Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-06-2010, 11:26 AM   #151
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Crud and Peanut Butter!!!

Barry...Tim is now my Nemisis too.


Yeah, that was a good try, Nate. But I have to give a point to Tim on that one.

Tim: +1

I wasn't even going for Rocky with the picture, but I have to reward a clear association like that.
Captain_Oblivious is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 11:54 AM   #152
momtoBrandon&Jacob
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bucks Co, PA
Posts: 1,809

Love your report so far Mark - from one Phillies fan to another!!
__________________
Allie (me) Joe (daddy) DS 12 DS 10

5/11 WL * 10/09 POFQ MNSSHP & F&WF * 5/08 Pirate & Priness Party POFQ * 4/07 POFQ
momtoBrandon&Jacob is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-06-2010, 11:59 AM   #153
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
How 'bout this jem at the Big E this year... big fair in Springfield, MA..
Taken from LINK HERE

Meet the 1,500-calorie 'Craz-E Burger': beef patty, bacon and cheese on Krispy Kreme donut




Talk about a heart-stopper.

The donut burger - a bacon cheeseburger with a buttered Krispy Kreme glazed donut standing in for a bun - is becoming a hit on the fair circuit and among some far-out foodies.

Amusingly, the heart-stopping sandwich was sold just outside the West Springfield agricultural fair's "Better Living Center."

Pioneered in the South and popularized by Food Network host Paula Deen, it was a big hit at this year's Big E fair in Massachusetts. Fairgoers bought about 1,000 "Craz-E Burgers" each day of the fair's 17-day run, which ended Sunday, organizers said.

At 1,500 calories per, that adds up to 2.5 million calories worth of sugary, cheesy, bacon-dressed beef - or the creation of an additional 730 pounds of waistline jiggle.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLiz View Post
See what happens when I go to bed early??? I miss out on points!

I'm a big ol' slacker now.

Love the update! I will say that we were one of those groups with a scooter for the first 2 days. DH's grandma is 80 and my MIL thought that she'd be able to handle the scooter.

Uh, yeah, no. Friday night, as we were leaving MK, I was absolutely certain that she was going to drive that thing into Seven Seas Lagoon until my MIL grabbed the handles and forced her to turn the thing!

We had the rental company bring a wheelchair to switch it out on the 3rd morning. That was much easier!

And no, calories don't count on vacation. That's why I was the only one in my family to order the fixed price menu at Les Chefs for lunch.

Anytime we ride something that scares my 8-year-old, she ends up saying "I can't do it, Mommy. I can't do it!" right about the time we are on the ride, ready to go. That's why she always rides with Daddy now.
We saw a couple of near-misses with scooters! Some drivers were definitely more proficient than others...

And no, you're not a slacker. Well ok, maybe a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane1084 View Post
I'm totally in on this TR. The titled is what reeled me in. Also being a huge movie buff, I automatic heard Bill Murray voice in my head say "A vacation from my problems" and then giggled to myself as I thought of one of my favorite movies "What about Bob"


Glad to have you here! You have excellent taste in movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom of 3 (or 4) boys View Post
Just read through...and laughed out loud at your IASW picture! Good times!
Looking forward to more.


Always glad to get a laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane1084 View Post
This movie quote made me actually laugh out loud
Ahhh Airplane!!

Ok I'm hooked on this TR! Best one I've read in a while.

Trust me, 20 years down the road Little Scotty will laugh about his horrible experience on BTMRR.
I sure hope that's the case. Otherwise, he'll be sitting in a padded room somewhere, muttering something like, "Father said I would like this."
Captain_Oblivious is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 12:00 PM   #154
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoBrandon&Jacob View Post
Love your report so far Mark - from one Phillies fan to another!!


GO PHILLIES!
Captain_Oblivious is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 12:07 PM   #155
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran
 
dvczerfs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.
Posts: 9,414

nice update captain. i never seen someone so upset about that stupid ride being closed!! maybe they are making the voices in the song just a bit more iratating.
__________________
Driven 1100 miles each way, each year at least once a year since 1973. Started staying on property in 1987. Joined DVC in 1999. 41 years, 59 trips, 430 days and still counting!!!!

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

dvczerfs is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 12:13 PM   #156
Belle_princess
DIS Veteran
 
Belle_princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Allen, Texas
Posts: 751

"So. That went well" from your last update. . .

. . .isn't that from Princess Diaries?


Oh, and about the crane. . .er Castle Dragon. . .it is out in September and October to put up the CHristmas lights on the castle. We took the Keys to the Kingdom tour this year, and our guide said it takes about 6 weeks, I think, to get all the lights on the castle. She said the story they tell is that it is a Dragon that likes to help Cinderella decorate the castle for the holidays!

No worries- my castle pictures have the Dragon, too.
__________________
Kristin
Me DH

Pin Trading, Pineapple Bars, and Italian Wine, OH MY! September 2010 TR

All-Star Music- Girls' Trip 2010 Pre-Trip Report
Cornado Springs- Birthday Trip November 2008 Pre-Trip Report Never finished TR
Caribbean Beach- August 2002
All-Star Movies- College Graduation May 2002
Dixie Landings-July 1992
Belle_princess is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 12:37 PM   #157
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
nice update captain. i never seen someone so upset about that stupid ride being closed!! maybe they are making the voices in the song just a bit more iratating.
Dave don't give them any ideas! Soon we'll have Iago and teh Tiki birds singing the song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle_princess View Post
"So. That went well" from your last update. . .

. . .isn't that from Princess Diaries?

No clue. I've never seen it. But I'll try and look it up and see if you're right.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle_princess View Post
Oh, and about the crane. . .er Castle Dragon. . .it is out in September and October to put up the CHristmas lights on the castle. We took the Keys to the Kingdom tour this year, and our guide said it takes about 6 weeks, I think, to get all the lights on the castle. She said the story they tell is that it is a Dragon that likes to help Cinderella decorate the castle for the holidays!

No worries- my castle pictures have the Dragon, too.
Thanks for the info! I was annoyed at the crane, but FreezinRafiki did some stellar Photoshop work for me. The crane has been banished forever. Banished, genius! Into the human world!
Captain_Oblivious is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 12:55 PM   #158
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....
 
trennr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Jonesborough, TN
Posts: 3,997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Banished...Into the human world!
Monsters Inc.
__________________
trennr is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 01:26 PM   #159
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 38,889

Okay, I'm all caught up. We were probably one of those many CRAZY people on the monorail on the 18th--as that was the day we went to the MNSSHP (our first) and it was a zoo with people coming and going.

We never had a problem with the crane when we went over Labor Day until about the 12th of September. Since we've been going later in the month the last two trips, that darn thing is always in my pictures (I have to see if I can find someone who knows how to chop it out of my pictures). I'm not sure if it is painting or them starting to put up the Christmas lights.

Mark, I love the picture of you in front of IASW...that was my reaction w hen I heard the news before we even left.

I agree with you on the Riverside Mill. Although we've never stayed at POR, we have gone over a number of times to eat there and it is great.

Poor Scotty...I hope things get better as you go along.
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 02:12 PM   #160
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Monsters Inc.
+1

Still amazed at how fast you guys are on these quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Okay, I'm all caught up. We were probably one of those many CRAZY people on the monorail on the 18th--as that was the day we went to the MNSSHP (our first) and it was a zoo with people coming and going.

We never had a problem with the crane when we went over Labor Day until about the 12th of September. Since we've been going later in the month the last two trips, that darn thing is always in my pictures (I have to see if I can find someone who knows how to chop it out of my pictures). I'm not sure if it is painting or them starting to put up the Christmas lights.

Mark, I love the picture of you in front of IASW...that was my reaction when I heard the news before we even left.

I agree with you on the Riverside Mill. Although we've never stayed at POR, we have gone over a number of times to eat there and it is great.

Poor Scotty...I hope things get better as you go along.
A zoo is right! I'll assume you weren't with the guy who cut us off from the monorail.

Sounds like the consensus on the crane is that they're hanging Christmas lights.

I hope you can at least see the level of compassion we have as Scotty's parents and nominate us for Parents of the Year. He's frightened and bawling his eyes out, and we just snap pictures of him.
Captain_Oblivious is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 02:13 PM   #161
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 38,889

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
+1
I hope you can at least see the level of compassion we have as Scotty's parents and nominate us for Parents of the Year. He's frightened and bawling his eyes out, and we just snap pictures of him.
Absolutely!!!! I would have done the same thing.
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 02:14 PM   #162
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,563

Current Standings After 5 Entries

Trennr 5
FreezinRafiki 4
glennbo123 4
MissLiz 3
Middlepat 2
That's Nice 2
Melk 1
LegoMan3 1
Captain_Oblivious is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 02:16 PM   #163
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 38,889

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Current Standings After 5 Entries

Trennr 5
FreezinRafiki 4
glennbo123 4
MissLiz 3
Middlepat 2
That's Nice 2
Melk 1
LegoMan3 1
This explains why Nate (Trennr) doesn't take many pictures on vacation; he has his nose in a movie trivia book.
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 02:44 PM   #164
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....
 
trennr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Jonesborough, TN
Posts: 3,997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
+1
Still amazed at how fast you guys are on these quotes.
OK I scan my e-mail update for anything that "Stands-Out" as a possible quotes. There have been a few that I could not place...but sounded familiar.

I still think "join with me now as I recount every part of the trip in excruciating detail" is from some movie...TV Show...or something...I've heard it before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
This explains why Nate (Trennr) doesn't take many pictures on vacation; he has his nose in a movie trivia book.
No not really...since 1995 my Movie watching library has been mostly animated...I have gotten Cars, Monsters Inc. both Cartoons...then Spaceballs was a gimme from Barry's TR...Forrest Gump which is probably my all time favorite movie...and one from The Fugitive which I believe was a BC (Before Children) movie. Also the Fugitive and Forrest get regular airtime on cable/satelite channels...which I almost always stop and watch a few minutes of while channel hopping.
__________________
trennr is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #165
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
OK I scan my e-mail update for anything that "Stands-Out" as a possible quotes. There have been a few that I could not place...but sounded familiar.

I still think "join with me now as I recount every part of the trip in excruciating detail" is from some movie...TV Show...or something...I've heard it before.

No not really...since 1995 my Movie watching library has been mostly animated...I have gotten Cars, Monsters Inc. both Cartoons...then Spaceballs was a gimme from Barry's TR...Forrest Gump which is probably my all time favorite movie...and one from The Fugitive which I believe was a BC (Before Children) movie. Also the Fugitive and Forrest get regular airtime on cable/satelite channels...which I almost always stop and watch a few minutes of while channel hopping.
I'm sure many TV shows have used "Join with me now" as an intro, but I wasn't thinking of anything in particular when I wrote that part.

I do the same thing--when certain movies are on TV, I just can't help but stop and watch them.
Captain_Oblivious is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: