Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 05:32 PM   #2401
Enzo's Dad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
DW really through me for a loop this weekend. Since our Carnival cruise booking was canceled by Carnival, we haven't nailed down what our next vacation is going to be. Obviously I have been doing what I can to get DW interested in at least a partial visit to WDW... but she hasn't been biting... until this weekend.
She presented me with a challenge: Get us into Boardwalk Villas/Inn AND a visit to Busch Gardens Tampa for under $3k and she will give the nod. So... now I'm trying to piece together a split vacation and it's proving to be interesting. I'm thinking the only way I'd be able to fit in a few days at DBV is possibly through renting points from DVC. Rack rates are simply too high to fit in the budget. But I have to say I'm a bit leery of renting points. Has anyone else done this? BUT... on the other hand... this could possibly usher in our first stay at a DVC resort... and with DVC magic around maybe push us into buying DVC. Anyway... just wanted to share my dilemma with you guys. Thanks for listening

We have never rented points but this year we rented some of our points out for the first time. We used the rent trade board here and had no trouble. I told DW we were not the ones who really had to worry, other than the risk of getting a renter who trashed the place. Thank goodness this did not happen.

I will probably have to rent points to go when we do in May to see two of my nieces march down mainstreet.

Dis Dad Club member #525
'81WDW off property 2000-01All Star sports(Honeymoon/new years trip) 2004 POR 2005 POR 2007 SSR (first trip Home) 2008 SSR Enzo's 1ST 2010 SSR trip
Old 09-20-2010, 09:59 PM   #2402
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

Quote:
DW really through me for a loop this weekend. Since our Carnival cruise booking was canceled by Carnival, we haven't nailed down what our next vacation is going to be. Obviously I have been doing what I can to get DW interested in at least a partial visit to WDW... but she hasn't been biting... until this weekend.
She presented me with a challenge: Get us into Boardwalk Villas/Inn AND a visit to Busch Gardens Tampa for under $3k and she will give the nod. So... now I'm trying to piece together a split vacation and it's proving to be interesting. I'm thinking the only way I'd be able to fit in a few days at DBV is possibly through renting points from DVC. Rack rates are simply too high to fit in the budget. But I have to say I'm a bit leery of renting points. Has anyone else done this? BUT... on the other hand... this could possibly usher in our first stay at a DVC resort... and with DVC magic around maybe push us into buying DVC. Anyway... just wanted to share my dilemma with you guys. Thanks for listening
also sent pm
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2010, 11:34 PM   #2403
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Fed's last day reinactment could it have gone this way, Fed walks into Commanding Officers office, Mike, I want to Thank You for your fine service to the United States Military (gives handshake), but after today you are to never to return to this part of the World (Mike looking) door shuts looks back Donald Trump standing there, say's Mike I got 2 word's for you ---- You're Fired!

This just in
This is Les Nesmen reporting from Iraq, Mike (aka Fed) is on his way home.

Singing theme from Welcome Back Kotter

Dis Dads party it up honering Fed
pa rtyarty:
pa rtyarty:

Well anyway Welcome Home & Thank You for your service keeping us free & safe
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 09-22-2010 at 01:03 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:40 PM   #2404
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRitz View Post

Darn it, we leave for Orlando in 10 DAYS!!!!! No one is allowed to be sick between now and the middle of October!!
mmmmmmmmm Maybe if we make a version of this that will apply to everyone, MANLAW! We can prevent this from happening

The Force with the Dis Dads is strong
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 09-21-2010, 04:59 AM   #2405
rbenn81
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRitz View Post
I may just go crazy in the next ten days.

For about the last two and a half weeks, we've been fighting to get The Bug's asthma back under control. She'd had no problems at all in about two years, then suddenly with the arrival of this fall, it's been a mess. Asthma attack, followed by strep throat, followed by allergic reaction to her antibiotic, followed by more asthma issues . . .

Now, Squeaker has a nasty cough, my throat is scratchy, and DW is having stomach issues today.

Darn it, we leave for Orlando in 10 DAYS!!!!! No one is allowed to be sick between now and the middle of October!!
Feel your pain. DD6 came down with strep throat middle of last week. She finishes her antibiotic on Friday. Now I just have to hope this is it. Oh and the desktop at home decided to crash yesterday. Ugghhhh. I'm afraid to ask what else could, forget it, too superstitious to go down that road. Here's to hoping the repair guy can recover some of my files, especially my itineraries for this trip. on the bright side, at least we're ten days away from our trips!!!!
Disdad Member #464
Me DW DD DS
Old 09-21-2010, 08:07 AM   #2406
Coach81
DIS Veteran

AJ.. ya got 10 days to get everyone healthy... load up on the meds.. and good food.. plenty of rest.. etc..etc..

GOOD LUCK!!!
Next Trip- Super Summer Trip w Trahans @ SSR Treehouse Villas!!! Last Trip-Mardi Gras '14 VWL, May '13 SSR Grand Villa!!! May '12 AKV 5/11 UF (HRH) 3/11 BLT, 5/10 THV,3/10 UF (RPR), 12/9 BCV, 5/9 BWV, 2/9 SSR, 5/8 AKV, 2/8 OKW Joined DVC Spring '07

Old 09-21-2010, 08:13 AM   #2407
unclescrooge_0707
I'M ON THE RIGHT!!!
DDC 418

Quote:
I think the challenge of booking a vacation is a "good problem". as opposed to leaving in 10 days and half the family is ill... THAT'S a problem.

also, I think i read somewhere that Fed is back? You were gone? huh...

My completed first Trip Report:
I'm not a foodie, but I play one at WDW - completed through lack of updates 6/14/11!
Old 09-21-2010, 10:08 AM   #2408
Rental01
DIS Dad’s Club Member #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
mmmmmmmmm Maybe if we make a version of this that will apply to everyone, MANLAW! We can prevent this from happening

The Force with the Dis Dads is strong
Agreed! Submitted for the Dis Dad's floor vote:

<manlaw>No one in any family of a Dis Dad is allowed to get the sniffles, laryngitis (me on my last trip), aches, pains, general feeling of anything abnormal within 10 days of, or during any scheduled vacation. You can be sick on your own time, Disney time is to be accident and illness free!</manlaw>
Home School Dis Dad's Alliance
Old 09-21-2010, 10:17 AM   #2409
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

Quote:
Originally Posted by rental01 View Post
agreed! Submitted for the dis dad's floor vote:

<manlaw>no one in any family of a dis dad is allowed to get the sniffles, laryngitis (me on my last trip), aches, pains, general feeling of anything abnormal within 10 days of, or during any scheduled vacation. You can be sick on your own time, disney time is to be accident and illness free!</manlaw>
second!
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

Old 09-21-2010, 03:54 PM   #2410
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:

Soo...my first thought is...Busch Gardens only has to be one day...right?
Old 09-21-2010, 06:09 PM   #2411
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

Thumbs up DIS Dad's Club Fantasy Football League - Week 2

Hello Sports Fans. With 2 weeks in the books, we now present the updated standings from the DIS Dad's Club Fantasy Football League:

SPORT GOOFY
The Mouse of Pain 2-0-0
Matterhorn Yodelers 2-0-0
Taxidermy Tech 2-0-0
Jasmine's Necklace 1-1-0
Grumpy Old Men 1-1-0
Passamaquody Dragons 0-2-0
Main Street Moose 0-2-0

TOUCHDOWN MICKEY
Thunder Mtn Locos 1-1-0
Test Track Dummies 1-1-0
Small World Singers 1-1-0
Duckburg Ducks 1-1-0
Le Cellier Dwellers 1-1-0
Figment Cowboys 1-1-0
Kerchak's Tribe 0-2-0

As you can see, 3 teams have gotten off to fast starts in the SPORT GOOFY Division with undefeated records after 2 weeks. However, the TOUCHDOWN MICKEY Divison is a jumbled mess with a 6-way tie for first place. Kerchak's Tribe needs to sign Tarzan this week or they could be staring at 0-3.

There are some big division games again this week as teams try to separate themselves from the rest of their division like the ice cream on a Dole Whip Float.

As always, good luck to all, except for Jasmine's Necklace as they are playing The Mouse of Pain this week.

ClearScreen
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:03 PM   #2412
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

So, I downloaded the monorail.wav from http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/sounds.html and changed my sounds. So, everytime the computer logs on or off, you hear (really loud), "Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas." I changed the sounds on ALL the computers, including DW's work laptop. She is
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 09-21-2010, 11:15 PM   #2413
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
So, I downloaded the monorail.wav from http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/sounds.html and changed my sounds. So, everytime the computer logs on or off, you hear (really loud), "Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas." I changed the sounds on ALL the computers, including DW's work laptop. She is
LOL That is great!

Why is she mad?
Old 09-21-2010, 11:44 PM   #2414
brattosa
Mouseketeer

So I checked this week's DisDads fantasy football standings on Yahoo for week 2. Maybe I'm missing something, but is anyone else noticing the points don't add up right for some of the games?

Say for Philadelphia vs Detroit, I picked Philly to win. They did win but Yahoo tagged it as a missed pick and awarded 0 points. Same thing for the Oakland vs St. Louis game and the New Orleans vs San Francisco game. Not sure how the Houston vs Washington was a push; I had Houston to win and they did by 3 points.

I don't play fantasy sports very often but the scoring here doesn't make sense. Just seems kinda' wonky.
May '78-Offsite • June '95-Offsite • May '97-ASM & Contemporary (Honeymoon) • Nov '98-POFQ • June '99-ASM • May '02-ASM • May '05-Pop • May '08-Pop & Contemporary • June '10-SSR • Nov '12 SSR • May '14 SSR

DVC SSR Member
Old 09-21-2010, 11:51 PM   #2415
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattosa View Post
So I checked this week's DisDads fantasy football standings on Yahoo for week 2. Maybe I'm missing something, but is anyone else noticing the points don't add up right for some of the games?

Say for Philadelphia vs Detroit, I picked Philly to win. They did win but Yahoo tagged it as a missed pick and awarded 0 points. Same thing for the Oakland vs St. Louis game and the New Orleans vs San Francisco game. Not sure how the Houston vs Washington was a push; I had Houston to win and they did by 3 points.

I don't play fantasy sports very often but the scoring here doesn't make sense. Just seems kinda' wonky.
Philly only won by 3 points so since you picked Philly it is a loss since the spread was 6. Oakland only won by 2 so that is a loss.

That is what makes picking with the spread even harder than picking outright winners. This is why I never bet on football.... not that I bet on any sports other than against my friends.
Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: