Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2010, 08:19 AM   #76
aaronmckie
actual name: Jason
Don't judge me by tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
And I said this over on Jaime's report, but GREAT JOB JASON!!
Thanks Brook

The Orlando one was 50-100x more fun than the one here in Chicago, I hope to run it again in WDW
Old 09-22-2010, 09:26 PM   #77
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
Great Animal Kingdom Day. Mark noticed they moved the camera last time. He always looked petrified for some reason in every Dinosaur picture and said he was ready for it, and then they moved it and he wasn't ready. He still looked scared. Wonder why they moved it - thought the original spot was better.

Happy (late) anniversary. Looks like it was a great night/way to wrap up your anniversary for the two of you.
Yeah I thought the original spot was awesome! And I can't believe they moved the dinosaur! I am not scared on that ride anymore now.

Thanks! It was a great night!

Quote:
I've heard from several TRs they moved the dinosaur and the camera - I wonder if I'll remember when I ride it. Probably not!

That was a VERY full day between the Muddy Buddy and the entire day at AK. Jiko always looks so fantastic, someday I WILL eat there...!
It was a very very full day! We were exhausted! Jiko was awesome! I really enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
I'll need a briefing of the new camera spot sometime within the next 16 days. Or we'll have to ride it twice....
Did you find the camera?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmckie View Post
The two POTENT drinks before/with dinner didn't help much, either (the bartender at Jiko did not mess around, they were at least 80% alcohol).
Yeah you were pretty loopy, but not as loopy as Indy .

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmckie View Post
Thanks Brook

The Orlando one was 50-100x more fun than the one here in Chicago, I hope to run it again in WDW
I wonder if you will run somewhere else next year.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2010, 10:21 PM   #78
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

A Magical Morning @ the MK!

Sorry, I haven't updated this in a long time. I am sad to see the tag hang on the door, and I don't want to post a picture...cause it means this trip is almost over!

Another reason is I have been so busy with my couponing and savings blog that I have hardly had anytime to do anything else! I still have shows from last season to watch!

But I guess it is time to view the picture....

It is Mother's Day. I miss Aaron.

We are meeting the gang at Magic Kingdom this morning for rope drop.

Ok we missed it by 7 minutes. But that was pretty good considering we got up at 4 am yesterday went all day, and all night. I don't even remember what time we finally got to sleep. But we beat the rest of the group in so I decided to pin trade alot!

Jason has a fro.

(that reminds me I really got to cut his hair)

When we pass by the times board I recognize Corey's (from the podcast) sister Anna. We stop and chat with her for a little bit about using Corey's bike for the Muddy Buddy and we tell her that we are off to go to Dumbo because one of our friend's has been to Disney a ton of times and has never rode Dumbo! So when Kim walks through Anna stops her and gives her a pin for her first time riding Dumbo!

This was in one of the shops I did some pin trading in. Something was going on in the little room, but it looks really cool! It is the dress the mice and birds were making for Cinderella!

They finally have arrived!

Kim and her first ride on Dumbo!

We had fun snapping pictures of each other.

After we got off Dumbo we had a potty stop, by the pottys back there. And I didn't even know these existed. It was at this point when I stopped and realized that were were 7 of us and Snow White! We were the 7 dwarfs. We were all picking which one we wanted to be. Kim-Doc, Jen- Dopey, Jaime- Sleepy, Anna- Happy , Tracey- Bashful , Robin- Grumpy (sorry you really aren't) , Me- Sneezy. Wow, it is just so perfect. Jason really is Snow White!

Looks like he is excited about it!

Next stop Peter Pan's Flight! Off to Never Never Land!

Gotta figure out how to take pictures in low light and moving.

Aaron's favorite!
iasw!

well we now know what time it is.

And when we get out it is:

So the ride takes roughly 15 minutes....it is down for refurb when we are there in October and it is suppose to open up when we leave for my cousin's wedding in Tampa, but our flight back to Chicago is leaving from Orlando. So if we get to MK for rope drop on Monday. We should be able to ride it...40 times...if there is no line and we don't eat lunch. So let's shoot for 20!

Time for lunch! Where will we eat? Ooooohhh I sense Disney Chicken Nuggets for Jason!

and a tuna fish sandwich for myself! Yum!

I love eating up here!

We have time for Haunted Mansion and then it is time for our Top of The World Lounge DVC thing at 1 pm.

When we were walking down mainstreet there was some streetmesphere (sp) going on. We were dancing and a having a good time. We traded pins with some of the characters and Tracey was trading pins with Scoop. I asked to see his pins too, and I saw a Donald Duck one. I asked to trade for it and he said hang on I will be right back. He left for a good while, and came back with the whole set!

What an awesome morning in the MK with friends!

Last edited by A.Mickey; 09-22-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:19 AM   #79
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

You guys are amazing for getting up for rope drop!!!! I can barely do that when going to bed at a normal time.

Sorry to hear you were missing Aaron. But, it's good that you were with friends having a fun time to take your mind off that!

I love how you have 20 times in a row planned for Small World! I wonder if there is a World Record???

Doing one of those savings blogs can suck up ALL your free time, can't it? There are so many deals! I need to get back into it a bit, even just the free samples and such - it really does help the budget a ton!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 10-09-2010, 07:37 AM   #80
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
You guys are amazing for getting up for rope drop!!!! I can barely do that when going to bed at a normal time.

Sorry to hear you were missing Aaron. But, it's good that you were with friends having a fun time to take your mind off that!

I love how you have 20 times in a row planned for Small World! I wonder if there is a World Record???

Doing one of those savings blogs can suck up ALL your free time, can't it? There are so many deals! I need to get back into it a bit, even just the free samples and such - it really does help the budget a ton!
We always try to get there at rope drop, it is amazing how most parks are pretty empty until around 11.

Yeah, it was my 2nd mother's day maybe even my 3rd that I was away from him.

I know I cannot wait for our vaca! It is right around the corner!!! And I really hope iasw will be open on that Monday!

Yes the savings blog definitely can suck up time, and just trying to save money in general can too, but it definitely is worth it! We save on average 1,000 dollars a month and we have a surplus of food and bathroom stuff (I don't know how to spell tolitries) in the house now!
Old 10-09-2010, 07:49 AM   #81
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

BLT Touring

We have an appt for 1 pm at the Top of the World Lounge. As we head over on the path we look hard for Jaime's brick, but we don't find it. The next week Jen goes back and finds it.

We made it!

We are in the lobby for a little bit, and then we are whisked up to the top!

We are then lead inside the lounge for the DVC presentation.

Where we promptly get more food!

YUM! The cheesecake on a stick was to die for!

2 out of 3 of the entourage get picked for the panel. 1 for the youngest DVC owner (Tracey) and 1 for the most Disney cruises (Robin).

Jaime's flirting today was at an all trip high. Jaime flirting with the old man.

Anna won a photo album

We are brought back down to view the pool area and the models.
It was really weird seeing the models in Orlando, since they actually have an "outside". I am so use to the ones at Woodfield.

See outside!

Kim shows us the lovely pull out storage shelving.

(does anyone actually stay here that long that they need this?)

Jason is wiped out!

We go and sit in a room and talk about numbers with the gang....and Jaime flirts some more.

We got our fastpasses!

Now we are heading for where else? More food! Bring on Beaches N Cream...but how will we get there?

Last edited by A.Mickey; 10-09-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:00 AM   #82
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Mickey View Post

YUM! The cheesecake on a stick was to die for!
We did the tour last month and I think I ate 6 of those cheesecake pops! YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Quote:

(does anyone actually stay here that long that they need this?)
When we stayed over NYE in a 2 bed we had the kitchen STOCKED over at Kidani; however, this is the Studio! No stove! How many boxes of cereal and Pop Tarts can fit in the kitchen?
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 10-29-2010, 09:58 PM   #83
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
We did the tour last month and I think I ate 6 of those cheesecake pops! YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

When we stayed over NYE in a 2 bed we had the kitchen STOCKED over at Kidani; however, this is the Studio! No stove! How many boxes of cereal and Pop Tarts can fit in the kitchen?
I don't even know how many I ate! I think I had 6 just up in the lounge and about 4 more when we were down talking with the guide.

Yeah we just got back from OKW and I think we put nothing in the cabinet, but we did have a few bags of popcorn and pouches of oatmeal on the counter.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:22 PM   #84
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

So we are now deciding how we will get to Beaches N Cream.

(I love this! Mainly because it was one of my first memories from my trip when I was 2 1/2, but also because it is Mary Blair!)

Jason and I do not have a rental car and we would like to stop at MouseGears to pick up Aaron some souvenirs on the way. So we say we will just take the monorail and walk through Epcot. Then Jaime says she will come with us, and then everyone else says they will come too. So we are going on a mini adventure!

We actually decide that we will wait until Tron shows up.

Tron is a wild ride!

Hard to take pics out of monorail windows that have been overlayed with Tron.

We stop in Mousegears and buy Aaron the 3 Disney bus set and we buy our 1st vinylmation (mostly for momma, but Aaron can open it)

Then we run/walk to catch up with the rest of the group. We meet up with them in England.

Ahhhh! The Boardwalk.

We get a pager and head up to their room for a little bit before dinner.
(We aren't exactly sure the pager will go off in the room)

Jaime gives Jen and I these cute antenna toppers.

I love these Orchids by Cape May.

Wow! I think someone is tired?

YUUUUMMM!!!!

Double YUUUMMM YUMMMM!!!

Jaime and I have an ice cream eating contest with our hands behind our backs.

It was a fun dinner and a great time! I love me some Beaches and Cream. And now the feeling of my vacation is about to change. The whole time I haven't really felt like I was at Walt Disney World...until now!

Jaime decides she wants to pose....

And it was the pose above where Jaime gets recognized by Mary from the DIS. LOL! She even knew who Jason and I were. cool by association.

They pose for a picture and we are off to the MK!

And Jason picked up a new wife.

As did I.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:46 PM   #85
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

We got Henry the 3 bus set on our last trip and the ME one became his lovey! It's been lost recently, so he is using the Cruise Line bus (which previous was "Daddy's bus" - "Mommy's bus" is the one that takes to you the parks). We will have to get a new set when we go down in Feb/March - he LOVES them so much! It's kinda cute.

I'm glad you got the "I'm in Disney!" feeling now! Those pictures of Jaime posing are hilarious.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:15 AM   #86
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
We got Henry the 3 bus set on our last trip and the ME one became his lovey! It's been lost recently, so he is using the Cruise Line bus (which previous was "Daddy's bus" - "Mommy's bus" is the one that takes to you the parks). We will have to get a new set when we go down in Feb/March - he LOVES them so much! It's kinda cute.

I'm glad you got the "I'm in Disney!" feeling now! Those pictures of Jaime posing are hilarious.
That is cute! I thought those buses are awesome and can't beat the price! Has the ME bus reappeared?

I know it took a long time this trip! We almost already have to do our online check in for our flight home in 24 hours from this point in our trip!

LOL! Jaime posing is hilarious. Once she starts I can't stop taking pictures. LOL. And the best part was while she was posing behind the plant was when she got recognized by a complete stranger to us.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:19 AM   #87
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

I am about to be reunited with all of these great people on my May Trip! I am lucky enough to go to Disney 3 times this year. We leave on Friday Dec 3rd and we will get back Dec 19th. I hope to have this trip report wrapped up by the new year and then I will be working on October's and December's until it is time to start planning Septembers! That is right, we booked AK Value for Sept 28th-Oct 5th. Our 5 year wedding anniversary is Sept 29th and MK's 40th is Oct 1st! We are hoping to get back to Vicky and Al's and this time we will stay away from the sweetbread! We are also using a week at Sheraton Vistana's that we got an amazing deal on either before our after our week at AK.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:23 PM   #88
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Yep! The ME bus was just found YESTERDAY. Henry was thrilled!

Enjoy your trip! I sooooo wish I was there too. We were supposed to be. Perhaps PCC 3.0! (are you guys going?)

I'll be watching Facebook! And looking forward to more crazy pictures!
Old 01-24-2011, 08:20 PM   #89
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Yep! The ME bus was just found YESTERDAY. Henry was thrilled!

Enjoy your trip! I sooooo wish I was there too. We were supposed to be. Perhaps PCC 3.0! (are you guys going?)

I'll be watching Facebook! And looking forward to more crazy pictures!
Glad the ME bus was found!! We won't be on PCC 3.0, but we will be going to the world in Sept-October so we can be there for our 5th wedding anniversary and MK's 40th and I might run my 1st 5k. We will see!
Old 01-27-2011, 06:57 AM   #90
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Mickey View Post
Glad the ME bus was found!! We won't be on PCC 3.0, but we will be going to the world in Sept-October so we can be there for our 5th wedding anniversary and MK's 40th and I might run my 1st 5k. We will see!

Sooooooooooooo many DISers are going during that same time. I would love to go then too!! I really want to do that same 5k...I'm not ruling it all out, but it's not likely. I could use the "5th Anniversary" idea though...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: