Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2010, 07:53 AM   #1
DISWolves
Dreams really can come true !!!!

21 day dining plan tour - day 19 - fantasia golf & grand floridian cafe

DAY 19 - Fantasia Miniature Golf - Grand Floridian Cafe

Had a lie in today, still not felling too good.
Sue decided to call at Goods to Go and grab a couple of muffins and drinks for herself and Emma.
Around 11 o’clock we had a walk to the quiet pool and met Martin & family.
Martin mentioned Walgreens on SR535 near Crossroads had a good pharmacy section. I wasn’t sure where it was so, he came along with me. I had previously bought a spray chloroseptic cherry flavour many years ago for a sore throat, and boy was I glad when I saw it again on the shelf.
A quick check with the on-duty pharmacist, and he confirmed it was the medi to use.
In the meantime, Sue and Emma had gone back with Wendy (burt’s DW) to have a look at their ‘mansion’. I think they call them 2 bed villas, and apart from having everything inside, it was huge.
The view from the balcony looked across the lake and golf course, over to OKW marina.

A few sprays of the ‘magic’ potion and I felt good enough for some food!, so we popped around the corner to POR for a snack.

Nigel: Chocolate & Vanilla ice cream (Lovely throat soother!)
Emma: Fries
Sue: Apple Crisp + Strawberry & Vanilla ice cream.

We didn’t feel up to visiting a park, so we decided to spend a relaxing afternoon at Fantasia Gardens miniature golf.

Each hole is well themed and we were fortunate that it was very quiet, so we did not feel rushed.

There are two large covered areas next to the golf course, anyone know what they are for????
Tonight we had an ADR at Grand Floridian Cafe, so after winning the ‘masters’ we returned back to OKW for a shower and change.
The Grand Floridian is my favourite Disney hotel bar none and I always enjoy having a wander around.

The outside was in the process of being re-painted and a few hydraulic platforms were visible around the back. We arrived slightly early to check in and were given a pager. In the meantime I took a few photo’s and listened to the pianist on the grand piano. His name is Glen, and he played Disney classics, faultlessly without effort!

Soon our pager was flashing and we made our way to the entrance.
Our server was very attentive and the service was first class without being over powering

Nigel: Grilled Rib-Eye + Tiramisu + Diet coke
Sue: Salmon with Asparagus + Dessert sampler (shared) + Diet coke + Captain’s Rum Runner cocktail
Emma: Oven roasted half chicken + Dessert sampler + Diet coke

My steak was delicious and the plate was cleared with little effort!
This, together with Chef de France, this was the most enjoyable meal we had eaten on the DDP both in terms of quality and service.
A stroll back to the distant car park and it was back to OKW.

RETURN TO TRIP INDEX

Last edited by DISWolves; 02-14-2013 at 01:21 PM.
DISWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #2
jamjar84
DIS Veteran

Great day.

What a great shot of Emma and the rose, a very pro looking photo.
jamjar84 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2010, 04:16 PM   #3
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

fab day, glad you got the sore throat sorted. we love to wander around GF, reminds me of a bygone era and romantic historical films. lovely photo's.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:43 PM   #4
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Food looks lovely and your DD looks stunning - she really suits that maxi dress. Great photos again
20+ trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP, Cabana bay and Universal Oct 2014

DH 40 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:36 AM   #5
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Mmm, that food looks delish and more lovely photos too

Another great day

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:57 AM   #6
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

That's the only thing with the GF the car park is miles away!
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:12 PM   #7
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

Lovely day , we love the gf and always eat at the gf cafe when there!
Old 09-11-2010, 10:59 AM   #8
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
That's the only thing with the GF the car park is miles away!
Even worse when you trying to walk and balance a mickey cake.

Nigel, great shot of the rose & Emma, I was trying to create a similar effect, practising on Matt(below before I delete them) but I didn't have my DSLR with me, not as easy with a compact. Strange we both did it in GF cafe.

• 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:33 AM   #9
DISWolves
Dreams really can come true !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
Nigel, great shot of the rose & Emma, I was trying to create a similar effect, practising on Matt(below before I delete them) but I didn't have my DSLR with me, not as easy with a compact. Strange we both did it in GF cafe.
S-P-O-O-K-Y

I think we should put this down to a photographers eye

I took this on my trusty Sony compact, set on close focus with the flash off

Problem is....2 days before we came home, it decided it didn't want to focus anymore
The model is no longer in production , so on the lookout for another compact. May go for Lumix or Sony TX5 or TX7
DISWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:48 PM   #10
mark&sue
I keep trying to convert everybody, but they just don't want to be converted
I can only get a tag if its near the weekend. a monday, tuesday and some wednesdays are definately no tag days

Great photos. I always seem to get ill while on holiday. Hope it didn't spoil your trip too much

susan
Oct 1992: off site - April 1998: Dixie Landings - Oct 1999: DL California - Oct 2000: Grosvenor Resort - Oct 2001: POFQ - Dec 2001:Disneyland Hotel - Oct 2003: Davy Crockets Cabins - Oct 2004: Grand Floridian -May 2005: SSR (DVC) & HRH - Oct 2005: New York Hotel - Oct 2006: SSR and BCV (DVC) - Aug 2007: SSR (DVC) and 1st Disney Cruise - July 2008: Sequoia Lodge - July 2010: Treehouse Villas - Sequoia Lodge: Oct 2010 - April 2011 Treehouse Villas/Portofino Bay
2012/13: Several trips to our Dream holiday Home in Spain
mark&sue is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: