Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 01:49 PM   #136
HookedonMagic
DIS Veteran
 
HookedonMagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Celebration, FL
Posts: 788

Hawky,

We were on your cruise. It was a last minute trip, so I didn't get involved with the group. I wish I had, especially after reading your last post because my husband was a doctor in Celebration's ER for seven years (switched hospitals just last year.) We could have made a call and gotten you and your hubby fast tracked! I hope they treated you well and that he feels better soon!

Anyway, we had a blast. We've cruised DCL several times, but had taken a two year break. Now we're "hooked" once again and booked for a March Magic spring break cruise! Oh my.

Keep the reports coming. I love reliving my WONDERful weekend!

Lisa
__________________
Happy Sailing!
HookedonMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:53 PM   #137
JenGC
DIS Veteran
 
JenGC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,724

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedonMagic View Post
Hawky,

We were on your cruise. It was a last minute trip, so I didn't get involved with the group. I wish I had, especially after reading your last post because my husband was a doctor in Celebration's ER for seven years (switched hospitals just last year.) We could have made a call and gotten you and your hubby fast tracked! I hope they treated you well and that he feels better soon!

Anyway, we had a blast. We've cruised DCL several times, but had taken a two year break. Now we're "hooked" once again and booked for a March Magic spring break cruise! Oh my.

Keep the reports coming. I love reliving my WONDERful weekend!

Lisa
Awww I wish you would have posted on the thread too! The more the merrier! Even though I am not Hawky and I am sure she will swoop in and remind me of this!!
__________________
JenGC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-06-2010, 02:27 PM   #138
StarGazer99
DIS Veteran
 
StarGazer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 899

HookedonMagic

Nice to meet you. You could have come up the secret deck and introduced yourself... we would have been glad to take you in.
__________________
Wilderness Lodge Sept 2010
First Cruise.. Sept 30 2010 Wonder Bahamas http://www.disboards.com/showthread....462045&page=11
Second Cruise Jan 14 2012 Magic Caribbean http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2580709

Jackie

StarGazer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #139
shwarren70
DIS Veteran
 
shwarren70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 594

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanche_Neige View Post
HI everyone, we are back!!! we got home last night at 11pm...

I have one question for you guys does anyone else still feel the movement?
I think I am land sick OMG things are spinning, going up and down

I kept the kids home from school today... I write more when things are not moving as much

BTW

Thank you to everyone for all the nice FE stuff!
The best souvenirs ever!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawky7 View Post
I'd be chatting about our trip...but I'm a little busy in the ER...yes ER on my vaca...this is one place I can say we have not visited in orlando before...DHs ear started bleeding like 7 hrs ago, and hasn't stopeed...so here we sit in Celebration, FL in the ER...fun fun!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanche_Neige View Post
I'm still rocking... when is this going to stop!!! O I know how to stop it, I need to go on another cruise!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedonMagic View Post
Hawky,

We were on your cruise. It was a last minute trip, so I didn't get involved with the group. I wish I had, especially after reading your last post because my husband was a doctor in Celebration's ER for seven years (switched hospitals just last year.) We could have made a call and gotten you and your hubby fast tracked! I hope they treated you well and that he feels better soon!

Anyway, we had a blast. We've cruised DCL several times, but had taken a two year break. Now we're "hooked" once again and booked for a March Magic spring break cruise! Oh my.

Keep the reports coming. I love reliving my WONDERful weekend!

Lisa
To everyone - HI! How's it going... Good gracious I have come to realize I hate working...LOL! Can I quit and just cruise all the time. I will never ever take another vacation where I don't take the day after I return off from work. We got home about 8:30 Sunday night, and 6:00 Monday morning was just TOO EARLY... I spent all Monday catching up on 200 emails, in 2 meetings, and prepping for a meeting from 1-5 five on Tuesday. Then, I have had 3 interviews today, the last one, I almost fell asleep on the poor man was so boring. And, an all day meeting on Friday... don't you just LOVE the 1st week of the month.

Marianne, Jackie, Jen - yes, I still feel like I'm rocking... and I have never had that on a short cruise before. I've experienced it on 7 days, but I think I'm going to have to go get some dramamine.

Rebekah - Hope Arthur is okay.

Lisa - Welcome Aboard to this crazy bunch!

Stephanie
__________________
Me-Stephanie, DH-Lee, DD-Aubrey , and DS-Luke

We're going for the Dream! September 2013

Silver Castaway Cay Member - Wonder - Feb 2008, Sep 2010, May 2011; Magic - Jan 2012, DVC Member - 2007 SSR & 2009 - BLT

shwarren70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #140
Webmiester
Bring me that horizon...
 
Webmiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 296

Hahha Stephanie, I was thinkin the same thing this morning.
I took what it cost us this time around for the 4/3 back to back and did a cost projection for staying on them for 6 months, or 26 weeks.
Well, it came to just short of $60,000 including ALL expenses. And that's with very little drinking, no excursions and only 1 spa day a week.

I did see an email joke thing once that showed how a retired woman found it was cheaper to live on a cruiseship than a decent retirement home.....hmm....
__________________
Webmiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:41 PM   #141
JenGC
DIS Veteran
 
JenGC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,724

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmiester View Post
Hahha Stephanie, I was thinkin the same thing this morning.
I took what it cost us this time around for the 4/3 back to back and did a cost projection for staying on them for 6 months, or 26 weeks.
Well, it came to just short of $60,000 including ALL expenses. And that's with very little drinking, no excursions and only 1 spa day a week.

I did see an email joke thing once that showed how a retired woman found it was cheaper to live on a cruiseship than a decent retirement home.....hmm....
hhhHHhhmmm I think you are on to something here! What category did he base the comparison on?
__________________
JenGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:20 PM   #142
Disneyelf10
DIS Veteran
 
Disneyelf10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Lynn, Massachusetts
Posts: 752

Gotta love Minnie!
[/QUOTE]

Jen- love this picture of Victoria!! Sooo cute!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawky7 View Post
I'd be chatting about our trip...but I'm a little busy in the ER...yes ER on my vaca...this is one place I can say we have not visited in orlando before...DHs ear started bleeding like 7 hrs ago, and hasn't stopeed...so here we sit in Celebration, FL in the ER...fun fun!!!
Rebekah- hope Arthur is ok? Hope you're enjoying the rest of WDW!!

[QUOTE=shwarren70;38490586]To everyone - HI! How's it going... Good gracious I have come to realize I hate working...LOL! Can I quit and just cruise all the time. I will never ever take another vacation where I don't take the day after I return off from work. We got home about 8:30 Sunday night, and 6:00 Monday morning was just TOO EARLY... I spent all Monday catching up on 200 emails, in 2 meetings, and prepping for a meeting from 1-5 five on Tuesday. Then, I have had 3 interviews today, the last one, I almost fell asleep on the poor man was so boring. And, an all day meeting on Friday... don't you just LOVE the 1st week of the month.

I hear ya Stephanie- that is exactly why we took Monday off...to catch up and of course Monday flew bye and the rest of the week is dragging!! I think I saw you and your daughter in the Disney Earport store on Sunday and should have said hi but you were chatting.

The cruise was great, I think it went by too fast this time. Wish I had more time to see everyone on the ship. dinner was nice and enjoyed catchiing up with my tablemates!!

Did anyone book another cruise while onboard? Sadly we didn't DH said we're already booked for 5/2011 so wait until then to book again.
__________________

Disneyelf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:37 PM   #143
StarGazer99
DIS Veteran
 
StarGazer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 899

I had my first day back to work today. I thought it was going to be fun... it wasn't. I'm really hoping to do a 7nt Caribbean cruise next Sept/Oct... I wan't it real bad. Alex said he booked for next year to get the savings because the 2012 schedule wasn't out; they said that when it comes out he can move the cruise and keep the discount so I suppose that's what he is doing.

After missing 8 days of school(the state limit it 10) Emma almost had to miss yesterday because she was up most of the night with a nose bleed. Thankfully they only had a half day of school so I sent my child to school a sleep zombie. They had a full day today but now have a 4 day weekend. I was thinking we vacationed the wrong weeks but it's nice Emma gets a vacation after her vacation.
__________________
Wilderness Lodge Sept 2010
First Cruise.. Sept 30 2010 Wonder Bahamas http://www.disboards.com/showthread....462045&page=11
Second Cruise Jan 14 2012 Magic Caribbean http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2580709

Jackie

StarGazer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:45 PM   #144
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran
 
Blanche_Neige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc
Posts: 1,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGazer99 View Post
I had my first day back to work today. I thought it was going to be fun... it wasn't. I'm really hoping to do a 7nt Caribbean cruise next Sept/Oct... I wan't it real bad. Alex said he booked for next year to get the savings because the 2012 schedule wasn't out; they said that when it comes out he can move the cruise and keep the discount so I suppose that's what he is doing.

After missing 8 days of school(the state limit it 10) Emma almost had to miss yesterday because she was up most of the night with a nose bleed. Thankfully they only had a half day of school so I sent my child to school a sleep zombie. They had a full day today but now have a 4 day weekend. I was thinking we vacationed the wrong weeks but it's nice Emma gets a vacation after her vacation.
I also booked a dummy cruise, once the 2012 dates comes out I will move the date. Not sure when we want to go, probably during school because it's cheaper. We want to be on the Dream or Fantasy
I'm thinking next time we will go to Universal Studios (1st time) before the cruise.

I can't believe I am already planning another cruise while I am still feeling like I'm on the cruise!!! I'm slowly getting my balance back but still feel dizzy especially if I stand a long time.

Hope Emma feels better! BTW Josh talks about her alot
__________________
Me DS (14) DS (12) DS (12)
Feb 1986 - Off site,
Jan 2007 - ASMovies
Jan 2008 - ASMovies
Jan 2009 - ASMovies
Jan 2010 - ASMusic
Sept 2010- ASMovies & Disney Wonder (1st cruise)
March 2011- All Star Sports + 1st trip to US offsite
Oct 2011 - Dream + POP + MNSSHP
March 2012 - US offsite + DTD shopping spree
Feb 2013 - Disneyland off site 1st time!
March 2014 - DCL Dream
March 2015 - ASMusic
Blanche_Neige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:39 PM   #145
StarGazer99
DIS Veteran
 
StarGazer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanche_Neige View Post
I also booked a dummy cruise, once the 2012 dates comes out I will move the date. Not sure when we want to go, probably during school because it's cheaper. We want to be on the Dream or Fantasy
I'm thinking next time we will go to Universal Studios (1st time) before the cruise.

I can't believe I am already planning another cruise while I am still feeling like I'm on the cruise!!! I'm slowly getting my balance back but still feel dizzy especially if I stand a long time.

Hope Emma feels better! BTW Josh talks about her alot
Hopefully by the time Fantasy comes out the Dream will move on to the Caribbean but for right now it only shows the Dream doing the Bahamas and I don't want to do that again, I want something new. I would love to plan cruises for the next two years.

For Universal I would do no less than three nights giving you two full days. One full day was nice but I would have actually liked three full days the best and that would have been plenty. Universal is sooo much more relaxing than Disney!!! You CAN actually relax.

I'm glad Emma and Josh are getting along together so well. She said they talked today. If Emma were to have a boyfriend I would much rather her have one in Canada than here.
__________________
Wilderness Lodge Sept 2010
First Cruise.. Sept 30 2010 Wonder Bahamas http://www.disboards.com/showthread....462045&page=11
Second Cruise Jan 14 2012 Magic Caribbean http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2580709

Jackie

StarGazer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:04 PM   #146
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran
 
Blanche_Neige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc
Posts: 1,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGazer99 View Post
I'm glad Emma and Josh are getting along together so well. She said they talked today. If Emma were to have a boyfriend I would much rather her have one in Canada than here.
__________________
Me DS (14) DS (12) DS (12)
Feb 1986 - Off site,
Jan 2007 - ASMovies
Jan 2008 - ASMovies
Jan 2009 - ASMovies
Jan 2010 - ASMusic
Sept 2010- ASMovies & Disney Wonder (1st cruise)
March 2011- All Star Sports + 1st trip to US offsite
Oct 2011 - Dream + POP + MNSSHP
March 2012 - US offsite + DTD shopping spree
Feb 2013 - Disneyland off site 1st time!
March 2014 - DCL Dream
March 2015 - ASMusic
Blanche_Neige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #147
StarGazer99
DIS Veteran
 
StarGazer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 899

Day 2 9-23

We got up early to see Harry Potter. The park opened at 9 am but we got 8 am entrance with our package so naturally we got to the park at 8:30. Olivanders line was out to BFE and we never got to see that but was able to get on The Forbidden Journey without any wait. In order to see the cool castle you have to go through the regular line which queues through it. This was our second time through and we rushed both times because we didn't know what the wait was going to be at the end and people were passing us. I wish we would have gone through a third time slowly just to see more of the castle.

We road the Hippogriff then headed for our 9am breakfast at the Three Broomsticks. It left a lot to be desired but the potatoes were great and we were able to try butter beer and pumpkin juice.

We looked around Islands of Adventure and rode Spiderman, Jurassic Park, and I rode the Hulk... wasn't fond of it. and then we headed to Universal.

In Universal we rode Revenge of the Mummy, Men in Black, Shrek 4D,
Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast(Emma thought was "the dumbest ride ever), and Jaws. We happened upon the Blues Brothers as they started and thought it was just wonderful. I think we ate at Richter's Burger Co. and then headed back to IOA to ride the Popeye and Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges. They say make it your last if you don't want to be wet all day and they were right. I couldn't have gotten more wet if I had gone swimming in my clothes.

We headed back to the Royal Pacific (Man I'd love to stay there again!!) to swim in the pool and relax a little before going to bed for our 630 wake up call to catch a taxi to the Wilderness Lodge. I was impressed with how our bodies were holding up to all the walking. Jeff was complaining a little... He had no clue what was waiting for him.
__________________
Wilderness Lodge Sept 2010
First Cruise.. Sept 30 2010 Wonder Bahamas http://www.disboards.com/showthread....462045&page=11
Second Cruise Jan 14 2012 Magic Caribbean http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2580709

Jackie

StarGazer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:24 PM   #148
disneywondergirl22
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGazer99 View Post
Things I've learned... Neither Florida nor the Bahamas sells Diet Dr Pepper, lovebugs suck, and it would take me about 10 cruises to get my crap together and learn to be organized and prepared for a cruise!!!

random fact learned (just jumping in here):
Chic Fil A at the Merritt Square Mall nearby has both regular and diet Dr Pepper! and they sell it as cans in 12 pack boxes at the nearby WalMart!
disneywondergirl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:41 PM   #149
JenGC
DIS Veteran
 
JenGC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,724

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGazer99 View Post
I had my first day back to work today. I thought it was going to be fun... it wasn't. I'm really hoping to do a 7nt Caribbean cruise next Sept/Oct... I wan't it real bad. Alex said he booked for next year to get the savings because the 2012 schedule wasn't out; they said that when it comes out he can move the cruise and keep the discount so I suppose that's what he is doing.

After missing 8 days of school(the state limit it 10) Emma almost had to miss yesterday because she was up most of the night with a nose bleed. Thankfully they only had a half day of school so I sent my child to school a sleep zombie. They had a full day today but now have a 4 day weekend. I was thinking we vacationed the wrong weeks but it's nice Emma gets a vacation after her vacation.
Come on! NO ONE is going to take this? Fine

WHO'S ALEX????
__________________
JenGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:42 PM   #150
JenGC
DIS Veteran
 
JenGC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,724

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneywondergirl22 View Post
random fact learned (just jumping in here):
Chic Fil A at the Merritt Square Mall nearby has both regular and diet Dr Pepper! and they sell it as cans in 12 pack boxes at the nearby WalMart!
Cool! Thanks for jumping in! Lovebug still suck though.
__________________
JenGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: