Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2010, 10:05 PM   #631
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

YAY!!

One point to ME!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:09 PM   #632
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Dang! I missed it! I would have gotten it right two. I knew they were from 101 Dalmations...
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2010, 10:55 PM   #633
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
YAY!!

One point to ME!
Very yay! glad you got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Dang! I missed it! I would have gotten it right two. I knew they were from 101 Dalmations...
Maybe you'll get next week's you never know!

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:25 AM   #634
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

So I already posted in the land of the last, but thought I would let you know that I started my PTR and have link in my siggie...Only 12+ months to go
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 05:30 AM   #635
DisneyFirefly

Awesome! I went and subscribed I'll be starting my next PTR when I get back from Disney and have this TR finished. I'm hoping it won't take too long because of the lack of a proper computer, but you never know, right?

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
Old 10-02-2010, 09:01 AM   #636
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Oh, I wish I saw the game last night, I actually knew they were Jasper and Horace, I love 101 Dalmations!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:25 AM   #637
DisneyFirefly

Maybe you'll get it next week I'm not sure how many people will know the next two pictures.

Me DF
Old 10-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #638
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Dang it! I missed it again! And I was thinking about this movie last night too! I've been wanting to watch it but someone has been attached to his xbox

I'm at the eye doctor right now waiting for my pupils to dilate..and of course for the first time in a week the sun is out today! My eyes hurt! LOL
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:26 PM   #639
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Dang it! I missed it again! And I was thinking about this movie last night too! I've been wanting to watch it but someone has been attached to his xbox

I'm at the eye doctor right now waiting for my pupils to dilate..and of course for the first time in a week the sun is out today! My eyes hurt! LOL
That's funny Were your ears burning?

Oh, I always hated having my eyes dilated. I haven't had that done in years, though, thankfully. It's sunny here, but cold can't wait to be in Florida.

Me DF
Old 10-02-2010, 09:23 PM   #640
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

I'll bite!

Why do you need to have your eyes dilated?

ps. Weather is gorgeous in Melbourne. Sunny, 20 C, blue sky and balmy breezes. Nice acclimatising transitional weather from our winter to Florida!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #641
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Yay for your trip being right around the corner!!! I knew those guys were from 101 Dalmations, but I probably would not remember their names! Glad your tooth is better, I am having minor tooth issues but I'm going to the dentist on Wednesday so fingers crossed, the issue will be solved! It's one of my wisdom teeth (I still have all 4, which is why I am extra smart... right??) but it was formed incorrectly so there is a hole which could become a cavity, so they have to "patch" it. It's supposed to be a quick procedure, but it has gotten worse so I don't know what will happen. I thought of you when I saw Clara Cluck in the Boo to You Parade!!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:40 PM   #642
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
Yay for your trip being right around the corner!!! I knew those guys were from 101 Dalmations, but I probably would not remember their names! Glad your tooth is better, I am having minor tooth issues but I'm going to the dentist on Wednesday so fingers crossed, the issue will be solved! It's one of my wisdom teeth (I still have all 4, which is why I am extra smart... right??) but it was formed incorrectly so there is a hole which could become a cavity, so they have to "patch" it. It's supposed to be a quick procedure, but it has gotten worse so I don't know what will happen. I thought of you when I saw Clara Cluck in the Boo to You Parade!!
That happens a lot I was just refreshing this Disney character wiki's random page and saving photos of characters who weren't fairly common.

My tooth is much better. The socket's healing over, and I'm eating normally. I took a Vicodin yesterday, but only because I didn't want to take a chance at being in pain when I went to Six Flags with my parents (which was fun). I have my follow-up on Wednesday, actually, so I'll be thinking of you while I'm there I hope that'll be a simple procedure Mine was fairly easy once I got to the oral surgeon.

Yay for recognizing Clara Cluck! I seriously hated that chicken while I worked there. No one knew who she was!

Me DF
Old 10-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #643
DisneyFirefly

I went to Six Flags last night with my parents for Fright Fest. Either because of the weather or the fact that there was a Chicago Bears football game, it was DEAD. Almost all of the rides were walk-on. We were able to hit all the major coasters, plus a bunch of other rides, in four hours. I have pictures and stuff, but my camera batteries are dead. I'm hoping to snag the batteries from the lobby TV remote (I'm at work) just so I can upload them and then put the batteries back, but we'll see

Me DF
Old 10-05-2010, 04:28 AM   #644
DisneyFirefly

So, as I mentioned in my last post, my parents and I went up to Six Flags yesterday to go to Fright Fest, which is their annual Halloween thing. It was a pretty good time Here's a mini-TR and some pics for you guys. Be warned, if any of you don't like clowns, there are a couple "scary" clowns in here.

The park was DEAD, so just about everything was a walk-on or less than 20 minute wait. Unlike MNSSHP or HHN, Fright Fest is included in general admission. It's not a separate ticket. But still, we got there around 3:30 or 4 and all cars were parked in the front parking lot with room to spare (there's the front "preferred" lot and then the back, larger "basic" lot).

We went on the carousel, as we'd just eaten and my dad didn't want to go on any roller coasters just yet.

After that, we went to the bumper cars, which is normally named Rue Le Dodge. For Fright Fest, it's Rue Le Morgue and done up with black lights, curtains, and rock music

We kept walking and my parents decided to go on the Superman ride. I didn't go, as I think I'm too big for the harness. This was a recurring theme, but I was basically designated bag holder for the evening, which was fine. After they got off that, we went on The Dark Knight, which could have been a LOT better for the money they put into it. It's basically just a black light wild mouse ride (like Primeval Whirl) that doesn't spin with every turn.

Toward the end of the line, there's a motion capture screen that does this to your face:

I liked taking pictures of the decor and the characters.

Roaring Rapids is exactly like Kali River Rapids. During Fright Fest, they used to dye the water red and keep the ride open. It wasn't open or dyed yesterday, so I don't know if it's open this year.

My mom with some corn stalks.

We were waiting for my dad to get off Ragin' Cajun, which is a true wild mouse coaster and identical to Primeval Whirl. Neither my mom nor I can do spinny things, so we waited for him at the exit.

He looked really cool, but you could see the seams in his makeup.

She was pretty cool, too.

At this point, my parents went on Batman (which I couldn't fit in high school and I know I can't fit now unless they redesigned the harnesses, which I highly doubt). I was designated bag holder again, and took some pictures while I was waiting.

Me DF
Old 10-05-2010, 04:29 AM   #645
DisneyFirefly

They have this old-fashioned swing ride called the Whirligig, and my dad loves it, so he went on.

I was asking if he wanted pop and he was trying to decide what he wanted, since they have these season-long refillable cups and subsequent refills are only a buck. I bought one in May

I think he may not be able to go on it again

After this, my mom stopped for a cigarette and then we wandered over to another part of the park.

This ride used to be at a park called Kiddieland out in Melrose Park, which is about twenty minutes from my house. Great America bought it after Kiddieland closed last fall. My parents were THRILLED.

I didn't want to go on, so I was bag holder again.

This is one of the things I hate about Six Flags:

The incessant advertising. There were actually three more ads to the right that I couldn't fit in the photo.

We wandered a little more, and my parents decided to go on Iron Wolf, which is a standing and looping coaster. I didn't want to go on (I was avoiding the major rides because I'm paranoid about being told to leave because of my weight), so I waited for them and got some popcorn and saw this guy roaming around.

After Iron Wolf, my parents went on American Eagle, which is a classic wooden racing coaster. The last time I went on it, I could barely fit and decided not to go on it this time (since the last time was in May). That was the longest wait for them I had all day and by the time they came out, I was in search of hot chocolate. I couldn't find it ANYWHERE. Not even coffee!

After the Eagle, we wandered a bit more and I found a stand that had a tub of hot chocolate. It wasn't even hot. It was, like, lukewarm, but it was the last of it, so it was either that or nothing. My mom had a cigarette and I had my hot chocolate while my dad went on Giant Drop. I HATE Giant Drop. I went on it once and will never do it again. It's sort of similar to TOT, except that you SEE what's in front of you as you drop.

After that, my parents went on Raging Bull and I holded the bags and played a game on my iPod while waiting

Then we all went on Viper, which is another wooden coaster. I had trouble fitting, but oh well. My hip hurts a little today After Viper, we slowly made our way back up to the front of the park. We passed this lovely lady outside of a Saw movie maze.

While my dad and I waited for my mom to come out of the bathroom.

This guy was in their "town square-ish" area.

And then we wound up back on the carousel, because my dad wanted to ride this:

Yes, my dad wanted to ride the deer. When we'd gone on it before, he wanted to ride up top, then found out there was no deer, just horses. So we came back later and he got to ride the deer.

And this is me when we got home. We left around 8:30, so we did all that in only about 4 hours. I'm planning on getting my hair cut before my trip, which is why I took it, because PrincessInOz asked for a before shot

So that was our afternoon trip (since it wasn't even a full day) to Six Flags Great America's Fright Fest. It was fun, but so cold for early October, even in Chicago

Also?

17 days!

Me DF

Last edited by DisneyFirefly; 10-05-2010 at 04:44 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: