Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2010, 02:40 PM   #16
Mountain Fan
I said, "HOWDY!" I was born and bred in the briar patch!

Yes, it will help me struggle through the next month until I get to go back.

Last edited by Mountain Fan; 09-10-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Mountain Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:16 PM   #17
IndayMichelle
Hopelessly addicted to DLR and WDW popcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by StEpHandMiKe<3Disney View Post
Should I finish even though it's been a while?
Please Steph! I've been lurking through everyone's TRs and waiting for you to finish yours!

I live vicariously through everyone that posts....

Disneyland 9/04, 9/06, 1/10, 3/10, 11/10, 4/11, 7/11, 10/11, 1/12, Leap Day 2012, 3/12
Contemporary Resort 7/00 - Caribbean Beach Resort 9/08 - Polynesian Resort 4/10

IndayMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #18
*Meagan*
DIS Veteran

OoO love this report!

Where did you get the argyle print hoodie.. so dang cute!
Old 09-12-2010, 12:16 PM   #19
wdwfan22
Totally Obsessed Disney Nut!

Yes you should. I get very unhappy when people don't finish their trip reports. I love to hear the whole story and see all the pics. I am really enjoying yours.

Disneyland - 1968 - 1982 - too many times to count; June 1984; June 1986; summer 1991; summer 1993; July 6 - 11 2003; November 11 - 20 2010; April 29 - May 3 2011; Feb 3 - 8 2012
Disney World - February 1983; August 1988; April 29 - May 9 1999; Nov 30 - Dec 10 2001; Jan 3 -12 2007; Dec 9 - 21 2008; Dec 2 - 8 2009; Sep 30 - Oct 9 2012: Jan 2 - 12 2014
Disneyland - Jan 3 - 13 2015 Yea!!
wdwfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:32 PM   #20
StEpHandMiKe<3Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Meagan* View Post
OoO love this report!

Where did you get the argyle print hoodie.. so dang cute!
Thank you!!! We bought it at World of Disney at DTD. I remember seeing it at the Magic Kingdom too though.
WDW '07 ~ WL Honeymoon WDW '08 ~ WL 1st Anniversary DL Aug '08 ~ HOJO WDW '09 ~ WL 2nd Anniversary WDW Feb '10 ~ WL my Birthday! DL July '10 ~ HOJO WDW May '11 ~ WL 4th Anniversary A WDW Christmas '11 WL WDW Halloween '12
WDW May 2017 WL Daughter's First Trip
StEpHandMiKe<3Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:39 PM   #21
StEpHandMiKe<3Disney
DIS Veteran

Ok.. so I'm convinced that I should finish. Thanks everyone for following!!!! Our next day was Saturday and it was Early Entry day! We saved this day for Saturday and the plan was to go straight to Fantasyland and knock it out! The other think major on my list was Pixie Hollow. If were weren't going to be able to go, I was going to be very sad and we had attempted several times already that week and either the long was sooo long or Tink wasn't there. And Tink must be there!!!!!! First ride was Peter Pan and the we rode Mr. Toad's wild ride..

After than, we hoped on Snow White and Pinnochio. To our surprise, Alice in Wonderland ride wasn't working. They were putting up guard rails I think. We took a quick pic of that as well as the teacups. Neither of us spins, lol. We surprisingly knocked out Fantasyland in no time. Early Entry is the way to go. Our plan was to then go to Toontown bc we had not done that yet and met the characters and you know that is what I was waiting for but we finished so early that Toontown wasn't open yet!!! We had not rode Star Tours yet so we went ahead and made our way that way. I'm not a huge fan but Mike loves it. I think I'm just not cutout for simulators.
After Star tours, we made our way to Main Street and grabbed so bfast at the bakery. When we are at WDW, I eat a chocolate chip muffin every morning with a sprite and I had really missed that this trip so guess what I got???? A chocolate chip muffin!!! It was delicious!!!!!! It was a nice little break from the running around that morning and it was only like 8:15! Now the one thing that really made me sad at Disneyland is the lack of photopass photographers. I'm always behind the camera and I love that at WDW, Mike and I get in a lot of shots together. It was not as easy to ask people around if they would take a pic of us. Everyone always seemed too busy =( We saw a security guard walking down Main Street so we went a grabbed him and asked if he would take our pic. He was very nice and even asked us is we wanted to kiss in one of the shots. Of course!!!!!!!!

We made our way to the castle to take some individual pics

Since Toontown was still not open, we made our way to Indiana Jones, Haunted Mansion and Pirates.

It was now about 9:10 so I thought maybe we could go check out Pixie Hollow. Tink was there and the wait said 30 minutes so we went ahead and waited. We actually only waited about 20 minutes which was nice and I got to meet Silvermist for the first time ever and Tink!

WDW '07 ~ WL Honeymoon WDW '08 ~ WL 1st Anniversary DL Aug '08 ~ HOJO WDW '09 ~ WL 2nd Anniversary WDW Feb '10 ~ WL my Birthday! DL July '10 ~ HOJO WDW May '11 ~ WL 4th Anniversary A WDW Christmas '11 WL WDW Halloween '12
Old 09-12-2010, 07:50 PM   #22
StEpHandMiKe<3Disney
DIS Veteran

So now that Pixie Hollow was complete, it was time to now go to Toontown and me Mr. and Mrs.!!!!!! We first stood in line for Mickey, went through his house, which was extremely cold so I don't have many pics, and then over to Minnie's House for a walk through and a meet and greet.

Now it was time to walk around Toontown and take some funny pics...

Old 09-12-2010, 08:19 PM   #23
StEpHandMiKe<3Disney
DIS Veteran

After Toontown, we really didn't have a plan. We had not rode It's a small world yet so we thought we would walk over there and ride it. As we walked out of the gates of Toontown, I needed to go to the little girls room so we both decided to take a potty break. Now I think what I'm about to write about was by far the funniest thing that happened on the whole trip. Let me go back to day 1 when we waiting for about an hour at Princess Fantasy Faire. Now I was truly excited to meet the Princesses that I got to meet, but I didn't get to meet Aurora or Cinderella and I think a trip to Disney without Cinderella is just sad! When we were there on day 1, the CM had told us that after the ceremony, some princesses would come down by the stage a sign autographs, but we had a pretty heavy load that day and didn't have time to wait. I had pretty much forgot about this sad fact until I was walking by there going to the little girls room. I yelled for Mike to go check down by the stage for Princesses after he got done. We both did our business and when I got out, I asked him what he saw and he said no one was down there. Now it wasn't that I didn't believe him, but I always need to do and see stuff for myself so I said I'm going to go check again. He was a little frustrated and said he already did but that I could go ahead bc I was going to anyway. If you are familiar with Princess Fantasy Faire, it sloops up and then slopes down to the stage so you can't see anything from far away. I start walking up the slope and to my surprise what do I see??????? A plethora of princesses!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it!!!!! I whipped my head back around and looked at Mike and he was like what?????? I said you lied bc you didn't want to wait, and of course I was laughing bc he thought he could pull a fast one. He said what are you talking about and he walked up the hill towards me and then saw what I saw. Of course he is now laughing ad I said I couldn't believe him and he said honestly I looked and didn't see anyone. We laughed so hard and of course rushed down there to meet Cinderella, Aurora and Snow White. Come to find out. He did go to look but didn't go far enough to see below the stage. He just looked at the stage and turned back around. It was so funny bc I really thought in the beginning that he just didn't want to wait so he lied but I know he wouldn't do that. He knows it is super important to me and we had a similar incident happen at WDW in 2009. I had been dying to meet the Fairy Godmother since 2004 and never had the chance. At WDW, it was known that you cold only meet her at Cinderella's Royal table character dining and Mike and I never ate there. We normally go to WDW in May and in Orlando in May, it's hot to say the least. In 2009, it was exceptionally hotter than normal. We had a long morning and were dying of hunger and thirst so we were making our way to go eat in Fantasyland and swore that we would not stop for anything so we are walking briskly to Fantasyland when Mike yells, "there's the Fairy Godmother" of course i almost died in my tracks and immediately ran to the line. I think Mike could have been in tears bc he was so hungry and so hot and just didn't want to wait so I said we could go. He said no you need to get your pic and your autograph you've waited 4 years for. I said you couldn't have lived with yourself if you saw her and knew I didn't a said nothing could you and he said no I couldn't. He really loves me Back to DL, I got in Cinderella's line first and then Sleeping Beauty and by the time I was done, Snow White had already gone but it's ok. I got Cinderella!!!

I was now so happy that I got my pics so we decided we would just ride some rides and have fun. Now I had seen Woody at DCA but the line was like and hour and neither of us wanted to wait, and in 2008, we saw both Woody and Jessie over by BTMRR so I thought maybe I would get lucky. I had to meet one of them, they are they cover of my autograph book!!!!!!
As we rounded the corner from Fantasyland to Frontierland guess who was there.... Jessie!!!!!!!!!!! I showed her my autograph book and she was so excited to be on the cover. She actually signed the cover for me. We had fun there.

We rode a bunch of rides and then made our way to mainstreet. We had never rode on the carriage before so we decided to wait and ride it to the front of the park. It was a lot of fun and the CM was very nice and chatty. I love when they talk to us Sometimes the CM's just stand there and that's no fun at all. She was nice and took a pic of us.

As we were leaving the park, I of course scanned to see if any new characters had appeared and guess what????? The white rabbit was there. I ran and got his autograph and pic.

We left the MK and went back to the hotel to chill out and then came back that night to eat at Cafe Orleans and I ate that amazing gumbo again. Gosh I love that stuff!!!!!! We rode some rides and then staked out a spot for the fireworks. We got a great spot in front of the castle and I loved the performance. Tink and Dumbo were definitely my faves!!!
Overall the trip was amazing. We had a great time and I was very sad to come back home. I'm not sure when they next time we will visit DL again is but I know I will come back. Thanks everyone for being a part of my vacation and sharing my trip with me!
Love,
Steph
Old 09-12-2010, 09:39 PM   #24
IndayMichelle
Hopelessly addicted to DLR and WDW popcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by StEpHandMiKe<3Disney View Post
Thanks everyone for being a part of my vacation and sharing my trip with me!
Love,
Steph
No, THANK YOU for sharing! I know writing a TR takes a little time but I'm so glad that people do it. I (like many) don't get to go as often as I would like to. I'm thinking that this might be our last Disney trip until 2012 so I really want to enjoy others' trip reports too!

And now you'll get to come back and read your report every time you get that itch to go back! I might need to start a PTR too...

Disneyland 9/04, 9/06, 1/10, 3/10, 11/10, 4/11, 7/11, 10/11, 1/12, Leap Day 2012, 3/12
Contemporary Resort 7/00 - Caribbean Beach Resort 9/08 - Polynesian Resort 4/10

IndayMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:27 AM   #25
SnowWhite09
DIS Veteran

Great trip report Steph - thanks so much for sharing!
Old 09-13-2010, 11:03 AM   #26
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you came back to finish it! Mine take forever to do, and it's nice to know people want us to finish them, but we always do!!

So glad you had a great time! I'm a little envious you saw the White Rabbit!! I have yet to while I'm there, lol.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:53 PM   #27
Todd Lee
Sloooowly making his way "there"

Thanks for dropping in to continue your report. As I started reading your report today, I got to the point where you asked if you should post more. I panicked for just a second thinking that I had just read into a dead end.
Thanks for continuing the story, just for me!
Todd Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:37 PM   #28
*Meagan*
DIS Veteran

Love your pics! Thanks for sharing! I need one of those hoodies!!
Old 09-15-2010, 08:30 AM   #29
StEpHandMiKe<3Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Meagan* View Post
Love your pics! Thanks for sharing! I need one of those hoodies!!
Thanks so much! I also found a Mickey Mouse backpack at Target this week on clearance for $3.94 that looks very similar to the jacket!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: