Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2010, 08:24 AM   #1471
nashville_minnie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyhunter View Post
Mickey and Minnie are wearing different costumes for their meet and greet in the judges tent. They either appear in pirate and princess costumes or magician and witch. It is luck of the draw which ones you meet. I had to go through the lone several times to see them both. I have both of their costume pictures on my blog.

And Mickey and Minnie do have been different costumes in the parade.
Thank you for the info & for sharing your pics! I am surprised that they rotate costumes - that sort of makes me feel like I will miss out on something, since I will only have time to go through the line once. Oh well! Last year I was there for the pic at 7 pm sharp & they were wearing the purple & orange outfits (the same ones that they sell the plushes of). Hopefully this year I will get the princess/pirate combo - although I plan to go right at 7 again. Plus last year they were separate, and it seems this year they are together (which i like better!!).

Thanks again for the pics - they are fun to get a sneak preview of!!!
thousands of visits to WDW (former WDWCP & FT cast member)
nashville_minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:51 AM   #1472
nashville_minnie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhay View Post
Here is a picture of the souvenir popcorn bucket during MNSSHP. Sorry I can only do this via link instead of having the picture show up itself!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51565129@N08/5018550019/
I wanted to thank you for posting the popcorn bucket pic - it is so cute & i can't wait to get one. although DH just said how am i going to bring it home & what am i going to do with it then?
thousands of visits to WDW (former WDWCP & FT cast member)
nashville_minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2010, 09:10 AM   #1473
elonperry8
Earning My Ears

Timon and Rafiki

I see on the character list there is Timon and Rafiki. Does anyone know how long those lines have been for them?

Thanks for all the helpful information. This is mine and my husband's first time going to the party!!
elonperry8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:36 AM   #1474
SoScary'09
Has Friends on the Other Side

I've been and I still have a question for those more knowledgeable on the subject.

I'm wanting to wear a half mask for my costume. Like you know, kitty cat eyes, etc. How strict is the rule on masks and if I wore a half one just over my eyes would that be against any policies?

Thank you lovelies!

Halloween '09:-CR Halloween '11:-Poly Halloween '13-BC March '14: First DL Trip
SoScary'09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #1475
featherface
Mouseketeer

Charactors

Does anyone no when the best time to see Mickey & Minnie is during the party. For the Seven Dwarfs would it be possible for one parent to line up at 6:00 or 6:30 to save a place and for the other parent to take a child on rides until about 6:45 or is this frowned on.
featherface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #1476
InPerfectClouds
Some imagination, huh?

I got tickets for October 3, then made my vacation a little earlier, so I can do the October 1 party and use the 3rd to go see Fantasmic. Does anyone know if Disney will let me exchange my tickets for the 3rd for the 1st?
CP Fall 2009 - MK Custodial ::: CP Jan-June 2011 - QSFB ::: CP June-August 2011 - FSFB ::: Part-Time Children's Activities Hostess at Pop Century, Caribbean Beach, and Disney's Art of Animation Resorts August 2011-Present

InPerfectClouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:17 AM   #1477
DCDisney
On my way...

Last year in the area for the carriage which is where the dwarves are now they had a cm manning the line at the gate to check bracelets and there was really no way to get ahead in the line. There was a potty issue ahead of us and they had them leave and return through the exit. For the greets with very regulated lines like this I don't think it would work.
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:34 AM   #1478
kabbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by featherface View Post
Does anyone no when the best time to see Mickey & Minnie is during the party. For the Seven Dwarfs would it be possible for one parent to line up at 6:00 or 6:30 to save a place and for the other parent to take a child on rides until about 6:45 or is this frowned on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDisney View Post
Last year in the area for the carriage which is where the dwarves are now they had a cm manning the line at the gate to check bracelets and there was really no way to get ahead in the line. There was a potty issue ahead of us and they had them leave and return through the exit. For the greets with very regulated lines like this I don't think it would work.

That's what I was hoping to be able to do as well. I was going to get in line 6:15ish and my family was going to do some rides in Fantasyland til it was time for the 7 Dwarfs to come out. During the MVMCP, Beauty and the Beast were in the same spot as the Dwarfs and I saw lots of people join their family in lines. Because the Dwarfs don't sign and they pose for pics quickly, hopefully the line moves fast if my family has to get at the end. <<<fingers crossed>>>
kabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:02 PM   #1479
arwood82
DIS Veteran

Popcorn buckets

Ok so I am in love with the popcorn buckets from Disney and I especially love the one this year. We use them at our house to put our change in to start saving for the next Disney trip. My question is does anyone know if I can call disney and order one of the halloween ones and get it shipped to my house. We are unable to go to the party this year because I had surgery on my brain stem 4 weeks ago. My son is 14 months and LOVES mickey and we are taking him to the party next year so I wanted one of the halloween buckets so he could start saving his money that his mamaw and papaw are giving him for his trip nesxt year. Right now we are just putting it in his regular piggy bank. I would greatly appreciate any info.
arwood82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:29 PM   #1480
stephielela
DIS Veteran

We are going to the party Tuesday!! After reading all the excellent advice here I am actually considering going the 30th as well! We will wait and see how much we get done at the first one, and how our funds are doing... So excited!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:39 PM   #1481
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elonperry8 View Post
I see on the character list there is Timon and Rafiki. Does anyone know how long those lines have been for them?
15 seconds.

On busy nights... it might push to 5 minutes... might!

I've been to the party for the last three years and have yet to see a line for these two characters, at most I've seen 2 families. It's probably because you can meet them both at DAK and they are not dressed any differently for the party. Also, they are kind of hidden because the Veranda is often ignored, so the lines are never too bad in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by featherface View Post
The line moves fairly quickly for the mice, nothing like the dreaded longs lines from past years.

I think it's fine to have someone hold a spot. A grandmother was holding a spot in front of us for her entire family and we had no problem with that. Since they only take pictures, it doesn't really matter if that picture is with one person or 5, so joining late doesn't really affect the timing (unlike those that sign).
Old 09-26-2010, 01:56 PM   #1482
Nutz4Dizney
DIS Veteran

I noticed in the official character line up they had Queen of Hearts listed for a meet and greet after Mix and Mingle and meeting by Tea Cups.

Last year Queen of Hearts and White Rabbit switched places with Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum are they doing that this year?
Sept 2002 Poly - Sept 2004 CR - April 2005 PC - Sept 2005 CR - Sept 2006 CR - Dec 2007 CR - Dec 2008 POFQ - Sept 2009 PORS - Sept 2010 CBR (Pirate Room) - Sept 2012 POP - Sept 2013 CBR - Sept 2014 AoA (CARS)
2 Disney Cruises June 2006 Wonder - August 2007 Wonder

Nutz4Dizney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:20 PM   #1483
ugadog99
Has been waiting patiently for a visit from the Tag Fairy and found that good things come to those who wait
Is on a hunt for the best Creme Brulee!

I haven't had time to read through all the posts. I'm trying to help a family of Disney newbies. Can anyone post a list of all the rides and attractions that are open during the party? Thanks!!
Old 09-26-2010, 02:49 PM   #1484
grace&philipsmom
DIS Veteran

I posted this elsewhere but didn't get any real response. Does anyone know why after the villains mix and mingle Maleficent stays behind the rope for her photo? We have a pic of DD with her last year, and we are going to MNSSHP this year with DD as Maleficent (thanks to mom2rtk!). I was just wondering if they would be separated by the rope again and if anyone knew why?

Thanks,
K
Old 09-26-2010, 03:40 PM   #1485
nurse27
Mouseketeer

I just purchased my tickets for the party this Friday, Oct. 1st. We are driving down for the weekend. Hoping that the party won't be too packed! My question is the lady I spoke to on the phone told me we could not enter the park until 7 with our MNSSHP tickets since we didn't have regular park tickets. I heard we could start entering as early as 4??? Can anyone confirm this??? Thanks.
nurse27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: