Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2010, 08:32 PM   #1501
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
As someone who has never been to the party before, would I need to put together a list of which characters are where or will I be able to figure out from the party map on the night? I don't want to waste half the evening looking fgor characters, especially if some of them are only out at/from certain times. Thanks for all your help .... again!
You will want to put together a list beforehand. Disney does not advertise about half of the characters because they are designed as surprises. Those unadvertised characters are also the first to be cut from the party if needed.

You can see the full list of regular characters here: 2010 MNSSHP CHARACTERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden2323 View Post
He was out last night - in front of the teacups.
Mickeyhunter was indicating that White Rabbit is not a regularly appearing character at MNSSHP this year. That doesn't mean he will not appear, he is just not going to appear consistently for every party. Other random characters may include the Tweedles, Rabbit (from Pooh), the Br'er Characters, plus others.

For the PP looking for White Rabbit, he appears daily at the Tea Cups, from about park open to early afternoon. It'll be easier to catch him there rather then MNSSHP.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:35 PM   #1502
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

... double post
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2010, 09:29 PM   #1503
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran

Cool MNSSHP tips and thoughts

Just got back today from my Sept trip. Did the MNSSHP 09/21 & 09/23 and just started a thread with my thought, info, etc based on my experiences and have been answering some questions. Feel free to check it out and post any questions you may have.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38375570
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
BigGreen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:55 PM   #1504
mickeyhunter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
does anyonw have a pic of the Headless Horseman ones?

Here are my pics of the headless horseman bucket;

Follow Me on twitter @wdwmickeyhunter or; http://unofficialdisneycharacterhunt....blogspot.com/

or like us and receive updates on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Unoffi...43447969002418
mickeyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:08 AM   #1505
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
You will want to put together a list beforehand. Disney does not advertise about half of the characters because they are designed as surprises. Those unadvertised characters are also the first to be cut from the party if needed.

You can see the full list of regular characters here: 2010 MNSSHP CHARACTERS
Thank you!
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:00 AM   #1506
DCDisney
On my way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellamint View Post
Excuse me if this has been answered already....do you mean where the carriage in front of the Haunted Mansion usually is?

The seven Dwarfs - - - HOW cool is that...I have NEVER seen them out and about...only in parades.
No it's the stroller parking area in fantasyland near IASW.
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:44 AM   #1507
WishingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden2323 View Post
He was out last night - in front of the teacups.
Excellent, hopefully he will be out when DD goes next month!!
2013 - Pop Century, MNSSHP

Planning my "I'm 43 and just graduated from University" trip, August 2015

Me DH DD15 DD4
WishingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:01 AM   #1508
onnawufei
The Girl With the Ninja Turtle Tattoo

After watching some videos on YouTube I got to thinking that maybe a second party wouldn't be a bad idea. We're already going to the one on the 3rd, and we'd planned the 7th as a MK day anyway so I told DH I'd pay for the party. The only downer is that it means missing dinner at Boma. But I think I can handle that.
Vacationed at POFQ October 2010
Vacationed at POFQ December 2011
Vacationed at POR October 2012
Vacationing at POR October 2013

I have a camera, and I know how to use it! ... Usually.

My WDW Flickr Collection
onnawufei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:58 AM   #1509
2 princess 3 princes
mom of twin princess and triplet princes

Quote:
Originally Posted by InPerfectClouds View Post
I got tickets for October 3, then made my vacation a little earlier, so I can do the October 1 party and use the 3rd to go see Fantasmic. Does anyone know if Disney will let me exchange my tickets for the 3rd for the 1st?
I don't think they will exchange dates. They are not transferable. We switched dates for our stay too and I'd already purchased tickets for the 7th and they wouldn't switch it.
& AKVK, 2011 BC DCL w/DDs , 2012 BC DL/CA Paradise Pier Pre Cruise Oct./12 Wonder California Cruise October/12 Dream 3 night Bahamas Valentines Day/13 POR Pre Cruise Dream 4 Night Halloween on the High Seas Oct/13 Dream 4 night Feb/14

2 princess 3 princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:13 AM   #1510
ougrad86
OU Sooners Football Fan!

Doesn't hurt to check though. It sometimes depends on availability and I have heard of people being able to switch. Not sure if you can do it on the phone or you need to be there. It may also depend on who you talk to

We're going on the 31st which is sold out - but it was last year too, and wasn't too bad. So excited!

Disneyland off site 1973;WDW off site 1974 (band trip); WDW off site 1985; WDW SOG March 2006; WDW SOG Nov 2009 with friends; WDW AKL Oct/Nov 2010 with friends; Universal/WDW HRH Spring Break 2012 with friends; WDW AKL Nov 2012 with friends; WDW Coronado/Uni Portofino Spring Break 2014 with friends ! No New Ticker - college and Grand Canyon planning
Disney: so far into our heads, hopes and dreams that it is legendarily the Mouse that built the better people trap...
ougrad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:16 AM   #1511
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

So, can anyone answer this question - do the toontown characters (Mickey/Minne Donald/Daisy in particular) greet at the same time as the parade is going on, or do they shut down the meets? I am thinking we might try and skip the first parade and take advantage of the crowds being thus distracted, and instead see the later parade.

I'd appreciate an answer from someone who has met with these characters between 8:15 PM an 8:45 PM when the parade would be running.

TIA!

SkierPete

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:56 AM   #1512
serene56
DIS Veteran

Awesome. Best money we ever spent on any vacation. First time ever for a party.

We went on the Tuesday Party. Jada was dressed as Cruella. We were dressed as her dalmations. We arrived a little after 5.
People loved her- was stopping her to take her photo. She loved all the attention. When that last parade started the talking characters were yelling down to her--glad to see you made it here.

We saw everything we wanted to see. The Cinderella Castle and the 7 dwarfs in less then 30 minutes. Not many people at all.

Went back to Fantasyland after the 2nd parade and rode everything in there with no wait. Even rode dumbo two times.

She got enough candy considering it was only her collecting candy.
Watched the Villians show- stood in line for Cruella. And she spent most of the line time with Jada.-letting her try on her coat- she chased the dalmations away since we were just beastly-- it was only Cruella and jada- People in the line were loving it.
We also go to see the Shadowman and Capt Hook for photos.

The Hallowishes were by far the best fireworks show i have ever seen. The finale was like a panaromic "showing" that looked like it covered the whole entire park. After this show masses of people left.

We were able to buy military discount tickets for the party on Monday- 40 bucks for adults and 36 for a child--which for us was a significant savings.

Now when we were leaving 1900 Park Fare at 7:15 I was amazed at the number of people arriving for the party. Yes, most people think the party starts at 7pm and do not know you can go at 4pm. The lines to get into the park were HUGE to say the least- (that was for a Saturday party)
Old 09-27-2010, 11:54 AM   #1513
PixiePoppins
Wishing Upon a Star

MNSSHP experts, which Villian show would you recommend to best work around 9:30 fireworks and 10:30 parade? and why?

Thanks!

PixiePoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:38 PM   #1514
serene56
DIS Veteran

How we worked it-
We did the Alice treat trail into tomorrowland which dumped us in front of the castle to see the villian show. 8:50 (we spent some time meeting the villians) Right after that show we got a seat for the Hallowishes (9:30) then got seats on main street for the parade. 10:30 (we got food from Caseys at this time to eat while we waited for the parade.)
Old 09-27-2010, 02:04 PM   #1515
bosox2001
"...time to be turning around..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
So, can anyone answer this question - do the toontown characters (Mickey/Minne Donald/Daisy in particular) greet at the same time as the parade is going on, or do they shut down the meets? I am thinking we might try and skip the first parade and take advantage of the crowds being thus distracted, and instead see the later parade.

I'd appreciate an answer from someone who has met with these characters between 8:15 PM an 8:45 PM when the parade would be running.

TIA!

SkierPete
Great question...I was wondering the same. Do the character meets remain open during the parades?
bosox2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: