Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-02-2010, 01:34 PM   #1606
Lou Holtz
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,356

It's four. Don't call and ask them next time. If it changes, there will be threads all over the place.


Also, to answer an age old question where there seems to be confusion: you can get a fastpass with just your MNSSHP ticket. It works. I bought APs, but am claiming them until Monday, so the party ticket was all I had to get in last night.
Lou Holtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #1607
pride4pride
Making the Magic Come True!!
 
pride4pride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondietink View Post
We have always been able to get into the special events with party tickets starting at 4 pm. The entrance is on the right side of the gates and is specially marked. They also usually rope off the right side of Main St. USA to funnel the party goers into the park and making those exiting use the left side. Party events do not start until 7 pm though, but you will be able to ride any rides you wish, eat at restaurants, etc. beforehand.

So would I be able to enter through the regular entrance at 4pm? or would i have to go through the special entrance at 4pm? Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it, did you go this year already and are you positive we can get in at 4pm? i am sorry this is my first time go and I just have to make sure everything is on schedule cause i do not want to get there at 4pm and they will not let me and we would have to wait for three hours to get in. Thanks!
__________________
Disney First-Timer at Disney World's Magic Kingdom October 17th, 2010 for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Had a Blast with Fiance!

Accepted to Disney World's College Program for Spring Advantage 2011 October 26th, 2010.
Quick Serivce and Beverage
pride4pride is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-02-2010, 01:46 PM   #1608
pride4pride
Making the Magic Come True!!
 
pride4pride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Holtz View Post
It's four. Don't call and ask them next time. If it changes, there will be threads all over the place.


Also, to answer an age old question where there seems to be confusion: you can get a fastpass with just your MNSSHP ticket. It works. I bought APs, but am claiming them until Monday, so the party ticket was all I had to get in last night.
Thanks so much, I won't call again lol! What do my fiance and I have to do once we get there at 4pm? I have printed tickets from home so do I just go to the main entrance gate and scan it? I heard we have to get wristbands too. Do we get them right then or do we get them at 7pm? If we get them at 7pm what do we do? Do they take my ticket right when i get into MK or they let us keep until 7 to get the wristbands? lol I'm Sorry for so many questions, I am so Excited!!!!!!! Thanks so much for you help.
__________________
Disney First-Timer at Disney World's Magic Kingdom October 17th, 2010 for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Had a Blast with Fiance!

Accepted to Disney World's College Program for Spring Advantage 2011 October 26th, 2010.
Quick Serivce and Beverage
pride4pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:00 PM   #1609
Lou Holtz
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,356

Quote:
Originally Posted by pride4pride View Post
Thanks so much, I won't call again lol! What do my fiance and I have to do once we get there at 4pm? I have printed tickets from home so do I just go to the main entrance gate and scan it? I heard we have to get wristbands too. Do we get them right then or do we get them at 7pm? If we get them at 7pm what do we do? Do they take my ticket right when i get into MK or they let us keep until 7 to get the wristbands? lol I'm Sorry for so many questions, I am so Excited!!!!!!! Thanks so much for you help.
There is a special gate for people with party tickets to enter starting at four. They will give you your wrist band right as you enter the gate.
Lou Holtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:21 PM   #1610
december
DIS Veteran
 
december's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: central Mississippi
Posts: 5,276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Holtz View Post
It's four. Don't call and ask them next time. If it changes, there will be threads all over the place.


Also, to answer an age old question where there seems to be confusion: you can get a fastpass with just your MNSSHP ticket. It works. I bought APs, but am claiming them until Monday, so the party ticket was all I had to get in last night.
Thank you. I asked that question earlier in the thread, and was told no. We are flying in for the weekend in 3 wks, and will only have the party tickets. This will make our 4-7 touring much easier!
december is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #1611
jenscourt
Mouseketeer
 
jenscourt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Palmetto, FL
Posts: 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by pride4pride View Post
Thanks so much, I won't call again lol! What do my fiance and I have to do once we get there at 4pm? I have printed tickets from home so do I just go to the main entrance gate and scan it? I heard we have to get wristbands too. Do we get them right then or do we get them at 7pm? If we get them at 7pm what do we do? Do they take my ticket right when i get into MK or they let us keep until 7 to get the wristbands? lol I'm Sorry for so many questions, I am so Excited!!!!!!! Thanks so much for you help.
I went last weekend and was able to get in at 4 pm. On the right side of the gates, the signs will say special event entrance. That is where you will enter. They will give you a wristband and your trick or treat bag. So, rest assured you can get in at 4. Have a magical time!!
jenscourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:28 PM   #1612
teacher31
DIS Veteran
 
teacher31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: TN
Posts: 1,124

How do you get a fastpass? I have my ticket printed out and am wondering what I need to do to get something else so I can. I think not being able to get a FP has been the only downside when we have gone the past two years as we enter at 4. Please tell me how to do it!!!
__________________
Disney Trips
June 2003 - POR, First trip: "We might come back once more before we die." June 2004 - POR: "Does it ever stop raining?"June 2005 - FW Cabins: "I wonder if the movers unpacked the house yet?"June 2006 - POR: "Are you going to wear that tiara all the time, Katherine?"June 2007 - POR: "Do we want to be the safari family of the day? YES!" Our dream!October 2008 - Dolphin: "Why do you want to go to Disney when you turn 40?"Thanksgiving 2008 - "Dolphin: I think I like summer better, don't you?"October 2009 - POR: "Who knew it could be so cold in October?" Freezing at MNSSHPMay 2010 - POR/Dolphin: "Why did we miss POR?" October 2010 - CS: "I think I like the dining plan. You?"
May 2011 - DOL: "How much are you going to eat, Owen?" October 2011: "I miss Katherine." May 2012: "Can we not do Universal again and go back to Disney?" You betcha.
teacher31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:17 PM   #1613
Lou Holtz
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,356

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher31 View Post
How do you get a fastpass? I have my ticket printed out and am wondering what I need to do to get something else so I can. I think not being able to get a FP has been the only downside when we have gone the past two years as we enter at 4. Please tell me how to do it!!!
Well, I picked my tickets up at will call. You won't be able to get a fastpass with the piece of paper, obviously. Go to the will call window and see if they will exchange it for a regulation ticket.
Lou Holtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:00 PM   #1614
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!
 
petals's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,849

Oh btw Premium outlet stores in Florida have a disney shop that sell the same halloween buckets and xmas buckets the popcorn comes in at the parks except the buckets are only one dollar at the outlet store!
petals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:17 PM   #1615
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran
 
chloelovesdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 6,098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Holtz View Post
Well, I picked my tickets up at will call. You won't be able to get a fastpass with the piece of paper, obviously. Go to the will call window and see if they will exchange it for a regulation ticket.
I did not even think about this!!! We will need to trade for regular tickets. Are there Fastpasses during the party?
__________________

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:35 PM   #1616
serene56
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,293

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloelovesdisney View Post
I did not even think about this!!! We will need to trade for regular tickets. Are there Fastpasses during the party?
FP machines are not out during the party-- nor were FP lines opened.
I found I didnt need a FP for any ride during our party.
SM was 5 minute standby as well as Buzz Lightyear.
__________________
Epcot passports -ebay- Joephila1
serene56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #1617
blondietink
DIS Veteran
 
blondietink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Western New York State
Posts: 1,732

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Oh btw Premium outlet stores in Florida have a disney shop that sell the same halloween buckets and xmas buckets the popcorn comes in at the parks except the buckets are only one dollar at the outlet store!
Thanks for that info. We will be arriving early via Auto-Train on a Sunday morning before our room will be ready and had planned on hitting the outlets then just to check them out. We always do this just to see what they have before buying anything at the parks. Hopefully they will still have the popcorn buckets in 2 weeks!
__________________
Barb
blondietink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:17 PM   #1618
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran
 
chloelovesdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 6,098

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
FP machines are not out during the party-- nor were FP lines opened.
I found I didnt need a FP for any ride during our party.
SM was 5 minute standby as well as Buzz Lightyear.
Okay, thanks! Good to know we won't have to worry about that.
__________________

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #1619
december
DIS Veteran
 
december's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: central Mississippi
Posts: 5,276

How does parent swap work with no FP lines open? Or is it even an option during the party? My youngest is 16 mos.
december is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:12 AM   #1620
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!
 
nenner1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: TAMPA, FL
Posts: 3,564

Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
How does parent swap work with no FP lines open? Or is it even an option during the party? My youngest is 16 mos.
Ooh good question, I didn't even think about that. I would assume if lines are light you'd just have to go through standby twice but when we went to MVMCP in '08 Space had a steady line of 20 minutes during the party even after fireworks.

If you go in before 7 (like at 4) FP and CS will be available then, it might be best to try and get those rides done at that time.
__________________


Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: