Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #1651
FigmentLady
Mouseketeer

We were at the party on September 28th. It was awesome. The weather was AWFUL all day but at 7 on the dot it cleared up and we were able to take our ponchos off. I will post pics as soon as I can get them up.

We did not see the headless horseman that night. We thought maybe we just missed him but I heard a lot of people around the park asking about him so maybe he didn't ride b/c of how wet the ground was?

1985-2000 MANY off site trips. NYE 2008-Jan 09 - All Star Movies Sept 2009 - SSR Sept 2010 - POP March 2011 - OKW
My first trip report-Anniversary/1st dvc stay @OKW
FigmentLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #1652
Carolwoodpr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhay View Post
Here is a picture of the souvenir popcorn bucket during MNSSHP. Sorry I can only do this via link instead of having the picture show up itself!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51565129@N08/5018550019/
Oh my! I had never planned on getting the popcorn bucket until you showed the picture. That is absolutely adorable and a total must for me!
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2010, 10:16 PM   #1653
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentLady View Post
We were at the party on September 28th. It was awesome. The weather was AWFUL all day but at 7 on the dot it cleared up and we were able to take our ponchos off. I will post pics as soon as I can get them up.

We did not see the headless horseman that night. We thought maybe we just missed him but I heard a lot of people around the park asking about him so maybe he didn't ride b/c of how wet the ground was?
He rode the 2nd parade. 1st one was too wet.
kwitcherkicken99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:19 PM   #1654
eporter66
DIS Veteran & DVC Owner at SSR

We are going on our trip this year, just trying to decide on what date to pick. I think we are going with Tuesday Oct 19th.

We are taking our DD6 as a surprise. Not sure what myself and the wife will be dressed up as, but we are always looking for something new to do at WDW, and since we have never done this event - we are pretty psyched!

Here is our plan - let us know if it makes sense :

1. Get there @ 4:00 and do some rides. I know the park will still have many people there with the day pass, but thought this would give us time to get a few rides in early
2. We wont do much trick or treating. Our DD6 is not big on candy (really), so I am sure we will hit a few spots.
3. Not sure what characters she really wants to see, we will have to figure that out
4. Definitely the late parade
5. Good spot for the fireworks

I think that is about all we really want out of the evening. Looking forward to this - sounds like a blast

Thanks for all the tips, I have plenty of reading before the trip
9/97-CBR 10/99 - Offsite 10/03 - WL 11/03 - DVC Member SSR 05/04 - SSR 01/06 - SSR 10/06 - BWV 01/07 - SSR 02/08 - OKW 10/08 OKW 03/09 - All Star Movie (Disney Half Marathon)10/09-AKV 10/10 - AKV 10/11 - AKV 10/12 SSR 10/13 - SSR10/14 - SSR

Last edited by eporter66; 10-04-2010 at 10:31 PM.
eporter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:48 AM   #1655
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eporter66 View Post
3. Not sure what characters she really wants to see, we will have to figure that out
DONT GIVE HER A CHOICE OF who to see- that way if you dont see that character there isnt disappointments.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:21 AM   #1656
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by eporter66 View Post
Here is our plan - let us know if it makes sense :

1. Get there @ 4:00 and do some rides. I know the park will still have many people there with the day pass, but thought this would give us time to get a few rides in early
2. We wont do much trick or treating. Our DD6 is not big on candy (really), so I am sure we will hit a few spots.
4. Definitely the late parade
5. Good spot for the fireworks
1. That was our plan. We were delayed an hour due to rain, I was so worried they'd call it with the lightening (9/28). We got everything done that we planned to.
2. Neither did we. I think we hit up 3-4 spots and still had enough candy for both kids.
3. Do you have the list??? If not, I can help.
4. We did parade #2, showed up 20 minutes before and sat right in front of the castle, front row.
5. You shouldn't have trouble here either.
kwitcherkicken99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:15 AM   #1657
laughinplace2
Mouseketeer

Im going ON Halloween. Do you think getting there at 5 would be too late...would the line already be really long to get in? Or would that be okay?

My Disney trips:
March 1987 with my parents, 1988 with my mom and Aunt, Summer 1994 with Aunt, Grandma and cousin, July 2000 with dad and siblings, August 2007 with my sister, May 2008 with my best friend-Pirate & Princess Party , April 2010 with my mom, Halloween 2010
, August 2011, January 2012-First Disney Cruise!, May 2012-Star Wars Weekend! Christmas 2012 June 2013, first solo trip, August 2013-First trip to Disneyland/D23 Expo!April 2014, Easter WeekJune 2014, 2nd trip to Disneyland!!! October 2014 First RunDisney Event, WDW
laughinplace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:53 AM   #1658
NMK62303
Mouseketeer

We were at the MK two years ago on Halloween when people were coming in for the party -- we were leaving to trick or treat at the Fort - and there was a steady stream of partygoers coming in on Main Street! We sat for awhile on the curb and watched folks come by in their costumes. I would say you will be fine coming in at 5pm, there will be people in line but it shouldn't be too bad as you will be plenty early, have fun!

NMK62303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:59 AM   #1659
Amirah95
I'm ALLLLLLMOST there!

We need to make sure our DD2 gets a nap before the party so we're not going to make it to MK until at least 5:30pm...maybe closer to 6pm. We're going to be up early for our 8:15am ADR at CM and then we're going to tour CR for a little bit and try to get back to the resort around 11am or noon for naps and to get ready for MNSSHP. I hope we can get her napping on time and then up on time to get to the party. We're going on the 31st! I can't wait!

If we get there around 5ish we're going to spend most of our time at Adventurland and Liberty Square...we have an ADR for LTT at 6:50pm which I may cancel because it's just too close to party time and we take a long time to eat. I'm not able to get anything earlier unfortunately so we may just have to do CS for dinner. *shrugz*

Proud Disboards.com Member! Park Commando & Roadtripping Family! Mom of 2 Girls! I my Grandboy!
Maleficent/Dr. Facilier/Oogie Boogie/Scar/Yzma Villains Pin Collector & Trader *Planning Nut*
Packing for Kids Roadtrip Menu Stroller Debate Rider Switch Primer NJ Roadtrippers 2,000+ Mile Roadtrippers - II-III-IV
Amirah95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:06 AM   #1660
laughinplace2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMK62303 View Post
We were at the MK two years ago on Halloween when people were coming in for the party -- we were leaving to trick or treat at the Fort - and there was a steady stream of partygoers coming in on Main Street! We sat for awhile on the curb and watched folks come by in their costumes. I would say you will be fine coming in at 5pm, there will be people in line but it shouldn't be too bad as you will be plenty early, have fun!

Thanks! Becuase we are doing Epcot that morning but we dont want to get up too too early so we probably wont leave Epcot til 2 or so then we want to rest a little.

My Disney trips:
March 1987 with my parents, 1988 with my mom and Aunt, Summer 1994 with Aunt, Grandma and cousin, July 2000 with dad and siblings, August 2007 with my sister, May 2008 with my best friend-Pirate & Princess Party , April 2010 with my mom, Halloween 2010
, August 2011, January 2012-First Disney Cruise!, May 2012-Star Wars Weekend! Christmas 2012 June 2013, first solo trip, August 2013-First trip to Disneyland/D23 Expo!April 2014, Easter WeekJune 2014, 2nd trip to Disneyland!!! October 2014 First RunDisney Event, WDW
laughinplace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:21 AM   #1661
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirah95 View Post
We need to make sure our DD2 gets a nap before the party so we're not going to make it to MK until at least 5:30pm...maybe closer to 6pm. We're going to be up early for our 8:15am ADR at CM and then we're going to tour CR for a little bit and try to get back to the resort around 11am or noon for naps and to get ready for MNSSHP. I hope we can get her napping on time and then up on time to get to the party. We're going on the 31st! I can't wait!

If we get there around 5ish we're going to spend most of our time at Adventurland and Liberty Square...we have an ADR for LTT at 6:50pm which I may cancel because it's just too close to party time and we take a long time to eat. I'm not able to get anything earlier unfortunately so we may just have to do CS for dinner. *shrugz*
I would cancel, and just eat CS. I would not want to spend that much to go to the party, and then spend that time eating.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:49 AM   #1662
crain
Earning My Ears

I just returned from the party on October 3 and had a great time! The lines for the characters were long all night, but the ride lines were super short. One of the highlights that I have not seen mentioned in this thread is Cruella deVil. She is hilariously funny while she is taking photos after the Villians Mix and Mingle. People were just standing listening to her commentary.

One question, what is the name of the character at the Haunted Mansion who sits on a bench and heckles the people entering the ride? She was also very funny!
crain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:14 PM   #1663
Amirah95
I'm ALLLLLLMOST there!

Did anyone see Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen at the party anywhere?

Proud Disboards.com Member! Park Commando & Roadtripping Family! Mom of 2 Girls! I my Grandboy!
Maleficent/Dr. Facilier/Oogie Boogie/Scar/Yzma Villains Pin Collector & Trader *Planning Nut*
Packing for Kids Roadtrip Menu Stroller Debate Rider Switch Primer NJ Roadtrippers 2,000+ Mile Roadtrippers - II-III-IV
Amirah95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:22 PM   #1664
lizlovesdisney
Mouseketeer

Yipee!

Look at my ticker! It's almost time! Mickey, here we come!
Old 10-05-2010, 12:22 PM   #1665
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentLady View Post

I was at the Studios that day. That storm was horrible.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: