Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2010, 07:42 PM   #31
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Today I am posting RDCT videotaped on March 17, 2010 on my youtube account.

RDCT 3/17/10 Part 1

RDCT 3/17/10 Part 2
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:31 PM   #32
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Just 7 Days to Go!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2010, 12:59 PM   #33
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

I'm just 5 days away at DL and I am planning my schedule at DL for Friday during MHP.

Schedule for Oct. 1st during MHP

We will be driving down from Sacramento to Anaheim like my DA and I always do on our previous trips together. It is nice to fly, but I do bring a lot of bags and camera equipment so it does make sense to drive down in just 7 hours. It just not worth paying the extra money for extra bags and getting a rental car. We will be driving down in my Honda Civic Hybrid which saves us a lot of money. For a round trip to DL, we only have to fill the car up twice during the trip. That is not bad since the car needs only 10 gallons of fuel to be full. We will stop at Livingston (close to Merced) that is always on our way to Anaheim to see my grandmother. Than after we stop at my grandmothers house, we will head on over to Anaheim. The plan time for us to leave is around 7:30 am and get to Livingston around 9:00 am. Than we will leave around 9:30 am and head over to Anaheim. With the calculations, we will be at DL around 3:30 and check-in to the hotel.

We will be staying at the GCH. This is the first time me and my DA to stay at the GCH since 2001. It has been a long time for me and my DA to stay on-property but it costs a lot of money to stay on-property and we always choose to stay off-site and go many times to DL. But this is special to stay at the GCH, not only during the first night of MHP but also this will be my DC first time to stay at the GCH. She has stayed at the DLH and PPH, but not at the GCH and she is very excited. We are staying in a standard view room at the GCH and I was hoping that we will be able to get a garden view instead of the street view. I want to get a garden view so we can see the monorail go by.

This is going to be very interesting to see how many rides my cast can do before HS starts at 9:30 on Friday Oct. We wanted do do as many rides before HS starts and one of my cast will be saving a viewing spot right by the Hub in front of SB castle. We will be rotating each time so we can go on rides and go get something to eat. I was planning on getting a spot for HS at least 2 - 3 hours. Some of you would say why would I waste my time saving a spot during MHP? I wanted to see HS so badly and I am willing to stake out a spot to see HS to the fullest and videotape so you DISers can watch it on my youtube. I hope everything goes well and I don't have to wait at the hub for more than 3 hours for HS.

We will be having dinner at Royal Street Veranda. My DA and I always go to RDV first for lunch and dinner on the first day at DL. This is have been our tradition for the last few years. The first day we go to DL, we eat at the RSV first.

After HS we are planning on try to go to all 50 treat stations around the park. It is going to be difficult to find all the 50 stations around the park and we plan on seeing the characters around the park. My DC wants to see all the different Disney characters around the park.

I know that SMGG would be at least an hour long when we get there in the park at 4pm and we are not planning on going on SMGG until the next day or Sunday in the morning. I was thinking of seeing HMH that day since I always love the Holiday overlay at the HM.

When we get there, I will be taking pictures around DL and hope to get every Halloween decoration around the park that day or I will do it the next two days at DL.

I will using Ridemax for the first two hours of our time at DL and we are not planning on riding anymore rides after 7pm since we will be eating dinner and getting on HMH at 6:30pm. Than when MHP starts, we will be going around the park and going to each different treat stations and character locations around the park for the rest of the night.

After MHP at 10:30, we will head on back to the GCH and go to bed so we can get to DL at 7am for MM on Saturday. I will be up that night so I can post the pictures of MHP that night.

Here is my plan for DL on Oct. 1st 2010 during MHP.

Thank you for reading my PTR and I am hoping for more suggestions before I leave on Friday.

Thank you

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 09-26-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:59 PM   #34
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Schedule for Saturday Oct 2nd

This is the fun day since we will be going on a lot of different rides and see WoC that night. We are going to try to do all of the best rides (SMGG, Indy, etc.) in the morning while in the afternoon we will take a long break and sit right next to the pool at the GCH. Than later during the day, we will go back to DL and do more rides and get ready for WoC for the 1st show.

We will take advantage of MM on Saturday and get all of the Fantasyland rides done. This will be my first time doing MM in almost 3 years since I mostly go to DL for only two days.

We will also be taking advantage of the WoC early entrance so we could get in the park half an hour early than normal hours so we can get FP for WoC. We plan on seeing the first show of WoC.

Here is is my first half schedule for Oct 2nd.

I will post the 2nd part of my schedule later during the day. Please post any comments or ideas for my pre-trip plan this Friday.

Thank you
Old 09-27-2010, 09:54 PM   #35
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Schedule for Saturday Oct 2nd

In the middle of the afternoon, we will rest up at our hotel for about a few hours and head back to DL to go on more rides. We will head to DL first and than later during the night, we will have dinner at the ESPN Zone. This is a must do for my DA and I every time we go to DL together.

After dinner, we will head on over to DCA and get right at the blockade so we will be able to get a railing view for WoC. My DC won't want to wait that long for a show, but I told her that this is a must thing to do unless you want to see it in front of other guests.

Than after WoC, we will head on over to DL and just do night rides for awhile and head back to the room and rest up for the next day.

Here is my 2nd part of my schedule for Oct 2nd.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:39 PM   #36
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Just 2 days to go until we are at the happiest place on earth. I am also planning on upgrading my DL premium AP to the premier so I can use it when I go to WDW during the Holiday season. I am very excited and can't sleep the last few days while I get to see the Halloween decorations up and seeing Halloween Screams fireworks on Oct 1st.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:50 PM   #37
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

I cant wait till tomorrow when my DA, my DC and I go to DL during MHP.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:10 PM   #38
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Live trip report Oct 1st, 2010

Friday October 1st, 2010

Today is the day for my group to head out of Sacramento and go to the happiest place on earth during the Halloween season. It is around 6 am that I have got up and load up all my bags into my car. I brought all my standard equipment that I would use during a DL trip. i brought my Nikon D60 DSLR camera, my Sony HDR-XR520 HD camcorder, tripod and my iPad while i update my live TR during the visit.

After I load all my thing in my car, I left my house around 7am and I went to pick up my DC Katherine from my uncles house who is just a few blocks away from my house and after that I went over to pick up my DA from her house. Than we started to hit the road and head over to my grandmothers house first. She lives in Livingston, CA close to Merced. It will take about one and a half hours to get to her house from Sacramento. We always stop there first when my DA and i go to DL so e can visit her and rest up for awhile.

We got to my grandmothers house around 8:30am today and we said hello to her and rest up just for awhile until it was time for the three of us to head back on the road and go to DL. We left my grandmothers house around 8:45am and right now we are currently on Highway 99 going to Los Angeles. From the calculation going to DL from Livingston it will take around 5 and a half hours until we reach DL. We are currently on the road of 99 and r currently on the grapevine.

When we get to the GCH, i will update my TR and post pics of the hotel.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:22 PM   #39
disneymum58
Mouseketeer

Wow Bret! We will be going to Disneyland Oct. 21 -25 and MHP Oct.22. I can't wait to read more of your report. I would especially be interested to know how they handle the mix in of guests and whether it is possible to get our wristbands early if we are already in the park using our AP.
What were the crowds like for the fireworks?

disneymum58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:17 AM   #40
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

We just got back from MHP and it was even better than I expected. But I will post that later, I'm posting my day when I got to DL.

We got to the GCH hotel around 3:30pm today and we just got our room immediately since I have pre-check with my phone. The GCH had our room all set up when we got there and I was impressed on how fast the GCH got the room. I asked them if I could have a garden view than the street view and they honored my request.

Our room number was 3309 and we could see the garden view and the monorail. I was so impressed with the room since I haven't stayed at the GCH since 2001. I like to thank the guys who set up the GCH thread and help me with all the info on the GCH.

My DA and DC were still unpacking and didn't want to go into the park early, so I went by myself. I got to the main gate around 4:15pm and there were a lot of guests with there costumes on and ready to go into the park. DL had two different lines to enter the park. The middle right side line was for the MHP guests while the left side was the standard park line. I had to wait for awhile since the CMs took there time and moved the guests slowly. When we walked in, they had a line setup for the MHP and we moved to the right hand side of the entrance. The CM's put on a purple wristband for the guests who are attending MHP. Than we got a small treat bag. It was not big, but it was big enough to carry some candy.

This is what the CM gave us for the MHP. A purple wristband with numbers on it and nothing special.

When I got into the park around 4:30, there were a few guests all dressed up and it was kind of crowded with the regular guests and the MHP guests. They had nothing setup around the park for MHP except the Mickey ghost and Mickey pumpkin lights around the park. When I looked at all the rides around the park, they were kind of crowded and I just went around the park and looked at all the Halloween decorations. I took pictures of MS USA and Frontierland.

Than it was around 5:30pm and my DA and DC came into the park and got their wristband and treat bag and we tried to do our ridemax plan, but it was later and it was even more crowded than we expected. So we did not do any rides during the day after HS, I will write that down later. We went to have dinner at RSV and have steak gumbo like I always do and my DA got the vegetarian gumbo. My DC didn't want gumbo, so we head on over to the Golden Horse Shoe and she got chicken nuggets. We had a nice meal and it was around 6:30 so we went to the hub and get our spots for HS.

When we got there, the CMs were roping off the area right in front of SB castle. Everyone including my group were wondering why they were blocking the viewing area. They said that until the non-ticket holders leave the park, they will open the viewing area. I was kind of bummed that we had to wait until 8pm to be let in the viewing area. DL announced to the park that DL would be closing at 7pm and guests who do not have a ticket will be able to purchase one at the Plaza Pavilion. But later they said that they would let guests in the viewing area after the Mickey's Cavalcade parade is over. I was not happy of how DL didn't plan it better. DL CMs were going around the park with their flash lights and were checking everyone in the park to see if they have a wristband for tonight.

It was around 8pm and most of the non-ticket holders have left the park. But there were some guests who did not have a wristband and were asked to leave the park. Some of those guests were not happy, but they had no choice.

The Cavalcade parade started at 8:15pm from IASW to MS USA. When I get back on Sunday, I will try to put the cavalcade parade on my youtube account. The parade was okay and have many Disney characters that we see all the time and some characters that I haven't seen in ages. Most of the CM were in costume and some were great and okay. It was like the parade was built on the cheap end, but the last float was the best when they had all the main Disney characters in there costumes.

I'm getting tired, since we will be getting up early in the morning for MM. I will update my TR later.

Thank you for reading part 1 of my TR.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 10-04-2010 at 12:30 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:11 AM   #41
amamax2
DIS Veteran

Great report so far! I cannot believe that after all the driving, DL stuff, and knowing you have to get up early for MM, that you still took the time to write this up!

Can't wait to read more! and Thanks!!

Last edited by amamax2; 10-02-2010 at 09:18 PM. Reason: misspelled word
amamax2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:46 PM   #42
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Just got back and taking a quick break until we head on over to Paradise Bay for the 9:00pm WoC show. Now I left off at Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade parade and I will go back from last night.

When the Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade has left the Hub around Tomorrowland, everyone sprinted over in front of SB castle. My DA didn't want to sit on the curb with my DC, so we were in the center in front of SBC for HS around 8:40. In just around 10 minutes, the whole area in front of SBC was already full. There were people laying on the ground, trying to walk by through the guests to find a small spot to sit. It was chaos after MCPC and everyone just went to the hub and see HS.

There was also a Disney camera crew behind us and another one in the front of SB castle. I would expect that they would post the video on the main website and other property own Disney videos. I thought it was just a media crew, but it was an actual Disney Media crew.

When HS was about to start, my DA was sitting alone on one of the park benches until a tall man just came in the last second and blocked her. She asked him "excuse me", than he turned around and ignored my DA and turned back over in front of SB castle. She was irate and had to sit on top of the bench in order to see HS that night. I was also kind of mad that someone would be so rude to come in the last second and block my DA when we got there for two hours.

We got to see HS at 9:30pm last night and it was even better than I had watch on youtube. Now I know why it was rated so high from a lot of other DISers. This made our day, but my DA was still mad about that man blocking her out. But she was able to see HS and she was so impressed with the fireworks. They said that it was better than Magical and maybe Believe...In Holiday Magic fireworks during the Holiday season. I still believe RDCT is the best fireworks at DL. I would say the RDCT is 1st, HS 2nd, Believe 3rd and Magical 4th. It was a great night to see the fireworks and now is time to go at more treat stations.

After HS, we head on over to NOS and was hoping to get on HMH, when we got to NOS, we saw Jack and Sally right next to the French Market. It was very interesting to see that the eating area i the French Market was turned into a dancing area for MHP. That was kind of neat and everyone had a blast at the dancing area in the French Market. The ROA was kind of neat too that DL use the smoke around the ROA and use the light towers for F! to make the ROA glow at night. When we got to HMH, it was already at a 10 min wait, so we waited and got on HMH.

The HMH is still the same over the years, but I really like the gingerbread house in the dining room when Jack in his Santa costume popped out of the back from the gingerbread house.

After HMH, we head on over to Critter country and went to a few treat stations around the area. We also got to see Pooh and his friends. After Critter Country, we head on over to the back side of Frontierland and went to Big Thunder Ranch and went to more treat stations. We got to see Buzz, Woody and Jesse in there. We also got to see Mickey and Minnie in the Ranch also. Than we went into Fantasyland and went to more treat stations.

We head on over to IASW and got to see a lot of different Disney Villains like Captain Hook, Jafar, Malificent, and Cruela. We also saw that they had Disney princesses at the DPFF and we didn't go in that area since it was crowded with a lot of young kids. Than we head on over to the back side of Matterhorn Mountain and there was four treat stations in a line and we got our treats in just one walk.

It was around 11pm and we need to get up first thing in the morning so we could enter DL at 7am for MM and 9am for WoC FP. We head out of the park and walked back to the GCH. We all went to bed around 11:30pm.

That was kind of a exciting day and a miserable day. It was great to see HS and go to each different treat stations. But my DA was mad about the tall guy blocking her. HS made up for her to forget the guy blocking her.

I will post another part of my TR later while we are going to get ready for WoC at 9pm.

Thank you
Old 10-02-2010, 09:10 PM   #43
disneymum58
Mouseketeer

Do you know what rides in Fantasyland are operating while the fireworks are on? Did you happen to notice what the lines were like for Peter Pan during MHP?

disneymum58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:21 PM   #44
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymum58 View Post
Do you know what rides in Fantasyland are operating while the fireworks are on? Did you happen to notice what the lines were like for Peter Pan during MHP?
Most of the fantasyland rides were open during MHP, but I was in front of SB castle for HS and I would assume that most of the fantasy lands rides were closed due to the fireworks. The line for PP was not long during MHP, I would say bout 15 min wait around 10:30 last night.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:23 PM   #45
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

I am almost back home in Sacramento and now I am writing my TR on Saturday Oct 2nd.

It was around 6:30 am and my DA was tired from Friday night and decided not to go to DL during MM. So my DC and I went to DL during MM. We left our room at 6:55 am and walked out to the main entrance of DL.

We got inside DL at 7:05 just a few mintues after DL opened for the MM guests. This was my first time in years that I went to MM and my DC has done it a couple of times during her stay. I asked her what she wanted to do first, so we went over to Fantasyland and went on PP first. It was only a 5 min wait so we on it first. Than we head on over to Matterhorn Mountain and it was just a walk on. We went on the Tomorrowland side and it was fun. Than we head on over to SMGG, the line was only 10 min wait and it was already around 7:30 am. We went on SMGG and it was just like a walk on. I thought there was a waiting area when we got to the loading station. After SMGG, we went on BLAB. I love going on this ride since I broke my personal best on my last trip. When we got off, my DC had 313,100 points while I had 845,500 points. Than it was time for the all the guests to enter the park, so we head on over to the barricade at Adventureland and wait to go on Indy.

We did not use the ridemax prgram since it would be more fun to go onrides by our instincts that a plan schedule. When DL had the rope drop, we sprinted over to Indy and we were just few people away from being first in line. We had to wait a couple of minutes until they let the guests on Indy. It was nice to go on Indy and than we head on over to Splash and got FP. Than we went on Splash and it was just a walk on. Than we head on over to ride Winnie the Pooh. After Pooh, we head on ov to BTMRR and it was just a few minutes wait.

It was close to 9 am and we head on out of DL and head back to the hotel so we can get our FP for WoC. We met my DA at the GCH gate and we got st the gate around 9:10. We had to show our room key to the CMs at the gate and we were inside DCA. We got the blue FP for the 9 pm WoC show. We knew what color we got and my DC was excited to see WoC. We still havethe FP for Splash, but since my DC and I have done it, we decided not to go back to DL and go on Splash. We all decided to go back to the hotel room and rest up for awhile.

When it was around 10 am, we went back in DCA through the GCH entrance and we went to Paradise Pier and the first thing we did was to go on Mickey's Fun Wheel and I got to take pictures of DCA in the sky. While my DA went to Soarin to get FP for all three of us and she didn't want to go on MFW. After MFW, my DC and I went on SSS. She like this swings than the orange stinger. After SSS, we went over. To Hollywood Land and went to see the Tron area and it was not bad as we have thought after they took out Glow fest. Than it was time to return to Soarin at 11:00 am. We went Soarin and it was great like always. We also go the best view, the center stage and the very top of the ride. My DA and DC were happy to be on the dead center and the very top. After Soarin, we head on over to the Blue Sky Cellar and see all the new upcoming expansion of DCA. The weird thing about that day in the morning to the afternoon was that it rain during that time. I was kind of surprised to see it rain and than later during the day it just cleared up.

Than it was close to noon, so we head on back to the GCH and went to luck st Storyteller's Cafe for our 12pm reservation. It was my DA and my first time eating at the restaurant since 5 years. My DC loved the restaurant and she will want to try it again with her family the next time she comes down. She had the pasta, DA had the chicken sandwich and I had the angus burger.

After Storyteller's Cafe we went back to our room and rest up. My wants to go to the pool and chill out while my DA wants to watch the Ryder cup in the room. I decided to go outside with my DC at the pool. The GCH pool was very nice and it looked better in person. I liked the photos from KCmike who provided the pictures of the pool on the GCH thread.

I will post the 2nd part of the trip later.

Thank you for reading my TR.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 10-04-2010 at 12:17 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: