Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2010, 03:54 PM   #751
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambycat View Post
i just learned what clouding was!!!! i will run wild straightening out table cloths if they cloud my cake!! heh!
I told my WP that if the table cloth on my cake table was clouded I was going to get all bridezilla and have a 2 year old tantrum...stomping foot and everything!

I've made it VERY clear that I don't want this to both my WP and floral...I've told everyone that will listen.

I'm waiting on my BEO to make sure that it is on there.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #752
Greenepona
Stitch's Cuttlefish

I want to get my hands on one of those mickey Head stampers! thanks for the awesome pictures!!
09/11 FW*10/10 FW*11/09 Off site*03/08 Off site*09/07 ASMU*05/06 DTD only*02/05 ASM*01/04 Off Site ('rents house in FL)*09/02 Off Site (time share)*08/98 FW*08/96 FW*08/94 FW*08/92 FW*08/90 FW*08/88 FW*08/86 FW

Me: DF:
Greenepona is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2010, 05:22 PM   #753
2nd Time Bride
Mouseketeer

Do you think they would cloud the cake table at Sunset Pointe? My cake table flowers are very short and will probably look silly with the clouding - I never thought about it until I saw these posts...thanks!!

1997-Offsite
1999-Offsite
2004-Offsite
2009-Grand Floridian
2010-Bay Lake Tower/Contemporary, Married at Poly!
2015-DVC-Animal Kingdom Villas
2nd Time Bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:28 PM   #754
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

Clouding

I told everyone I did not want clouding on my cake table.....it was on my BEO....and what happens when I get to the Whitehall Room....yep....the cake table had clouding....I mentioned it to my planner when I go there but what was I going to do.....so I let it go....but it really did not go with a geometric mad hatter cake!
Old 09-10-2010, 11:50 PM   #755
GleepingBeauty
Earning My Ears

What is clouding? Is there a picture that shows it in one of the threads?
Old 09-11-2010, 12:17 AM   #756
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Clouding is when they take the linens on a table and pouf and swirl them up around the cake stand, like this:

lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:18 AM   #757
super_k0116
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambycat View Post
i just learned what clouding was!!!! i will run wild straightening out table cloths if they cloud my cake!! heh!

i'm trying to work up ideas for a haunted mansion inspired grooms cake, but absent of being connected with the actual bakers, i seem to be coming up at loose ends. all the planner has done was INCLUDE it on our BEO (which i specifically requested for her NOT to do as it is to be a surprise) and puzzle over what a $200 haunted mansion "sheet cake" (words off the BEO) could possibly be.....

waiting to speak with our planner and hopefully get a direct connection to the bakers. i don't have photoshop and there are so many ways a HM cake could go, i hadn't really tried to draw anything up as of yet....

interestingly, not much of anything on the interwebs in the way of HM and cake.
There are a bunch cool Haunted Mansion cakes on the thread Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II (Indexed Cake Photos Post 2). (I can't post links yet, sorry.

The second post lists all the Haunted Mansion cakes Disney has made. The best one is the link titled "(the one that started it all)" IMHO.

Hope this helps.
super_k0116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:22 AM   #758
super_k0116
Mouseketeer

Guess the Haunted Mansion Cake issue was answered. Guess I should have read below before posting

Oh well, sorry ladies.
super_k0116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:16 AM   #759
Rebclay
I found my prince!!!

[QUOTE=sambycat;38145493] i'm trying to work up ideas for a haunted mansion inspired grooms cake, but absent of being connected with the actual bakers, i seem to be coming up at loose ends. all the planner has done was INCLUDE it on our BEO (which i specifically requested for her NOT to do as it is to be a surprise) and puzzle over what a $200 haunted mansion "sheet cake" (words off the BEO) could possibly be.....
QUOTE]

We were quoted something similar on our BEO. We went with a pirate's of the caribbean theme. I told the baker to go nuts and this is what we got:

DH absolutely loved it (it was a surprise).

[QUOTE=Kimmers127;38152474] The not very impressive cake was made at the BoardWalk bakery... I mean honestly, it was so bad we almost refused it when we got there to pick it up. If we weren't on the last 2 days of our trip I would have insisted that it be remade. I told them that my mom is really into the Wishes fireworks and the Magic Kingdom castle, and her favorite park is Typhoon Lagoon. I said I wanted a really intricate and elaborately themed cake and I didn't care what it cost, and I asked them what they thought they could do the most with. The woman got really excited and said she immediately had TONS of ideas for a really great Typhoon Lagoon cake so I said great, let's do that. We received a cake that was frosted blue, had some graham cracker "sand" at the edge, and had a boat randomly plopped in the center.... and that's it. I was just so disappointed. It looked like something you'd pick up for $15 at the grocery store, except I paid $120 for it.
QUOTE]

I will say that the boardwalk bakery did a good job with ours. I've seen some not so good cakes but our groom's cake came out really well. I didn't know what to expect when i put in the order because i just told the bakers to run with the pirate's of the caribbean theme.

Rebecca & Allen's PJ 9/6/10 DP/WP/Bistro de Paris
Rebclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:35 AM   #760
sambycat
DIS Veteran

thanks for all the pointers about the HM cakes! i've sent pics to the planner, supposed to talk with her this week, it will be interesting to see what they say and what we get. this is the part where i am getting nervous because i want some confirmation somehow that at least we are on the same page?

as to clouding.... just say NO!!!

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:16 PM   #761
Rebclay
I found my prince!!!

We don't have our professional pics yet but this was our wedding cake.

Rebecca & Allen's PJ 9/6/10 DP/WP/Bistro de Paris
Rebclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:20 PM   #762
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have pics of a Publix wedding cake? Anyone have any comments on a Pulix wedding cake?
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:41 PM   #763
DisWishes720
Mouseketeer

Here is a picture of our cake from our at home wedding! It was made by "The Pink Cake Box" in NJ. It had three different flavors and was absolutely delicious!!

DisWishes720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:23 AM   #764
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandrea View Post
Does anyone have pics of a Publix wedding cake? Anyone have any comments on a Pulix wedding cake?
Check Tonya's PJ/TR...if I can find it I will post it....In short, she didn't have a good experience. Wrong colors, icing melted, poor design...
Old 09-26-2010, 10:30 AM   #765
pixie921
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisWishes720 View Post
Here is a picture of our cake from our at home wedding! It was made by "The Pink Cake Box" in NJ. It had three different flavors and was absolutely delicious!!

That's absolutely beautiful! I love looking at their site ... such pretty cakes!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: