Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

No kids, no husbands & no rain! Girls weekend at BWI! - NEW 11/12 p16 -The End!

Welcome to my girls weekend trip report!!

Who are we?

Iím Amy! Iím a SAHM to two amazing boys (7 & almost 10), a part-time bookkeeper & volunteer. I think this is my fifth TR. I got hooked on the DIS in planning for our 2007 family trip. I have two other trips in the works, The DIS Spectrum Moms trip in January & our next family trip in Feb/March. I got an AP last April & am so happy that I will using it for four trips!! I have several TR/PTR links in my signature if you want to read more about my family or my previous & upcoming adventures.

Unfortunately we don't have many photos of ourselves... We do have a bunch of photopass pictures... but you know how that works. I'll post them when I get them.

So for now you get this:

My traveling companion is Laura, who also happens to be my next door neighbor! We run the PTO together & are on the Board of Directors of our local early intervention agency together. Obviously we see a lot of each other so I donít think either of us was concerned that we would have any problems traveling together (and we didnít)! Laura is a historian, working at the historical society in a town nearby two day per week and a SAHM on the other days. She has two girls who are 8 & 11.

When?

Thursday 9/30 Ė Sunday 10/3

Where?

We originally booked Port Orleans Riverside Ė and upgraded to a water view room shortly after booking. Then I stumbled across an amazing sale on Orbitz and we booked BWI for three nights for $400!!

I canít even believe we did this, but we went back and forth about which reservation to keep!! Iím soooooo happy we stuck with BWI Ė and Laura is too!

Why?

We needed a break and had been talking about going to Disney for a couple years now. Why the title? Well we were without kids & without husbands so that part is obviousÖ but we were very concerned about rain & even the potential for hurricane Nicole leading up to our trip. Iím happy to report we didnít see a drop of rain during our trip!

Thanks for reading!!

Up next: Arrival Day!

Links:
Arrival Day - Part one
Arrival Day - Part two
Hollywood - part one
Hollywood - part two
Hollywood - part three
Backlot Tour & What time is dinner? part one
Backlot Tour & What time is dinner? part two
Day One Recap
A walk to Epcot - part one
A walk to Epcot - part two
Life Update
Shopping
Teppan Edo & Saving the World
Back to the Future then more WS
Via Napoli, Boulangerie Patisserie & Illuminations
Day two recap & Photopass
DTD Shopping Time!!
A Magical Night at the Kingdom
A Magical Night at the Kingdom - part 2
Bye Bye BWI
Bye Bye BWI - part 2
More Epcot Fun
More Epcot Fun - part 2
So sad to say good-bye...
So sad to say good-bye... part 2
Life Update
The End!

Last edited by DisMomAmy; 11-12-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Could it be? Am I first? Going back to read!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2010, 12:14 PM   #3
johnsonmatt3
Let us not lose sight of one thing, It was all started by a mouse. - Walt Disney

second yay!!!
Welcome aboard the Walt Disney World monorail system.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3074209
Old 10-06-2010, 12:16 PM   #4
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Arrival Day!! Part 1

Day one started REALLY early when the alarm rang at 4am! I got myself ready then drove all the way next door to pick up Laura at 4:45. Itís creepy outside at 4:45 am! The drive to the airport was uneventful. We boarded A60 & B11. I took the aisle and Laura sat in the middle. The flight was pretty full so a man joined us. A big man. That was fine, except he slept almost the whole way to Orlando! And he SNORED Ė I mean really SNORED Ė really really loud! We tried to drown him out with our ipods, but nothing helped. I felt bad for Laura. There was also a mom and son in front of us watching a movie without headphones! Uggghhh! It all worked out OK though as we arrived in Orlando on time around 10am and were on the ME bus by 11:00.

And we got the front row:

While we were on the bus, I checked my LINES app while we were on the bus & the FPs for TSM were already gone.

We made one stop at POR, which I kind of enjoyed since Iíve never been there and Laura & I originally had a reservation there.

Next stop was BWI! (The bus was also heading to the BC & YC.)

Continued next post...
Old 10-06-2010, 12:18 PM   #5
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Arrival Day!! Part 2

Continued from previous post...

When we checked in we were pleasantly surprised to find our room ready at 11:45 am!! We were told we had a good room. I asked if we had two beds and we were told yesÖ that we had two beds plus a sofa bed so we could offer to take someoneís child for the night! She also mentioned that we should be able to see some fireworks from our room! I couldnít wait to see it!!

We decided to head to concierge so Laura could get her park ticket right away. I took a few pictures while she took care of that.

Then it was time to see our room!!! We went up to the fifth floor and found our room only about four doors from the elevator!!

We opened the door & the room is GORGEOUS!!!

Then we opened the curtains and saw the view we had hoped for!

(Notice the Eiffel Tower in the background.)

To the left:

To the right:

We got settled in (no luggage yet so it didnít take long) and headed right back out to DHS! But how do we get there?
Old 10-06-2010, 12:20 PM   #6
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Could it be? Am I first? Going back to read!
Yes!! You are first!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonmatt3 View Post
second yay!!!

You guys are fast!! I hadn't finished posting... I put up two more updates!
Old 10-06-2010, 01:11 PM   #7
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like

Hi Amy!! Can't wait to hear all about your girls weekend!! The Boardwalk looks beautiful and a room that faces Epcot, awesome!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 01:22 PM   #8
SimmerBaggins
DIS Veteran

Hey, I'm doing a girl's weekend with my BFF in February, so I can't wait to read what you ladies did!!

Two moms get away to act like teenagers...or do they? http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2739158
Old 10-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #10
20thingamabobs
DIS Veteran

Just saw that you started your TR! The Boardwalk looks awesome! I can't wait to stay here some time! And I really can't wait to hear all about your trip! I'm glad you didn't have any rain!

Wanted to add how excited I am to be on the first page - that's never happened before, I'm always so late...
Past Trips:Summer '87: Don't know the details - I was one..., Summer '90: CBR, Summer '95: Dixie Landings, Summer '00: Dixie Landings, Summer '03: AKL, August '05: Offsite, March '07: POR, March '08: POFQ, May '08: SSR, October '08: ASSp, March '09: POFQ, April '10: Poly, June '10: ASMo, November/December '10: CSR, January '11: BLT, March '11: Offsite/Disney Dream/Boardwalk, May '11: AKL-Kidani, DL Sept '12: Offsite, Sept/Oct '11: ASMu, Dec '11: Offsite, WDW Jan '12: Caribbean Beach , DL Jan '12: Offsite, Feb '12: Beach Club , May '12: AKL, June '12: 1 Day Disneymoon, Sept '12: offsite, Oct '12: Pop, Dec '12: Offsite, DL Jan '13: GC, Feb '13: PO-R
Upcoming Trips:WDW July '13, DL Sept '13: GC

Old 10-06-2010, 03:21 PM   #11
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

So nice that your room was ready before you headed to the park. You were so worried about keeping that ressie too! Trust in Mickey!!!

Old 10-06-2010, 04:48 PM   #12
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post

We got settled in (no luggage yet so it didnít take long) and headed right back out to DHS! But how do we get there?
I say that you walked - for no other reason than you "could" - you'd been stuck on a plane and the ME bus, it's a beautiful day....and it's just right there. : or maybe you danced your way . But no way did you get in line for a bus

Organ Donors Save Lives www.lifegoeson.com RIP Bret 10-10-62 to 11-26-08
Thank you to the family who cared enough to share! (Kidney recipient 2/22/11)
Old 10-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #13
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

did I make page one...or not?

whew!

yay for easy arrival...eh for the snorer. Love LOVE the view, you'll have to give me the location words on that so I can try and request that for Matt and I for next yr Oct. love it! of course though we'll only need that one bed....hehehe

Can't wait for all the goods, photos and more!!!

J~

OH PS I wish you could buy that Mickey housing decor stuff...the lamps and shower curtain are great...I love the bed bolster from CSR from Steph's TR too...

Last edited by mousescrapper; 10-06-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:44 PM   #14
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Joining in on the fun!

BWI is beautiful!!! I'm definitely adding it to my list of must-try resorts.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:35 PM   #15
irish dancer
DIS Veteran

Ouch, that was an early wake up but it is worth it to get to WDW so early in the day. Yuck on the snoring man.

Wow, love the room and view! Have never stayed at BWI but hope to give it a try sometime although it'll be in the villas. It'll probably have to be a trip sans kids though as the points for a 2br are high.

Can't wait to hear all about the weekend.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: