Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2010, 10:39 AM   #811
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queila View Post
That was a great wrap up just like the rest of your trip report! Source of great inspiration for me!!

Q
Thanks Queila! I just went and subbed to your TR--can't wait to read about your trip!

Upcoming: Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 08-05-2010, 02:54 PM   #812
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

I'm already missing this TR too much...when are you & Michael going back?!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2010, 12:24 PM   #813
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I'm already missing this TR too much...when are you & Michael going back?!
Thanks! I'm missing it too! Well..............Michael made it to the second phase for a job in Tampa, FL.........and if he gets it, we'll be going all the time! We're REALLY praying that he gets that job (not because of Disney--the church sounds amazing and we would love to be a part of their ministry--but Disney would be a great bonus)! But if he doesn't get that job, then who knows. It probably won't be for years and years.

Oh--and I just saw that you have a new TR! I'm going over to check it out now!

Upcoming: Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 08-06-2010, 08:20 PM   #814
mandas08
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
Thanks! I'm missing it too! Well..............Michael made it to the second phase for a job in Tampa, FL.........and if he gets it, we'll be going all the time! We're REALLY praying that he gets that job (not because of Disney--the church sounds amazing and we would love to be a part of their ministry--but Disney would be a great bonus)! But if he doesn't get that job, then who knows. It probably won't be for years and years.

Oh--and I just saw that you have a new TR! I'm going over to check it out now!
I will keep you in my prayers for him getting the job..good luck!: I dream of moving away for a few years, but then I feel like we would need to move back to be close to grandma and grandpa for the kids. Ive told hubby to keep a look out.. I wouldnt mind a little adventure before we settle down 43 days til my disney trip yay!!
Old 08-09-2010, 09:27 AM   #815
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandas08 View Post
I will keep you in my prayers for him getting the job..good luck!: I dream of moving away for a few years, but then I feel like we would need to move back to be close to grandma and grandpa for the kids. Ive told hubby to keep a look out.. I wouldnt mind a little adventure before we settle down 43 days til my disney trip yay!!
Thank you so much!! I appreciate it! We feel like this would be the perfect time to move far away because we don't have any kids yet, and our parents are all getting close to retirement--7 years for my dad and a little more for his--so they can come visit a lot when we do have kids. Adventure is always good! Do you know where yall would like to move? We're really up for anything! WOO-HOO!! Have SO much fun at Disney World!

Old 08-09-2010, 11:23 AM   #816
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

OH my goodness! Best recap I have ever read I love all of the things that you posted. Kona looks AH-maZING! I read your "wish we would have" list. You MUST see the Jammin Jungle parade! It is one of the best ones in WDW for sure. The music is amazing. Also, taking a train in MK is so much fun! They have small little hidden details (like an Indian tribe spot) that you can't see from the parks. So cool!

I have to say, we never make it to Tom Sawyers or Storytime with Belle either! Two things I always wanted to do. They are replacing Storytime with the new Tangled characters starting in October. I hope they bring Belle back after, though!

LOVE LOVE LOVE your TRs. When is the next trip??
Old 08-23-2010, 02:28 PM   #817
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
OH my goodness! Best recap I have ever read I love all of the things that you posted. Kona looks AH-maZING! I read your "wish we would have" list. You MUST see the Jammin Jungle parade! It is one of the best ones in WDW for sure. The music is amazing. Also, taking a train in MK is so much fun! They have small little hidden details (like an Indian tribe spot) that you can't see from the parks. So cool!

I have to say, we never make it to Tom Sawyers or Storytime with Belle either! Two things I always wanted to do. They are replacing Storytime with the new Tangled characters starting in October. I hope they bring Belle back after, though!

LOVE LOVE LOVE your TRs. When is the next trip??
Aw, thanks so much, Katie! I'm glad you liked it! It was fun to look over all of our photos and notes again. You REALLY need to eat at Kona someday. It's incredible. We didn't want to spend so much time watching parades this past trip, but I definitely want to see them next time!

Really? I hope they bring Belle back someday too. She's my absolute favorite! Tangled looks really cute, though!

Thank you! I have absolutely no idea when our next trip will be. It depends on where we end up moving. We're still "in the running" for two jobs in FL, so if that's the case, we'll be going all the time! And Michael told me last night that we might be able to go back to Disney World--or Disneyland, which would probably be my vote since I've never been to CA--sooner than we were planning! So maybe in a few years. I'll for sure let you know when we do, though! Thanks so much for reading along. I've loved getting to know you via the boards!

Old 09-01-2010, 07:46 AM   #818
Nbarker
Earning My Ears

Just wanted to tell you how much I've enjoyed your tr. I have read thru the entire thing, but just been a 'lurker'. I know you had a ball and reading all these tr's makes me soooo ready to go back. I have a six and an almost-two-year old, so we are planning on going back in about a year. We went when my daughter was 3 1/2 and it was great. Neither of my kids have been good travelers, so that is why we are waiting on Langston to get a little bigger. I am def. interested in renting points next time so we can stay in a deluxe. We stayed at Pop last time and it was fine, but my husband is dying to stay at AKL. (I say dying, but really he just commented he wanted to stay there. I made it my mission then to fulfill his dream. haha. I know he gives my every wish that much attention!) I would love to follow along with your blog or facebook page or whatever and see what happens with ya'll. I don't mean to sound 'stalkerish' but it seems like we have a lot in common, so I am interested to see where life takes you. Good luck with the job search, I know the Lord will lead you just where you need to be!
Old 09-01-2010, 09:15 AM   #819
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbarker View Post
Just wanted to tell you how much I've enjoyed your tr. I have read thru the entire thing, but just been a 'lurker'. I know you had a ball and reading all these tr's makes me soooo ready to go back. I have a six and an almost-two-year old, so we are planning on going back in about a year. We went when my daughter was 3 1/2 and it was great. Neither of my kids have been good travelers, so that is why we are waiting on Langston to get a little bigger. I am def. interested in renting points next time so we can stay in a deluxe. We stayed at Pop last time and it was fine, but my husband is dying to stay at AKL. (I say dying, but really he just commented he wanted to stay there. I made it my mission then to fulfill his dream. haha. I know he gives my every wish that much attention!) I would love to follow along with your blog or facebook page or whatever and see what happens with ya'll. I don't mean to sound 'stalkerish' but it seems like we have a lot in common, so I am interested to see where life takes you. Good luck with the job search, I know the Lord will lead you just where you need to be!
Aw, thank you so much for reading along and for your sweet comments! We did have an absolute ball! We loved every minute of it and can't wait to go back someday. 3 1/2 sounds like a great age for Disney World! I'm sure it'll be amazing when you all go back. You HAVE TO rent points!! We absolutely loved it, and I don't think we'll go to Disney any other way. It's an amazing deal, and we loved being at the AKL. I don't really keep up with fb at all, but I would love for you to follow my blog! It's http://ourfamilye.wordpress.com/ I update it pretty regularly. I wrote about our San Antonio vacation and pretty much anything that comes to mind. I'm anxious to know where we're moving so I can start blogging about that too. We don't want to tell our youth until we know where we're going--just so it's not even more tough by being drug out. Thank you! We're excited to see where that ends up being. Right now, it's pretty much been narrowed to a church in Beaumont, TX and one in St Johns (by Jacksonville), FL. We should have an answer by the end of next week. Thank you again for reading, and hopefully I'll see you over at my blog!

Old 09-03-2010, 11:54 AM   #820
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
Aw, thank you so much for reading along and for your sweet comments! We did have an absolute ball! We loved every minute of it and can't wait to go back someday. 3 1/2 sounds like a great age for Disney World! I'm sure it'll be amazing when you all go back. You HAVE TO rent points!! We absolutely loved it, and I don't think we'll go to Disney any other way. It's an amazing deal, and we loved being at the AKL. I don't really keep up with fb at all, but I would love for you to follow my blog! It's http://ourfamilye.wordpress.com/ I update it pretty regularly. I wrote about our San Antonio vacation and pretty much anything that comes to mind. I'm anxious to know where we're moving so I can start blogging about that too. We don't want to tell our youth until we know where we're going--just so it's not even more tough by being drug out. Thank you! We're excited to see where that ends up being. Right now, it's pretty much been narrowed to a church in Beaumont, TX and one in St Johns (by Jacksonville), FL. We should have an answer by the end of next week. Thank you again for reading, and hopefully I'll see you over at my blog!
So I am totally joining your blog!! i can't wait to here where ya'll are moving to, and I hope it is beneficial to ya'll. Good luck in the next several days!!
Old 09-09-2010, 02:02 PM   #821
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leleluvsdis View Post
So I am totally joining your blog!! i can't wait to here where ya'll are moving to, and I hope it is beneficial to ya'll. Good luck in the next several days!!
Thank you so much!! It's been a lot of fun to write it. I'll have the moving update up next! Thank you so much!

Old 09-09-2010, 02:25 PM   #822
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Life Update: We're Moving!!

Hi Everyone!

Even though my trip is over, I wanted to give you this life update. We're moving!!!

Michael and I went to Beaumont, TX this past weekend/week to have our final interview at a church and we were offered the jobs!! Michael will be the full-time youth minister, and I'll be his assistant! We're so excited that we'll be able to work together and I'll actually get paid for the things I already help him with now. And I'll be able to help a lot more since I won't have another job. And a big bonus is that I'll be able to use my degree and actually get paid to do what I'm passionate about! Everyone at the church is super nice too. We really feel like we fit in well there.

We've already found an apartment, and our lease officially starts Sept 17th (this month's rent was free because they're running a special in Sept, so we decided to take advantage of it) but we're planning on not moving until October 1st or so. Everything is just falling into place. Oh--and the pastor told us that whenever we have a baby, I can stay home and just work from the house since it's part-time. This is a HUGE blessing for us because we've always wanted me to be able to stay home when we have kids (none on the way, btw).

So that's a little life update for us! Thanks so much for your well-wishes, thoughts, and/or prayers!! Yall are so great!

And I'd love for you to stop by our blog sometime! I try to update it regularly (these past few weeks have been not as frequent because of my back getting messed up again and then us trying to figure out all this job stuff). It has everything from life news to recipes to travel to TV shows. Here's the link in case you're interested: http://ourfamilye.wordpress.com/

Oh--and please don't mention the move on FB or the blog until we announce it there. We're waiting until next Wednesday to tell our youth students, and I don't want them stumbling upon the news sooner. Thanks!

Thank you again for reading this TR and for letting me share about our trip with you. I'm so thankful for the friendships that have been made with you all!

--Staci

PS. If I'm reading your TR/PTR, sooooo sorry I'm so behind! It's been crazy lately! But I'll try to catch up asap!

Old 09-09-2010, 03:05 PM   #823
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on the new jobs! I knew everything would work out for you. Good luck with the move. I've bookmarked your blog. I check it regularly.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:46 PM   #824
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Yay for having everything work out! I'm so glad that you're both happy with the positions! Praise God that He worked it all out for good

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 09-09-2010, 03:53 PM   #825
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Congratulations!!! It seems as if everything is falling perfectly into place

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: