Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2010, 08:47 PM   #496
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

I haven't seen Laaaammmbert for quite a while! Thanks for sharing.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:48 PM   #497
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

You're very welcome!

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2010, 12:22 PM   #498
DisneyFirefly

Look what came in the mail today!

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
Old 09-20-2010, 12:35 PM   #499
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Yayyyy!!! Mickey Mail!!!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:39 PM   #500
laashley
DIS Veteran

Woohoo for Mickey Mail!!!!!
laashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:39 PM   #501
DisneyFirefly

Very yay! I'm so excited now!

Me DBF
Old 09-20-2010, 12:40 PM   #502
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by laashley View Post
Woohoo for Mickey Mail!!!!!

Me DBF
Old 09-21-2010, 06:07 AM   #503
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Mickey Mail

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:28 AM   #504
DisneyFirefly

Yup!

Me DBF
Old 09-22-2010, 12:15 AM   #505
DisneyFirefly

Today makes 30 days before my trip! In 30 days, 7 hours, and 33 minutes, my plane will be departing the gate at Midway Airport!

And, because I'm a dork, I'm posting the last update for my illustrated itinerary!

Friday, October 29, 2010

So, this is my departure day It makes me sad already just writing this out, but oh well. I'll be back at WDW on October 31, 2011, and will be spending my birthday at DLR in June 2011 So that makes it better.

Speaking of birthdays, this day will be my brother's 29th birthday, so the first thing I'm going to do when I wake up will be to call him and annoy the heck out of him. It's tradition

Anyway, after talking to my brother, I'm planning on getting showered and packed up and checking out around 11am. After checking my bags with luggage services (due to the Customer of Size policy for Southwest, I can't use RAC), I'm going to run over here for lunch and some last minute shopping:

I'm not going to do much shopping, just anything I forgot to get earlier in the week or that I needed to be fresh. I've promised one of my residents that I'm going to get her a caramel apple, so I'll get that then. Does anyone know if they can be carried onto a plane? I hope so.

For lunch, I'll stop here and grab a sandwich and eat it out by the lake, unless it's raining:

Around 2, I'll head back to Pop to get my things out of storage. I'm giving myself extra time with this, just in case. I don't want to be that crazed last minute person DME should pick me up around 4 or 4:30, and then I'll be headed here:

My flight lands around 9:15pm, at which point, I will be here:

Obviously not in the middle of Lake Michigan, but you get the point

I'm off work on October 30 and 31, so I'll unpack, do laundry, get my TR going, edit photos, have some sort of Halloween celebration at home, and then return to work on November 1

So that's my illustrated itinerary! Yay! Only 30 days left!

Me DBF
Old 09-22-2010, 05:58 PM   #506
laashley
DIS Veteran

Why is it that even though you haven't even left for disney just the thought of flying back home is making me so sad. Maybe because I know we will have already been home for 4 days. No more last day talk! Let's go back to the fun stuff!

On a good note, I am really looking forward to EoS. The sandwiches look so yummy! And yay for 30 days!!!
laashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:42 PM   #507
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Yay for 30 days!!!

How sad, your last day already! At least you're going to EoS! LOVE that place!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:49 PM   #508
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by laashley View Post
Why is it that even though you haven't even left for disney just the thought of flying back home is making me so sad. Maybe because I know we will have already been home for 4 days. No more last day talk! Let's go back to the fun stuff!

On a good note, I am really looking forward to EoS. The sandwiches look so yummy! And yay for 30 days!!!
Well, I'm thinking about other things to post so I can keep writing this PTR I have a list of "foods I'm likely to get at the restaurants I'm going to", and am also likely to steal an idea from another PTR and make a list of things I'm looking forward to NOT doing while on my trip

I'm really looking forward to EOS as well I've eaten there before, but not in years. I've heard really good things about it, though, and can't wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Yay for 30 days!!!

How sad, your last day already! At least you're going to EoS! LOVE that place!
Yes, I am going to EOS and will also make a stop at Goofy's, so that's good But yeah, yay for 30 days!

Me DBF
Old 09-22-2010, 07:58 PM   #509
Simba22
DIS Veteran

OK first, I have to say I am mad I missed the first round of your game! Lambert was always one of my favorites!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
And with Old Navy, they don't carry plus size in store, so you have to order it online. Their sizes are a bit of a crap shoot (I bought two shirts in the same size, same style, one fits fine, the other's a tent), and then if it doesn't fit, you normally have to pay return shipping to send it back You'd think they could treat their plus size consumers a little more fairly. If they're not going to offer it in store, at least offer free returns. They're doing that now, but it's for "a limited time".

Anyway, good luck with your jeans shopping! I hope you find something you like Is there a Fashion Bug near you? Their prices are usually pretty reasonable, and they have extreme discount sales fairly regularly. They also ship to the store for free, so if you find a better price online than in the store, you can always order it online and have it sent to the store
They sell up to an 18 in pants and occassionally you can find an XXXL in shirts at the ON stores around here. I need a 16 in pants (although after I wear them a couple times they stretch out and then people tell me that I'm losing weight when I'm really not! ). I usually grab two of the same shirt when I'm trying them on in the store...an XL and a XXL. Every shirt fits differently and I'm..ahem...curvy up top, I guess you could say so I need to buy my shirts big just so they are long enough. I feel like writing a book called "How You Know Your Clothes Were Designed By A Man." They are always too wide and too short which causes that "tent effect." I hate it. And people wonder why I live in hooded sweatshirts and mens t-shirts.

Quote:
Fashion Bug sometimes has good stuff, too
I got my two most favorite pairs of sunglasses at Fashion Bug. They were 2 for $24 and I can't wait to wear them to Disney World!

Quote:
I've heard that nothing is worse than the pain of childbirth, but if that's worse than this pain, I never want to have kids
Actually, I've heard a lot of woman say that the only thing worse than childbirth is tooth pain! I don't have kids so I can't say, but that's what I've heard!

Yay for the rest of your Mickey Mail!
Yay for a scheduled trip to DL for your birthday!
Yay for a new ticker!
Yay for having your surgery scheduled (you'll feel so much better afterwards!)
Yay for breakfast at CP and lunch a The Plaza! You will love both, they are two my favorites!

We'll be leaving the same day as you and we also have 10/30 and 10/31 off from work...therefore we will also be going back to work on 11/1! Of course, that's the sucky part of the trip but at least it means another one is coming soon!
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:38 PM   #510
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
OK first, I have to say I am mad I missed the first round of your game! Lambert was always one of my favorites!
Well, as I said earlier, I think the person who got that round won't be back, since I haven't seen them before or since But there's only four left

Quote:
They sell up to an 18 in pants and occassionally you can find an XXXL in shirts at the ON stores around here. I need a 16 in pants (although after I wear them a couple times they stretch out and then people tell me that I'm losing weight when I'm really not! ). I usually grab two of the same shirt when I'm trying them on in the store...an XL and a XXL. Every shirt fits differently and I'm..ahem...curvy up top, I guess you could say so I need to buy my shirts big just so they are long enough. I feel like writing a book called "How You Know Your Clothes Were Designed By A Man." They are always too wide and too short which causes that "tent effect." I hate it. And people wonder why I live in hooded sweatshirts and mens t-shirts.
I've never been able to find any plus size stuff in the stores here in Chicago. I'm also on the higher end of what they carry (their sizes, I'd be a 24, but most others, I'm a 28). But yeah, their sizing is ridiculous. I hate it when people who don't understand plus size bodies design plus size clothes. Not everyone looks good in floral prints! I look like a couch!

Quote:
I got my two most favorite pairs of sunglasses at Fashion Bug. They were 2 for $24 and I can't wait to wear them to Disney World!
I wear glasses, but I do have contacts. I'm trying to get used to wearing them again, but it's a pain in the neck I'm hoping to get a new batch of contacts when I come back from Florida, as I only have (I think) two boxes left. The sunglasses I have were from K-Mart

Quote:
Actually, I've heard a lot of woman say that the only thing worse than childbirth is tooth pain! I don't have kids so I can't say, but that's what I've heard!
I just hate tooth pain. I haven't been in a whole lot of pain lately, but when I swallow, I sometimes get a burst of pain in the tooth. My brother said it's because I'm creating suction or something. :

Quote:
Yay for the rest of your Mickey Mail!
Yay for a scheduled trip to DL for your birthday!
Yay for a new ticker!
Yay for having your surgery scheduled (you'll feel so much better afterwards!)
Yay for breakfast at CP and lunch a The Plaza! You will love both, they are two my favorites!
I haven't eaten at The Plaza before, and I've only ever had lunch at CP, so I'm hoping I'll like them I love breakfast food, so that should be great I'm not particularly looking forward to the surgery, but I need it done and that's that.

Quote:
We'll be leaving the same day as you and we also have 10/30 and 10/31 off from work...therefore we will also be going back to work on 11/1! Of course, that's the sucky part of the trip but at least it means another one is coming soon!
That's too funny that we all go back to work on the same day Yeah, it's the sucky part of the trip, but such is life

Me DBF

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: