Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
Happydog
DIS Veteran

One Happy Dog Family Lands it for Halloween -- 12/29 final post and MVMCP link!!!

It is FALL! The weather has finally cooperated! Fall is this east-coast DISer favorite time of year, well, I guess any time is my favorite time of year if it happens in Disney World, but this time, the season has changed and the location has changed! Welcome to a Happy Dog DISNEYLAND PTR!

As I said, with the onset of cooler temps it is time in our house to drag out the fall decorations and more importantly, time to pull out the movies inspired by the season… SO that includes a few Peanuts classics, like The Great Pumpkin and the Thanksgiving special -- BUT the most important DVD in our house for the next month IS:

The Nightmare before Christmas …

Can I tell you how much we love this movie??!! We watched it for the first time this year tonight! And so, perhaps it was the crisp fall air today and all the gourds and mums I bought, but all I know is that I am ready to plan my fall trip to DISNEYLAND!

Well, I have been planning it, a little here and there, the basics are done - resort, dining plans, tickets, that sort of thing - but I have yet to plan our Disney touring… I will say, I BOUGHT a book… But I have not even opened it…

SO, welcome to the latest Happy Dog and Family Disney Extravaganza, WEST COAST style!

We are LANDING it on October 29th… Between now and then I will share all the planning for our fall trip, as well as a few detours I have recently made... Who's who, our itinerary, and MORE, coming up! I hope you will come out to play!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *

Last edited by Happydog; 12-29-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Hard to find you over here.... but for sure want to read along!
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2010, 10:46 PM   #3
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Here for all the fall fun and Disneyland trip planning! (Fall is my favorite time of year, too!) Love, love, love The Nightmare Before Christmas! I think it is time for us to pull out our copy of it, too! There is nothing like singing the Oogie Boogie song to get a person in the mood for Halloween!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:57 PM   #4
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Hard to find you over here.... but for sure want to read along!
Hi!!! WELCOME!!! So glad to see two of my favorite DIS pals here to join me!
Yes, I had to figure out WHERE to post a DISNEYLAND PTR!!! I figured I better do it correctly, though, and stick it over here.... Hopefully the link will work! It is in my signature, too! Glad to have you along. How is school and YOUR school? Classes going alright?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Here for all the fall fun and Disneyland trip planning! (Fall is my favorite time of year, too!) Love, love, love The Nightmare Before Christmas! I think it is time for us to pull out our copy of it, too! There is nothing like singing the Oogie Boogie song to get a person in the mood for Halloween!
I know! I remember reading that on facebook! We finally have weather that merits calling it "fall"!!!! I resisted buying mums for the longest time...

I so get why Tim Burton's movie was inspired by the window decorations going from Halloween to Christmas. Already in TARGET they have one aisle that is Christmas right encroaching on the Halloween territory. CAN you believe that??!! I tell you, we have the movie and we watch it every weekend, and then we have a few CD versions too, which we listen to in the car... is it a bad thing if my kids can sing the whole song including the musical interludes???

I'll be back tomorrow with a proper update (I have lots of photos, including two boys thrilled by a package they got in the mail!!)

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 10-02-2010, 11:32 PM   #5
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I had a feeling you would be starting something tonight! So glad I was right!
Old 10-02-2010, 11:49 PM   #6
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Hi!!! WELCOME!!! So glad to see two of my favorite DIS pals here to join me!
Yes, I had to figure out WHERE to post a DISNEYLAND PTR!!! I figured I better do it correctly, though, and stick it over here.... Hopefully the link will work! It is in my signature, too! Glad to have you along. How is school and YOUR school? Classes going alright?

The link was kinda cut off... but I found it by searching.

Teaching is an adventure this year. As I told a good friend and former co-worker (at a new school) today I have not cried in a few weeks, it has been a hard start for me. We have a new assistant, a new principal, new job share partner (who taught older kids for her entire career so she was well shocked, and was just treading water for the first month) and a wild class. I finally feel in control and like I am able to teach, but of all my years this has been the most emotionally exhausting. Plus having a first grader at home is shocking... way harder to deal with her all day school than K last year.

I am taking one class too- good memory, online an admin class that is okay, but takes time. My DIS time has been cut, and it has been for the most part read breeze through only.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:11 AM   #7
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The link was kinda cut off... but I found it by searching.

Teaching is an adventure this year. As I told a good friend and former co-worker (at a new school) today I have not cried in a few weeks, it has been a hard start for me. We have a new assistant, a new principal, new job share partner (who taught older kids for her entire career so she was well shocked, and was just treading water for the first month) and a wild class. I finally feel in control and like I am able to teach, but of all my years this has been the most emotionally exhausting. Plus having a first grader at home is shocking... way harder to deal with her all day school than K last year.

I am taking one class too- good memory, online an admin class that is okay, but takes time. My DIS time has been cut, and it has been for the most part read breeze through only.
Oh goodness Laura, I had no idea this was going on! I wish you would have let me know! I don't know what I could have done but at least I would have listened and understood...
So sorry it has been such a difficult time for you!
Old 10-03-2010, 05:59 AM   #8
magichusky
Mouseketeer

Cool

Hi there!! I'm so excited b/c I just randomly read your Christmas TR from last year and I was browsing the DL section, saw "Happydog" and thought, my goodness what's Happydog doing all the way out here in the DL boonies?? I've been reading all of the Christmas WDW TRs I can find b/c my family and I are going to WDW this Christmas for the first time ever! I'm looking forward to reading about your DL adventure!
-In Progress- "I Don't Cruise… I Jingle Cruise." --A New Year's PTR--
magichusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:28 AM   #9
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know! I remember reading that on facebook! We finally have weather that merits calling it "fall"!!!! I resisted buying mums for the longest time...
It has been quite fall-like here this weekend, too -- long sleeves and jeans for the first time.

Quote:
I so get why Tim Burton's movie was inspired by the window decorations going from Halloween to Christmas. Already in TARGET they have one aisle that is Christmas right encroaching on the Halloween territory. CAN you believe that??!! I tell you, we have the movie and we watch it every weekend, and then we have a few CD versions too, which we listen to in the car... is it a bad thing if my kids can sing the whole song including the musical interludes???
Don't worry -- my kids knew all the words to all the songs at an early age, too. The music is just too catchy to resist playing it in the car.

Quote:
I'll be back tomorrow with a proper update (I have lots of photos, including two boys thrilled by a package they got in the mail!!)
Hurray!

Quote:
Oh, Laura, I am so sorry you have had a rough start! I did, too. It took me almost the entire first nine weeks to feel like I had my act together! I know only too well what you mean about it being an emotionally exhausting start to the year.
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:41 AM   #10
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Climbing aboard. Can't wait to hear all your DL fun! Would you believe I've never seen Nightmare before Christmas? I will have to add it to my list. I have heard amazing things about the Haunted Mansion overlay in California... promise to take LOTS of pictures!!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:47 AM   #11
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I'm so excited about your trip! I really want to get to Disneyland soon so this will be a great education for me.
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:47 AM   #12
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Climbing aboard. Can't wait to hear all your DL fun! Would you believe I've never seen Nightmare before Christmas? I will have to add it to my list. I have heard amazing things about the Haunted Mansion overlay in California... promise to take LOTS of pictures!!
OH of course I will!!! I have been scouring the Disneyland Halloween thread! SOOOOO exciting. I will take lots of pictures.

Hope you have a great time over in DisneyWORLD in just a few few days!!! Is it almost time for the single digit count down??!! WOOT!

Old 10-03-2010, 09:06 AM   #13
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

I'm here!! WOOT WOOT!!!! Yes I want tons of pictures of the Haunted Mansion LOL!! Maybe I should send you a stick "me" and you can take me on the ride with you LOL!!!!

Can't wait to hear more!!

OT: I'm with Laura and Jackie, but the whole new school thing, getting settled into a new routine the first 6 weeks has come and gone and I still feel I have days where its the first day of school all over again! I'm hoping at some point I will have that feeling of control over ALL my classes, But things are getting better!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:49 AM   #14
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

You all are too sweet! Only teachers get it! Things are getting into a routine and my kids, especially my real stinker is getting a lot better. Back to the fun planning Happy Dog... Doug has been to Disneyland for conferences, I sure hope he has another one again soon (he is in San Diego in Nov, close but no go for me this time).
Old 10-03-2010, 11:08 AM   #15
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

I love disneyland during this time of year. Can't wait.
HHI 2014

ME/DH/DS19/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 18 years
lovegrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: