Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2010, 09:09 PM   #16
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
It will be here before you know it, Bret!
We are going Oct 29-30, staying in the villas, going to the party on Friday Oct 29. I hope it is a lot of fun!
Hope you and your group have a good time during your visit later in October.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:13 PM   #17
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Now with F! dragon not working on Saturday and no time table for its return. We now decided not to do the F! dessert package. I was hoping to do both WoC and F! the same night, but with the uncertain of Murphy not running in October, we decided not do do the F! dessert package.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2010, 08:54 PM   #18
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

25 Days to go!!!
Old 09-07-2010, 11:48 PM   #19
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Now my DA and I are now considering doing the Happiest Haunts tour for Friday Oct. 1st. Since DL now offers a ultimate experience package for HalloweenTime. But the only reason we don't want to do the Happiest Haunts tour is that it starts at 5:00 pm and it will last 3 hours for the tour. And when it gets around 8 pm and we head over to DL, we might not be able to get a curb spot right in front of SBC for HS. But I am not doing it on Saturday since my cast will try to be at the blockade for WoC that night.

So I am still wondering if I should do the Happiest Haunts tour or just don't do it? I wanted to get a good front row viewing area of HS on that night. So i might have to do the tour one day in the future.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:17 AM   #20
joeysmommy
DIS Veteran

I was contemplating the same thing today when I called to book the happy haunts Tour for Sat Oct 2. I thought it included front row seats for the fireworks but the CM told me it does not.

I thought 5pm was a little early for the tour to start.

Last time we did the Discover the magic Tour and the Xmas Holiday Tour and they were the highlight of our trip, so I know all will be disappointed if there is no tour this time.

I thought about doing the tour on Friday night too, but I know my kids will be itching to get on rides and trick or treat for candy

Have you decided on a costume yet?
Old 09-08-2010, 12:28 AM   #21
joeysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Nice PTR

Congrats for winning tickets on the radio.

The good thing about staying at the GCH is that you and your family will be able to attend MM on Saturday and Sunday.

When you are there on Tuesday, I would use the GAD voucher on Tuesday than on Friday since you could spend a full half day at DL and DCA on Friday than go to DL for MHP. It would make sense to use your PH on Friday than on Tuesday while you will only be in DCA for only 4 hours that day and Friday for 8 hours.

You can do WoC on Tuesday if you want to do the picnic. That is an easy way to get a FP for WoC. You just show up a few hours until the 8:15 show and still get a good spot for the blue or yellow FP.

You could try to do WoC and F! on the same night, but it is really difficult to get the best spots.

The schedule looks good, hope you and your family have a great trip.

Maybe in a long shot, maybe I will see you there at the GCH. I will have my LGMH on my backpacks during my stay.

I will think about getting a Halloween costume for MHP on Oct 1st.
Hi Bret-
Sorry if I piggy-backed on your PTR..I was a little excited.
Thanks for the congrats on winning tickets..my kids were 30 mins late for school that morning the secretary totally understood when I told her why.

Good point on using the GAD at DCA for Tuesday, I was trying to make the $44 MHP ticket a little easier to swallow.
I'll just tell the kids we'll save DL for Wednesday morning. I promised Joey we'd ride Calif Screamin first thing on Tuesday afternoon.
I really want to see WoC on a weeknight before it gets too crowded on the weekend. But then we can also get an early FP when we're at GCH Sunday morning.

Definitely planning on MM while at GCH if I can get my sleepyheads up that early...love those blackout shades!
Old 09-09-2010, 08:01 PM   #22
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysmommy View Post
I was contemplating the same thing today when I called to book the happy haunts Tour for Sat Oct 2. I thought it included front row seats for the fireworks but the CM told me it does not.

I thought 5pm was a little early for the tour to start.

Last time we did the Discover the magic Tour and the Xmas Holiday Tour and they were the highlight of our trip, so I know all will be disappointed if there is no tour this time.

I thought about doing the tour on Friday night too, but I know my kids will be itching to get on rides and trick or treat for candy

Have you decided on a costume yet?
I knew that the Happy Haunts tour did not include front row seats for HS. It would be nice if they offer that.

5pm is early for the Happy Haunts tour, but with HS starts at 9:30 it does make sense to start at 5pm for the tour.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the DtMT and the Xmas Holiday tour. I really enjoyed the Xmas Holiday tour when my DA and I did it last year. Not only going through DL and getting on the ride on HMH and IASWH. But the preferred seating for "A Christmas Fantasy" parade was great.

I can't blame you for not doing the HHT on Friday since I want to take advantage of going on a lot of different rides during MHP. I would have done the same thing and don't do the tour on MHP. But you do save some money on the MHP and HHT ticket.

I have not decided yet, but the original plan for me is to wear a Disney Halloween shirt and a Halloween mask since I will be taping HS around the Hub on Friday.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:09 PM   #23
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysmommy View Post
Hi Bret-
Sorry if I piggy-backed on your PTR..I was a little excited.
Thanks for the congrats on winning tickets..my kids were 30 mins late for school that morning the secretary totally understood when I told her why.

Good point on using the GAD at DCA for Tuesday, I was trying to make the $44 MHP ticket a little easier to swallow.
I'll just tell the kids we'll save DL for Wednesday morning. I promised Joey we'd ride Calif Screamin first thing on Tuesday afternoon.
I really want to see WoC on a weeknight before it gets too crowded on the weekend. But then we can also get an early FP when we're at GCH Sunday morning.

Definitely planning on MM while at GCH if I can get my sleepyheads up that early...love those blackout shades!
It's np. I liked your PTR during your visit to DL later this month.

I would definitely try to take advantage of MM so you can get to DL one hour early to enjoy Fantasyland rides. You should ride on PP first thing in the morning while PP will be crowded later during the day. And also the half hour extra time to get FP for WoC.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:57 AM   #24
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Post pics from Christmas season:

SBC during the day

SBC during the night

Believe...In Holiday Fireworks

A Christmas Fantasy Parade from the Holiday Tour reserved seating

Old 09-16-2010, 02:48 AM   #25
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

15 Days to Go!!!
Old 09-19-2010, 01:51 PM   #26
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Posting more pics of DL. Today is Remember Dreams Come True Fireworks. Taken on March 17, 2010 on St. Patrick's Day.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:57 PM   #27
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

More pics from RDCT fireworks on March 17, 2010

Old 09-21-2010, 10:16 AM   #28
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

10 Days to go and I'm getting excited after seeing the Halloween pics from other DISers.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:57 AM   #29
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Today's pictures

Pictures of Paradise Bay being drained and the WoC platform being put in.

Taken on December 2008

Taken on June 2009

Taken on December 2009

Taken on March 2010
Old 09-23-2010, 06:29 PM   #30
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

8 Days to Go!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: