Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2010, 03:54 PM   #406
laashley
DIS Veteran

Your epcot plans look good. Can't believe you have never been on Soarin'! It is about time. Can't wait for food and wine. I agree that you just have to snack around the world.

The mini09 tr made me so sad. So bittersweet to spend a weekend with your dad and then get on a plane to move home. I'm sure it was nice to share disney with him.
laashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:25 PM   #407
HeatherBelle614
Always wishing on a star!

The MNSSHP part of your itinerary made me really happy!! I'm SO excited!!

We have a lot of the same F&W foods on our list, too! I've never been to LC either, so I really want to try the soup!!!

That picture of your dad with the train and SM in the back is FANTASTIC!!!

Working on a fantastic dream now; new ticker to come soon!
HeatherBelle614 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2010, 06:53 PM   #408
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Awww what a nice update about your weekend with your dad!! Too bad it couldn't be under happier circumstances, but at least he got to see MK with you!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:08 PM   #409
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
I want to spend most of the day at the F&W and wandering the World Showcase.

I don't have pics of everything I want to try, as I couldn't find some on Google Images, but I have a good portion of them. I couldn't find the cannoli from Italy, the churro from Mexico, the dark chocolate sensation from the dessert booth, the waffles from Belgium, or the cheese fondue.
I think all those things are new for this year. I checked my pics from last year and we didn't get a churro in Mexico, if they had them we assuredly would have ordered it, Fran loves churros! We get them all the time in DL & DCA.

All the things you pictured are delicious, although I didn't care as much for the BBQ tenderloin, but the Fisherman's Pie and Chocolate Lava Cake...mmmmm
Alison ~~~~ I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:27 PM   #410
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Love your Epcot itinerary! I can't wait for the Food and Wine fest, everything looks SO good!

I love the mini TR with you and your dad, looks like you guys had a great time! Love the rental car he chose!
I know, I can't wait for F&W! That's one of the reasons we chose the first week of November for next year's trip I really can't wait to go, though. I wish we were going at the same time so we could enjoy something together Maybe next year!

We had a pretty good time, yeah. The car cracked me up, mostly because my dad is an eternal cheapskate. It still amazes me that he rented such an expensive car. I guess he figured it was just for the weekend or something. He loved driving it, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Even though the reason for it is sad, it sounds like you and your dad had a great time! I wish I could convince my dad to come to WDW with us. He loves theme parks and thrill rides so I know he'd have fun (and the last and only time he was there was in 1980 after he and my mom got married!).

I think the only way I'm going to actually get him to go is if me and my BF get married down there. Then my dad won't have a choice!
We did have a good time, but I got really sad toward the end of the day It wound up being my dad who came down because my mom had visited around election day and he hadn't been down. My whole family likes theme parks, but I'm the Disney nut.

I'd love to get married at Disney I don't think that'll ever happen, but you never know I get what you mean, though My dad wouldn't have a choice, either

Quote:
Originally Posted by laashley View Post
Your epcot plans look good. Can't believe you have never been on Soarin'! It is about time. Can't wait for food and wine. I agree that you just have to snack around the world.

The mini09 tr made me so sad. So bittersweet to spend a weekend with your dad and then get on a plane to move home. I'm sure it was nice to share disney with him.
Well, every time I went to Epcot after it opened, it was already late in the day, so the FPs were gone and the wait time was ridiculous. So I just never got around to it. I'll do it this time, though I plan on snacking around the world, but just in case I'm hungry again late in the evening, I do have that stop at Casey's planned. If I don't use that credit, I can use it in the morning at Pop or something.

It was nice, yeah. Both my parents had come down to get me after my first CP, and we have some funny stories from that. My mom had just had foot surgery, so we were pushing her around in a wheelchair. At one point, we went on Rock N Roller Coaster. My dad and I are huge into music, and so he was pushing her and I was walking ahead. Then I went through the turnstile. Then he did. And my mom was sitting there in the chair going "What the heck?" My dad forgot her! But yeah, it was nice, but sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherBelle614 View Post
The MNSSHP part of your itinerary made me really happy!! I'm SO excited!!

We have a lot of the same F&W foods on our list, too! I've never been to LC either, so I really want to try the soup!!!

That picture of your dad with the train and SM in the back is FANTASTIC!!!
Wait until I post the update for the third party I found some more pictures! I'm really excited about it, too I can't wait to get down there!

I'm really kind of picky, but I'm trying to expand my palate a little on this trip. Baby steps I wonder if they have the pretzel bread at the booth, but if they don't, I can always run back to Germany and get a pretzel. I like pretzels and cheese

I really like that picture. Originally, I just got one of him with SM, but then I heard the train coming and was like "Wait a minute". It looks better in a larger size, but it's still nice in the small size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
Awww what a nice update about your weekend with your dad!! Too bad it couldn't be under happier circumstances, but at least he got to see MK with you!
Now he just has to see DAK After my first CP, my parents came down and we hit both DHS and Epcot in a day. We had a good weekend, but I do wish it had just been a visit on his part. Such is life, though, right? I'm trying to give myself pixie dust or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I think all those things are new for this year. I checked my pics from last year and we didn't get a churro in Mexico, if they had them we assuredly would have ordered it, Fran loves churros! We get them all the time in DL & DCA.

All the things you pictured are delicious, although I didn't care as much for the BBQ tenderloin, but the Fisherman's Pie and Chocolate Lava Cake...mmmmm
I know the waffles from Belgium are new, and I want to say the fondue is as well. I actually only recently tried a churro, and was surprised by how good it was. My best friend and I were at Six Flags and she got one and let me try it. It was filled with chocolate, though, so that may have made a difference

I know, I've heard all about that from you Your recommendation is the reason the fisherman's pie is on my list!

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:07 AM   #411
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
I know, I've heard all about that from you Your recommendation is the reason the fisherman's pie is on my list!
I'm flattered that you have taken my reccomendation to heart. Hopefully you will love it, I sure did!
Alison ~~~~ I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:17 AM   #412
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I'm flattered that you have taken my reccomendation to heart. Hopefully you will love it, I sure did!
I'll definitely let you know if I like it or not

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
Old 09-07-2010, 06:39 AM   #413
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

I love your Day 4 II. Nice to know what I'll be doing on this day with you

And it definitely is bittersweet reading about your Dad and you 09 trip. Love the car and it's nice that your dad came all that way to take you home .

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:29 PM   #414
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I love your Day 4 II. Nice to know what I'll be doing on this day with you

And it definitely is bittersweet reading about your Dad and you 09 trip. Love the car and it's nice that your dad came all that way to take you home .

If you notice, I only have a few things listed that I want to do If there's something you want to do that I don't want to, I'll wait for you at the exit

Well, it was either going to be him or my mom, since one of them wanted to come down and get me instead of me either paying extra baggage fees or leaving half of my stuff in Orlando. But yeah, it was nice that he came down

Me DBF
Old 09-08-2010, 05:07 AM   #415
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
If you notice, I only have a few things listed that I want to do If there's something you want to do that I don't want to, I'll wait for you at the exit
Likewise!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:08 AM   #416
DisneyFirefly

Me DBF
Old 09-08-2010, 05:35 PM   #417
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Ahhh! I've missed so many good updates, I'm sorry! I am loving your illustrated itinerary (the food pics had me drooling! ) and the mini-TR is great!!
therussells08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:23 PM   #418
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
Ahhh! I've missed so many good updates, I'm sorry! I am loving your illustrated itinerary (the food pics had me drooling! ) and the mini-TR is great!!
Hey, it happens I'm just glad you're still reading I like doing the illustrated itinerary. It's fun It can be annoying trying to find some of the pics, but I usually find what I'm looking for The mini-TR was nice, once I finally found the pictures on my dad's computer.

Me DBF
Old 09-10-2010, 03:36 AM   #419
DisneyFirefly

So guess how many days I have left today?

If you don't get it, click here and read.

I'm three days late on my final payment, but I can make the payment today. I was going to do it online, as my paycheck is already in my bank account (yay direct deposit), but it wouldn't let me, so I'll just wait until the office opens and then call them and do it over the phone.

So onward to Day 5 of my illustrated itinerary!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I might sleep in this day, but I'm not sure. Probably not. I'm also not sure if PrincessInOz will be joining me for the morning of this day, but that's up to her Either way, I'm going to spend the morning here...

The first thing I want to do is go here and either get a FP or go on it, depending on the wait time:

I love this ride, it's so much fun

After that, the only things I really have on the list are as follows:

I did some fiddling on the reservations website a couple weeks ago and managed to get an earlier time for my lunch here:

So I'll be heading there for lunch at 11:45. I wanted an earlier time because I was worried that, with my previous 1:10 reservation, I wouldn't be hungry by dinnertime. This is one of the only two TS restaurants I've ever eaten at at WDW. The other one was Crystal Palace

I'm hoping to be finished with the five rides I want to go on after lunch I'm skipping the shows this time around, and won't be trying to see Fantasmic, as every night it shows is a MNSSHP night. But once I'm done with those rides, I'm going to hop on the bus and head here:

I really don't have a plan. Anything I haven't gotten to, I'll do, and I'll probably wind up going on rides I've already been on, like Haunted Mansion. At 4, I'll get my wristband for that night's MNSSHP. Around 5, I'm going to head over here to meet PrincessInOz and LuvChefMic for dinner before MNSSHP:

And by the time we're done with dinner, it'll almost be time for this!

Not sure what the plan is for the party, so I won't post too much about that. But we'll enjoy it

After the party, I'll head back to Pop to go to bed

Me DBF
Old 09-10-2010, 06:12 AM   #420
DisneyFirefly

Just got off the phone with Disney. Heard some lovely words we all want to hear...

Paid in full!

Me DBF

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: