Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2010, 02:20 PM   #766
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisWishes720 View Post
Here is a picture of our cake from our at home wedding! It was made by "The Pink Cake Box" in NJ. It had three different flavors and was absolutely delicious!!

OMG! They make the best chocolate croissants ever!

Juli & Wayne's Fairy Tale Wedding WP/WHP 11/1/2012 ~Planning Journal
CityGirlLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:10 PM   #767
DisWishes720
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirlLost View Post
OMG! They make the best chocolate croissants ever!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie921 View Post
That's absolutely beautiful! I love looking at their site ... such pretty cakes!
They are so wonderful!! Anything chocolate they make is out of this world! One of our layers was chocolate with rasberry buttercream frosting...amazing .

DisWishes720 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2010, 01:38 PM   #768
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Any idea how much the holly in the snow cake would cost. See post one
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:47 PM   #769
pixie921
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandrea View Post
Any idea how much the holly in the snow cake would cost. See post one

My planning sheet says as shown, it feeds 110 (and it also says that's the minimum guest count you can have for it) and is $13.00 per person, so that's $1430 plus tax.

HTH!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:40 AM   #770
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Question Holly in the Snow

How do I get Disney to make a wedding cake for me if I'm not having a wedding there? We are celebrating our tenth anniversary and I'd like to have Holly in the Snow made (see first post). Can this be done. Who do I speak to.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:46 AM   #771
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie921 View Post
My planning sheet says as shown, it feeds 110 (and it also says that's the minimum guest count you can have for it) and is $13.00 per person, so that's $1430 plus tax.

HTH!
thanks for your post. At that price I don't think it's going to happen. Publix is looking pretty good right about now.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:55 AM   #772
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

If you're really set on the design, you might try asking them to make a small cake that has a similar feel to that design. Single-tier cakes start at around $55.

Your best bet is to book a meal at one of the Grand Floridian restaurants, then call Private Dining at the GF (407-824-2474) and explain that you want to order a custom cake for the meal. The GF Bakery originated that cake style, so you can tell the woman at PD the name or show her a pic and ask for a small cake that captures the essence of the design.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:23 AM   #773
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Location: In Florida - close to Mickey's front door, yet still so far away!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisWishes720 View Post
Here is a picture of our cake from our at home wedding! It was made by "The Pink Cake Box" in NJ. It had three different flavors and was absolutely delicious!!

This is stunning!

And here's my Publix cake in comparison

We had a HORRIBLE experience with Publix. Even the store manager was confused as to what happened and gave us a refund. Some people have had really pretty cakes, so I suppose it depends on your store and the talent working there.
CinderelliT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:03 AM   #774
Princesspunkin
Mouseketeer

Do anyone know the price of this cake? Still waiying on my info package.

TIA
Dawn

Butterfly Garden
Old 10-01-2010, 10:38 AM   #775
aimhi
luvin' my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesspunkin View Post
Do anyone know the price of this cake? Still waiying on my info package.

TIA
Dawn

Butterfly Garden
oh I love that cake love butterflies

:
aimhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:58 AM   #776
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

As pictured it's $16.50/person with a 125-person minimum, so $2,062.50. The price goes down to $10.50/person if you use fresh flowers instead of sugar flowers, and you can have it made in fewer/smaller tiers for fewer people at a lower cost.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:24 PM   #777
sambycat
DIS Veteran

color me seriously annoyed with the whole DFTW wedding cake deal. I know cakes and big wedding cakes are $$$ but aren't these prices quite high?? i KNOW it's disney and all that but....

we have been wanting a mad hatter style, but i don't want ANY fondant. we want some bright colors but some design too, just in frosting. it could be flowers, it could be random blobs for all i care, just something fun and whimsicle. a 2 tier mad hatter was quoted at $450, so OK. then of course, we saw a beautiful cake on this thread, the one that is ivory with tea cups on it, but a rather simple and elegant decoration with some balloon type little hanging things off the top. i don't know, seems more simple to me or at least comparable in a 2 tier size.
$850 is our estimate. and the problem for me is, i don't even KNOW what we are going to get!! i mean, we kind of actually got excited about this teacup/balloon design and we hadn't really pursued anything more about the mad hatter design per se, although our planner had described it as something like "white base cake" on the BEO which made ZERO sense to me as we simply want NO FONDANT not lack of color...

also, i've gone through the whole grooms cake HM debacle and although i AM going to go for the $150 cake based on the less than $100 inspiration cakes and take my chances, i am feeling extremely unconfident in what we will get.

it's the main big frustration with the whole DFTW process - even an "outside" florist would do some sort of mock up (and the prices generally are more reasonable to an extenet) as part of the whole deal. likewise i'd LIKE to have some kind of description - be it smoke signals, semifore or feaking interpretive dance of what the H*LL our cake is going to look like!!!!!!!!!

i don't blame the planner, but i also feel like the very few times there is an issue i'm concerned over, there is not much done in the way of making a suggestion - it's kind of "here's the up-sell option" and that's it. i've asked for a little more info as to what about the cake makes it twice the cost but i wish someone there would say "this is why this one is more expensive but here is how we could adapt it to your budget".

GAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:58 AM   #778
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

I feel your pain!!
This is one of the reasons we settled on our VR being at the Swan. We are using outside vendors for cake and floral, which I have booked myself, although my planner is more than happy to liase with them. Not only am I getting presicely what I want, but it has worked out significantly cheaper!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:46 AM   #779
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

YAY - I can finally play...I know mad hatter cakes made by Disney are expensive, but mine was worth every penny. I was speechless when I first saw it. the only direction I gave my planner was the colors we were using, the fact that I love daisies, and love Mickey Mouse...The flavors were lemon cake with cream cheese filling and chocolate with peanut butter cup filling, and both were a huge hit!
daisygirl902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:12 AM   #780
aimhi
luvin' my ears

7 years ago

wow how cakes have changed for the better though I loved our simple cake but we didn't even get to pick it and I we didn't even really eat it![IMG]http://www.pbase.com/dfratto/image/112032015IMG_0049.JPG

:
aimhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: