Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2010, 05:21 PM   #1591
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Haven't read back so this might have been said already but I read that Mercant of Venus in Tomorrowland was going to be headquarters for MNSSHP merchandise it wasn't. There is however a shop in Liberty Square with alot of halloween stuff so I'm guessing it was there.

We got in at 4 in costume so don't have to wait til 7

When I met Mickey and Minnie they were in Princess and Pirate/Prince combo.

Where timon, abu, king louie etc meet in adventureland they have loads of candy CM said that they hadn't been busy the night we were there and didn't think people knew they were in there at all!

Also we did see some people try to sneek their way into the party. They were in front of us in the Dwarves line... They kept trying to hide behind others as CM'S were checking wristbands but eventually cm copped on and told them to pay or leave so they got the cm to go get the tickets while they waited in line for dwarves.

Last edited by petals; 10-01-2010 at 05:26 PM.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:52 PM   #1592
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhThePain View Post
For those of you that do more than 1 MNSSHP, do you plan any other days at MK? Or do you basically cover everything you would want to durring the parties?
For us-- at the party we were able to knock out Tomorrowland and Fantasyland for our touring plans.
We had an ADR for Ohana for 10:30 so we used a days tickets to get FP for Space mountain and returned after breakfast for Buzz light year. Didnt need either of those FP as both those rides had a 5 minute stand by. bUZZ Lightyear was out but his line was closing so he could get ready for the party.

We waited til after the 2nd parade to do the rides in Fantasy land and everything there was walkon
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2010, 06:29 PM   #1593
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran

Exclamation 7 Dwarfs

This is why you need to line up for the 7 Dwarfs by 6:30pm, by 6:50pm the line looked like this!!

May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
BigGreen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:34 PM   #1594
blondietink
DIS Veteran

Finally decided today to go to MNNSHP on Tuesday the 19th instead of Friday the 22nd. So, our week will look like this:

Sunday the 17th arrive via auto-train, go to DTD and get TIW card, go to CR to view the MNNSHP fireworks and Electrical Water pagent. Or I could just walk to MK from CR and ge the TIW card there.

Monday: 8:00 ADR at CP for breakfast 1 hour before park opens. Stay until after 3:00 parade. Monorail to Epcot to eat at F&WF booths. Haunted Carriage ride at 8pm @ FW and maybe go over to WL after to view Wishes

Tuesday: Epcot in AM with lunching around the Food & Wine fest then rest and go to MNNSHP! We will be Mary Poppins with 3 chimney sweeps.

Wednesday: HS or AK, Wishes at MK & Main Street electrical parade

Thursday: MK in am then Breakfast ADR at 1900 Park Fare @ 11 am. over to HS for Parade in pm & Fantasmic @ HS

Friday: Epcot day and watch Illuminations

Saturday: See whatever we missed or want to see again!

Sunday: start to drive home.

Staying off-site this time at Sheraton Vistana Villages, so can't take advantage of any extra magic hours.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:09 PM   #1595
freecia
Mouseketeer

Will they ship the Ghost Mickey popcorn bucket? I know, such a strange thing to ask from a food stand but it is 10" tall and I would rather not tote it about all night.

Or can they send it to a Disney resort gift shop at least? Maybe Guest Relations could do this...
freecia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:36 PM   #1596
tlh0726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedee View Post
It seems like it's been forever since I've been on here. I got dreadfully sick on my way home from a wonderful trip, got a little better than a lot worse and ended up in the hospital. Not a fun few weeks for me! Anyway I just wanted to let anyone who requested a map know that the last batch have finally been sent out. Anyone who sent me an address should have it within a few days. Sorry it took so long but I was just too sick t do it until now. Today is the first day I've even been online since I was at Disneyworld! I do still have a few left so if there is anyone else who would like one just let me know and I'll make sure I do a better job of getting them out!

Terri
Sorry to hear this
Hope you keep feeling better
Old 10-01-2010, 10:42 PM   #1597
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhThePain View Post
For those of you that do more than 1 MNSSHP, do you plan any other days at MK? Or do you basically cover everything you would want to durring the parties?
Actually, the parties fell on both days that we planned to go to MK anyways, so it kinda worked out that way. I want to cover pretty much everything I want to do outside of the parties, and use the parties to enjoy what they have to offer. We have one other night planned at MK in order to catch Wishes and MSEP.

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

BigTikiDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:26 AM   #1598
AliceinMaryland
Mouseketeer

What kind of music should we expect at the dance parties? Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers or is it more along the lines of Slayer, Metallica and maybe some Ozzy. Just kidding but this is a real question. Is it all Disney songs??

AliceinMaryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:32 AM   #1599
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceinMaryland View Post
What kind of music should we expect at the dance parties? Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers or is it more along the lines of Slayer, Metallica and maybe some Ozzy. Just kidding but this is a real question. Is it all Disney songs??
Oh, good question. I didn't think of that.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:10 AM   #1600
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran

Cool Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceinMaryland View Post
It is mostly Disney music from what I know but they are playing "other" Halloween and dance music as well. When walking through Adventureland etc, they were playing Guns N Roses songs. Yup, GNR. It was very cool. They played other rock songs as well, but I cannot remember the bands but it was all good.
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
BigGreen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:27 AM   #1601
grace&philipsmom
DIS Veteran

On the video that we have recorded from last year's party we have the kids dancing with Stitch to the Monster Mash and with Goofy to a Hannah Montana song.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:36 AM   #1602
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreen73 View Post
This is why you need to line up for the 7 Dwarfs by 6:30pm, by 6:50pm the line looked like this!!

Thanks for bringing that home to us !! I will be in that line at 6:30 even if I have to leave my family at the dinner table
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Follow my 11 Day Trip Report Here
Need help packing... Check out THE LIST!!
Turtle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:49 AM   #1603
Lou Holtz
DIS Veteran

Went to the party last night. Candy is WAAAAY better than last year. Great variety, name brands. They are much stingier this year though. Last year, we each got over two bags full, this year, almost one full bag each.
Lou Holtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:27 PM   #1604
pride4pride
Making the Magic Come True!!

Question about when we can get in?

Hey you all! I have a question about this event. This will be my very first time going to MNSCHP and my first time going to Disney world and I am so excited lol. I am a Disney freak. But I have a question on what time we can get into Magic Kingdom because I called a Disney agent and they told me we could not get in until 7pm when the event actually started but I am hearing that we can get at 4pm and some of you guys say you have gotten in at 4pm. Anybody who has recently gone that has gotten at 4pm this year because I would really love to get in at 4pm before the party actually starts. I know the even starts at 7pm but the ticket i printed off does not specify what time i could get in so if someone would please clarify if we could get in at 4pm or do we have to wait until 7pm! Thanks so much

Happy Hauntings!

Accepted to Disney World's College Program for Spring Advantage 2011 October 26th, 2010.
Quick Serivce and Beverage
pride4pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #1605
blondietink
DIS Veteran

We have always been able to get into the special events with party tickets starting at 4 pm. The entrance is on the right side of the gates and is specially marked. They also usually rope off the right side of Main St. USA to funnel the party goers into the park and making those exiting use the left side. Party events do not start until 7 pm though, but you will be able to ride any rides you wish, eat at restaurants, etc. beforehand.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: