Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #31
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGazer99 View Post
Rebekah??? What about Jen and all her miming?
HEY! Mind your own beezwax!
Old 09-18-2010, 05:48 AM   #32
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

So far as I know, mostly our group has been working away at magnets and FE gifts but other than that, mostly there's been a lot of procrastinating packing. Which needs to stop because our cruise is in about 11 days!
For those of us who aren't cheating and going early, that is...

Not that I wish I could go early too or anything.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2010, 07:40 AM   #33
shwarren70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
Trip hasn't started yet and this is great!!I can only imagine what it will be like when you finally all get together.
You know what is amazing .... We've been able to start a 2nd board of running our mouths... It's going on the cruise meet thread and this thread too!

Goal for the trip today... FINISH my magnets! I've decided I need to start some daily goals for this trip. Today's is definitely finish my magnets.

We're going for the Dream! September 2013

Silver Castaway Cay Member - Wonder - Feb 2008, Sep 2010, May 2011; Magic - Jan 2012, DVC Member - 2007 SSR & 2009 - BLT

shwarren70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:44 AM   #34
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwarren70 View Post
You know what is amazing .... We've been able to start a 2nd board of running our mouths... It's going on the cruise meet thread and this thread too!

Goal for the trip today... FINISH my magnets! I've decided I need to start some daily goals for this trip. Today's is definitely finish my magnets.
I thought that too! I was thinking "so the cruise meet board isnt enough for us eh? hmmmmm".

I need daily goals too. Today will be to finish the shirts and get them out in the mail today. Finish a blue jean skirt outfit, and to make a BIG dent in the FE gifts. When I get the gifts done, I will be flying high with anticipation. I already have my "sorry, Jennine is on a DISNEY CRUISE" sign up in my office (well cubbie). It is on the inside so I am basically the only one who sees it. I gotta take a picture for ******!!
Old 09-18-2010, 08:57 AM   #35
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenGC View Post
But we'll have BLAST!!!!

We will be and other people will be and we will be in the Walt suite that Hawky will get.
And in the morning we will be and when we get into trouble we will and a lot of the whole trip!
Hawky and I will be and the people on our cruise again and there will be a lot of (yes Hawky, you REALLY DID dance on top of the table in your underwear)

our kids are soooo going to be embarrassed by us

OMG how could I have miss this??? I must of been half sleeping when you guys mention this thread. This morning I noticed the link at the bottom of Jen signature and voila a another Party thread

Last night I finally got my printer to work and printed the wonderful surprise cruise announcement made by tjbagott for the boys (thanks Stargazer for finding it, I had lost it ) it looks AMAZING

I am so excited, now all I need to do is buy a new van to fit all the suitcases in
March 2011- All Star Sports + 1st trip to US offsite
Oct 2011 - Dream + POP + MNSSHP
March 2012 - US offsite + DTD shopping spree (I need my fix )
Feb 2013 - Disneyland off site 1st time!
March 2014 - DCL Dream
Blanche_Neige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:26 AM   #36
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanche_Neige View Post
OH MAN!! I never thought about that!! hahahahaha
Old 09-18-2010, 12:14 PM   #37
StarGazer99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenGC View Post
OH MAN!! I never thought about that!! hahahahaha
Yes we already discussed this. The kids will be hiding with my DH pretending not to know us.

Jackie

StarGazer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 12:23 PM   #38
StarGazer99
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Me too.. I have 75% of them done/cut but no magnetic tape. It's really going to stink if I forget the tape. I'm planning on putting the tape on during the trip, I think they will travel better.

Other goals today. 15 loads of laudry(because I wash EVERYTHING before a trip) Clean Kitchen Bathroom Living Room.... Spot less!!!!

Tomorrow is my last day with out DH or DD around so it's my last chance to prepare and hide cruise stuff.

Monday ALL last minute shopping and I am hoping Tues will be one day to relax before leaving WED. YEAH RIGHT!!!

Jackie

Old 09-18-2010, 12:58 PM   #39
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGazer99 View Post
Yes we already discussed this. The kids will be hiding with my DH pretending not to know us.
March 2014 - DCL Dream
Old 09-18-2010, 02:12 PM   #40
kac911
Mouseketeer

Location: A hop & a skip from Disneyland (southern California- Orange County)

I'm playing the supporting role of kac911 to this TR. Me & DH are looking forward to our 2nd DCL, with a night at the Boardwalk (we are DVC members) pre trip and a day at KSC afterwards. So far my thoughts are I'm so glad for Disboards because we have been haivng a BLAST getting to know one another and giving each other pointers (and making fun of Jen & Rebekah- hey, there is lots to make fun of! We pick on them because we love them). What you don't see on our cruise meet board is all the additional back & forth on facebook. My door magnets are made. I certainly won't win any awards but will be able to find my room if I stagger home drunk late at night - if I get the wrong room it's probably my dis friend's room because we are all near each other but none the less I'd like the right room! Transportation is booked; we are renting a car from MCO to Boardwalk to port (using a code I got from Mousesavers that saved me a TON). Also renting a car afterwards. Packing status is "now where would I find a suitcase?" - in otherwords haven't even thought about it but that's what next weekend is for (the sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up). Flight - out of SNA via Dallas.

Looking forward to collectively sharing our experiences!
kac911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:22 PM   #41
shwarren70
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Well, I didn't get finished, but I'm 90% finished... Everything is printed, and laminated... Yes, laminated because some of them are just flimsy, and some of them I am trying to preserve for our Alaskan cruise next year. All I have to do is put the magnet on the back. And, for the one's that are part of my FE gifts, I have a head start on tomorrow's goals. But the only way for me to actually mark off this goal is to quit looking at the Cruise Magnet thread.

I'm having to speed up the goal list, as not really knowing the status of my uncle. Unfortunately, the nurse told my family tonight that my aunt is close to having to make a decision to continue procedures, or stop everything. Which makes me sad for her, but she knows what his wishes are, and so at least she is not having to make the decision, just honor his wishes. I guess that is easier said than done.

So for my pre-trip report, everyone needs to know that my house is a state of array. And, unlike all my pals that are having this cleaning fit prior to leaving, I could care less... I've got too many other things on my mind. My kids babysitter said she'd come in and do a good cleaning while the kids weren't here. SHe's going to meet the carpet cleaners here and the painter that is doing some touch up. It's Maintenance time!

Countdown - 11 days till leaving; 13 days till cruise!

We're going for the Dream! September 2013

Silver Castaway Cay Member - Wonder - Feb 2008, Sep 2010, May 2011; Magic - Jan 2012, DVC Member - 2007 SSR & 2009 - BLT

shwarren70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:27 PM   #42
StarGazer99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, I didn't get finished, but I'm 90% finished... Everything is printed, and laminated... Yes, laminated because some of them are just flimsy, and some of them I am trying to preserve for our Alaskan cruise next year. All I have to do is put the magnet on the back. And, for the one's that are part of my FE gifts, I have a head start on tomorrow's goals. But the only way for me to actually mark off this goal is to quit looking at the Cruise Magnet thread.

I'm having to speed up the goal list, as not really knowing the status of my uncle. Unfortunately, the nurse told my family tonight that my aunt is close to having to make a decision to continue procedures, or stop everything. Which makes me sad for her, but she knows what his wishes are, and so at least she is not having to make the decision, just honor his wishes. I guess that is easier said than done.

So for my pre-trip report, everyone needs to know that my house is a state of array. And, unlike all my pals that are having this cleaning fit prior to leaving, I could care less... I've got too many other things on my mind. My kids babysitter said she'd come in and do a good cleaning while the kids weren't here. SHe's going to meet the carpet cleaners here and the painter that is doing some touch up. It's Maintenance time!

I wish I could be there to help you.

Jackie

Old 09-18-2010, 07:27 PM   #43
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow you guys are so lucky to go on a cruise, ahmmm my DS who is sitting right next to me is so jealous he wishes he could go on a cruise too...
March 2014 - DCL Dream
Old 09-18-2010, 07:42 PM   #44
JenGC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow you guys are so lucky to go on a cruise, ahmmm my DS who is sitting right next to me is so jealous he wishes he could go on a cruise too...
Well, you know. One day you might be able to go! That would be cool!
Old 09-18-2010, 07:52 PM   #45
Disneyelf10
DIS Veteran

Today (saturday) seems to be magent day! I cut mine out today and have to get the laminater out to finish them! It is addictive!! I made so many new ones and when I looked at my old ones I was like what was I thinking on some of them? Not totally bad but the newer ones seem beter!

Stephanie--keeping your family on my prayers!

Looking forward to meeting my new BFF!

Disneyelf10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: