Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2010, 07:09 PM   #1
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

The Epic 16 day Feast...Oh, and we got married too! Update 11/17 Jiko

Background Info
Wow – what a trip…I have yet to figure out just how much weight I have gained on this trip, but it was definitely an epic food extravaganza to beat all others!

The trip began on September 18th, and I am sitting in the airport on our way home as I type this. That's right, we spent 7 days on DDP (with our wedding in the mix), 4 days on a DCL Cruise, and 4 days on the Super-Deluxe Dining Plan (I’ll explain this momentarily)!

Because it was our wedding trip, we traveled and dined with a whole bunch of others, but for the purposes of this report I’ll stick to reviews for just the food consumed by the 2 of us….believe me you’ll be shocked to see exactly how much we managed to consume…This is my first attempt at a dining review so hopefully I do OK!!

I’ll be doing a full trip report later for the trip in general with reviews on the resorts and the rest of our experiences, I’ll be sure to link to it here – for this one I’ll try to stick just to our dining experiences.

The first 7 nights we stayed at Boardwalk Villas using the regular Disney Dining Plan. After that we stayed at Poly for 1 night with no DDP, and then left for the 4 day Bahamian Cruise on the Disney Wonder.

We returned to 3 nights at Animal Kingdom Kidani on the Deluxe Dining Plan….however when we checked in I noticed they had given us 5 days worth of dining credits. Me, being the very honest person that I am (and not wanting to get charged for them later) went to the concierge to tell them about the mistake. After 30 minutes and 3 cast members trying to figure out what happened and how to fix it, then gave up and said “It's too much hassle and too risky to fix it, just keep them – Happy Honeymoon!” (apparently they would have had to actually cancel our reservation to change it and if they did that they may not have been able to reassign us a room or something...). It was just one more bit of Disney magic for our trip!!

After these 3 nights, we checked into Jambo with no dining plan for the last 2 nights…which was great because we used our leftover credits for our “checkout day” for lunch, dinner, and pizza delivery for the last day!! It worked out perfectly.

OK so I got a bit off topic there, sorry….you’ll learn as I go that I am long winded at times, as well as not the most “on task” person in the world…but you’re stuck with me at this point, so good luck!

The Cast
Me, Kelly – 33 years old…the planner of the family, I was responsible for not only planning our Disney Wedding and our own personal dining plans, but also somehow got nominated to plan the dining plans of 5 other groups attending the wedding…not sure how or why, but that’s how it happened. I’m a true foodie, will eat pretty much everything at least once, love sushi (actually anything containing rare or raw tuna) and desserts of all kinds. I am a very healthy eater in my “normal life” but throw it all out the window at Disney every time I go…I literally eat what I want when I want while on vacation…in my “normal life” you would never catch me eating, for example, deep fried batter covered in powdered sugar…but at Disney I say “bring on the funnel cake”!!

DH, Adrian – 27 years old and a “go with the flow” type of guy. He has input to where we eat and what we do, but he is pretty easily distracted, so I can easily switch things up without him really noticing . He loves basically all Disney food, but in particular was on the hunt for “the best steak ever”, something to compete with the Porterhouse he ate at Yachtsman Steakhouse last year. Did he find it? I’ll let you know later on…..

Where did we eat?
Most of our breakfasts were eaten in the room, or at CS locations, lunches were for the most part CS or snacks, with our big meals eaten at TS locations at dinner time.

In this report I’ll focus on the TS, but will add in brief reviews of the CS as I go through. I have lots of pics of almost all of our food, with the exception of most CS meals and some of the cruise food as well.

Day 1 – Tutto Italia (1 TS)
Day 2 – Whispering Canyon (1 TS)
Day 3 – Teppan Edo (1 TS)
Day 4 – Tony’s Town Square (1 TS)
Day 5 – HDDR (OOP - Wedding Day)
Day 6 – Wolfgang Pucks (1 TS)
Day 7 – Flying Fish (2 TS)
Day 8 – No TS
Day 9 – Kona Breakfast (OOP), Animator’s Palate Dinner
Day 10 – Parrot Cay (regular menu)
Day 11 – Parrot Cat (Pirate Menu)
Day 12 – Triton’s
Day 13 – Sanaa Lunch(1 TS), Artist Point (2 TS)
Day 14 – CRT Breakfast (2 TS), Narcossees Dinner (2 TS)
Day 15 – Boma Breakfast (1 TS), California Grill Dinner (2 TS)
Day 16 – San Angel Inn Lunch (1 TS), Jiko Dinner (2 TS)

Up next - the reviews start with Day 1 - Tutto Italia.

Last edited by daisygirl902; 11-17-2010 at 12:36 PM.
daisygirl902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:17 PM   #2
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

Count me in.
CONGRATS!!!

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Pooh&OurHunny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2010, 07:51 PM   #3
Koda Bear
Mouseketeer

Get home safely! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for more!!
Koda Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:11 AM   #5
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

Congratulations! Can't wait to read all of your reviews!
Old 10-06-2010, 10:47 AM   #6
lindsayp
Princess-in-training

grats! and i'm in!

Sherry Jessica Lindsay Trixie DB Damen

lindsayp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:38 AM   #7
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – Arrival Day, Tutto Italia Dinner

We arrived in time to unpack and shower up to head right over to EPCOT to meet our dining time of 6 PM for Tutto Italia. It was a great start to the trip, dining wise. The food and service were great and met our needs for a good solid arrival day.

We skipped the appetizers for this meal, although they served a great assortment of crusty breads with dishes of olives and marinated mushrooms for the table. Adrian doesn’t really like mushrooms but since all of us were raving about them he tried one and gave it a thumbs up! The bread came with a dish of tasty olive oil to dip it in, the only thing missing from the meal was a bit of balsamic vinegar drizzled into the oil….without it the oil was a bit bland for my taste.

Adrian eating his teeny-tiny Mushroom

Adrian had the Farfalle (bowtie pasta, Italian prosciutto ham, peas, parmesan cream). He proclaimed it the best pasta he has had in a long time. He loved the parmesan cream sauce, and the peas and prosciutto made it amazing. It was cooked perfectly and the flavors were great.

I had the Tortelli Di Vitello Al "Chianti" (veal and Chianti ravioli, parmesan cheese, sage butter, roasted tomato). The pasta was very obviously homemade and super tender, the meat filling was flavorful and had a melt in your mouth delicate texture, and the sauce was light and didn’t over power…it complimented the ravioli well and did not overwhelm the delicateness of the pasta. All in all a great dish!

For dessert he had the Chocolate Panna Cotta which was like a rich, delicious chocolate Jello. I know that doesn’t sound great but it really was….Jello was the only texture we could use to describe it though…but the flavor was amazing.

I had the Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake….which did not disappoint. As I said earlier I normally eat very healthy at home, so on vacation Cheesecake is one of my weaknesses…I always regret when I don’t order it and someone else does. This version was smooth, perfectly sweet, and had amazingly fresh flavors throughout.

We all enjoyed Tutto Italia immensely. It was Adrian’s parents first Disney experience and it was a great way to start an epic trip!!
Old 10-06-2010, 11:39 AM   #8
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh&OurHunny View Post
Count me in.
CONGRATS!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda Bear View Post
Get home safely! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for more!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Congrats! Cannot wait to read all about your trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfav4ever View Post
Congratulations! Can't wait to read all of your reviews!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayp View Post
grats! and i'm in!
Thanks for all of the well wishes and for following along everyone!!
Old 10-06-2010, 12:28 PM   #9
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on both your marriage and the free DXDP upgrade

Looking forward to the rest of your reviews.

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:20 PM   #10
butiflfeet
DIS Veteran

Congratulations and great start to your reviews! I can't wait for more
Old 10-06-2010, 05:38 PM   #11
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

Congratulations!! Great report so far, can't wait to hear more.

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:39 PM   #12
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

great start...

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Pooh&OurHunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:45 PM   #13
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie View Post
Congratulations on both your marriage and the free DXDP upgrade

Looking forward to the rest of your reviews.
Thanks a bunch! What I found even funnier about the "free upgrade" is that I had to basically argue with the lady at the front desk to even convince her that we had too many credits....she kept telling me that it was correct...I was like "OK I am happy to accept them, but let's do the math together....3 dining credits per day for each adult for 3 nights is 18 credits...we have 30." then she would stare at me blankly and say "No, 30 sounds right to me". It was kind of hilarious really...they never did figure out how it happened - apparently no one there had ever seen it before! Disney Honeymoon Magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butiflfeet View Post
Congratulations and great start to your reviews! I can't wait for more
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess aleya View Post
Congratulations!! Great report so far, can't wait to hear more.
Oh you will!! Day 2 should be up tomorrow morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh&OurHunny View Post
great start...
Thanks!
Old 10-06-2010, 05:57 PM   #14
lizzyb
DIS Veteran

Great start! Can't wait for the rest.
Oct. 23-28, 2007 Pop Century,July 12-19, 2008 Pop Century, Jan. 23-30, 2009 Pop Century, Jan.23-31,2010 POR, Aug. 28-Sept. 4, 2011 CSR, Aug.13-19, 2012 AoA, April 20-27, 2013 Disney Fantasy, Aug. 3-12, 2014 CR, April 25- May 2, 2015 Disney Fantasy

lizzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:17 PM   #15
bolgers love wdw
Wilderness Lodge Nuts :)

Yum,yum,yummy!!
Can't wait to read on!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: