Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2010, 12:43 PM   #451
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Also if you don't get it done in 30 days, you can order additional weeks on your photos for like $6.99 or $9.99. This came in handy when I ordered my photo book through Disney instead of the Kodak gallery, I needed a couple extra days to get it together and just paid for another week on my photos.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:23 PM   #452
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
This is exactly why I like the dining plan, because I have a feeling that if I didn't do the dining plan, I'd run out of my food budget by the end of my vacation So yay for dining plan I know some people don't like it, but I absolutely love the idea of having everything paid for when I check in. I don't have credit cards, just my debit, so this entire trip is cash.

Do you need the link or anything?
I actually really liked having the dining plan but we are going to a lot of places that don't take the DP so it's not worth it to add it on this year. Maybe next year....

No, thanks! I saved the link to my bookmarks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I prepaid for the CD for my May trip. Thankfully, we actually got a lot of shots of the family that was fantastic; so it made the CD worth the $.

When you come back from your trip, you have about 20 or 30 days (perhaps a few days more?) to complete all your edits. You go on line and enter the photopass card number against your account.
Your photos will load into your account and you can then go to the editing section and make your changes. I was saving all my edits as new files, so that I still had the original shot available. You can add borders, crop, change the picture to B&W and determine what print size you want for the photo and save the print sizes separately.

Once you are finished all you edits, you have to go to the order cart and order the CD. This is the bit that confused me as I didn't realise that you had to do this as I could see in my shopping cart that I had a prepaid CD sitting there. And I thought I had to individually select all my pictures, which you don't need to do either.

At the checkout, the prepaid amount will show up as a separate line item that credits against the CD order. That's how the system knows that you've prepaid and I think your bill should be $0. (My bill had international shipping charges as I was shipping the CD to Oz.)

You get EVERYTHING on the CD. All the edited shots, including borders, B&W, print sizes etc. that is saved on your account. If you've used the "save as" separate file option, this also means that you will have the original photo as well. I think I ended up with over 150 original shots and by the time I was finished with my edits, I got close on 400 photos on my CD. Remember that each photopass photographer takes at least 3 shots; so whilst it sounds like a lot, this means we only got to about 50 photographers or so.

The photo files on the CD are yours to do with what you like. Disney will have transferred all rights across to you as part of the CD. You can then take them to your local print shop and print as many copies as you like. I've also stored the electronic versions on my computer and have been used some of them in my TR.

Hope this helps.
Wow ok I did NOT know all of this! The last couple of times we went, I bought the CD there, and I couldn't figure out how to add all the really cool borders! I'm so printing out your post so that I can edit my life away when we get back! Thanks!
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2010, 05:15 PM   #453
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Don't worry about ME, they can always look you up if they need to, we had to do that in January and they reprinted our boarding passes. I had misplaced the book from when we took out the luggage tags to when we got to Orlando.
Oh, I know, I just like having everything in order. I have a mild case of OCD and that's one of the ways it manifests. I spaz out if I need something and don't have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I prepaid for the CD for my May trip. Thankfully, we actually got a lot of shots of the family that was fantastic; so it made the CD worth the $.

When you come back from your trip, you have about 20 or 30 days (perhaps a few days more?) to complete all your edits. You go on line and enter the photopass card number against your account.
Your photos will load into your account and you can then go to the editing section and make your changes. I was saving all my edits as new files, so that I still had the original shot available. You can add borders, crop, change the picture to B&W and determine what print size you want for the photo and save the print sizes separately.

Once you are finished all you edits, you have to go to the order cart and order the CD. This is the bit that confused me as I didn't realise that you had to do this as I could see in my shopping cart that I had a prepaid CD sitting there. And I thought I had to individually select all my pictures, which you don't need to do either.

At the checkout, the prepaid amount will show up as a separate line item that credits against the CD order. That's how the system knows that you've prepaid and I think your bill should be $0. (My bill had international shipping charges as I was shipping the CD to Oz.)

You get EVERYTHING on the CD. All the edited shots, including borders, B&W, print sizes etc. that is saved on your account. If you've used the "save as" separate file option, this also means that you will have the original photo as well. I think I ended up with over 150 original shots and by the time I was finished with my edits, I got close on 400 photos on my CD. Remember that each photopass photographer takes at least 3 shots; so whilst it sounds like a lot, this means we only got to about 50 photographers or so.

The photo files on the CD are yours to do with what you like. Disney will have transferred all rights across to you as part of the CD. You can then take them to your local print shop and print as many copies as you like. I've also stored the electronic versions on my computer and have been used some of them in my TR.

Hope this helps.
That helps a lot! I didn't quite understand it myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Also if you don't get it done in 30 days, you can order additional weeks on your photos for like $6.99 or $9.99. This came in handy when I ordered my photo book through Disney instead of the Kodak gallery, I needed a couple extra days to get it together and just paid for another week on my photos.
That's good to know! I'm going to try and finish it all up before the 30 days are up, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
I actually really liked having the dining plan but we are going to a lot of places that don't take the DP so it's not worth it to add it on this year. Maybe next year....

No, thanks! I saved the link to my bookmarks!
Maybe When are you guys considering going next year?

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:04 PM   #454
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Maybe When are you guys considering going next year?
well, we don't have a plan at the moment because we're getting laid off and we're not sure what's gonna happen with jobs. We wanted to try and go twice, once in May and then again in October, but I think we are going to go to Virginia in May and WDW in October. It's all up in the air right now. We'll know more after the new year.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:30 PM   #455
laashley
DIS Veteran

Just a tip on the photopass cd- you can upload your own camera's pictures and even put borders around them, but when you order the pp cd the pictures you uploaded will not be on the cd. I was pretty disappointed because the only Mickey we saw was at Chef Mickey's. I was hoping to add a cute border to the pictures I took, but the borders (offered to uploaded pictures) weren't as cute and then I would have to order the picture from the photopass site, which was way too expensive.

I still thought the cd was worth it and will order it again this time. Now I know if I want pictures of certain characters with the cute borders I have to go to the character lines.

One more thing, you can edit the pp pictures in the parks and some resorts. I have heard that you get more options on the borders if you do it then instead of waiting until you get home.
laashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:23 AM   #456
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
well, we don't have a plan at the moment because we're getting laid off and we're not sure what's gonna happen with jobs. We wanted to try and go twice, once in May and then again in October, but I think we are going to go to Virginia in May and WDW in October. It's all up in the air right now. We'll know more after the new year.
Right. Well, I hope something works out for you guys in the job department. I know it's not easy right now, for any field We're definitely going, and will be there from Oct 31 to about Nov 10 or so

Quote:
Originally Posted by laashley View Post
Just a tip on the photopass cd- you can upload your own camera's pictures and even put borders around them, but when you order the pp cd the pictures you uploaded will not be on the cd. I was pretty disappointed because the only Mickey we saw was at Chef Mickey's. I was hoping to add a cute border to the pictures I took, but the borders (offered to uploaded pictures) weren't as cute and then I would have to order the picture from the photopass site, which was way too expensive.

I still thought the cd was worth it and will order it again this time. Now I know if I want pictures of certain characters with the cute borders I have to go to the character lines.

One more thing, you can edit the pp pictures in the parks and some resorts. I have heard that you get more options on the borders if you do it then instead of waiting until you get home.
That's good to know! Thanks!

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
Old 09-15-2010, 12:20 PM   #457
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the photopass info! I printed most of it all out and am going to put it in my binder, whenever I get a chance to actually start putting that together!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:38 PM   #458
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Thanks for all the photopass info! I printed most of it all out and am going to put it in my binder, whenever I get a chance to actually start putting that together!
Yay for the Dis!

Me DF
Old 09-15-2010, 11:48 PM   #459
DisneyFirefly

I'm getting so excited! Especially since we've been getting information on the party, since the first one was last night!

So, anyway, it's time for another edition of my Illustrated Itinerary!

This day has very little stuff in it, actually

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I'm going to spend the first part of the morning here:

I only want to go on two rides. I might stay longer, depending on the first showing of Festival of the Lion King, since I've never seen it.

I have a 12:00 ADR here, so I'll be hopping over to MK around 11 at the latest:

I know, I'll have just eaten there the night before, but the dinner menu's different from lunch!

I'm not sure what my plans are for that day. I'm likely just going to wing it and see what happens, and probably go on any rides I hadn't already been on or go on rides I've already been on again. The only thing I'm sure of is that at some point, I want to grab dinner here:

I might hop over to Epcot that night, since there's evening EMH there, but I might not. I haven't decided yet.

Either way, whenever I feel like heading to bed, I'm going to head back to Pop. I might wind up heading back early to relax and swim or something, but I really don't like to plan things out to that level, you know?

So that's day 6

Me DF
Old 09-16-2010, 03:07 AM   #460
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

That's my departure day...now I know what I will NOT be doing!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:08 AM   #461
DisneyFirefly

I'll be thinking of you as I go on Pirates

Me DF
Old 09-16-2010, 07:38 PM   #462
DisneyFirefly

So, I have some good news today and some bad news. I'm gonna do the bad news first.

I'm sure some of you guys may remember my dental problems, right? Well, last night around 11pm, the pain came back with a vengeance. It was not a good night at all. This morning, I got home around 8:30am, went right to bed, and woke up at 10:30 in a massive amount of pain. I called my new dentist and made an appointment for tomorrow, but when I asked about what to do for the pain and explained that nothing was working and actually started crying on the phone, they told me to come in at noon today to get checked out.

It turns out that the problem with my tooth isn't just an abscess. The infection has gone all the way down to the bone in my jaw, so the entire tooth needs to be extracted. After that, I have to have some serious work done on the surrounding teeth to make sure I don't lose them as well. No, I haven't been taking the best care of my teeth, but when it hurts to even just brush it with your tongue, you don't really want to actually brush your teeth. Anyway, I need to have oral surgery for it and will call the referral place tomorrow to set up my appointment. I didn't have any money to pay for my copay or my antibiotics, so thank god my dad was willing to help me out today. I think it's because when I called him, I was sobbing because of the pain. He was out in Morton Grove (western suburb) looking for work when I called him, and drove back into the city so that he could meet me at the dentist. I may have a lot of issues with him, but I really needed him today and he was there for me.

I'm not going to work tonight because I only got two hours of sleep because of the pain. I finally got home from the dentist, Walgreen's, and an errand for my dad around 2:45 or so, posted something on the Last board, and then went to sleep. I just woke up a little bit ago because of pain. I have no idea how much this is all going to cost, but I told the dentist that the whole reason I hadn't been to the dentist in the last four years was because I didn't have dental insurance. I have it now, though, and it's an HMO, so it should be fairly good coverage. So we'll see how much all this costs.

And now for the good news...

Yesterday before I left for work, two of my packages came! My WalMart order got split into two packages for shipping ease, so I got one of those and my Old Navy order. In the WalMart box was the nightgown, curtains, and this:

It's a little tight, but that's okay. I really like it, and will be wearing it to my breakfast at Crystal Palace

And did anyone notice what was in the top right corner behind the Netflix envelope?

I got Mickey Mail! My DME tags, specifically. So while today has been a pretty sucky day, that made me feel a little better And no, my full name is on there, I just blocked it out because, according to the US Census, there aren't that many people with my full name in the country.

So, no, the trip is not off. I'll just have to figure out a way to pay for the oral surgery in addition to my airfare and spending money for the trip

Oh, and the Netflix envelope. It has four little cards in it for me to give to family and friends to give them a free month of Netflix. Two have been spoken for (possibly just one, but I need to offer the other to someone), so do any of you guys want the other two? It's just a code you put in, so I can PM you with it if anyone wants one

Hope you're all having a better day than I am!

Me DF
Old 09-16-2010, 08:46 PM   #463
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Aww, Dana! That sucks so bad!!! I'm so sorry! At least you'll still be able to go on your trip, and hopefully be able to actually enjoy it, PAIN FREE! I work for a health insurance company so if you have any questions about your coverage, PM me and I'll help you out!

The HMO should be pretty cut and dry and you should only have to pay a copay (no deductibles or anything, usually).

On the other hand:

Yay for Mickey Mail!!! And YAY for new clothes!
I get to go clothes shopping this weekend (thankfully because I'm down to 3 pairs of jeans!), and I'm planning to hit up Old Navy first. Hopefully, I can get everything I need there because there aren't many other stores that make clothes that fit me comfortably that I can actually afford. I can't believe how expensive even The Gap has become. $60 for a pair of jeans is atrocious.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:48 PM   #464
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Aww, Dana! That sucks so bad!!! I'm so sorry! At least you'll still be able to go on your trip, and hopefully be able to actually enjoy it, PAIN FREE! I work for a health insurance company so if you have any questions about your coverage, PM me and I'll help you out!

The HMO should be pretty cut and dry and you should only have to pay a copay (no deductibles or anything, usually).

On the other hand:

Yay for Mickey Mail!!! And YAY for new clothes!
I get to go clothes shopping this weekend (thankfully because I'm down to 3 pairs of jeans!), and I'm planning to hit up Old Navy first. Hopefully, I can get everything I need there because there aren't many other stores that make clothes that fit me comfortably that I can actually afford. I can't believe how expensive even The Gap has become. $60 for a pair of jeans is atrocious.
Hey, it could always be worse, right? At least they only have to pull one tooth. The dentist said she thinks she can save the rest, so that's good. I know I should've had this taken care of much sooner (it's been going on for two years), but I just didn't have insurance and definitely didn't have the money to pay out of pocket. Thanks for the offer If I have any questions, I'll definitely PM you about it.

That's good to know, about the HMO. I've never had an HMO before, as my parents always preferred to get the PPO so we could go to any doctor we wanted. I'm going to look at the information they have on the provider website, just to make sure, and will call the office in the morning to make my appointment. I want this over and done with.

Definitely yay for Mickey mail! I'd also ordered a couple things from Old Navy (a really cute sweater dress and a basic cardigan), but they weren't specifically for the trip, so I didn't picture them I need new jeans as well. Either that or to lose weight. Since moving back home, I've put on quite a bit of weight, but I just haven't had the energy to do anything. I'm wondering now if maybe part of that is related to the infection in my mouth, since I'm always feverish and tired lately. But yeah, clothing prices are insane. And with Old Navy, they don't carry plus size in store, so you have to order it online. Their sizes are a bit of a crap shoot (I bought two shirts in the same size, same style, one fits fine, the other's a tent), and then if it doesn't fit, you normally have to pay return shipping to send it back You'd think they could treat their plus size consumers a little more fairly. If they're not going to offer it in store, at least offer free returns. They're doing that now, but it's for "a limited time".

Anyway, good luck with your jeans shopping! I hope you find something you like Is there a Fashion Bug near you? Their prices are usually pretty reasonable, and they have extreme discount sales fairly regularly. They also ship to the store for free, so if you find a better price online than in the store, you can always order it online and have it sent to the store

Me DF
Old 09-17-2010, 01:25 AM   #465
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
And with Old Navy, they don't carry plus size in store, so you have to order it online. Their sizes are a bit of a crap shoot (I bought two shirts in the same size, same style, one fits fine, the other's a tent), and then if it doesn't fit, you normally have to pay return shipping to send it back You'd think they could treat their plus size consumers a little more fairly. If they're not going to offer it in store, at least offer free returns. They're doing that now, but it's for "a limited time".
I don't know if you have Catherine's or Avenue in your area, but I have found some pretty good stuff in their stores...and they aren't too too too expensive...
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: