Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2010, 12:08 PM   #121
asdfghjkl13
DIS Veteran

I don't like how Mickey won't be going to the tables anymore... hopefully this isn't true!
asdfghjkl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 12:39 PM   #122
Dax
Kind hearted lady who started the DIS Support Group!
Loved by Pugs
Jadzia or Ezri?

Quote:
Originally Posted by memeofive View Post
Mad, yeah I'm mad. I've worked HARD to snag ressies at CM for Thanksgiving Dinner and now this!!! My grandaughter was soooo looking forward to eating with the mouse on Thanksgiving. I'm trying to hold on to the pixie dust people but I hate being ripped off and it's sure not like we were going there for the high quality food! The draw of the place was the interaction with the fab 5....and especially Mickey. Now that that's gone.....hummmm wonder where else I can get a ressie for 8 on Thanksgiving....oh yeah..not many!

I'm right with you on this one...I managed my ressies for Thanksgiving for the FIRST time this year, after trying the last 4...I was OK with Goofy not coming around, as long as I got my Mickey fix...With DH and I being alone, we always got a nice visit and special attention from both Mickey and Minne..my waitress even brought Mickey over to us last Christmas Eve as I was in the restroom and missed his visit...

But now Thanksgiving is booked solid...no other choices...UGH

Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2010, 01:26 PM   #123
MyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Wow, I was debating between Chef Mickey's and Garden Grill (Minnie v. no Minnie) but now, it seems that Garden Grill wins!
MyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:50 PM   #124
fiona408
Earning My Ears

does anyone know if the pictures with Mickey can be put on the photopass?
Thanks!
fiona408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:04 PM   #125
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiona408 View Post
does anyone know if the pictures with Mickey can be put on the photopass?
Thanks!
Good question - that would be great if they could!

I'm not thrilled about this change either. I can do our ADR's next Monday and we're planning CM's for dinner on our arrival night (no parks that day). Great opportunity to get in the "Magic" and see the Big 5. As long as the photo can either be added to photopass and/or we can take our own photo - i think I'll still get/keep the ressie. If it turns out it's for pay only - we'll drop it. A big part of the CM draw is seeing all those characters without waiting in line! But I'm not going to pay $30 more for it.

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

sandym718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:40 PM   #126
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

What I don't like about the new policy for meeting Mickey at Chef Mickey's

After hearing about the new policy at Chef Mickey's where the guests need to line up for a picture with Mickey this is the 1st thing which came into my mind after hearing about it. When you are at any of the 4 parks I think it's fair to say that Mickey is the most popular character to see, because the lines can be very long if you don't get in right away when that park opens. Well won't the same thing happen at Chef Mickey's? Also since a lot of other guests like to eat there because the characters go up to the tables and that means not waiting in line to meet them, doesn't this new policy defit the purpose of eating at a character buffet?
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:53 PM   #127
kahblue
Mouseketeer

Personally, I don't care about the changes. Is it disappointing? Yes. But, we don't go there just to see Mickey at our table for 2 minutes. We can see Mickey at a variety of other places and get pics so....whatever.

As long as they don't include the picture in the price, which would mean raising the buffet price - you know they would, I don't care. We bought the picture package the first year we were there because it was a nice family pic. The past 2 years they weren't that great so we passed. I don't want to be paying for the package when it's going to be tossed or thrown in a drawer.

We also have had free dining the past 3 years so I'm less affected by the changes at any of the restaurants because I'm not paying out of pocket for it. We're just happy to be there!

I guess I would tell anyone going to CM, vent now (contact Disney about your complaints) and then enjoy it. You'll have a terrible time if you go with the wrong attitude. If you don't like the change and it will make you all unhappy, eat somewhere else. And don't get me wrong! I'm not siding with Disney on some of the awful changes they have made that make us so unhappy. I just hate to see these things ruin a visit to Disney.

KIM
kahblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:57 PM   #128
GalDisney
DIS Veteran

This new Mickey is just a TEST for two weeks. I work there and it is not a definite change only a test.
GalDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:08 PM   #129
SEC
Mouseketeer

Does Mickey go to the tables at Ohana?
SEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:08 PM   #130
Splash Mountain Fan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsofdisney View Post
I'm disappointed, too! This will be DD's first trip to WDW (she'll be 2 at the time of our trip) and I was planning on CM for our first dinner on our arrival night, before we hit the parks the next day. We're staying at AKV and arriving early afternoon, so I was hoping to do dinner at CM so she could see Mickey (the only character other than Minnie she really knows) and make the connection to where we were, and what magical things lie ahead!

I guess I'm okay with just having Mickey for the photo shoot pre-meal, as long as we can take our own pictures. There's no way I'm paying $30 for a pic! Especially when we're paying for DDP - not free dining.

Does anyone who has been to CM since the change know if Minnie is still circulating with the other characters?

TIA!
Yes, Minnie was still circulating.
Jan 2014-BLT, Sept 2013-SSR, Nov 2012-POR, Sep 2012-BWV, May 2012-AKV, Jan 2012-AKL, Sep 2011-SSR, July 2011-OKW, Mar 2011-SSR, Sep 2010-ASMu/BLT/SSR, Oct 2009-SSR/CBR, May 2009-OKW/ASMu, Oct 2008-SSR/POP, Nov 2007–POP/OKW/POR, May 2007-BWV, Mar 2006–SSR, Sep 2005–ASMo, Aug 2003–CBR, Aug 2002–CBR, May 1995–Offsite, Jun 1994–Dixie Landings

DVC Member (SSR) - March 2006

"To all who come to this happy place; Welcome" - Walt Disney
Splash Mountain Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:42 PM   #131
willowsnn3
Tagless not by choice but by circumstance

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyz2004 View Post
who will call chef mickey and complain? I will.
We ate at CM bkfst arrival day Sept 1st & dinner night before departure Sept 5th. Mickey did come to the tables both days so guess I should be glad to have those pics before the changes. But seriously, we decided to write CM off our dining lists after this trip. Bkfst was ok, passable, but dinner just plain sucked..Don't get me wrong CM has always been one of our favorites but no more.
willowsnn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:45 PM   #132
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalDisney View Post
This new Mickey is just a TEST for two weeks. I work there and it is not a definite change only a test.
Thanks for posting this info.
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:48 PM   #133
mickaholic4077
I kicked cancer's butt!!

One of the thread tools is emailing this page. Anyone who knows the email address for guest communications(it escapes me at the moment),please email it to Disney. Thanks!!!!
mickaholic4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:52 PM   #134
mommalissa
Mom to Disney Lovin' Triplets

I called and talked with a manager this afternoon. She told me that is a trial thing to see how it goes. Mickey will go back into the regular rotation on October 3 and will be there for awhile while they determine what they are doing. Hopefully, they will get the feedback that this is not a good change.

Last edited by Tricia1972; 09-18-2010 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Removed Managers Phone Number
mommalissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:31 PM   #135
GalDisney
DIS Veteran

,,,,,Mickey is now only going to be used for pictures after check in, he will be replacing the plate and statue mickey that was offered to guests before being seated. .....

Sorry I dont know where u received this info but it is untrue at this point. This Mickey thing is just a two week test.
GalDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: