Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2010, 09:51 AM   #1216
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizlovesdisney View Post
I'll be attending the party on the 7th as well! I can't wait!
Count me three for 10/7!

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:54 AM   #1217
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizlovesdisney View Post
OK, the more I read, the confuseder I get! How do yall know when the characters are scheduled? Did I miss this schedule somewhere?

And while we're at it, is there a schedule somewhere of the times the parties start? Everything I've seen and printed so far doesn't show times!

Help!
The parties start at 7 PM (which means that's when the candy comes out). The map will have show, parade, and fireworks times but the character meetings are throughout the night. I think the only issue may be during the parade as some characters cannot be doing a meet and greet while they are also seen in the parade (how can they be in two places at once? ).

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2010, 10:42 AM   #1218
wanttobeinvienna
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
Both dance parties are all night. I'm not sure where you saw the 626 times.

For the 626 party, Stitch is out all night, but his friends rotate between Chip, Dale, Pluto, and Goofy. Maybe those times represent one of those groups?
LOL- Me either!! I keep a word document going with all of the information I get, then try to make sense of it all!! OK- So help me clarify if you can :

626 in Tomorrowland starts at 7:00 and runs continuously through the night, with Stitch always being present, and his friends rotating.

Bullseyes Round Up is in Fronteirland, starts at 7:00, and runs continuously?

Thanks for everyone's tips- A billion visits to Disney, but have never been to MNSSHP- we are sooooo excited!
1978-2000: WDW Once or twice a year, every year off property.
2003: AK off property 2004: WDW, HS off property
2005: WDW, Off Property 2006: WDW, Off Property
2007: WDW, Off Property 2009: WDW, All Star Resort
2010: WDW, All Star Resort

wanttobeinvienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:55 AM   #1219
Disneymom3304
Planning our next Disney Vacation...

10/7 here too I cannot wait! This will be our second party, we went in 2008, I feel like we missed SO much! I am much more prepared for this party thanks to everyone on this thread!!!! It will also help that my DD is now 7 and will be able to stay up til midnight Thanks again to all who have posted such helpful answers and wonderful pics
Disneymom3304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:01 AM   #1220
laughinplace2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymouse View Post
The MNSSHP merchandise is available at the Emporium, Frontierland Trading Post and The Heritage House. The pin pictures are from Frontierland Trading Post and the Mickey and Minnie beanies are not party specific, they are available all the time.
So, the MNSSHP merchandise is ONLY available during the party itself? I was wondering that, but it seems crazy that they change around the stores just for the parties....this is the case?

My Disney trips:
March 1987 with my parents, 1988 with my mom and Aunt, Summer 1994 with Aunt, Grandma and cousin, July 2000 with dad and siblings, August 2007 with my sister, May 2008 with my best friend-Pirate & Princess Party , April 2010 with my mom, Halloween 2010
, August 2011, January 2012-First Disney Cruise!, May 2012-Star Wars Weekend! Christmas 2012 June 2013, first solo trip, August 2013-First trip to Disneyland/D23 Expo!April 2014, Easter WeekJune 2014, 2nd trip to Disneyland!!! October 2014 First RunDisney Event, WDW
laughinplace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:05 AM   #1221
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymom3304 View Post
10/7 here too I cannot wait! This will be our second party, we went in 2008, I feel like we missed SO much!
Our DD (4) has been lucky enough to have attended every party since she was born so she is now directing us what she doesn't want to miss. Of course, she can't decide what she wants to dress up as and wants to do costume changes throughout the night based on characters. (We've create a monster! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughinplace2 View Post
So, the MNSSHP merchandise is ONLY available during the party itself? I was wondering that, but it seems crazy that they change around the stores just for the parties....this is the case?
There really isn't much to change around as there isn't much party specific merchandise. It may be one display per store that they may already have in the back and just roll out.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:07 AM   #1222
laughinplace2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohj80 View Post

There really isn't much to change around as there isn't much party specific merchandise. It may be one display per store that they may already have in the back and just roll out.
oh ok...good to know....thanks!

My Disney trips:
March 1987 with my parents, 1988 with my mom and Aunt, Summer 1994 with Aunt, Grandma and cousin, July 2000 with dad and siblings, August 2007 with my sister, May 2008 with my best friend-Pirate & Princess Party , April 2010 with my mom, Halloween 2010
, August 2011, January 2012-First Disney Cruise!, May 2012-Star Wars Weekend! Christmas 2012 June 2013, first solo trip, August 2013-First trip to Disneyland/D23 Expo!April 2014, Easter WeekJune 2014, 2nd trip to Disneyland!!! October 2014 First RunDisney Event, WDW
laughinplace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:34 AM   #1223
TBGOES2DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohj80 View Post
The parties start at 7 PM (which means that's when the candy comes out). The map will have show, parade, and fireworks times but the character meetings are throughout the night. I think the only issue may be during the parade as some characters cannot be doing a meet and greet while they are also seen in the parade (how can they be in two places at once? ).
That's what I thought would happen, but someone said most characters were out throughout the night. Does anybody know which characters are still out during parades and which are not? Obviously if you're seeing only one parade, you want the time during the other to see characters.

Anyone think during the first parade would be a good time to see Mickey and Minnie?

Should I really line up for 7 Dwarves before 6:30? Do they come out right at 7?

AsMo 9/06 FD_AsMo 01/08_POP 09/08 FD_POP 12/09 MVMCP & FD_POR 10/10 MNSSHP & FD_ POR 11/11 FD_POR 12/12 FD_No trip 2013 _POP 05/14

TBGOES2DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:02 PM   #1224
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnfr2424 View Post
You are not alone I have the same exact allergy and it did not start until I was an adult

After reading all these posts I am super excited for my first party on the 8th
We will be there on the 8th too!!
Old 09-17-2010, 12:06 PM   #1225
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Leafs View Post
We will be there on the 8th too!!
We're also planning on the 8th!
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

AJRitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:45 PM   #1226
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBGOES2DISNEY View Post
Should I really line up for 7 Dwarves before 6:30? Do they come out right at 7?

The line builds as the night wears on- this line is NEVER short. so the longer you wait to get online-- the longer your wait to get up there for your photo
Old 09-17-2010, 12:46 PM   #1227
onnawufei
The Girl With the Ninja Turtle Tattoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Jameson View Post
I have a question. We are going on the 31st this year. I saw people post that all the Halloween tees will be sold out by then...is this true? We've gone on the 27th, 28th the past 2 years and never had a problem getting a shirt. I'll be so sad if I'm not able to buy a shirt this year! It's kind of tradition for us to wear our shirt from the previous year on the plane ride down for our next trip!
I didn't see if anyone had answered this, so sorry if they did. In 2008 I went on Halloween and had no problem getting a shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyhunter View Post
http://unofficialdisneycharacterhunt...een-party.html

Here is a link to the pictures I was able to get at last nights party. Under their picture is the area I found them. Hope this helps anyone hunting!
Fantastic pictures! I love the one of Hook near the end. And while I don't like Mickey and Minnie's costumes as much as I did their previous ones, those are pretty cute.
Vacationed at POFQ October 2010
Vacationed at POFQ December 2011
Vacationed at POR October 2012
Vacationing at POR October 2013

I have a camera, and I know how to use it! ... Usually.

My WDW Flickr Collection
onnawufei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:36 PM   #1228
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

my family and i are extra excited for our first party october 7th!!!
1989 first visit off site + several family trips as a child | 1997 AS Sp | 2000 8th grade band trip/offsite |2004 ASM| 2007*Walt Disney College Program- Chatham Square*| 2008 AARC congress at WDW | 2009 ASMo|OCT 2010 POP..1st MNSSHP/DS 1st visit and birthday | Dec 10 POLY |May/June 11 POP |AUG 11 marriott village |Dec 2011 graduation celebration @AKV-Jambo | FEB 13 dolphin | May 13 POP |Sept 13 Yacht club | Nov 13 POFQ | May 14 Disney dream | Sept 14 Assp | May/June 15
ME(28)and DS(4)Sept 13 Disney Video
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

I loved the poly but Jambo house stole my heart! Dec 11 college graduation TR
My 1st TR: Who says you can't take a 1 year old to WDW. Put that boy in a stroller!Oct 2010
leshunlenese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:49 PM   #1229
kidrericha
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smacky1 View Post
We were there last night and they did have free face painting in toontown.
Anyone know how long the lines were for face painting?
kidrericha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:56 PM   #1230
disneypolybride2008
DIS Veteran

i'm so excited! i leave in a week and i'm going w/ my DH this will be our last trip before we have our first baby

we're going to the party 2x so that we can do and see it all. we've been 2x, once in 2007 and once last year, we did do a lot but missed some the first time b/c we didnt know that snow white and the dwarves were there til our last visit , thanks to the info here on the dis

one thing i noticed is that the winnie the pooh characters are all in the same costumes as last year. but i cant complain much b/c we'll be in the same costumes as last year too. i'll have to be sure to date the pictures b/c it could be confusing.

here's a tip: bring a poncho if you're going to ride splash mountain so you dont have a soggy costume! they ridiculed my DH last year though saying that pirates cant wear ponchos.

If i were to say one thing to line up ahead of time for so you're first or near first is the face painting!!! we got in line so DH could get Jack Sparrow eyes and the line was not even long, but it barely moved at all. there were 3 chairs and it took awhile for each child so after waiting awhile we gave up and left, it felt like such a waste of time but i couldnt wait any longer. it was good that we didnt get his eyes done b/c it rained later on anyway. btw, it was in toontown, right off the street.

disneypolybride2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: