Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2010, 05:53 AM   #151
momoflizandains
love "the world"

I just ran across your thread. Great motivation for me. Keep up the great work.
momoflizandains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:55 AM   #152
lolakat
DIS Veteran

Thank you for sharing your race report. Sounds like a wonderful, moving experience.
lolakat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2010, 12:20 PM   #153
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoflizandains View Post
I just ran across your thread. Great motivation for me. Keep up the great work.
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolakat View Post
Thank you for sharing your race report. Sounds like a wonderful, moving experience.
your welcome. It really was a great experience.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:51 AM   #154
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Wow. What an emotional race! I'm teary eyed just reading about your experience. Congrats to you!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:29 PM   #155
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Wow. What an emotional race! I'm teary eyed just reading about your experience. Congrats to you!
thanks carissa. I know it was quite emotional.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:45 PM   #156
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Race Update:

I completed my first 5.3 mile race today. This is the longest race I have participated in so far. It was a lot of fun.

It was the women's classic....supporting womens cancers. Only women can participate.

I ran this with my friend Ashley. Here we are waiting for the race to start.

The 5 mile race started first at 940am. It was a sunny day but cool and windy. I was freezing waiting to start but once we got going I warmed up quickly.

Here we are walking to the start

We somehow started in the front. We didnt plan it I guess we just werent really thinking. There were 350 participants and once we started it felt like all 348 of them were passing us.

We completed our first mile in 10:30 which is pretty fast for me but apparently still slow compared to everyone else. Ashley usually keeps a 10min pace for a 5K but since she has not run further than 3 miles she decided to hang back with me so that I can motivate her to keep going. Gotta love the girl she made me feel good for the day.

The first half of the run was pretty flat. Here we were approaching the 2.5 mile mark.

My parent and Ashley's husband were standing there to cheer us on which surprised us. It was a good motivation to keep on going. There was a paramedic cart there and I wondered why. Later my mom said a lady fell right before we got there. Poor thing.

The rest of the race was pretty boring. Not many supporters or music. There were 2 teenage boys during mile 4 standing and dancing on a picnic table cheering for us. It was quite funny and they were so cute I wanted to stop and give them a hug.

At the end of mile 4 there were 3 big hills kind of like an up down up down up down pattern. The downs were great but the ups were quite a killer. The first one I stopped to walk and at one point thought I would have to use my hands to crawl up it...it was so steep. The second and third we ran up. I was glad they came at the end because I think it would have really wiped me out in the beginning mentally.

Here we are completing mile 5 and rounding the corner to head to the finish.

We are still smiling!!!!!!

We started sprinting and then after a min or so I realized we still had a ways to go. i guess I thought .3 wasnt that far. I slowed down a bit because I could feel myself getting really out of breath. Ashley started to get ahead but noticed I was falling behind. She slowed down for me to catch her and we crossed the finish line together.

We completed it in 1 hour 2 min and 8 sec. a 11:57pace.
as we crossed we gave each other a high five. As we were walking away a reporter came over and asked our names and where we were from. I wonder if we will be in the paper tomorrow.

The post race food was good. We got a pink ribbon bagel from panera bread, pears, pretzels, and red robin gave out baked potatoe soup.

It was a great race and a great accomplishment. 13.1 miles here I come.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:11 PM   #157
VernRDH
Sharing the same birthday with my baby girl and Mickey Mouse

AWESOME job Lindsay!! I am super proud of you! You are so going to rock the Princess, I just know it!!

Keep up the good work, you are doing great!
VernRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:58 AM   #158
momof2minnies
DIS Veteran

Smile

WOW Lindsay there really are no words for that experience- I would have been a blubbering idiot through the whole thing.

You are looking great by the way- great job!

Linda
2000 OKW First trip with the kids,2001 OKW First time for my parents,2002 Marriott Grande Vista/OKW,2003 MGV,2004 OKW,2005 March Disney cruise/SSR, July-MGV, 2007 CSR, 2008 Clearwater-day trip, Marathon 2009 OKW,Nov. 2009 CSR then the Magic,Marathon 2010 OKW,June 2010 AKL,Marathon 2011 OKW, Anniversary 2011 POFQ,Disney Dream+BC 2012,Disney Fantasy 2013,Anniversary 2013 POR, Jan 2014 OKW

4/08 First half marathon- Oleksak lumber- Ma., 2:23:35
10/08 Second half marathon-Applefest-Hollis,NH.,2:17:05
01/09 First full marathon- Disney-5:39:24
01/10 5K and Half marathon- with my brother- Disney-2:43:42
01/11 5k and Half marathon-Disney- 2:11:46
4/12 5k Castaway Cay on the Dream with Arynn
momof2minnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:01 PM   #159
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernRDH View Post
AWESOME job Lindsay!! I am super proud of you! You are so going to rock the Princess, I just know it!!

Keep up the good work, you are doing great!
Thanks veronica. I need to get the link for the october boards seeing you on here just reminded me I havent made my way over and its past the middle of oct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2minnies View Post
WOW Lindsay there really are no words for that experience- I would have been a blubbering idiot through the whole thing.

You are looking great by the way- great job!

Linda
Thanks linda. Yes it was hard to keep the eyes dry but it was just such an amazing experience. One I will remember forever. Thanks for the compliment.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:32 PM   #160
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

It has been so long since I have posted in my journal. I am still working hard at my goal. The princess half marathon is only 3 weeks away. I leave for disney in 2 weeks and 4 days. I am so excited I cant hardly take it anymore. I wish I could leave tomorrow.

My weight loss has been somewhat stagnant the past few months. I am stuck around 180. I go up a few down a few. I am doing pretty well with my eating although I have had some cheat days more often than I would like. I think since I have started running for longer time frames it is messing my my metabolism.

So I know I am not even close to my weight loss goal but I am still very close to my half marathon completion goal.

Today I ran 10 miles. It is the farthest I have ever gone and I feel very good about it. I am a tad sore but not bad at all. I feel very strong and very ready for the princess.

I am making a promise to update my journal more and do my monthly pictures again. Even if I do look the same in each one.

I will post a new pic in the next week or 2 of my outift for the princess. I am still deciding on what to wear for sure.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:46 PM   #161
lolakat
DIS Veteran

Hi Lindsay,

Good to see you back to your journal. It's funny, I remember your journal was one of the first I read when I came to the WISH board. It helped to inspire me to write mine and to commit to doing a half marathon. I just finished it at Disney in January. Good luck with the Princess 1/2. I'm sure it will be a ton of fun and I hope you will come back and tell us all about it!
lolakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:36 PM   #162
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to see your outfit!

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ September 19-20 Solo Trip - Wilderness Lodge
MamaCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #163
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolakat View Post
Hi Lindsay,

Good to see you back to your journal. It's funny, I remember your journal was one of the first I read when I came to the WISH board. It helped to inspire me to write mine and to commit to doing a half marathon. I just finished it at Disney in January. Good luck with the Princess 1/2. I'm sure it will be a ton of fun and I hope you will come back and tell us all about it!
thanks for those kind words....I honestly thought no one even noticed that I havent posted didnt realize I had some followers. Congrats on doing your half marathon. That is such a great accomplishment. I am getting so excited for mine. I promise I will post about it. I most likely will do a TR when I return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaCrush View Post
Can't wait to see your outfit!
Its nothing super spectacular but I am going to run in it later to see how it feels so I think I will snap a picture and post it later too.

thanks for reading and commenting ladies.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:51 PM   #164
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

I do have 2 more weeks left before my goal date but here is a before and after. I am assuming not much will change in 2 weeks but if it does I will post another pic before I leave for disney.

The day I started a healthier me: 4-21-10 starting weight 215lbs.

Just about 10 months later my current weight 181.8. Total loss= 33.2lbs

This is also the outfit that I am planning on wearing to run the princess. Nothing fancy but my shirt does say princess with a tiara in rhinestones. I may be changing my shirt and getting a black tank in the running/moisture wicking material. The princess shirt is cotton and I am not sure how comfy it will be. I also may see what I can find at the expo.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:36 AM   #165
mikamah
DIS Veteran

It's so great to see the pics side by side!! You look awesome!! You can see such a difference all over, face, arms, legs, belly. You look so fit and fabulous!!!

You are at my first big goal weight of 181!! When I hit 181 I will only be overweight, not obese!!!

It's sooooo close now!!! Can't wait to meet you there!!!

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: