Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2010, 10:16 PM   #301
Must C Mickey
Mouseketeer

Great update! I've never seen the water pageant but it is a must on my next trip.

1/1995 Offsite, 1/2008 Pop Century, 3/2009 Pop Century, 1/2010 CBR, 1/2011 AS Sports, 2/2012 AS Sports, AofA 12/2013-1/2014.

Around 'The World' in 7 Days - A 2 Family Vaca! (A Jan 2010 TR)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2437043
Old 09-07-2010, 10:21 PM   #302
dvc at last !
DVC Member 2006!

glad I found this thread....
nice pics !

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2010, 03:55 PM   #303
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Last day!

It's our last day! I think I could live here forever! Avery's right there with me too. So, we brought our suitcases down to check in for DME. The in-laws were leaving a couple hours before we had to, but we all had time to go back to MK one last time.

I'm not sure why Max is looking so mischevious here, but it gives you a good look at their t-shirts. Appropriate for the last day I think. The cousins sure have enjoyed their time together. They'll really miss each other when we go our separate ways again!

MIL had a little trouble checking in her luggage. The corner had broken off of her driver's license (and the corner was missing.) I hope she can get on the airplane!

DH and I walked all the kids over to MK while they were sorting things out. You know us, we can't stand to miss rope drop! We only missed it by a minute. The rest of the group caught up to us just as we finished renting the stroller for the day. The kids hadn't been on the Tomorrowland Speedway yet this trip, so that was top priority this morning!

The next must-do was to get over to see the fairies just as Toontown opened! We did NOT want to end up in an hour wait! While we were waiting for RD at TT, Kyle and Avery brought there balloons to pass onto other kids who would enjoy them. Avery was pretty upset after she gave it away though. We didn't bring my kids balloons to pass on because Ella had drooled all over them or something sticky was all over them, so they weren't in good enough shape.

Pictures of Tink and friends coming next...

Last edited by dr&momto2boys; 09-08-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:07 PM   #304
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

The wait was still lengthy even arriving right at RD. It was a good experience though. The photopass pics are better, but here are mine (taken over there shoulder.) We'll see if I get ambitious once I finish the TR and add our photopass pics too.

I guess I didn't take any pictures with the other fairies since I knew we were getting the photopass anyway.

I think the kids probably did another ride or two on Goofy's Barnstormer before we went back to Fantasyland.

You know Ella and Avery HAD to have one last ride on IASW! They must be the biggest fans! We all went on again.

We started heading toward Crystal Palace where we had lunch reservations. The show in front of the castle was just starting so we actually found a shady place to stand and see it. It was sooo hot!

Does Ella look like an enthusiastic Disney fan, or what? She sure enjoyed eerything especially considering she's only 15months old!

I went ahead to check us in at Crystal Palace. It's such a pretty area.

It was just opening for lunch, so it was crowded as they began seating.

What a good group of kids! I can't tell you how awesome they all were on this trip!

Up next: Pictures from lunch, the last few hours of park time, and the surprise encounter that made Max's day!

Last edited by dr&momto2boys; 09-12-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:38 PM   #305
disneyloverforchrist
Mouseketeer

I'm very late, but about halfway through the trip report!!! We only have one little boy right now, but are wanting to have 2 or 3 more children, so I wanted to see how Disney is done with that many kids! Your kids did fabulous it sounds like and are adorable to boot!!!

1989---FIRST TRIP Contemporary Resort
Several trips in early 90's staying off site ; 1998---Yacht Club Resort
December 2006---AKL for HONEYMOON, December 2007---Pop Century for Girls Trip! DS was in my belly and kicking for the first time!,December 2008---All Star Music with DH, DS, my mom, my dad , and my brother. , December 2009---POFQ with the hubby for our anniversary January 2011---FIRST trip as DVC owners!!!! May 2012---First trip with my in-laws

Disney Lover For Christ
Old 09-10-2010, 06:43 PM   #306
dd50
DIS Veteran

Great update! Looks like they are having a good time and it is good that all were well behaved. My daughter loved Disney at 15 months also. When she was younger about 5 months she had a good time playing with her feet or smiling at people.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:03 AM   #307
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyloverforchrist View Post
I'm very late, but about halfway through the trip report!!! We only have one little boy right now, but are wanting to have 2 or 3 more children, so I wanted to see how Disney is done with that many kids! Your kids did fabulous it sounds like and are adorable to boot!!!
Thank you so much! I hope you get your wish! We're working on #4 right now and perhaps there will be a 5th in our future. I'm hoping we'll have many Disney trips together and hopefully more with the extended family too. It sure is nice having extra adults around! And actually the kids are easier to take care of with their cousins around to keep them occupied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd50 View Post
Great update! Looks like they are having a good time and it is good that all were well behaved. My daughter loved Disney at 15 months also. When she was younger about 5 months she had a good time playing with her feet or smiling at people.
Thanks! We took Jacob when he was 5 months and he had a good time then too. He would have had a good time anywhere--but we had a great time and he obviously loved the nonstop attention. The only thing he didn't like were the dark restaurants like Coral Reef and the one in Mexico.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:38 AM   #308
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Here are a few pictures from lunch at Crystal Palace. It was funny that we could see Kyle's internal struggle to be too old for character interaction and wanting to get in on it. He was almost 7 on this trip. It's amazing how kids change so fast! The rest of the kids enjoyed it immensely!

Ella liked signing her own autographs. She was a little leary of these characters anyway!

After lunch we had very little time left before the in-laws had to leave. We decided to spend it in Tomorrowland.

We took a ride on the TTA/People Mover. The perfect ride to facilitate Ella's afternoon nap.

Then it was time to say "Goodbye." It was sad to see them go! And soon we would be going too!

Coming up: Max's surprise! and one of the least likely thing to be doing at the Magic Kingdom.

Last edited by dr&momto2boys; 09-14-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:14 PM   #309
dd50
DIS Veteran

You got some great pictures. Isn't it funny how they think it isn't cool to see the characters but still really want too.

It must have been sad as every one is getting ready to leave. We had that last year when my oldest daughter and my 2 grandchildren left on the ME as they live in CA.

This year they came back with us for a few days which was nice.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:04 AM   #310
Lisa29
Mouseketeer

I can't believe your trip report is nearly over

I've really enjoyed reading it and can't wait for the next part.

Five Little Ones Take the Adults - My 15 night SSR stay with DDP trip report

My Grand Villa at Bay Lake Tower pictures are HERE and HERE

I have no ticker.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:46 PM   #311
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
I can't believe your trip report is nearly over

I've really enjoyed reading it and can't wait for the next part.
Oh, Thank you! Well, I could really drag it out by waiting a week to post another update.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:57 PM   #312
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

After saying goodbye, we went for another ride on Buzz Lightyear.

This must be Jacob's attempt at acting sad to be caught in jail.

I also talked Jacob into trying Stitch's Great Escape. I warned him of the terrible smell, and he was more concerned about when that was going to happen than being afraid of the "ride."

As we walked off of this ride, I noticed everyone looking up at the sky. Then I remembered that a space shuttle was launching this afternoon. Cool! Watching it fly over Space Mountain was a pretty neat setting.

While this was a unique experience and made DH's and my day, this is still not Max's favorite part... We'll get to it soon.

Last edited by dr&momto2boys; 09-14-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:10 PM   #313
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

I cannot believe that tomorrow makes exactly 4 months since I started this TR! I'll do my best to finish it tomorrow. It was more work than I imagined! Thanks to everyone who writes TRs and thanks to all the readers! Especially those who have taken the time to comment and keep me motivated!
Old 09-14-2010, 09:25 PM   #314
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr&momto2boys View Post
I cannot believe that tomorrow makes exactly 4 months since I started this TR! I'll do my best to finish it tomorrow. It was more work than I imagined! Thanks to everyone who writes TRs and thanks to all the readers! Especially those who have taken the time to comment and keep me motivated!
You are sooooo right! TRs take forever, but a great way to relive the trip!...I'm almost done with mine, too. One more installment and that's it. And by the way....congrats!!!!! How exciting for your family! Best of luck!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
Old 09-15-2010, 09:07 PM   #315
dd50
DIS Veteran

Don't think I could stay with writing one so never started one.

I see you will be going at Christmas which I knew but didn't know it would be your first time. Love it at Christmas time. We went one day last year but the high was 38 degrees so it much colder than normal and we only went to MK.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: