Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2010, 05:53 PM   #1816
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
Lilian's party looks like fun! And that pic with Chuck E. was great practice for all the character shots at WDW.

You do have lots of Dis meets planned. We are going to be so busy touring that I haven't set anything up but there are a few ladies I'll recognize if I bump into them.

It's hard for me to narrow down my favorite characters but off the top of my head I'm thinking Giselle. I LOVE that she was the one doing the rescuing at the end of the movie instead of the other way around. I think it's so great that the newer Disney movies have strong messages for little girls. Don't get me wrong, I love some of the classics but I always feel the need to say something like, "Well that's wierd, I wonder why she waited around for a BOY to save her instead of saving herself."

I also love Woody and teared up at the latest movie.

And I'm excited to see Tangled- it looks hilarious!!
We had a good time at Chuck E Cheese. Lilian did really well with him, so I am hopefully for the characters at Disney. Giselle is a great character. I agree with the latter movies having stronger female characters. I think it is a good thing too, definitely shows a shift in mentality.

Tangled looks really good, I'm looking forward to seeing it.
September 2010 PTR

Old 09-05-2010, 05:56 PM   #1817
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
I was posting while you posting your next countdown item!

I had completely forgotten that GF was in the Full House episodes! I'm even more excited to see it now.

If I could stay anywhere I'd stay at the Poly- I just love the beach pictures and it all seems so peaceful. I think I might be able to actually go to Hawaii for about the same price though so it's probably not going to happen any time soon.

I like the location of Boardwalk but the clown poolslide freaks me out.
I have done that in the past too. I loved Full House when I was younger and I remember really wanting to go to Disney when I was younger but my parents could not afford it.

I really want to visit Hawaii too but I am not as drawn to Poly for whatever reason--not sure why. Maybe that would change if I could see it in person.
September 2010 PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2010, 05:58 PM   #1818
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
I just love the Beach Club! We had the most incredible vacation there in June 2009. It is my version of heaven
I'm really looking forward to seeing it (obviously). It looks absolutely beautiful there.
September 2010 PTR

Old 09-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #1819
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
Lilian's party looked like it was so much fun.
Thanks Sophia! It was a great time.
September 2010 PTR

Old 09-05-2010, 06:01 PM   #1820
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
My dream resorts are the BC/YC and the Poly. We have meals planned at both of them and I can't wait!

Madison has the Hidden Mickey book and LOVES it! We all had a lot of fun with it last June and I highly recommend it. While we'd be in line, we would look to see where we could find hidden mickey's on that particular attraction.
I will be looking forward to reading about your reaction Meghan to your dream resorts!!

I will have to look into the Hidden Mickey book when Lilian gets a bit older. We have a lot happening this trip but I will still be looking for them this trip.
September 2010 PTR

Old 09-05-2010, 06:08 PM   #1821
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlwilliams9 View Post
As you already know, our favorite resort is the BC and we look forward to staying there with you next fall! The girls will have a blast at SAB!
I know the girls will have a blast--I just hope it works out.
September 2010 PTR

Old 09-05-2010, 06:22 PM   #1822
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
Love Lilian's party pics. You did a great job on the treat bags. I can't imagine 50/60 degree weather. It just started being the lower 90's & upper 80's here & that is feeling pretty cool to us!

My favorite princess is Cinderella. I love all classic movies the best. But, I think Mater from Cars is my favorite character.

The Poly is my dream resort. Maybe one day it will not be a dream!
Thanks Amy! The weather is crazy right now bouncing 20 degrees from day to day it seems.

You never know--maybe one of these years you will get a chance to stay at the Poly.
September 2010 PTR

Old 09-05-2010, 08:30 PM   #1823
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Cute birthday pics!!!

I don't have a favorite resort. We loved BC this time but we've had good stays at Contemporary and Poly in the past. For me it depends on length of trip and what we want to do. BC was perfect because we could eat all of our dinners at Epcot. And SAB was fabulous, especially in the summer when you want to swim a lot! Poly and Contemp are great for being close to MK. When my kids get a little older, I'd love to try GF but it feels so formal to me for little ones. I really like Saratoga Springs except for the bus transportation. I'd stay there again if I had a car. Our room was fabulous and the kids loved the pool. It was nice being close to Downtown Disney, too.

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 09-05-2010, 08:33 PM   #1824
jenny105
DIS Veteran

It's so close now!!

Let's see...my favorite Disney characters. Out of the fab 4, my favorite has got to be Donald Duck. Favorite princesses are Belle and Aurora. I also love Puumba and Timon because Lion King is one of my favorite movies of all time. And lots more!

I looooooove the Beach club. I stayed in the Villas last year, it's beautiful and SAB is AWESOME! But my favorite resort has got to be Wilderness Lodge, hands down. You feel so tucked away from everything yet you're still so close to MK and it's just a beautiful hotel. I fell in love with it when I got there. I was going on a cruise after my stay there and I was SO sad to leave!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 09-05-2010, 09:19 PM   #1825
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Cute birthday pics!!!

I don't have a favorite resort. We loved BC this time but we've had good stays at Contemporary and Poly in the past. For me it depends on length of trip and what we want to do. BC was perfect because we could eat all of our dinners at Epcot. And SAB was fabulous, especially in the summer when you want to swim a lot! Poly and Contemp are great for being close to MK. When my kids get a little older, I'd love to try GF but it feels so formal to me for little ones. I really like Saratoga Springs except for the bus transportation. I'd stay there again if I had a car. Our room was fabulous and the kids loved the pool. It was nice being close to Downtown Disney, too.

Amanda
Thank you Amanda. There are so many great resorts--it would be fun to try them all.
September 2010 PTR

Old 09-05-2010, 09:23 PM   #1826
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
It's so close now!!

Let's see...my favorite Disney characters. Out of the fab 4, my favorite has got to be Donald Duck. Favorite princesses are Belle and Aurora. I also love Puumba and Timon because Lion King is one of my favorite movies of all time. And lots more!

I looooooove the Beach club. I stayed in the Villas last year, it's beautiful and SAB is AWESOME! But my favorite resort has got to be Wilderness Lodge, hands down. You feel so tucked away from everything yet you're still so close to MK and it's just a beautiful hotel. I fell in love with it when I got there. I was going on a cruise after my stay there and I was SO sad to leave!
It is!!

I want to visit the WL too!! I am really drawn to the CR as well, not the outside, but inside.
September 2010 PTR

Old 09-06-2010, 12:02 PM   #1827
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post

A fun question for us all to answer: Who is your favorite Disney character? Mine are: Belle (princess), Mulan (animated character-at-large) and Mary Poppins (non-animated character). Tinker Bell is right up there for me too. It is so hard to pick just one!!
I agree I can not just pick one...

My favorite characters are a bit like me…Piglet (small and helpful), Cinderella (homemaker extraordinaire and found her Prince), Mrs. Incredible (if only I had those expandable arms) and Mary Poppins (I love my spoon full of sugar).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post

If you could stay anywhere on property, where would you stay? Which resort(s) is(are) your favorite(s)?

actually a dream coming true for us...DVC BLT can't wait and another dream resort AKV I get to stay at w/ the DIS_Spectrum Moms during our Jan '11 trip and I am really hoping we can get into BWV for our anni trip next Oct 11

The video I have chosen for today is about Hidden Mickeys Does anyone like to search for Hidden Mickeys? Do you have the book or do you just prefer to find them on your own?
We love them too...I don't have a book just for them...but have downloaded some lists in the past and in my Complete WDW 2010 book it lists several...I'd like to type up a list to carry on my phone for those down moments
Old 09-06-2010, 04:27 PM   #1828
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

We go to Disney this week!!!!!!!!!! To set the mood for my next countdown item, feel free to listen to THIS

3. Magic Kingdom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do realize that this is the second full park I have put on my list of things I am looking forward to but this was a no brainer for me when working on my list. As I have been planning this trip, I realize how little of Magic Kingdom we saw on our only other trip. We missed so much!! What we did see left a good impression on me though.

Where else can you travel from Fantasy to Futuristic to the Wild West and more? (Don’t say Disneyland—it does not count ). I really hope to have the time to soak up the magic of Main Street, see the Liberty Tree, see Push, meet the Fairies and all the many other things left to do in Magic Kingdom.

What are your favorites in Magic Kingdom?
These could be anything—attractions, characters, food, souvenir—anything and everything.

Today's video isA Model Day at Magic Kingdom

I elected not to post any photos today, instead I am hoping some of my readers might post their favorite photo(s) from Magic Kingdom!! One of the things I am really looking forward to is taking pictures!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 09-06-2010, 04:30 PM   #1829
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
I agree I can not just pick one...

My favorite characters are a bit like me…Piglet (small and helpful), Cinderella (homemaker extraordinaire and found her Prince), Mrs. Incredible (if only I had those expandable arms) and Mary Poppins (I love my spoon full of sugar).

We love them too...I don't have a book just for them...but have downloaded some lists in the past and in my Complete WDW 2010 book it lists several...I'd like to type up a list to carry on my phone for those down moments
Great idea to put the lists in your phone. I still need to put in our ADRs into my phone but I figure that is something I can do on the way down.
September 2010 PTR

Old 09-06-2010, 04:40 PM   #1830
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Very cute bday pics. We went to CC for a bday party last week and Cayley would still have nothing to do with him. Oh well. We are also hoping to stay at the BC next Oct. I can't wait.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: