Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
ugadog99
Has been waiting patiently for a visit from the Tag Fairy and found that good things come to those who wait
Is on a hunt for the best Creme Brulee!
 
ugadog99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Too far from home
Posts: 6,540

Les Miserables Lovers...3rd UPDATE 10/18: Movie Dates!

2nd UPDATE: The 2010 cd recording will drop in stores on October 12th!

UPDATE: There are so many videos from yesterday, but these are two of my favorites. I could listen to this constantly.

One Day More Original Cast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8jVZrH0BpI

Bring Him Home (4 Valjeans): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGKu25VeeMA

Tell me how anyone could watch either of those and not be bawling by the end!


Today was the 25th anniversary concert of Les Miserables. The concert was held at the O2 Arena in London. For those that are Les Mis fans, the concert is supposed to be shown in the States in theatres beginning in mid November. Also, on the Les Mis official site, the US tour dates are beginning to appear. There should be more dates coming soon. Now, if we could just get a Broadway revival of the greatest musical ever written, I will be in true Les Mis heaven.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, there are tons of videos from today on youtube. One special highlight was a quartet of Valjeans singing "Bring Him Home." It included Alfie Boie, Simon Bowman, John Owen Jones, and the greatest Valjean of all time: Colm Wilkinson!
__________________

Last edited by ugadog99; 10-18-2010 at 02:06 PM.
ugadog99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:19 PM   #2
Mouse House Mama
Luckiest Mommy in the World!!!
Hello-Buddy the Elf what's your favorite color?!
I wonder if they make pullups for adults
I was not the farter- I was the fartee
 
Mouse House Mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The movie in my mind
Posts: 11,780

Loved Les Mis! Now if we can get Les Mis, Miss Saigon, and Rent all rolled into one long tour that would be the tri fecta for me!
__________________
I'm a diehard flip flopper!!!
Our Happy Family!!!
DHMEDS DDDS DD DD
Thanks be to God for this indescribable gift....
WL Sept. 2004,Poly June 2005,Poly April 2006 with Grandma & Grandpa, Pop Aug. 2006, WL Dec. 2006, FW Cabins Feb. 2007,AllStar Music Jan. 2008, Poly Aug. 2008,Yacht Club Aug. 2009, Poly Aug. 2009, Pop Aug. 2011, Pop May 2012, All Star Music June 2013, Bonnet Creek July 2013
Mouse House Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-03-2010, 08:42 PM   #3
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.
 
disneyfav4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 14,295

I love Les Mis, I remember watching the 10th anniversary concert on PBS when it aired.
disneyfav4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:43 PM   #4
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"
 
NikkiLovesWDW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Garwood, NJ
Posts: 9,420

Oooh that is exciting! I just started getting into Les Mis about a year or two ago but it's been in slots 1 and 2 on my 6-cd changer in my car since then! I would LOVE for it to come back to Broadway but the concert would be awesome too. DH saw it years ago last time in was on Broadway and he said after listening to the soundtrack for so long, it's kind of underwhelming because you build it so much in your imagination. That's why I'm thinking the concert might be even better.
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:12 PM   #5
SeaSpray


Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"
 
SeaSpray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,616

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfav4ever View Post
I love Les Mis, I remember watching the 10th anniversary concert on PBS when it aired.
I own that on DVD, I love it! I think that my DSs (now 22 and 19) were the only elementary school kids who knew all the words, from me playing it over and over! Back then, I had it on VHS tape. They got a kick out of the "charge 'em for the lice, extra for the mice" part, and then they were hooked! We've seen it on Broadway and in Boston, twice. My all-time favorite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugadog99 View Post
Today was the 25th anniversary concert of Les Miserables. The concert was held at the O2 Arena in London. For those that are Les Mis fans, the concert is supposed to be shown in the States in theatres beginning in mid November. Also, on the Les Mis official site, the US tour dates are beginning to appear. There should be more dates coming soon. Now, if we could just get a Broadway revival of the greatest musical ever written, I will be in true Les Mis heaven.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, there are tons of videos from today on youtube. One special highlight was a quartet of Valjeans singing "Bring Him Home." It included Alfie Boie, Simon Bowman, John Owen Jones, and the greatest Valjean of all time: Colm Wilkinson!
__________________
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
John Terry Craig Robby Mushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*












































































~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:19 PM   #6
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.
 
disneyfav4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 14,295

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
I own that on DVD, I love it! I think that my DSs (now 22 and 19) were the only elementary school kids who knew all the words, from me playing it over and over! Back then, I had it on VHS tape. They got a kick out of the "charge 'em for the lice, extra for the mice" part, and then they were hooked! We've seen it on Broadway and in Boston, twice. My all-time favorite!

Not the only kids, I would've only been 11 when the 10th anniversary happened, and my sister's younger then me, and she used to watch it all the time too.

We had the soundtrack on casette and completely wore it out.
disneyfav4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:23 PM   #7
SeaSpray


Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"
 
SeaSpray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,616

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfav4ever View Post
Not the only kids, I would've only been 11 when the 10th anniversary happened, and my sister's younger then me, and she used to watch it all the time too.

We had the soundtrack on casette and completely wore it out.
I stand corrected! You and your sister (and my DSs) had good taste in music, at a young age!

I was glad to expose my DSs to musicals, plays, etc from a young age, and it was nice that they enjoyed it. In recent years we've seen "Spamalot" and "Wicked", but they still say that Les Mis is their favorite.
__________________
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
John Terry Craig Robby Mushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*












































































~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:40 PM   #8
DisneyCP2002
I always am excited when 7 pm rolls
I felt a little off at first
 
DisneyCP2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: House of Mouse/Texas
Posts: 7,000

I love this musical. Unless a miracle happens and it lands in texas, I am planning a 4+ hour road trip to see it. I am hoping the concert tonight was taped and PBS or someone will be showing it.
__________________
DisneyCP2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:45 AM   #9
mjkacmom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 15,942

I saw it on Broadway, and loved it (my parents went every year to see it). For those of you in NJ, the Papermill is doing it next month, I believe (Hairspray this month).
__________________
Me DH dd14 ds13 dd10 ds8 dd8
mjkacmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:56 AM   #10
disneybound2010
DIS Veteran
 
disneybound2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 957

Big Les Mis fan here! I was lucky enough to have seen it on Broadway my junior year of high school. Words cannot begin to describe how amazing the experience was It is a memory I will never in a million years forget.

The only regret I have seeing it on Broadway was that the whole time I was watching, I kept turning to my Mom and my drama teacher and telling them that it just wasn't right without Lea Salonga and Colm WilkinsonIn MY eyes they are the ONLY Jean Valjean and Eponine.
__________________
Me DH DS

disneybound2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:58 AM   #11
tiggger1
I put vicks on my feet
It really cleans my floors and makes them softer!
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Southestern Massachusetts
Posts: 4,779

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse House Mama View Post
Loved Les Mis! Now if we can get Les Mis, Miss Saigon, and Rent all rolled into one long tour that would be the tri fecta for me!
love Miss Saigon!!!!!
__________________
Danielle DH :: Emma (9) (5)Chase
tiggger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:12 AM   #12
disneybound2010
DIS Veteran
 
disneybound2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 957

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugadog99 View Post
Today was the 25th anniversary concert of Les Miserables. The concert was held at the O2 Arena in London. For those that are Les Mis fans, the concert is supposed to be shown in the States in theatres beginning in mid November. Also, on the Les Mis official site, the US tour dates are beginning to appear. There should be more dates coming soon. Now, if we could just get a Broadway revival of the greatest musical ever written, I will be in true Les Mis heaven.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, there are tons of videos from today on youtube. One special highlight was a quartet of Valjeans singing "Bring Him Home." It included Alfie Boie, Simon Bowman, John Owen Jones, and the greatest Valjean of all time: Colm Wilkinson!
Have you ever heard Colm singing outside of Les Mis? He is AMAZING no matter what he is performing.

Here's two great performances for you. Hope you enjoy

House of the Rising Sun-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT3CJ...next=1&index=1

Imagine-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsVRZ13xVVk
__________________
Me DH DS

disneybound2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:20 AM   #13
ugadog99
Has been waiting patiently for a visit from the Tag Fairy and found that good things come to those who wait
Is on a hunt for the best Creme Brulee!
 
ugadog99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Too far from home
Posts: 6,540

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybound2010 View Post
Have you ever heard Colm singing outside of Les Mis? He is AMAZING no matter what he is performing.

Here's two great performances for you. Hope you enjoy

House of the Rising Sun-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT3CJ...next=1&index=1

Imagine-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsVRZ13xVVk
Yes, I'm just a huge fan of Colm Wilkinson period. He is amazing, and that version of Imagine is just beyond description.

From what I understand, yesterday's performances were taped. They will be bringing the taped concert to the States and putting it in theatres beginning in mid November. I know that there is a major tour scheduled to begin here in January. Initial dates are beginning to show on the official Les Mis site, and yes, being the total Les Mis nerd that I am, I'm also on the mailing list. I'll keep you all updated as I find out anything, but you can go to lesmis.com and register yourself!
__________________
ugadog99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:23 AM   #14
lauracitawita
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 143

My niece Katherine was cast as Cosette in the U.S. tour! Her flight actually leaves today for rehearsals starting on Thursday!

I am super excited for her and cannot wait!
lauracitawita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:49 AM   #15
Deb in IA
Knows that KIDS are better than cats
When do we leave for that nice long Hawaii vacation?
I'm a wimp, and I don't like food that hurts to eat
 
Deb in IA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Iowa City, IA (that's IOWA, not Idaho or Ohio)
Posts: 15,369

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
I own that on DVD, I love it! I think that my DSs (now 22 and 19) were the only elementary school kids who knew all the words, from me playing it over and over!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfav4ever View Post
Not the only kids, I would've only been 11 when the 10th anniversary happened, and my sister's younger then me, and she used to watch it all the time too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugadog99 View Post

From what I understand, yesterday's performances were taped. They will be bringing the taped concert to the States and putting it in theatres beginning in mid November. I know that there is a major tour scheduled to begin here in January. Initial dates are beginning to show on the official Les Mis site, and yes, being the total Les Mis nerd that I am, I'm also on the mailing list. I'll keep you all updated as I find out anything, but you can go to lesmis.com and register yourself!

Oh, this is GREAT news!!

DH and I saw it years and years ago, on the last US tour, and LOVED it!!!

Unfortunately, our kids were too young at the time to go. (As a rule, we started taking them to live stage shows after they were in first grade.)

But over the years, they have come to love musicals as much as we do - and have been in quite a few of them in school.

I have been hoping for at least the last 5 years that this would go on tour again, so that I can take the kids, now 19 and 15, to see this show that I KNOW they will love!!!

Keep me posted, ugadog99, OK? If there is any venues near us, we will be there!
__________________
Deb

"Children are our most valuable natural resource."
- Herbert Hoover, 31st President, native of West Branch, Iowa
Deb in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: