Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2010, 12:14 AM   #241
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Hi! I'm joining in too. I thought I had subbed, but apparently not.
I've seen you on a bunch of other mutual friend's TRs too. So anyway,
you're off to a great start and I'm looking forward to how the rest of the trip goes!

We have gotten on empty ME buses and it never goes that well. We wait...You must have had timing on your side!
Hi Sheree! we were sooooo lucky on that bus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I think I have PTSD from our red-eye so reading about yours, even as mellow as it was other than the tossing and turning, has my palms sweaty and I am having flashbacks of cranky kids. I think my mistake was having a layover at 3:30 am.
omg layover on a redeye. I had that once coming back to Seattle from Chicago via Vegas. NEVER again.

That layover turns a 5 hour trip into an 8. I'd still be traumatized too!
Old 09-07-2010, 10:37 AM   #242
claryche
DIS Veteran

Loving your report already. I just found it a week ago.

I don't know if someone has already posted this, or you already know this. But the whole pill swallowing thing, made me think about something. I use to have a really hard time swallowing pills. Couldn't really do it until college . when I had mono and had to take some pills and my roommate told me to try to take them with some OJ, because it will disguise the taste and is thicker. So I would get a mouth from of OJ, drop in the pill and swallow. It worked. And to this day, I have to have a mouth full of water first, before putting a pill in my mouth. So anyway, that might help your son.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2010, 10:55 AM   #243
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by claryche View Post
Loving your report already. I just found it a week ago.

I don't know if someone has already posted this, or you already know this. But the whole pill swallowing thing, made me think about something. I use to have a really hard time swallowing pills. Couldn't really do it until college . when I had mono and had to take some pills and my roommate told me to try to take them with some OJ, because it will disguise the taste and is thicker. So I would get a mouth from of OJ, drop in the pill and swallow. It worked. And to this day, I have to have a mouth full of water first, before putting a pill in my mouth. So anyway, that might help your son.
Hi and I actually still take pills that way, it just didn't occur to me to tell him that the first time in all the craziness and while I tried to explain it the second time (with water, it's all we had) he didn't quite "get" it.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:01 PM   #244
norybell
DIS Veteran

Ha, my 33-year-old DH still can barely swallow pills. I make fun of him for his chewable vitamins.

What awesome luck with the ME bus! I'm totally jealous...seems like I always have to wait, and sit next to a stranger, and be staying at the last resort dropped off...
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

Old 09-07-2010, 01:19 PM   #245
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
Ha, my 33-year-old DH still can barely swallow pills. I make fun of him for his chewable vitamins.

What awesome luck with the ME bus! I'm totally jealous...seems like I always have to wait, and sit next to a stranger, and be staying at the last resort dropped off...
LOL! If I could find most things in chewable, I'd probably do it too!

I don't know what it is about multiple stops but it never fails that you are the last resort on any given bus. It's bizarre!

It was SO cool that he just left like that, I could not believe it.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:16 PM   #246
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran

I love your pill taking (or lack thereof) description. I could totally picture it. I remember the first time I had to swallow a pill...I did it eventually but not without a lot of tears. It's funny how many people have a comment about it. It is turning out to be this tramatic thing from everyone's childhoods.

It was cool to see that you were able to pull off the surprise hotel switch. You are so good at that! I have such a hard time because I get so excited about the surprise.

I can't wait to hear your next update about your arrival & eating at WCC. We are going to try that restaurant on our next trip and we've never been before.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:19 PM   #247
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
I love your pill taking (or lack thereof) description. I could totally picture it. I remember the first time I had to swallow a pill...I did it eventually but not without a lot of tears. It's funny how many people have a comment about it. It is turning out to be this tramatic thing from everyone's childhoods.

It was cool to see that you were able to pull off the surprise hotel switch. You are so good at that! I have such a hard time because I get so excited about the surprise.

I can't wait to hear your next update about your arrival & eating at WCC. We are going to try that restaurant on our next trip and we've never been before.
Yeah, it seems like more people have (or had) issues than not! Kind of funny. The surprise was fun!
Old 09-08-2010, 11:57 AM   #248
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I have to put liquid in my mouth and then add the pills. Still, to this day, and only one pill at a time. Why it didn't occur to me is beyond me!
Seriously? Everything should come in a chewable. Preferably a gummy one. Life would be so much nicer, wouldn't it?
Old 09-08-2010, 12:09 PM   #250
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Especially if they tasted like swedish fish
Brilliant! I prefer red or purple. Alright, who do we need to send this idea to so we can make a fortune?
Old 09-08-2010, 12:17 PM   #252
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

The kids seemed shocked you were staying at WL!

You had some great luck with ME!

When I was a kid I had the chicken pox extremely bad. I had to take pills and I was gagging trying to swallow them. My parents had to put the pills in applesauce for me to eat them. I still hate taking pills to this day, though I don't use applesauce now.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:24 PM   #253
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
The kids seemed shocked you were staying at WL!

You had some great luck with ME!

When I was a kid I had the chicken pox extremely bad. I had to take pills and I was gagging trying to swallow them. My parents had to put the pills in applesauce for me to eat them. I still hate taking pills to this day, though I don't use applesauce now.
Ah yes, drugging the applesauce. Still a trick. That would have actually worked for Eric quite well.

It was pretty funny as in the days leading up to the trip and at the airport and even walking down to DME Eric in particular kept asking questions about how many days at POP, how many at the YC, when did Sandie and Paul get there etc.

I didn't want to lie so I'd say "well, we are at the YC for 5 nights, starting on the 14th, so how many nights are we somewhere else?"

They had a hard enough time tracking when Sandie and Paul got there which made it easy to sneak this surprise in there. They had about 5 minutes of disappointment over POP but got over it quickly!
Old 09-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #254
manntra
DIS Veteran

I think the sublingual pills are the ones you just put under your tongue and they dissolve I have had a few varieties at my chiropractor
You had your very own bus!! How cool is that!! You are like celebrities!!!
Looking forward to your breakfast antics....well maybe not "your" breakfast antics

Tracy
Old 09-08-2010, 01:42 PM   #255
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
I think the sublingual pills are the ones you just put under your tongue and they dissolve I have had a few varieties at my chiropractor
You had your very own bus!! How cool is that!! You are like celebrities!!!
Looking forward to your breakfast antics....well maybe not "your" breakfast antics

Tracy
Celebrities! too funny. It WAS cool (and I'm sure will never happen again so I'm going to hang onto that memory for sure)

Ah, the under your tongue thing...If I'd have thought of applesauce that probably would have been best, though hard to manage at the airport. He could have had it mixed into his burrito I guess at dinner but then I worried he'd nap in the car and it would have worn off by the time we got on the actual plane. Should have let him get a drink and tried to dissolve it?

Oh well. Next time, there will be more red eyes in his future.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: