHAHAHAHAAHA (that's my evil laugh in case you didnt get it)
Old 10-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #152
StarGazer99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneywondergirl22 View Post
random fact learned (just jumping in here):
Chic Fil A at the Merritt Square Mall nearby has both regular and diet Dr Pepper! and they sell it as cans in 12 pack boxes at the nearby WalMart!
Girl where were ya when I needed ya!!

Jackie

StarGazer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2010, 02:45 PM   #153
StarGazer99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenGC View Post
I rebooked another back to back in April but it was just a dummy cruise. I dont think I will be able to go again until 2012. But I have 2 in my back pocket! With $100 per person deposits and 10% off! MUUHAHAHAHAHAAHA (that's my evil laugh in case you didnt get it)
How did you get $100/person. Now I wish I would have looked into a dummy cruise.

Jackie

Old 10-09-2010, 05:46 PM   #154
shwarren70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Come on! NO ONE is going to take this? Fine

WHO'S ALEX????
I think we are all still tired from the trip... Nobody's quick anymore.

We're going for the Dream! September 2013

Silver Castaway Cay Member - Wonder - Feb 2008, Sep 2010, May 2011; Magic - Jan 2012, DVC Member - 2007 SSR & 2009 - BLT

shwarren70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:17 PM   #155
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

I finally stop feeling the motion!!!

Sam just told me that next time we go on a cruise he want to see Golden mickey again He liked it!! Today he watched the DCL DVD over and over

I am so glad that he left with good memories and is willing to do it again.
Jan 2008 - ASMovies
Jan 2009 - ASMovies
Jan 2010 - ASMusic
Sept 2010- ASMovies & Disney Wonder (1st cruise)
March 2011- All Star Sports + 1st trip to US offsite
Oct 2011 - Dream + POP + MNSSHP
March 2012 - US offsite + DTD shopping spree
Feb 2013 - Disneyland off site 1st time!
March 2014 - DCL Dream
March 2015 - ASMusic
Blanche_Neige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:32 PM   #156
StarGazer99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanche_Neige View Post

Sam just told me that next time we go on a cruise he want to see Golden mickey again He liked it!! Today he watched the DCL DVD over and over

Who Hoo

Jackie

Old 10-09-2010, 09:54 PM   #157
shwarren70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanche_Neige View Post

So glad he liked it!

We're going for the Dream! September 2013

Silver Castaway Cay Member - Wonder - Feb 2008, Sep 2010, May 2011; Magic - Jan 2012, DVC Member - 2007 SSR & 2009 - BLT

shwarren70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:02 PM   #158
StarGazer99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwarren70 View Post
I think we are all still tired from the trip... Nobody's quick anymore.
I guess. I mentioned him on my FB page like twice and no one went for it... I'm still waiting. lol

Jackie

Old 10-11-2010, 10:09 AM   #159
StarGazer99
DIS Veteran

Day 3 9-24 Disney World

Day 3 We got up and caught a cab to Fort Wilderness Lodge at 7:30. I was hoping to check in and make it to Hollywood Studios by 9. Well that didn't happen. We arrived at the park by 9:30 and headed straight for Toy Story Mania which had a 90 min wait or a 5pm return time for FP. We grabbed a FP for the Tower of Terror and headed to Star Tours to find that it was shut down for several months for a revamp. Indiana Jones was going to interfere with our lunch reservation so we just looked around the Streets of America area and checked out Honey I Shrunk the kids.

We ate at the Sci Fi Dinner Theater, which was wonderful, and headed to the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster for a FP and then road the Tower of Terror. This is when the rain came. We were able to get from the T of T back to RRC without getting to soaked and Emma just loved the Roller Coaster Ride so we sent her to ride by her self. Of course they shut the ride down just before she was to get on. They gave her a FP that was good for several days and we had planned to come back a couple of days latter so we weren't worried about her getting to ride again but she was bummed.

We decided we didn't want to wait around for the shows and we knew we were coming back another afternoon/evening so we headed out to give Emma some good swim time at the Lodge before the Spirit of Aloha dinner that night. I initially planned to swim at the Poly but an employee told me when we arrived that Poly wouldn't allow us to.

By the time we arrived back at the Wilderness it was raining a bit, the sky looked dark, and the lodge had closed down the pool and beach. Emma was very sad. We rested a couple of hours before heading to the Poly were Emma saw their pool I wanted to swim in and she actually broke down and cried(Emma doesn't cry). Oh and the rain had stopped just before we left for dinner.

The Spirit of Aloha was nice but I've been to Hawaii and it was not a true Luau. Initially I was disappointed until I read the title again and laughed. Yes it was the "Spirit". I really wished we had done the luau at Universal. I've heard that one is amazing.

We got back to the Lodge after 10 and I agree to let Emma swim for "20 min or so". We didn't get to bed until 12:30. I am such a push over.

Jackie

Old 10-11-2010, 10:46 AM   #160
P.Leilani
DCL- IS THE BEE'S KNEES

Yes I am stalking.... but one of those out in the open stalkers

I was on Jen's 1st cruise (that makes me special to Jen Breezin to the Bahamas) Actually I was booked on the 3 day as well but decided while on board to cancel and do WDW with DD3, after the rough waters. Anyway here I am stalking you all.

I will say you all sound like a wild and crazy bunch of folks

Oh not only am I a stalker I am also an ease dropper (reader)...

I wanted to chime in here and say, I am glad someone mentioned they felt "land sick once off the ship. I thought it was only me feeling that way walking around Downtown Disney and WDW as well as the hotel. I did not want to seem like a "crazy" and ask someone around me if they felt like the ground was moving or did they feel that. The motion feeling left probably after 3 or 4 days. It was not major but I would feel it if I bent over and stood up or leaning to the table to eat. (odd feeling). '

Funny thing is in all my reading for this trip, I never once read anyone having "morning after cruise motion sickness/feelings" or was this only unique to us....hmmm I am starting to see a common thread it's JEN

Anyway, I will keep stalking and hanging out with you all and keeping my ey on Jen... (I see she has only posted pictures on this thread here, the funny thing is the pictures she posted are from Breezin to the Bahamas trip...So much love Jen-

Ta Ta for Now

In my Roz from Monsters Inc. voice
I'm watching you all, always watching
Old 10-11-2010, 10:50 AM   #161
P.Leilani
DCL- IS THE BEE'S KNEES

Quote:
Is this service or what?!
Stalking again

Ahh! Jen you got a picture of Priya and Victoria together, I don't have a single one...go figure.

Jen, Priya just say this pix and said...hey mommy thats me and Victoria or as she says Tictoria (she wont say the V for some reason) then she said hey where is Dillon? THAT DREAM OF A GUY DILLON!
Old 10-11-2010, 10:54 AM   #162
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Leilani View Post
Yes I am stalking.... but one of those out in the open stalkers

I was on Jen's 1st cruise (that makes me special to Jen Breezin to the Bahamas) Actually I was booked on the 3 day as well but decided while on board to cancel and do WDW with DD3, after the rough waters. Anyway here I am stalking you all.

I will say you all sound like a wild and crazy bunch of folks

Oh not only am I a stalker I am also an ease dropper (reader)...

I wanted to chime in here and say, I am glad someone mentioned they felt "land sick once off the ship. I thought it was only me feeling that way walking around Downtown Disney and WDW as well as the hotel. I did not want to seem like a "crazy" and ask someone around me if they felt like the ground was moving or did they feel that. The motion feeling left probably after 3 or 4 days. It was not major but I would feel it if I bent over and stood up or leaning to the table to eat. (odd feeling). '

Funny thing is in all my reading for this trip, I never once read anyone having "morning after cruise motion sickness/feelings" or was this only unique to us....hmmm I am starting to see a common thread it's JEN

Anyway, I will keep stalking and hanging out with you all and keeping my ey on Jen... (I see she has only posted pictures on this thread here, the funny thing is the pictures she posted are from Breezin to the Bahamas trip...So much love Jen-

Ta Ta for Now

In my Roz from Monsters Inc. voice
I'm watching you all, always watching
Stalk all you want sweetie! A friend of mine that cruises a lot said that she has only felt the "land sickness" after she had rough seas. I have heard that everyone has it but reacts to it like sea sickness. Some get it and some dont. You're not crazy! Well, not crazy for THIS thing anyway! hahahaha

I hope you guys had fun at WDW! Priya is such a doll. I miss her!

Well, I am trying to get through my pictures but I can never get to the second set which is at home.

but that is my favorite picture! :D They were just so sweet to the girls

Old 10-11-2010, 11:12 AM   #163
StarGazer99
DIS Veteran

P.Leilani welcome... I won't hold it against you that you weren't on our cruise. May I ask, did insurance cover you cancelling?? Hopefully you had a wonderful time at WDW.

Jackie

Old 10-12-2010, 11:20 AM   #164
JenGC
DIS Veteran

OK FINALLY got more pictures.

OK this is the REAL Victoria

I found this one. I just love it. This is the first day but you can see the waves kicking up.

I love this one too.

OK day two. Dont be scared because it is taking me so long to post my days. It will go fast I promise. We really didnt do much. With working full time and having a business part time, it was a rare treat to be able to sit in my cabin, looking out my verandah and watching movies that we didnt get to see in the theaters, but hasnt been released to DVD.

Anyway! Day two took us to Nassau. We had no plans to visit, but it was really pretty!

Had breakfast. mmmMMmm Mickey waffles (except they werent that yummy. Maybe they are just fit for bunnys? ) The banana bread was great!

The sea gulls cracked me up. If you left any food out on the outside tables, they though it was fair game. All that poor guy did all morning was try to make sure food was guarded, or thrown away if someone left their trays behind (which kinda urked me because there were trash cans. Clean up after yourself!).

The carnival ship pulled in beside us. I think he was stalking us the whole trip.

People were cleaning all the time!

Here was our view from the verandah. I am telling you, this side of the ship was awesome. I am not sure what they call it but if you are looking at the front of the ship from land, it is the right side. We saw Atlantis (that is Atlantis right?), fireworks off the ship, Castaway Cay, everything!

We also caught Mickey in the elevator. He couldnt run from us!
Old 10-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #165
JenGC
DIS Veteran

We had dinner at Animator's Pallet that night which I inserted the photos from that. It was really a treat to go there. Great show but the villans part were kinda loud and scary! Not something I would want my younger child to have to sit through.

We tried to get the moon behind the clouds but my camera had no clue what that was about. But I did get this picture.

The next day was Castaway Cay day...well was SUPPOSE to be anyway.

Morning sunrise

Some pictures of Castaway Cay from the front of the ship. Everyone was asleep and I went to get coffee and some pastries and happen to see the beginnings of Castaway Cay so I decided to get some pictures. It is really a pretty island.

But the winds were too much to back in.

So the switched the days to the at sea day. It threw Palos for a loop. The server for brunch said she was a bit off that morning because last night the crew decided to have a get together with wine and cheese. She said they had more wine than cheese! But it was really good.

I love the napkins.

Seafood table (I kinda steered away from that)

Dessert table (my fav!)

See?

Veggies and cold cuts

Beautiful view (hey Magic2Go!)

Our door decorations thanks to the Disigners (thanks ******!!!)

You could see the Tropical Storm come in. I knew then we wouldnt be going to Castaway Cay the next day.

Well, it was pirate night and Victoria and Dillon was starting to hang out more. Here they were all dressed up.

And of course the sword fight

Funny story about this guy. We go down to Tritons for dinner that night. We see this guy and he is so dressed up we thought he was a character that was helping out on the pirate night because they were EVERWHERE! So I say "hey guys! Go get a picture with that pirate!" The kids were sorta reluctant but I did get a pic.

Then his wife and kids showed up to go to dinner. His wife was like "hunny, what did you do!" She wasnt dressed up or anything so we werent real sure on that story but we apologized and left. I thought it was a great picture!

And the storm rolled in. Needless to say, dinner was a big rocking. But the ship outran the storms!

Here was a real crew member that was dressed.

The storm didnt mess with the pirate party. We decided to watch the fireworks from our verandah since we were on the correct side to see them. Of course, they shoot them out to sea so it wont hurt anyone. I really didnt want to be around the mob that was upstairs but we heard the music and got to see the fireworks so I thought it was a great seat!

Next day, Victoria's birthday!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: