Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2010, 02:27 AM   #691
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Your welcome.....

I've just posted myself on it and goals. Hope that I won't be on my lonesome for long.....
You won't be, I'm sure I need to find a current picture of myself where you can see my full body so I can post it over there. I think I have one on my old Geeks on a Plane PTR from this summer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Firefly, I think you and Fran are in about the same boat, but with her arthritis and hunched back she's not quite so tall any more, she's closer to my height which is about 5'2". But I'm not a 1 in the weight game. I'll be over to sign up for the weight loss challenge!
Man, she lost about 6 or 7 inches because of her health issues? That has to suck I like being tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbys mommy View Post
Didn't mean to offend anyone
I dunno about anyone else, but you certainly didn't offend me Everyone has their reasons, and everyone's body is different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Just remember - it's a personal journey! Whether you have a 1, 2, 3 or a 0 in the front!
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm 5'6" and well...I'm over 200, lets just put it that way. I never thought I'd get to be over 200 pounds, that seems so huge to me. I'd really love to get under 200 by the time I go to Disney, but since that is only 5 weeks away, I don't know if it's possible...we will see, I'm planning on working really hard the next 5 weeks!
Well, if you work on it, maybe you can get close to 200? I'm waiting until November 1 before I really start working on it, although I've been kind of sort of working on it lately (watching portion size and such). Tonight, I brought a lunch to work (sandwich, grapes, and water) and then completely forgot I'd brought it and wound up ordering takeout Then I have my vacation, and before I go back to work, I'm spending Halloween at Six Flags, so I'd rather not be fussing about calories over the next three weeks. November 1, I'll start really working on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Let me know how it goes and how you fit in the seats! I was just on Jet Blue in May, and I was about 6 pounds heavier then (not like it makes a difference in size or anything) and although it was a tight fit, I fit in the seat with the arm rest down with no problem, and I don't need a seat belt extender or anything, so who knows? I'm just praying my flight isn't full...I've never went on a Friday morning so I don't know how full it will be. Hopefully not many people are going to Disney that day!

I'm going to join the weight loss thread too!
I definitely will When I got on the scale yesterday, I'd actually lost about three pounds, and I'm not sure how I'm sure your flight will work out, though If you want, I can text you once I land in Orlando (because my flight's so early, but I land at 3pm) and let you know

Quote:
No you didn't offend at all, as PrincessInOz said, we all have our personal challenges. When I hit the 2's I was appalled, but I've been here now for a while. in 2008 I was about 180 but once I got back from my WDW trip in May my weight ballooned.

Each of us has our own battles, I just wish mine was at 160! But I know if I was 160, I'd want to be 140, so I totally understand.
I've always been heavy, so I don't really "know" any different. The only thing I know for sure is that two years ago, I could fit into size 22 jeans. I can't now. Ideally, I'd like to get down to a size 14 or 16. Even my sister, who's the skinniest person in our family, is about a 12. Our family's just big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbys mommy View Post
Before I had kids I was 90, after dealing with my dad's suicide, my mom's death from Leukemia, depression, losing a home & a vehicle, homeless for 2 weeks, my weight has ballooned. For my height, I am over weight.
I'm sorry you had to deal with all of that. I hope things are better now (weight issues aside) and that they continue to be that way.

Quote:
Being only one inch taller than you, I am overweight as well, just a a lot more. I was 125 from ages 19 to 26, at that point I started to gain weight. By the time I was 30 and going through a divorce I hit 150 (which at this point would be my ideal weight). I'm sorry you had to go through so much, I can't even imagine dealing with everything you have. Perhaps we should move this discussion over to the new weight loss thread and not hijack Dana's TR.
I don't mind the hijacking, it gives me something to respond to at work

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:42 PM   #692
DisneyFirefly

So, today's Saturday, and you guys know what that means...

Name That Semi-Obscure Character Game!

This is round 4, so after this, there's one more (next Saturday) unless there's a tie, which it looks like there will be.

Remember, the first person to get it gets the point. No edits or second guesses Also, I want the proper name of the character not "___'s ___ in ___"

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2010, 09:02 PM   #693
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
So, today's Saturday, and you guys know what that means...

Name That Semi-Obscure Character Game!

This is round 4, so after this, there's one more (next Saturday) unless there's a tie, which it looks like there will be.

Remember, the first person to get it gets the point. No edits or second guesses Also, I want the proper name of the character not "___'s ___ in ___"

Fa Li!
Alison ~~~~ I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR |It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:04 PM   #694
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Fa Li!
Yup!

So now the scores are as follows:

snarlingcoyote - 1
therussells08 - 1
PrincessInOz - 1
franandaj - 1

Am I gonna have to buy five prizes?

Me DBF
Old 10-09-2010, 09:07 PM   #695
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Mulan's mother! Dang! Just NOT quick enough

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:18 PM   #696
DisneyFirefly

Maybe you'll get next week's

Me DBF
Old 10-09-2010, 09:27 PM   #697
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
Yup!

Am I gonna have to buy five prizes?
No prize necessary for me!
Alison ~~~~ I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR |It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:27 PM   #698
DisneyFirefly

Okay I'll just buy you a tigger tail in June

Me DBF
Old 10-09-2010, 11:39 PM   #699
laashley
DIS Veteran

I am horrible at this game! I need to watch some disney movies that aren't just the kids favorites. We have Mulan somewhere, but I don't even think I have ever watched it.

Your final itinerary looks great. Won't be long now. I especially like the 3 MNSSHP part. I know that we will miss some things and will wish we were going to another one, but I guess that is what next year is for.

All the food talk and weight loss talk has me both hungry and feeling like I need to diet! I think the way to go is portion control, now if only I can atleast control that. I love food and don't love exercise!

Stinks that you have or feel you have to buy an extra seat. Atleast you know that way you will have plenty of room, and glad you were able to get it at the cheaper rate. Plane seats are never comfortable!

I'll have to check out the weight-loss thread when I get a chance. I need some motivation!!!
laashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:33 AM   #700
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by laashley View Post
I am horrible at this game! I need to watch some disney movies that aren't just the kids favorites. We have Mulan somewhere, but I don't even think I have ever watched it.

Your final itinerary looks great. Won't be long now. I especially like the 3 MNSSHP part. I know that we will miss some things and will wish we were going to another one, but I guess that is what next year is for.

All the food talk and weight loss talk has me both hungry and feeling like I need to diet! I think the way to go is portion control, now if only I can atleast control that. I love food and don't love exercise!

Stinks that you have or feel you have to buy an extra seat. Atleast you know that way you will have plenty of room, and glad you were able to get it at the cheaper rate. Plane seats are never comfortable!

I'll have to check out the weight-loss thread when I get a chance. I need some motivation!!!
I'm horrible at some of the games I've seen on PTRs Mulan was pretty cute, considering what it was about. I love Mushu "Dishonor on your cow!"

Honestly, if I were going with my family (and was responsible for paying for that many tickets), I don't think I'd go to three parties. But I'm solo (technically), so I can afford it But yes, there's always next year!

I'm just like you, I don't like exercise and I love food But I'm working on it!

I'm not sure if I have to, but I'd rather just buy it and hope for the refund than fret about being asked to leave the plane or, worse, getting stranded in Baltimore or Jackson (the stops my flight makes down to Orlando). But yeah, at least I'll have more room

Come on over! It's a pleasant thread!

Me DBF
Old 10-10-2010, 05:24 AM   #701
DisneyFirefly

I got bored at work tonight and found a bunch of old Disney World commercials that feature adults instead of kids on YouTube Some of them were really sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahGsElNsaQM This was my favorite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xqiD6tEZTo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2lqJFNIpdc This one's actually dogs, but it's so cute!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA93vBjD4EU You have to wait for the end for the Disney bit, though.

Just thought you guys might want some magic

Me DBF
Old 10-10-2010, 10:56 AM   #702
Simba22
DIS Veteran

those commercials were cute! I liked the last one the best...well, and of course the one with the dogs!

My favorite Disney commercial is the one where the kids are sleeping and Cinderella's horse-drawn carriage is coming down their street.
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:36 PM   #703
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

We don't get Disney commercials here.....well, not for the parks...just for DVDs.

Thanks for sharing.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:51 PM   #704
DisneyFirefly

Glad you guys liked them I was lurking on the boards last night and wander into a thread that was basically parents vs childless/child-free adults and someone started linking a couple of those commercials in response to someone saying something about "there are no disney commercials without kids in them". I just thought those were really sweet

Me DBF
Old 10-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #705
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Those commercials are great...

I wish we had been able to do two parties, maybe next time!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: