Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #11
churchpilot
I never look back, Dahling, it distracts from the NOW!

Two different experiences stand out....Buzz Lightyear this past April---a young boy (7-8) and his mom were in line and she was pulling him along by his arm. He would pull against her, but not say anything. I thought this was odd, but upon reflection, I do believe he probably had some sort of sensory issues, etc. All of a sudden he yanked loose and tried to run off. She grabbed him and took him to the ground to try and control him. We were all a little shocked and not sure what to do. All of a sudden he got up and took off running. He whizzed right past us and the mom screamed his name over and over (he was headed out, not toward the ride). She was having a harder time getting by people and catching up with him and her face was loaded with fear, despair, etc. My husband took off after him at that point and the mom just crumpled to the ground and started crying and saying "I can't do it anymore....." It was so sad and more than a few of us were crying and hurting for her. My husband did catch up to him and got him in a bear hug and finally managed to call me and ask what to do next. We told mom that my husband had her son and she got up and apologized, said "thank you" and I walked out with her. They were reunited and everything seemed to be okay at that point. The other one.................happened in May. A little boy who looked to be about 3 nutted up on his parents outside POTC and started kicking, hitting, pinching, and screaming at his mom and dad. I couldn't understand him (he was Asian) but you knew he was mad. They both spoke to him in calm voices and tried to placate him. Not working. Then he made a mistake---spit in his mothers face and then spit at his Dad but hit our stroller instead. My husband's turn to nut up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He bent down and put his finger in the little angels face and did his deepest, meanest man voice and said "no". You would have thought he poured ice water on the little tot. He turned beet red and ran to mom and started wailing. My husband walked over to the mom, bent down again and repeated "no, and said stop". He did...........poor kid---with passive parents like that you wonder if he won't turn out to be the most disliked child on the planet.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: