Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2010, 10:30 AM   #1531
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran

Cool Mickey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville_minnie View Post
Can anyone offer advice on getting a pic with Mickey & Minnie right at 7pm? This is the main character pic we want & just want to "get it out of the way" and move on with the rest of the party.

We will be in the park at 4, have dinner early at LTT & then will have plenty of time to get in line early for the pic.

Where exactly & when should we line up? I know M&M are at the Judge's Tent, which I know is behind Mickey's house in ToonTown, but how does the line form and when is appropriate to line up?

In previous parties (MNSSHP or MVMCP) the cast members lingering around seem to want nothing to do with giving you the correct info. They just answer very vaguely that Mickey will be available at 7. We had gotten in line before bhind some other guests that were allegedly told by a CM where to wait, but then shortly before 7 a whole other line started & we went from second to almost last.
The lines are shut down at 6pm for the Princess, Faeries, and Mickey/Minnie to get ready for the party. You can line up anytime after 6pm as a rope is set up for 7pm. Note that the "indoor" character lines are shorter that the outdoor meets. At 7:45pm on 09/21 we hit the Princess/Princess thinking long wait but it only took us about 10 mins. We then headed to Mickey/Minnie and there were only a couple families in front of us. Took only about 10-15 minutes for M&M too. So by 8:15pm, we had already done the 7 Dwarfs, rode Snow White's Scary Adv, met the Hag, met the Princesses/Princes, and Mickey & Minnie.
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
BigGreen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:56 PM   #1532
Macca1111
I wish I were at WDW!
I'm good at the graceful stuff
Why would you put Ivy in the title if it's never going to come up again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
We are going to the party Tuesday!! After reading all the excellent advice here I am actually considering going the 30th as well! We will wait and see how much we get done at the first one, and how our funds are doing... So excited!
Maybe I'll see you there! I'll be in a Maleficent costume, I'm heading to the apartment to get ready now!

Macca1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2010, 01:16 PM   #1533
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Can anyone going this week post back if the Mickey popcorn buckets are available again?

Thanks!

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:20 PM   #1534
mousebit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohj80 View Post
Can anyone going this week post back if the Mickey popcorn buckets are available again?

Thanks!
If no one reports back sooner, I'll be leaving Saturday and will definitely be looking for them.

mousebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:26 PM   #1535
policycobb
DIS Veteran

MPWifey,

Did you make the Sally wig? I made a dress similar to your dress for my daughter. She would like to wear a wig but I can't find a rag doll wig without pigtails. I told her we would spray her hair red.

policycobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:44 PM   #1536
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran

Cool Buckets

Quote:

Thanks!
There were Ghost Mickey shaped popcorn buckets that I saw in the parks.
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
BigGreen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:48 PM   #1537
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreen73 View Post
There were Ghost Mickey shaped popcorn buckets that I saw in the parks.
Those are the ones I'm looking for. Several folks posted over the weekend that they were nowhere to be found.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
Old 09-28-2010, 01:56 PM   #1538
DznyDreams
A DREAM IS A WISH YOUR HEART MAKES . . .

I am going tonight....worried about the storm

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep; In dreams you lose your heartaches, whatever you wish for you keep; Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling thru; No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true!

11/13 CSR & Disney Dream * 9/10 CSR * 08/09 WL * 2/09 CSR * 9/08 BWV & POP * 5/08 POP * 11-12/07 CSR & Disney Wonder * 10/05 CBR * 10/04 BWV * 03/04 BWV * 10/02 OKW * 04/02 WLV * 10/01 OKW * 12/00 CR * 05/00 POFQ * 12/99 DL (aka: POR) * 09/98 CR * Offsite 95
Old 09-28-2010, 03:08 PM   #1539
Conservative Hippie
You seem somewhat familiar. Have I threatened you before?
My DH is a nuclear physicist...can you say weirdo???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyDreams View Post
I am going tonight....worried about the storm
Ditto. I can handle a little rain. I cannot handle a cancelled parade or fireworks.
Me ~*~DH ~*~DD (6) ~*~DS (3) ~*~#3 (due 3/8/14)
4 WDW vacations from 2003-2006~*~450 days spent at WDW since 2007~*~2 DCL Cruises since 2011

Conservative Hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:33 PM   #1540
amyren
DIS Veteran

We went Thursday and had a blast! There were so many characters and little to no wait times. We would definitely do it again. DD (2 and a half) dressed up like Alice and stayed up until almost midnight. I have a few pics on my blog… of course I have 4 different blog posts about the trip so you kinda have to poke around. MNSSHP is under Disneypalooza part C.
-Poly Jan '09 - AKL Nov '09 - GF Sept '10 -DCL Wonder Sept '10 - DLP June '11 - DCL Magic June '11 - DCL Magic Nov '11 - CR Jan '12 - YC June '12 - Poly June '13 - WL Oct '13 - POLY Feb '14 - TDR June '14 - Aulani June '14
amyren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:12 PM   #1541
MPwifey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by policycobb View Post
MPWifey,

Did you make the Sally wig? I made a dress similar to your dress for my daughter. She would like to wear a wig but I can't find a rag doll wig without pigtails. I told her we would spray her hair red.
Lol, no I got the pigtails wig and just untied it. Make sure she tries it on because it is not completely full in the back. I just glued some of the pieces to the back so it won't be as bald.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:52 PM   #1542
JenBill5
Mouseketeer

DD (6), DH and I will be at the party on Thursday the 7th. We have dinner ressies at Chef Mickey's at 6:35. I've tried to change the reservation but there are no openings. Thoughts? Suggestions?
Old 09-28-2010, 10:13 PM   #1543
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenBill5 View Post
DD (6), DH and I will be at the party on Thursday the 7th. We have dinner ressies at Chef Mickey's at 6:35. I've tried to change the reservation but there are no openings. Thoughts? Suggestions?
Personally, I'd skip Chef Mickey's as you can do that on any trip. You'll miss quite abtut of the party with such a late ADR. Remember, just because your reservation is 635 doesn't mean you'll actually be seated then. Go see the characters at the party and save Chef Mickey for next time.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:16 PM   #1544
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Personally, I'd skip Chef Mickey's as you can do that on any trip. You'll miss quite abtut of the party with such a late ADR. Remember, just because your reservation is 635 doesn't mean you'll actually be seated then. Go see the characters at the party and save Chef Mickey for next time.
I agree, skip Chef Mickey's.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:18 PM   #1545
dansyr2514
DIS Veteran

If you're going early ...say at 4:00...maybe try a walk up and see if they can get you in early. If not...maybe hit a counter service that night and do a character meal another day.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: