Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2010, 08:05 AM   #11
hcmommy
Mouseketeer

My 21 mo. old had a kicking, screaming, biting, hitting fit outside of Goofy's Candy Co. I put him in timeout on the curb and he never calmed down after a minute or two so I had to take him all the way to the car with him acting this way and wait for DH and other son to get finished in the store so we could leave. He was tired and could not express himself and that is why he was acting that way. Not because it's tolerated at home. I got many stares and dirty looks even though I was doing the best that I could. I disagree that he acted that way because it was tolerated at home. Sometimes no matter what you do your kids have a mind of their own and do things anyway. Whether or not you try to correct the problem is another thing. Someone walking by probably thought I was just ignoring him on the curb when really I was giving him some space and time to calm down, when he did not then I removed him from the situation. I did not stay in the store with him like that, I took him outside. While I agree you should not inconvenience other guests and I go out of my way not to even at home, sometime you may be walking up on a situation where you have no idea what is happening. If you didn't see our situation from beginning to end it would have looked like I was not handling it when I was.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: