Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 03:13 PM   #661
capt445
Mouseketeer

24 more hours until we start our 8th trip to the World from NE Indiana. 1100 miles straight through. Destination Animal Kingdom, Kadani Village.

Why do these 24 hours always seem more like 24 days?
Old 09-30-2010, 04:10 PM   #662
nono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
This might be important info for someone. My dh loves to read the trivia on the Snapple bottles. Yesterday he got this:

"It is illegal to run out of gas in Youngstown, OH." Yep, that's what it said. I checked it out online and evidently this really is the law there. So. any of you that might be traveling through Youngstown, make sure you gas up before you hit town!
Thank you. I'm heading that way shortly! (non-disney trip). Good to know!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2010, 02:03 PM   #663
cemeb4dk
Mouseketeer

22 more days til we start our 1200 mile journey. Plan on leaving the western burbs of Chicago around midnight, taking I88 t0 294 to 65south. Then the 24, to 75. PLan on stopping at Ruby Falls for breakfast and a break in the driving action. Plus wife and daughter have never seen. Then continue on til the Fl border. If I can make it all the way we will, but my goal is the FL Border. We usually go straight thru, but I work the day we leave, so it depends on if I get any rest before we depart.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:38 PM   #664
BC1836
DIS Veteran

October has finally arrived!

For us, it means another 2,000+ mile round trip is coming up.

Let the countdown begin!

All the best. :
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (38 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:50 AM   #665
Lilysmom
Mouseketeer

We leave in a couple of days!!!! SO excited!!!!
Old 10-02-2010, 12:05 PM   #666
Tina
Tagless and bitter about it but apparently only thing I hate is when I 'spring a wire. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
And don't forget the AAA discount if you stop along the way.
Absolutely. Not only is AAA great for any unforseen mechanical problems, it's awsome for hotel discounts when you decide to stop. We stopped at Holiday Inn Express in Florence on the way down to WDW last week and saved a few bucks on the room. We were planning to drive straight through on the way home, but at the last minute decided to stop over in Savannah, GA. I booked the Hyatt online the night before. Saved 20% on the room, got free breakfast for both of us, and free valet parking. That added up to $75 in savings and we were able to stay in the most convenient location in town.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #667
Fastpaks
Living the Dream, One Image at a time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
October has finally arrived!

For us, it means another 2,000+ mile round trip is coming up.

Let the countdown begin!

All the best. :

I'm with you! We leave in 19 days!!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:56 AM   #668
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

What is better in general for hotel discounts along I-95 -- AAA or those books you can pick up at the visitor center when you enter a state?
Old 10-04-2010, 09:04 AM   #669
Disneyholic
Official Disneyholic! CM Wannabe! I'll Never Grow Up!

Quote:
What is better in general for hotel discounts along I-95 -- AAA or those books you can pick up at the visitor center when you enter a state?
I've had times where the book is better. Pick up the book, look through it for a hotel that has a price that looks good to you. When you get there, ask which is the better deal. They will tell you.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:04 AM   #670
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not sure. Sometimes the rooms are 'not avail. with coupons or booked up" Another thing to remember, sometimes the motels along 95 book up. We usually had driven straight through coming and going so we really never had the need for one. On our May trip in 2003, we wanted to stop by the Space center on the way home making our leave from FL late afternoon. Well around 8 or 9 pm we were tired and looked for a motel in the SC area - nothing and nothing all the way! Now we do not go straight though any more due to health issues so we are sure to make a reservation! So, if you really want a particular hotel/area, make a reservation with a 4 or 6 pm cancellation policy and you are at least sure to have a room! Just my thoughts on that.
1984 Main Gate, 1985 Poly, 1986 DL xcountry trip
1987 Main Gate, 1989 DL xcountry trip, 1991 CBR
1992 POFQ, 1993 CBR, 1995 ASMu Magic Music Days
2000 CBR, 2001 CBR 2002 CBR, 2003 May CSR
2003 Aug WL, 2007 ASSp FD, 2008 May ASMu
2008 Sept/Oct ASMu FD w/DV
2009 May ASMu $500 (2)free gift card!
2010 Feb WL, 2010 Nov/Dec CBR,
2012 ASMu Family Suite, 2013 Caribe Royale
These are only the Disney trips!
Old 10-04-2010, 09:27 AM   #671
Amirah95
I'm ALLLLLLMOST there!

Yikes...I didn't know there was a part II ha! I was out of the loop.

Anyway, DH had officially started planning out the car and luggage situation. That means time is near for us to go to Walt Disney World. I am too excited!!! This time we have a jogger stroller to take with us!!! It takes up so much of the trunk.

I so can't wait!!!

Proud Disboards.com Member! Park Commando & Roadtripping Family! Mom of 2 Girls! I my Grandboy!
Maleficent/Dr. Facilier/Oogie Boogie/Scar/Yzma Villains Pin Collector & Trader *WDW Planning Nut*
Packing for Kids Roadtrip Menu Stroller Debate Rider Switch Primer NJ Roadtrippers 2,000+ Mile Roadtrippers - II-III-IV
Old 10-04-2010, 03:31 PM   #672
Goofygirl17
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyholic View Post
I've had times where the book is better. Pick up the book, look through it for a hotel that has a price that looks good to you. When you get there, ask which is the better deal. They will tell you.
This summer I called and booked a hotel from the parking lot. Then when I got inside I asked if there was a better rate than my AAA rate. There was and I didn't need a membership for it. It never hurts to ask for a lower rate even after you've booked.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:47 PM   #673
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

I don't belong to AAA, but I belong to AARP. Both usually have the same discount.

It may be different since I don't go 95. However, I have better luck with my AARP discount. Most of our traveling is on weekends or holidays, and the book is not good during those periods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
Old 10-05-2010, 06:12 PM   #674
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirah95 View Post
Yikes...I didn't know there was a part II ha! I was out of the loop.

Anyway, DH had officially started planning out the car and luggage situation. That means time is near for us to go to Walt Disney World. I am too excited!!! This time we have a jogger stroller to take with us!!! It takes up so much of the trunk.

I so can't wait!!!
Welcome to Part II!
We're heading out in October, too.
We just saw the F&W Festival photos/menus and are ready to go.
All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (38 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite.

Last edited by BC1836; 10-06-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:20 AM   #675
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Gasoline prices remain relatively stable. We can still get regular for under $2.50 at the Jersey Shore. We'll be filling up shortly for tankful #1.

All the best.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: