Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2010, 06:52 AM   #316
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
You are sooooo right! TRs take forever, but a great way to relive the trip!...I'm almost done with mine, too. One more installment and that's it. And by the way....congrats!!!!! How exciting for your family! Best of luck!
Thank you! I've definately enjoyed reading your TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd50 View Post
Don't think I could stay with writing one so never started one.

I see you will be going at Christmas which I knew but didn't know it would be your first time. Love it at Christmas time. We went one day last year but the high was 38 degrees so it much colder than normal and we only went to MK.
We are sooo looking forward to the Christmas trip! I hope it's a little warmer when we go! This will also be the longest trip we've ever taken to WDW! We start with one day at AKV and then a 3 night Wonder cruise, then 5 *free* nights off property, then 3 nights at BWV. We're really making good use of our APs!
Old 10-03-2010, 09:05 AM   #317
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Had to find this TR again. I'll really try to finish it up today! It's gone on too long! (I also haven't done the other half of my photobook for this trip!) The next trip is coming soon (2 months) so I better wrap this up. If I do a TR next time, it will be abbreviated--like Cliff notes! I know I'm going to take a million pictures since it'll will be our first Christmastime trip--and so many fun things going on!
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2010, 02:25 PM   #318
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

After watching the shuttle for a moment, we went to Monster's Inc. Ella was sleeping in her daddy's arms. I forgot how cute the show is. It was a good time. Ella woke up after the first few minutes too.

Time was running out, so we ambled toward Main Street. Much to Max's surprise and delight we ran into the TALKING GARBAGE CAN! For those of you who have hung in here through the whole report, perhaps you recall how Max checked every garbage can at Epcot to see if it talked. I told him there was only one talking garbage can and that it wasn't even at Epcot, but it didn't deter him!

I was surprised to see it there too, because it's a Tommorowland can and it was technically on Main Street. It was entertaining people waiting for the afternoon parade. Since the parade was about to start, we waited there to see it too.

Jacob was too hot, so he had to find a shady spot. Oh what a joy to be so little that you can find shade practically anywhere!

We had time to leisurely stroll through a few stores. We stopped by the art gallery where the boys had to color! What? After ten days of Disney, they think coloring is blast!?

Here are their masterpieces which a CM hung up for them and gave them certificates for being the artists of the day. Disney really does things right!

We had a couple more snack credits to use before we left, so one last stop...the confectionary.

DH always falls for the nut cluster thing, but always regrets it. I chose the huge peanutbutter cup. I regretted that too. It's not that it taste good, it was just too rich. It needed to be shared with like 8 people, and you really couldn't save it for later because it melts too fast in the heat. I should have just picked up a rice crispy treat or a drink or something. Oh well, I like trying new things and I wouldn't if it weren't for snack credits.

And finally, we have to say goodbye. I never want to go home, no matter how long we are in WDW! At least I know we'll be returning soon!

And that completes my TR! Thanks for reading along! I'll spend some time organizing it eventually. I'll put links on the first page to the updates--but it will probably take me another month! Bye for now!

Last edited by dr&momto2boys; 10-03-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:52 PM   #319
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Enjoyed reading along and looking at all the pictures! I'm a big picture person, too...you can never have too many, right!? I know what you mean about leaving WDW...always depressing. At least we always know there's a "next time"!!! We leave in 12 days for our surprise Halloween trip The kids have no clue...only 3 nights, but better than nothing. I'll be anxiously awaiting your Christmas trip report

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
Old 10-03-2010, 09:41 PM   #320
ilovepete
DIS Veteran

Just read the whole thing. I enjoyed it very much, thank you for posting it!
Old 10-06-2010, 09:13 AM   #321
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
I'll be anxiously awaiting your Christmas trip report
I'm making no promises!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepete View Post
Just read the whole thing. I enjoyed it very much, thank you for posting it!
Thank you!
Old 10-06-2010, 12:06 PM   #322
Lisa29
Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting your trip report. My DD has just turned 2 so I have been reading reports with kids around the same age and have gathered that a break to the pool is a must!

Hope everything is going well with baby number 4 and that your planning for your Christmas trip is going well too.

Five Little Ones Take the Adults - My 15 night SSR stay with DDP trip report

My Grand Villa at Bay Lake Tower pictures are HERE and HERE

I have no ticker.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:50 PM   #323
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Thanks for posting your trip report. My DD has just turned 2 so I have been reading reports with kids around the same age and have gathered that a break to the pool is a must!

Hope everything is going well with baby number 4 and that your planning for your Christmas trip is going well too.
Thanks! Starting the day early to avoid crowds and taking an afternoon break definately works the best for us! (There are days we break the rules though.) At age 2 our kids would often just nap in the stroller when they needed to, so we would occasionally pull an all day outing. Have a wonderful trip!
Old 10-06-2010, 04:32 PM   #324
Fall1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr&momto2boys View Post

We had time to leisurely stroll through a few stores. We stopped by the art gallery where the boys had to color! What? After ten days of Disney, they think coloring is blast!?

Here are their masterpieces which a CM hung up for them and gave them certificates for being the artists of the day. Disney really does things right!

I am so glad I read this, DS and DD will love coloring on Main Street! Your TR was fantastic. Loved reading along!
Oct 2004 GF/BC Honeymoon, Oct 2005 BC, May 2006 BC, Oct 2009 BCV (twins 1st trip!), Oct 2010 BCV, Feb 2011 AKV, Oct 2011 BCV, Dec 2011 AKV, Mar 2012 SSR, Nov 2012 BCV, Apr 2013 BCV, Oct 2013 SSR, Apr 2014 1st Disney Cruise!! & BCV
Upcoming December 2014 BCV & 1st Universal trip!
me DH DS 7 DD 7
Old 10-08-2010, 07:49 AM   #325
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Coloring on Main Street! It still cracks me up. I'm sitting there calculating how much we paid for tickets each day and there they are happy as clams, coloring! Well, whatever makes them happy!
Old 10-08-2010, 11:58 PM   #326
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

I just finished reading your TR, and you did an awesome job on it

Congrats on the new addition to your family
Old 10-09-2010, 12:33 PM   #327
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
I just finished reading your TR, and you did an awesome job on it

Congrats on the new addition to your family
Thanks! I appreciate it!
Old 10-09-2010, 07:12 PM   #328
dd50
DIS Veteran

I love Monster's Inc. It is such a cute show. Glad Max got to see the talking garbage can as he looked for it through the whole trip. So cute.

Isn't it funny that they wanted to color but that is how my grandchildren are also. One was a little disappointed because they were meeting us at Disney instead of going to my house.

I have enjoyed your trip report and thanks for taking the time to share it with us.

Have a great trip in December and hopefully it won't be as cold as last year.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:02 AM   #329
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd50 View Post
One was a little disappointed because they were meeting us at Disney instead of going to my house.
So cute!

Thanks for sticking with me through this thing! I am really looking forward to our December trip now! We have two other trips before then (Atlanta and Las Vegas) for business, but the whole crew goes along. I'm not thinking about those trips at all--Just WDW!

Last edited by dr&momto2boys; 10-10-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:56 AM   #330
dd50
DIS Veteran

I am sure you will have a great time on your other trips if you get some time off but I am sure the rest of the family will find wonderful things to do.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: