Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
Alice514
Earning My Ears

Another ? about transfers

Our October cruise on the Wonder, including the transfers, is paid in full. Since disembarkation is so early in the morning, and our flight home isn't until 4:30 the following day, we were planning to stay the night in an airport hotel.

I've recently decided that it would be WAY more fun to spend that night at a WDW resort, go to the MNSSHP that night, and then take DME back to MCO the next day. My plan is to keep this a surprise until we actually board the DCL coach to WDW.

My question is this: how exactly do the transfers work? Does it say specifically on your reservation that you are supposed to go from PC to MCO or from PC to WDW? Or do you just find the bus that is going to your desired location and get on? Am I supposed to call DCL and tell them about our change in plans?

Thanks!

Disneyland Paris- March 2009
WDW, POFQ- Jan/Feb 2007
WDW, POFQ- Feb 2005
WDW, All-Star Sports/BoardWalk- June 2003
WDW, Dixie Landings- Feb 2001
Disneyland- Too many times to count! (Annual Passholder)
Former CM- Disney Store, 1997-2009; Disneyland College Program June-Sept 2001
Alice514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
Paddle_Nut
Mouseketeer

I was just about to post the same question, I am looking in to staying at WDW the day we get back, do a 1 day stint at the resort, spend the night and then go home. My question is will DCL land transfers take you to the WDW resort hotels and deposit your luggage to said hotel so you can just immediately go to the park?

We are booked!
All Star Music January 24 - 29th
Disney Magic 7 Day Eastern, January 29, 2011

Paddle_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:22 PM   #3
outahere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddle_Nut View Post
My question is will DCL land transfers take you to the WDW resort hotels and deposit your luggage to said hotel so you can just immediately go to the park?
They will take you to your WDW hotel, but you are responsible for your luggage. You can check in when you arrive and if your room is not ready, bell services will keep your luggage for you and deliver it to your room when you are in your room and call them.

As for contacting DCL about the transfers, I would definitely call them if you are changing your plans. When you check in, your KTTW card will have a code printed on it that indicates you have paid for the transfers, and it may be different based on where you are going.

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
outahere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mnsshp, transfers

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: